WWW San Jose R16: Ginepri vs. Harrison [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW San Jose R16: Ginepri vs. Harrison

Johnny Groove
02-16-2012, 04:24 AM
Battle of the old veteran vs. the up and comer.

I think Robby out foxes the youngster in 3.

n8
02-16-2012, 05:42 AM

Like Roddick v Kudla.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 05:44 AM
I missed his match against Rochus and I see negative comments about it.
He needs to serve well against Robby Ginepri, that's for sure.

MuzzahLovah
02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
I haven't seen Ginepri play in a long, long time, but it looked like Harrison played better as the match went on I think he'll have better rhythm next match.

idolwatcher1
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
I haven't seen Ginepri play in a long, long time, but it looked like Harrison played better as the match went on I think he'll have better rhythm next match.

Here's stuff from Ginepri's last match, if you haven't seen him play in awhile:

6-yHutiI1z4

MuzzahLovah
02-16-2012, 06:13 AM
^That doesn't really tell me a lot, as Malisse has been a disaster recently, and he's hardly moving.

idolwatcher1
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
^That doesn't really tell me a lot, as Malisse has been a disaster recently, and he's hardly moving.

I didn't post the video because I thought it would open the heavens and give you the answer of who will win (Ginepri or Harrison) :lol: but I posted it because I thought it might help you see how Ginepri has played recently, since you had not seen him in awhile. But instead of thanking me for trying to help you become more knowledgeable, you make some quick snotty remark suggesting that you need a whole heck of a lot more than what you were given. Sorry for trying to help... :o

you responded 5 minutes after I posted a 13-minute video :lol: knowing this, I'm not sure I would even trust your assessments in the first place. Most intellectually honest people would at least watch the majority of something before they commented on what it contained. I watched the match in its entirety, and Malisse's problem was not his movement, it was his poor serving (which doesn't affect how Ginepri plays points, btw) and his uncontrolled forehand. Your comment is a perfect reminder of all the posters on MTF over the years who not only comment on matches they've never watched, but think that an assessment of one player is rendered useless if his opponent isn't playing his best, which is false. It may not be a good indicator of how that player will do against a superior opponent, but one should always be able to make assessments of a player's game and how they play points regardless of who they are playing.

Clay Death
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
ryan has this one.

Fumus
02-16-2012, 06:08 PM
ryan has this one.

We are in agreement even though I accidentally voted for Robby in three Harrison in two .

MuzzahLovah
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
I didn't post the video because I thought it would open the heavens and give you the answer of who will win (Ginepri or Harrison) :lol: but I posted it because I thought it might help you see how Ginepri has played recently, since you had not seen him in awhile. But instead of thanking me for trying to help you become more knowledgeable, you make some quick snotty remark suggesting that you need a whole heck of a lot more than what you were given. Sorry for trying to help... :o

you responded 5 minutes after I posted a 13-minute video :lol: knowing this, I'm not sure I would even trust your assessments in the first place. Most intellectually honest people would at least watch the majority of something before they commented on what it contained. I watched the match in its entirety, and Malisse's problem was not his movement, it was his poor serving (which doesn't affect how Ginepri plays points, btw) and his uncontrolled forehand. Your comment is a perfect reminder of all the posters on MTF over the years who not only comment on matches they've never watched, but think that an assessment of one player is rendered useless if his opponent isn't playing his best, which is false. It may not be a good indicator of how that player will do against a superior opponent, but one should always be able to make assessments of a player's game and how they play points regardless of who they are playing.

tldr
Ryan's going to win
:cheerleader:

Mountaindewslave
02-16-2012, 06:32 PM

no wayyy. Harrison has got this match. If Genepri were healthy or had been playing on the tour much in the last year, obviously he would be the favorite as he is much more talented than Harrison. But Genepri hasn't been himself in a few years and Ryan likely is just too athletic for him at this point.

this is coming from a huge Robby fan but I just definitely see Ryan winning this

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 06:46 PM
no wayyy. Harrison has got this match. If Genepri were healthy or had been playing on the tour much in the last year, obviously he would be the favorite as he is much more talented than Harrison. But Genepri hasn't been himself in a few years and Ryan likely is just too athletic for him at this point.

this is coming from a huge Robby fan but I just definitely see Ryan winning this

Jinxing big time.

stripes
02-16-2012, 06:56 PM
I hope robby can win this :)