Which 1992 American will have the most success? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which 1992 American will have the most success?

SapELee
02-17-2012, 10:23 PM
:facepalm: I can't wait for the next group of upcoming juniors :lol:

edit: ^miget = midget

duong
02-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Of course Harrison has had by far the best results, but Kudla has had very good results recently.

I'm surprised that Sock is always the one who gets the wild-cards and never Kudla :confused:

By the way, could you describe their game more ?

Johnny Groove
02-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't forget guys like:

Mitchell Frank
Jordan Cox
Evan King

and a few other ranked outside the top 1000 like Karagezian, Webb, Sarmiento, Andrews, and Callahan.

SapELee
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Of course Harrison has had by far the best results, but Kudla has had very good results recently.

I'm surprised that Sock is always the one who gets the wild-cards and never Kudla :confused:

Ryan Harrison - really no need to explain.
Denis Kudla - has a good all around game, likes to go to the net.
Jack Sock - big serve, big forehand, also good at the net.
Daniel Kosakowski - haven't yet seen him play.
Andrea Collarini - typical claycourter.

Maybe someone else can add more.

Yes, Jack has received a lot of wildcards recently (even though he is hurt right now :facepalm:). This is probably due to his good start to the year (has not played a lot last year b/c of high school) and also him being the two-time defending Kalamazoo champion (US National Champion) and 2010 US Open Jr. Champ. He is kinda raw, but many people see big potential in him.

SapELee
02-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Don't forget guys like:

Mitchell Frank
Jordan Cox
Evan King

and a few other ranked outside the top 1000 like Karagezian, Webb, Sarmiento, Andrews, and Callahan.

I can't believe I forgot about Jordan and Mitchell. I just listed the names that stand out and come to mind quickly. I don't know how to edit the poll and forgot to add the "other" option. If you have other names, just state them in your post.

Smoke944
02-17-2012, 11:04 PM

Sure.
Harrison I'm sure you have seen him enough by now.
Kudla- Very good baseliner, backhand is the stronger side and he has good movement. Really nice potential.
Sock- More raw as he has only been pro for a short time, but he has a very good serve and heavy attacking forehand. Good at the net, also. Needs to improve his backhand and movement.
Kosakowski- Only one of the group with a 1 handed backhand. Decent but nothing stands out.
Collarini- Haven't watched him too much but he's a left handed claycourter in the mold of so many other similar players.

Smoke944
02-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I can't believe I forgot about Jordan and Mitchell. I just listed the names that stand out and come to mind quickly. I don't know how to edit the poll and forgot to add the "other" option. If you have other names, just state them in your post.

Look at the results Jordan is having these days. I wouldn't include him at all, tbh. Mitchell and Evan are much better prospects.

SHB
02-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Look at the results Jordan is having these days. I wouldn't include him at all, tbh. Mitchell and Evan are much better prospects.

King isn't setting the world on fire at Michigan. I used to think he had a shot, but I'm pretty skeptical now.

Frank has a chance.

jcempire
02-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Sure.
Kudla- Very good baseliner, backhand is the stronger side and he has good movement. Really nice potential.
Sock- More raw as he has only been pro for a short time, but he has a very good serve and heavy attacking forehand. Good at the net, also. Needs to improve his backhand and movement.
Kosakowski- Only one of the group with a 1 handed backhand. Decent but nothing stands out.
Collarini- Haven't watched him too much but he's a left handed claycourter in the mold of so many other similar players.

Agree!!!

SapELee
02-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Sure.

So this must be one of the reasons why he was chosen as DC practice partner against Switzerland.

Pirata.
02-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Whatever happened to Tennys Whatshisname

SapELee
02-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Whatever happened to Tennys Whatshisname

Sandgren - he was born in 1991.