Memphis QF: Raonic GOAT Server der Tenacious Rochus 6-3, 7-6(3) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Memphis QF: Raonic GOAT Server der Tenacious Rochus 6-3, 7-6(3)

Naudio Spanlatine
02-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Vamos Raonic:rocker2:

Rochus:hug:

Hahahahahaha 156mphserve i open the thread first:p:p:p

Naudio Spanlatine
02-25-2012, 02:43 AM
and yes all of you i know i spell def. wrong:rolleyes: :haha: :o

Voo de Mar
02-25-2012, 02:44 AM
:yawn:

Rochus played an extraordinary point to create a triple break point in the 10th game, but Raonic was never in danger. It seems he's going to win back-to-back titles not dropping a set.

I want to see him in Indian Wells-Miami playing against (at least) 2 out of these 6 guys: Djokovic, Murray, Federer, Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro. Still I don't know whether Raonic is a Top 10 material or just a merciless executioner of inferior opponents.

Tutu
02-25-2012, 02:46 AM
With Isner out, Raonic is going to win a 500 without playing a single top 25 player. :help:

emotion
02-25-2012, 02:47 AM
:sad: :sad: Epic game to break back, worst tiebreak I've ever seen him play

MaratandMilos
02-25-2012, 02:48 AM
Outside of a few games, Rochus played quite well and forced Milos to earn his points to win this match. He even managed to impressively create a break late in the match when it looked over for him.

Still, the outcome was never in real doubt. Milos was too good. He looks well on his way to a third title this season, but if Melzer shows the form that he did against Isner, that would be a great match in the final (you know, assuming he can also beat Stepanek first).

BroTree123
:rocker2:

Kat_YYZ
Not sure what happened in that service game from Milos, but all things considered he handled himself well. Rochus seemed to have been working on getting that break all match! :lol: Anyways, bravo Milos :yippee:

allpro
02-25-2012, 02:50 AM
nid. good fight from lil' ollie.

m9m9m9m9m9
02-25-2012, 02:51 AM

Rochus played an extraordinary point to create a triple break point in the 10th game, but Raonic was never in danger. It seems he's going to win back-to-back titles not dropping a set.

I want to see him in Indian Wells-Miami playing against (at least) 2 out of these 6 guys: Djokovic, Murray, Federer, Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro. Still I don't know whether Raonic is a Top 10 material or just a merciless executioner of inferior opponents.

You dont really have to challenge the top guys to be a Top 10 these days
Just win a few MM with weak competition and make some decent runs in big event, you will find yourself in Top 10. Which is exactly what Milos doing

156mphserve
02-25-2012, 02:51 AM
he made it tougher than he needed to, but Rochus played a good game to break. Memphis is very weak but I'll take the points, hopefully all 500 of them, this gets him a IW seed, hopefully it'll be a top 20 seed.

I usually don't open thread unless I have something interesting to put in the title:p

MaratandMilos
02-25-2012, 02:54 AM

He beat both Almagro and Tipsarevic in Chennai (both of whom are in the top 10). He's very close to that fringe top 10 level right now, IMO. Hard to say whether he could beat guys like Berdych, Tsonga, and Del Potro. That's why I really wanted to see that planned Raonic/Tsonga match in DC to see exactly where he's at.

Last year he played poorly at both Indian Wells and Miami. He can't afford to do that again if he has any hope of getting to that level in 2012.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-25-2012, 02:54 AM
he made it tougher than he needed to, but Rochus played a good game to break. Memphis is very weak but I'll take the points, hopefully all 500 of them, this gets him a IW seed, hopefully it'll be a top 20 seed.

I usually don't open thread unless I have something interesting to put in the title:p

i still win tho:angel: :p :p

Love:kiss: :kiss:

156mphserve
02-25-2012, 02:55 AM
:kiss:

viruzzz
02-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Nnnnnnadddrrr Beim Fekz Mheeerrrloooook

Snowwy
02-25-2012, 03:11 AM
One more match Milos and all points from these two weeks will be defended.

Voo de Mar
02-25-2012, 03:11 AM
I mean a stable position in Top 10, thus beating Tipsarevic and Almagro doesn't really matter, it's just like beating Gasquet, Simon etc.

cmoss
02-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Raonic rallied too bad and made a bunch of errors.He'll have trouble with touch defensive players,ie AO's Hewitt.

And there's a long way from a seat in top 10.Even if he gets this title,he won't gain much points because he's last year finalist.

allpro
02-25-2012, 03:27 AM

You dont really have to challenge the top guys to be a Top 10 these days
Just win a few MM with weak competition and make some decent runs in big event, you will find yourself in Top 10. Which is exactly what Milos doing

give the kid some time. he just turned 21 and already has some very respectable scalps under his belt....

verdasco (x2), tipsarevic, fish (x2), llodra (x3), stepanek (x2), youzhny, almagro, baghdatis, simon, benneteau

and this despite the fact that he only made his breakthrough last january and was out of action for several months due to surgery. i expect him to do some real damage at the uso series and uso.

