Memphis R2: Raonic d. Stakhovsky 6-4 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Memphis R2: Raonic d. Stakhovsky 6-4 6-4

Voo de Mar
02-24-2012, 05:13 AM
"Mr. 8-time-bounce before the serve" is 13-1 this year :scared:

Someone should tell Gulbis and Stakhovsky that at the warm-up before a match against Raonic they should exercise the serve a bit more than usually. In most of matches holding the first service game isn't vital, but against Raonic it is. Guys of the big 4 may allow themselves to lose the opening serve to Raonic but other guys being broken against the Canadian on fast courts in the opening game are basically finished.

The only interesting thing in the match - two under-arm serves from Stakhovsky.

Voo de Mar
02-24-2012, 05:15 AM
In this form Raonic in April should become the first Canadian in the Top 20.

Kat_YYZ
02-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Some of Stakhovsky's weirdness may have confused Milos here and there, but he was good enough overall.

Looking forward to viruzzz's demonic incantations. :cool:
Ajde!

MaratandMilos
02-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Stakhovsky at least made the match interesting with his ridiculously stupid antics at the end. Other than that, he was terrible and Milos was pretty mediocre.

Milos moves on like he had to, though. Rochus next on the road to the final.

allpro
02-24-2012, 05:18 AM
clinical, methodical.....brutally efficient. rao’s opponents simply have no room to breathe or to find their rhythm. the intimidation factor is increasing as well.

MaratandMilos
02-24-2012, 05:23 AM
clinical, methodical.....brutally efficient. rao’s opponents simply have no room to breathe or to find their rhythm. the intimidation factor is increasing as well.
Yeah, Milos' serve seem to make Stakhovsky lose his mind at the end. He just gave up.

Mongoose
02-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Stakhovsky:worship:

MaratandMilos
02-24-2012, 05:26 AM
In this form Raonic in April should become the first Canadian in the Top 20.
If he wins this tournament (and he really should...he's better than everyone left in the field on these courts), isn't he in the top 20?

nellis_lv
02-24-2012, 05:33 AM
I think he looked rather tired. (Raonic)

Somehow, I don't think he's operating at 100% energy capacity.

bassoon
02-24-2012, 05:33 AM
If he wins this tournament (and he really should...he's better than everyone left in the field on these courts), isn't he in the top 20?

I did a 'what if' quick look after San Jose and I think Milos may be around 19 if he wins in Memphis. :-)

MaratandMilos
02-24-2012, 05:37 AM
I think he looked rather tired. (Raonic)

Somehow, I don't think he's operating at 100% energy capacity.
He's playing through pain in his knee...has been for weeks now. So he's not 100% at all. He'll take a break before Indian Wells.

viruzzz
02-24-2012, 05:44 AM
RRRRRaaannnhammer Nein LLLLeeeirrrrr Muuuulooooorj

Looking forward to viruzzz's demonic incantations. :cool:

Haha! These are working!

BroTree123
02-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Good win for Milosh :yeah:.

Difficult match against Rochus next.

ChampionshipPoints
02-24-2012, 06:39 AM
He's playing through pain in his knee...has been for weeks now. So he's not 100% at all. He'll take a break before Indian Wells.

Source: Raonic plays through pain (http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Raonic+plays+through+pain/6183544/story.html)

Upon arrival in San Jose ... he consulted a noted orthopedic surgeon at the Stan-ford Medical Centre and had a proper MRI done. The results - no results, really, just some wear and tear on the tendon - assuaged Raonic's concerns about doing long-term damage to the knee by continuing to play.
[...]
It was hardly that easy. Raonic began taking a combined painkiller/anti-inflammatory medication, even for practices. But he still felt it.

"The painkiller made that [the pain] wasn't really constant. But I felt it if I jammed my leg, or maybe on a long point if I stopped a little bit aggressively," Raonic said.
[...]
That aching left knee is the one that bears the brunt from his serve, the one he lands on. And with all the work on the other side of his body, in the wake of last July's surgery on his right hip, he said the left side got a little weak biomechanically. The quad is putting more of a load on the knee tendon, hence the wear and tear, the tendinitis.

ChampionshipPoints
02-24-2012, 06:43 AM
I did a 'what if' quick look after San Jose and I think Milos may be around 19 if he wins in Memphis. :-)

If he wins Memphis, he'll be 21.

Yves.
02-24-2012, 08:52 AM
The only interesting thing in the match - two under-arm serves from Stakhovsky.

Why? As an element of surprise?

Sombrerero loco
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
milos :)

asmazif
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Rashnick storming through the race

Voo de Mar
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Why? As an element of surprise?

Yes, he did it both times leading 40-0 on serve and was successful on second attempt (Raonic made an error trying to slice). It were two different serves, the first one ridiculous from the level of his breast, the second one typical for this kind of serve - from the knee level on rival's backhand.

Stakhovsky as early as entering the court was in a relaxation mood, he didn't seem to believe in victory from the start.

Yves.
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, he did it both times leading 40-0 on serve and was successful on second attempt (Raonic made en error trying to slice). It was two different serves, the first one ridiculous from the level of his breast, the second one typical for this kind of serve - from the knee level on rival's backhand.

Stakhovsky as early as entering the court was in a relaxation mood, he didn't seem to believe in victory from the start.

Thanks for the explanation!

Raige
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Stakhovsky thinks he needs to behave like a comedian to entertain - show more fire and win more, it is that simple

deserving loser after such an unimpressive lack of showing of any bad temporament - A disappointment the Ukrainian will always be at this rate

156mphserve
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
If he wins Memphis, he'll be 21.

http://live-tennis.eu/

it's called others dropping points

khanazam
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
so 21 if he wins memphis? what about if he makes the final and loses to isner? 25?

ad-out
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
so 21 if he wins memphis? what about if he makes the final and loses to isner? 25?
Unless there is something completely unforeseen that happens I can't imagine him losing to Isner. John really struggled to beat Donald Young. :tape:

khanazam
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
i also think that based on current form raonic should be the favorite. but isner did beat federer just a couple of weeks ago in switzerland

khanazam
02-24-2012, 03:47 PM
plus i dunno when you have two huge servers like that, it all really comes down to the tiebreaks which can go either way

khanazam
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
http://live-tennis.eu/

it's called others dropping points

this rankings site is pretty cool, how can u tell who will lose points though? i can only figure out how many points a player can gain

motorhead
02-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, he did it both times leading 40-0 on serve and was successful on second attempt (Raonic made an error trying to slice). It were two different serves, the first one ridiculous from the level of his breast, the second one typical for this kind of serve - from the knee level on rival's backhand.

it was quite funny looking at the replay as it showed Stakho laughing while serving that thing :lol:

156mphserve
02-24-2012, 06:02 PM
this rankings site is pretty cool, how can u tell who will lose points though? i can only figure out how many points a player can gain

the points that will drop have already been dropped on this site, the number on the far right for Milos is 1500, that will be the number of ranking points he'll have if he wins Memphis. If you look up, that would put him at 19

Naudio Spanlatine
02-24-2012, 08:18 PM
:inlove: :hearts: :inlove: