memphis: bottom half of draw [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

memphis: bottom half of draw

bassoon
02-23-2012, 02:28 AM
What's this? It seems as though Milos is the last seed standing in the bottom half of the draw. Even though there are still some players to give him some trouble, could be a HUGE chance to grab some points and face off with Isner in the final. If Raonic wasn't already the favourite in this half of the draw, he must be now. :D

KaiserT
02-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Gulbis is potentially his toughest match to the final.

bassoon
02-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Gulbis is potentially his toughest match to the final.

If Gulbis is on his game, you're exactly right. Also Harrison and Petzschner have wins over him last year. Let's hope his serve holds up and he keeps returning well.

On a side note, does Petzschner hold a record for having the most consonants in a row in his name?! SIX!! TZSCHN. yikes........

orangehat
02-23-2012, 02:55 AM
On a side note, does Petzschner hold a record for having the most consonants in a row in his name?! SIX!! TZSCHN. yikes........

I've only just realised that :lol:

German names :eek:

Kohlschreiber has 6 as well, HLSCHR

MuzzahLovah
02-23-2012, 03:10 AM
I've only just realised that :lol:

German names :eek:

Kohlschreiber has 6 as well, HLSCHR

But Petz has the higher scrabble score:D

MaratandMilos
02-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Milos' road to the final looks like Stakhovsky, Harrison, and maybe Petzschner? Though who knows who comes out of that Roddick section.

Can't imagine it getting much easier than that in a 500 level tournament. These are points that he needs to take advantage of.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-23-2012, 05:05 AM
San Jose, Memphis: Raonic's own tournaments.

nellis_lv
02-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Yeah, the only challenge to Milos might be QF against Harrison

(w/ Harrison being the all-american crowd fav and no hawkeye to backup Milos' serves)

BroTree123
02-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Yeah....no Hawkeye and no Live stream. What a joke of a 500 tourney.

Kat_YYZ
02-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Yeah, the only challenge to Milos might be QF against Harrison

(w/ Harrison being the all-american crowd fav and no hawkeye to backup Milos' serves)

what? Last year they said they would get hawkeye for next year?! :mad:
This is ridiculous! even some exos have hawkeye!

Arcaelus
02-23-2012, 05:50 AM
I had thought Gulbis might pose a challenge, but it looks like Raonic managed to weather the storm in the second set tiebreak, smooth sailing from here.

BroTree123
02-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Mugphis 500. :facepalm:.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-23-2012, 06:14 AM
this tournament should be ashame of themselves.:facepalm:

MatchFederer
02-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Nevertheless, Raonic like Tomic is proving to be a prospect capable of making huge waves on the tour in the future. From the current generation, both of these certainly display the talent and mind to succeed.

nellis_lv
02-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Ok, I might've been wrong.

Just found this:

Hawk-Eye to debut at Memphis tourney

Tournament director Peter Lebedevs said the Hawk-Eye instant-replay system, prevalent at Grand Slam tournaments and upper-level events on the ATP World Tour, will be used at this month's RMKC for the first time.

Lebedevs said the tournament found a local partner, the West Clinic, to help with the cost. Lebedevs wouldn't disclose the cost, but two years ago tournament advisor Bill Rapp estimated the expense to be at least $75,000.

Lebedevs said the fan experience will be enhanced by the addition, which will require 14 cameras placed around the club's Stadium Court. With the system, the players are able to challenge a limited number of lines calls during a match.

"It's a commitment to continue to improve the tournament, and the players wanted it," Lebedevs said. "This takes us to the level all the (ATP World Tour level) 500 events have. It's a great thing for the tournament."

I guess we'll see once live streams start.

Kat_YYZ
02-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Ok, I might've been wrong.

Just found this:

Hawk-Eye to debut at Memphis tourney

Tournament director Peter Lebedevs said the Hawk-Eye instant-replay system, prevalent at Grand Slam tournaments and upper-level events on the ATP World Tour, will be used at this month's RMKC for the first time.

Lebedevs said the tournament found a local partner, the West Clinic, to help with the cost. Lebedevs wouldn't disclose the cost, but two years ago tournament advisor Bill Rapp estimated the expense to be at least $75,000.

Lebedevs said the fan experience will be enhanced by the addition, which will require 14 cameras placed around the club's Stadium Court. With the system, the players are able to challenge a limited number of lines calls during a match.

"It's a commitment to continue to improve the tournament, and the players wanted it," Lebedevs said. "This takes us to the level all the (ATP World Tour level) 500 events have. It's a great thing for the tournament."

I guess we'll see once live streams start.
yep it's there. Stakhovsky just went through all his challenges in set 1 vs Milos (got them all wrong) ;)

bassoon
02-24-2012, 04:15 AM
and now with Petzschner AND Harrison gone, the road looks even better! Still some trouble in the top half though. Go Milos!!!!!!! If he wins, he may crack the Top 20. :-)

MaratandMilos
02-24-2012, 04:36 AM
With the Harrison and Petzschner chokes, it's Rochus and then Kubot/Becker now. I can't imagine an easier 300 points being available anywhere else on tour. He shouldn't fail.

Ravel
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Is anyone else glad that Stepanek didn't end up in the bottom half instead of Raonic? There could have been no seeds left at this point.