Snowwy
02-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Raonic rallied too bad and made a bunch of errors.He'll have trouble with touch defensive players,ie AO's Hewitt.

And there's a long way from a seat in top 10.Even if he gets this title,he won't gain much points because he's last year finalist.

He will only go to a career high 19, up from 31 if he wins here. :wavey:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM
thats great news Snowwy:hearts: :hearts:

Mountaindewslave
02-25-2012, 04:26 AM
Raonic looking to be a huge threat at Indian Wells / Miami if he wins here too. will have loads of confidence :eek:

n8
02-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Hewitt is still the only player to win more than one set against Raonic this year.

MaratandMilos
02-25-2012, 05:17 AM

No, he didn't make a bunch of errors this match at all. He actually won quite a few rallies against a player in Rochus that you wouldn't expect him to. And many players would have trouble with the Hewitt that played in this year's AO...even Djokovic lost a set against him.

It's about the level he's playing at right now, not what his ranking is. If he remains healthy (unlike last year) and keeps this level up, there's no reason to think he can't make the top 10 by the end of the season.

MaratandMilos
02-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Hewitt is still the only player to win more than one set against Raonic this year.
Tipsarevic and Petzschner were the only other guys to even win one.

If Milos didn't choke an easy volley in the 3rd set tiebreak of that Hewitt match, we'd probably be replacing Djokovic instead of Hewitt in that statement. It was right there for the taking for him even when he wasn't up to form.

ChampionshipPoints
02-25-2012, 05:28 AM

Don't forget that he's not 100% right now (he's playing through pain - see below). Let's wait until he is, and we'll see.

Source: Raonic plays through pain (http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Raonic+plays+through+pain/6183544/story.html)

Upon arrival in San Jose ... he consulted a noted orthopedic surgeon at the Stanford Medical Centre and had a proper MRI done. The results - no results, really, just some wear and tear on the tendon - assuaged Raonic's concerns about doing long-term damage to the knee by continuing to play.
[...]
It was hardly that easy. Raonic began taking a combined painkiller/anti-inflammatory medication, even for practices. But he still felt it.

"The painkiller made that [the pain] wasn't really constant. But I felt it if I jammed my leg, or maybe on a long point if I stopped a little bit aggressively," Raonic said.
[...]
That aching left knee is the one that bears the brunt from his serve, the one he lands on. And with all the work on the other side of his body, in the wake of last July's surgery on his right hip, he said the left side got a little weak biomechanically. The quad is putting more of a load on the knee tendon, hence the wear and tear, the tendinitis.

guichard
02-25-2012, 05:59 AM
With Isner out, Raonic is going to win a 500 without playing a single top 25 player. :help:
Roddick won last year without beating a top 50 player. In other word, it is just a weak ATP 500

Mystique
02-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Roddick won last year without beating a top 50 player. In other word, it is just a weak ATP 500

Gee, why the hell is this godforesaken tournament still a 500?
:rolleyes:

Anyway, great going by Raonic, amazing start to the year for the young guy...:yeah:

guichard
02-25-2012, 06:09 AM

Yes but Tipsaveric,Del Potro and Almagro are currently in the top 11 mainly because they did well in the ATP 250 , few good performace in the ATP 500 and not more than 2 good results(QF and beyond) in Masters/GS

cmoss
02-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Big guys like Isner&Raonic always have more advantages on a high bouncing court,no matter what type of surface is it,because they'll have good angles to hit the ball,and avoiding errors.In DC match,thank to the high balls,Isner hit some devastating shots and made Fed paralyzed.

I think the best chance for Raonic to do some serious damages is in clay season.

Deivid23
02-25-2012, 08:42 AM
: Still I don't know whether Raonic is a Top 10 material

Tad slow at grasping things me thinks

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Excellent stuff Milos.Now win the whole thing.

DOOOBAAAR.

Chase Visa
02-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Third title here he comes!

RIboy
02-25-2012, 09:32 AM
don't care about these mickey mouse tournaments, Milos needs to step up in IW and Miami :yeah:

Yves.
02-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Even the set scores look robotic! God I love this guy:D

LawrenceOfTennis
02-25-2012, 09:47 AM
rochus :facepalm: playing your best vs Harrison then a total gift to servebot

nellis_lv
02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9581/amd0s0kcmaakhi2.jpg

156mphserve
02-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I wonder if Rochus has ever not shaken hands with a really tall player just because he didn't want to feel short:lol:

Miss Molly
02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Third title here he comes!

San Jose x 2, Chennai this year makes this #4 should he get there.