Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by a woman? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by a woman?

fsoica
02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Serious question or maybe not quite...

As for Muzza, I was thinking abt him and his mom, of course...

Nixer
02-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Istomin, Young

Sonja1989
02-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Marach (his wife)

Tulipe
02-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Jimmy Connors, in a way, by his mother :)

SERBINATOR
02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Wasn't LLodra Coached by Amelie Mauresmo ?

Nixer
02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Marat Safin too

Ash86
02-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Thought Djokovic's first coach was a woman?

nalbyfan
02-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Chesnokov, Chang

DemiCrayanhan
02-18-2012, 01:18 PM
kukushkin currently coached by his wife

zlaja777
02-18-2012, 01:18 PM

Yes, until he was 12. Then she sent him to Nikola Pilic.

Tulipe
02-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh, and forgot Ignatik, his mother.

Alex999
02-18-2012, 01:38 PM
yes. Jelena Gencic, a truly amazing woman. She has literally created both Djokovic and Seles. I read so much about her. She simply had that talent to recognize champions. AMAZING woman. She is very old, but she still works with kids. I was so happy when Nole gave her his W trophy. lots of men can learn so much from this lady.

BroTree123
02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Federer was given tennis tips by Martina Hingis one time...does that count?

boughtmypoints
02-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Chesnokov was coached right up to the end of his career by a woman.

Chang was baby sat by his mother in his prime. His brother Carl was more a hitting partner.

Young 8
02-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Federer by Mirka

stanch
02-18-2012, 02:30 PM
yes. Jelena Gencic, a truly amazing woman. She has literally created both Djokovic and Seles. I read so much about her. She simply had that talent to recognize champions. AMAZING woman. She is very old, but she still works with kids. I was so happy when Nole gave her his W trophy. lots of men can learn so much from this lady.

Yeah. Apart from Đoković and Seleš, Genčić also discovered Goran Ivanišević. In fact, I've just read an article about her published in one Serbian daily newspaper ('Blic'). In eight-part series, she describes all about Novak's beginnings and tells many anecdotes from his childhood. They were spending much time together, not only in their training sessions. She not only taught him the basics of tennis but also many things about life, as Novak was very curious kid. It was so nice seeing Novak visiting her last year and showing her the Wimby trophy, the trophy they said they were always dreaming about.

MuzzahLovah
02-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Wow, so many- why so few women coaches then?

Alex999
02-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah. Apart from Đoković and Seleš, Genčić also discovered Goran Ivanišević. In fact, I've just read an article about her published in one Serbian daily newspaper ('Blic'). In eight-part series, she describes all about Novak's beginnings and tells many anecdotes from his childhood. They were spending much time together, not only in their training sessions. She not only taught him the basics of tennis but also many things about life, as Novak was very curious kid. It was so nice seeing Novak visiting her last year and showing her the Wimby trophy, the trophy they said they were always dreaming about.
I forgot about Goran who was a great player. one thing that I really love about this lady is when she was training Nole, they used to listen to classical music and she asked him to visualize things... I love classical music. It's too bad that many people simply don't understand it and appreciate it more. I really don't understand how people can listen to all of this pop crap...

stanch
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I forgot about Goran who was a great player. one thing that I really love about this lady is when she was training Nole, they used to listen to classical music and she asked him to visualize things... I love classical music. It's too bad that many people simply don't understand it and appreciate it more. I really don't understand how people can listen to all of this pop crap...

Agreed. :)

BodyServe
02-18-2012, 04:47 PM
It's "trained by a woman" because there is a better pronunciation that way.

Llodra was coached by Mauresmo for his backhand.

Slice Winner
02-18-2012, 04:50 PM

I think Tsonga too, on a temporary basis? (for the one hander)

BodyServe
02-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I think Tsonga too, on a temporary basis? (for the one hander)

Not sure about that, but Tsonga as always been capable of pulling out these strange one handed backhand, it's not really recent he just started to hit some in matches.

fsoica
02-18-2012, 06:13 PM

tks.
I modified the first post's title...

martinatreue
02-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Well... if you are going to correct someone's grammar then I need to tell you that the proper way to express what you are saying would be "because this way the pronunciation would sound better." You cannot really say "a better pronunciation" because using an indefite article in front of the word "pronunciation" is very awkward. :o

Alex999
02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Well... if you are going to correct someone's grammar then I need to tell you that the proper way to express what you are saying would be "because this way the pronunciation would sound better." You cannot really say "a better pronunciation" because using an indefite article in front of the word "pronunciation" is very awkward. :o
you know what. I can't agree more. there are so many people posting here from all over the world... visiting this site, tennis lovers. and some stupid idiot is talking about grammar. I mean please.

SheepleBuster
02-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Serious question or maybe not quite...

As for Muzza, I was thinking abt him and his mom, of course...

Just because his mama was his coach does not mean she trained him. When I was a child, my dad helped me with algebra a bit. He didn't train me to become a mathematician, you know :) So let's stop talking about impossible things :devil:

Ibracadabra
02-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Istomin was trained by his mum. Not so sure now

star
02-18-2012, 07:56 PM

As used, it was perhaps a bit awkward, but obviously once can use an indefinite article with the word in a perfectly normal and appropriate way, e.g. “That is an acceptable pronunciation of the word;” “That is a pronunciation I have never heard;” “That is a better pronunciation than before;” etc. If you are simply designating one particular pronunciation, you would of course use an indefinite article.

And really, what does it matter? If we were speaking rather than writing, no one would care about the insignificant error either in the thread title or in the post to which you refer.

/english instruction

SheepleBuster
02-18-2012, 08:22 PM
I repeat, there is no male player in top 50 who is trained by a female. That is just a fact. You guys need to get over that and reserve this bs talk for women's tennis forums or something. Next thing you are going to say is Roger is coached by Mirka. Please.

Henry Chinaski
02-18-2012, 08:37 PM
You can repeat it all you want, it doesn't make it true. The Don is coached by his Mum and Istomin, who I guess will be top 50 on Monday, is too

Alex999
02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I repeat, there is no male player in top 50 who is trained by a female. That is just a fact. You guys need to get over that and reserve this bs talk for women's tennis forums or something. Next thing you are going to say is Roger is coached by Mirka. Please.
no there isn't... but some of top players were thought by women. I mean women are simply not as powerful as men, but I think they can be great trainers. There are not too many of them but again... think about Mrs. Gencic. I don't think it's anything to do with sex. I think they can be very supportive. Mrs. Gencic is a perfect example. I think a good trainer needs to have that ability to observe and have a good eye for details. at the end it's a matter of a relationship between a player and a trainer. look at Nole and Vajda, they stayed together through good and bad...

I do believe that women can be great trainers but there are not too many of them.

Slice Winner
02-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Not sure about that, but Tsonga as always been capable of pulling out these strange one handed backhand, it's not really recent he just started to hit some in matches.

I'm sure he hit it before he was coached by her, but I heard TV commentators say Mauresmo specifically coached him on that shot for the grass season at least one year. Whether or not you want to believe the commentators is another matter, but it seems plausible.

BodyServe
02-19-2012, 12:28 PM
you know what. I can't agree more. there are so many people posting here from all over the world... visiting this site, tennis lovers. and some stupid idiot is talking about grammar. I mean please.

Please, not everyone comes from an english speaking country and some (like me) would like to improve their english as much as possible so i appreciate corrections.

Alex999
02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Please, not everyone comes from an english speaking country and some (like me) would like to improve their english as much as possible so i appreciate corrections.
we are here to help, for sure. I'd suggest that you simply post as much as you can. it's all good :)