Rotterdam R1 - Del Potro edges Llodra 6-4 6-7(3) 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rotterdam R1 - Del Potro edges Llodra 6-4 6-7(3) 6-4

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Vintage Juan the last 3 points to break :worship: :bowdown:

MuzzahLovah
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Great match- Llodra played great to win the tiebreak and likewise Del Po to break a the end of the final set.

Voo de Mar
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Llodra showed at the end why he hasn't won a m.p. down match in singles - careless play (second point of the last game) and lack of fighting spirit :o

Agrajag
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Llodra tried a little showboating at *150 in the final game, and despite having *4015 it unfortunately cost him in the end. Still the most entertaining player to watch in my eyes, but sometimes he should calm down on the crowdpleasing.

Would have loved to see Llodra winning a tight match outside France again, but it wasn't to be.

rhinooooo
02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Llodra seemed the better player for the first two sets. Juan started quite tentatively, wasn't serving well. Pivotal moment was 3-3, Juan serving at 15-30... Llodra misses an easy smash for 2 bps, then gets broken in the next game with some cheap errors. Potro got some confidence and was hitting more solidly to take the set.

Llodra had breakpoints in the first 3 service games of Potro's in the 2nd set. A couple were saved with big serving, but many spurned with poor play on 2nd serves. He kind of ran away with the TB.

Final set went by so quickly. Potro found his serve and range. Very easy service games, and some controlled safe hitting to play very solid. Llodra broken from 40-15 in the final game, some strong returning from Potro.

rhinooooo
02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Llodra tried a little showboating at *150 in the final game, and despite having *4015 it unfortunately cost him in the end. Still the most entertaining player to watch in my eyes, but sometimes he should calm down on the crowdpleasing.

Would have loved to see Llodra winning a tight match outside France again, but it wasn't to be.

Yep, was a very stupid move to not volley into the open court there, and the hot dog through the legs was very unnecessary.

Clay Death
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
well done d-pot.

Agrajag
02-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Yep, was a very stupid move to not volley into the open court there, and the hot dog through the legs was very unnecessary.

Yes. The funny thing is that the volley would have worked on 90% of the tour, but Delpo (and Llodra) is the kind of players that "knows" when they are beaten and gives up on points like that.

ZaZoo)
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Llodra showed at the end why he hasn't won a m.p. down match in singles - careless play (second point of the last game) and lack of fighting spirit :o

My thoughts as well :o, he's good to go for French circus along with his clown pals Clownga and Clownfils.. :silly:

Shirogane
02-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Damn, seems like I missed the wild finish. :(

rocketassist
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM
How is the court speed?

green25814
02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
*sigh*

If only Mika didn't make these careless random mistakes. He'd be so much more dangerous.

rhinooooo
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Based on this match - balls look pretty quick, bounce is medium-low, seems to take the slice and drop volleys well. I'd say it's a medium-fast court. Not crazy.

Can't quite remember the courts from the previous years. Everything just blurred into one for me.

romismak
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Delpo what are you doing... if he want to win Rotterdam and come back to top 5 he should start to beating this kind of players comfortably in straight sets. Despite indoors conditions this surface isn´t that fast after all, Llodra with his style should be expossed with Delpo´s supreme power groundstrokes, in rallies he should overpower Llodra, on serve he should be winning comfortably against such returner and still it was as close as it can be... Delpo won´t make even semis to face Berdych here, hope he proove me wrong but really play 3 sets-close as this with Llodra in 1st round...

samanosuke
02-15-2012, 05:20 PM
expected close one. net rushers are bad matchup for delpo. even on these comical surfaces . those good days...

MatchFederer
02-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I AM VEry HappYY about this result.

Matt01
02-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Delpo :yeah:

Llodra :bigwave:

EddieNero
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM
More talented player lost.

BroTree123
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Good shit.

Poetik
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
delmug is a joke for me, this guy can't win next slams and can't win this tournament - book it

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Clearly as good as Djokovic this Del Potro, being able to scrape a win against a double's player who just traveled half way across the world.

Sombrerero loco
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
the score is not so promising for delpo

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Clearly as good as Djokovic this Del Potro, being able to scrape a win against a double's player who just traveled half way across the world.
What happened the last time Djokovic played Llodra indoors? :lol:

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Edit - Nice cover-up ;) I saw your initial post, do your research next time bud.

But let me respond simply - Djokovic 2.0 is 2-0 against Llodra, including 5-0 in sets, allowing him 3 games routinely in a set only. ;)

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Edit - Nice cover-up ;) I saw your initial post, do your research next time bud.

But let me respond simply - Djokovic 2.0 is 2-0 against Llodra 5-0 in sets, allowing him 3 games routinely in a set only. ;)
I don't give a shit about Djokovic 1.0 or 2.0 or whatever, still doesn't change the fact Djokovic lost to him indoors. :lol:

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't give a shit about Djokovic 1.0 or 2.0 or whatever, still doesn't change the fact Djokovic lost to him indoors. :lol:

Right, "don't give a shit" about any of their other matches, only focus on the one. Quite objective and reasonable thinking there. :worship:

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Right, "don't give a shit" about any of their other matches, only focus on the one. Quite objective and reasonable thinking there. :worship:
Yes because today's match wasn't played indoors. :stupid:

You've lost the plot mate, you started this by saying Del Potro barely beat Llodra.

asmazif
02-15-2012, 10:14 PM

wish Mika would have a few more great runs like in Paris, he was so close to top 20 also, career high 21 :awww: As for that Nole match, some of those leftie BHs in the tiebreak :hearts:

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes because today's match wasn't played indoors. :stupid:

You've lost the plot mate, you started this by saying Del Potro barely beat Llodra.

Which he in fact did, and it's no secret that Llodra just came from Vancouver. As for the first part, what does it matter if it was indoor or not? I can understand if you argue the surface, otherwise it's irrelevant. For example are you going through all the AO matches and counting the h2h differently if the roof was closed or not? :lol:

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Which he in fact did, and it's no secret that Llodra just came from Vancouver. As for the first part, what does it matter if it was indoor or not? I can understand if you argue the surface, otherwise it's irrelevant. For example are you going through all the AO matches and counting the h2h differently if the roof was closed or not? :lol:
:haha: You really think it would have been this close had it been outdoors? Just look at the last match they played. :stupid:

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
:haha: You really think it would have been this close had it been outdoors? Just look at the last match they played. :stupid:

Granollers won in straights against Del Potro Indoor hard courts last time they played in such conditions. Using your logic, Granollers > Del Potro.

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Granollers won in straights against Del Potro Indoor hard courts last time they played in such conditions. Using your logic, Granollers > Del Potro.
Since when did I give that logic?

What I was saying from the beginning referring to the fact that Llodra has beaten Djokovic indoors is that he's a great player indoors which is why it's no shame that Del Potro barely beat him.

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Since when did I give that logic?

What I was saying from the beginning referring to the fact that Llodra has beaten Djokovic indoors is that he's a great player indoors

Last 5 hardcourt indoor events (not including today) he's taken part in three times he's lost in the first round, once in the second, with a best showing of one quarter-final appearance.

So what exactly are you talking about then?

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Last 5 hardcourt indoor events (not including today) he's taken part in three times he's lost in the first round, once in the second, with a best showing of one quarter-final appearance.

So what exactly are you talking about then?
Yes because recent form is all that matters. The fact that he's won this tournament before as well as another title indoors says a lot, even made 2 other finals indoors which he lost. His best masters showing has also been indoors in Paris where he made the SF and had match points.

The fact is regardless of recent form (part to do with him concentrating a lot on doubles of course) he is a great player indoors due to his gamestyle and played well today.

Big_Juicy
02-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes because recent form is all that matters. The fact that he's won this tournament before as well as another title indoors says a lot, even made 2 other finals indoors which he lost. His best masters showing has also been indoors in Paris where he made the SF and had match points.

The fact is regardless of recent form (part to do with him concentrating a lot on doubles of course) he is a great player indoors due to his gamestyle and played well today.

"Recent" form was me going back an entire year. No surprise that a Del Potro fan has an altered reality of time ;) In any event, for an aging player I would say results from the past year matter a lot more than what they did 2, 3 or 5 years ago, when it comes to judging their ability AT THIS TIME.

Certinfy
02-15-2012, 10:40 PM
"Recent" form was me going back an entire year. No surprise that a Del Potro fan has an altered reality of time ;) In any event, for an aging player I would say results from the past year matter a lot more than what they did 2, 3 or 5 years ago, when it comes to judging their ability AT THIS TIME.
Regardless of that though Llodra played A LOT better than he did in those events too though, you have to consider that. It's not like he came out there today and played the way he did the last year then, is it?

david_williams
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I knew some of the Djokovic fans are gonna come in here and mess around. Go do your mama's laundry or wash some dishes and STAY OFF THIS THREAD, moron.

Ibracadabra
02-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Certinfy only represents birdshit fans. Thanks.