Livescoring Thread 2012 Cheer and Post to Your Hearts Content [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Livescoring Thread 2012 Cheer and Post to Your Hearts Content

Pages : [1] 2 3

cobalt60
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Do as you all want.

david_williams
02-10-2012, 03:49 PM
First :lol:

Sweetspot
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
i'll Second that :)

our man's in action in the Netherlands 2 all :D

VAMOS DELPO ! ! ! :cheerleader:

http://i42.tinypic.com/rvkep0.jpg

one set closer to the second round ...

http://i44.tinypic.com/eq830l.jpg

must admit I fell back to sleep ... started watching 5:45 a.m., and the match lasted 2-1/2 hours, 3 sets .... Llodra's a former title holder here, and he knew just how to play to Juan's weaknesses ..... happily, that wasnt enough ... Delpo seems improved at the net, came forward more than I remember, was rather successful there

anyway ... Delpo won 64 67 64 :cheerleader:

his second round opponent will be Slovakian Karol Beck, the qualifier who took out Petzschner in the first round ... these two have never played in the past ... but i'm guessing our man will make it thru to the semifinals, where he will most likely battle berdych ... then federer? for the final

what a tasty dish to set before the king

Carlita
02-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I couldnt really afford it :o but, I had to buy a ticket for tomorrow night! How can I not go see at least one Delpo match when he's in my backyard?! Long live Visa :lol:

I'll be up high in the sky...so have no expectations of taking any decent pictures LOL

vamoooooooooooooooooooooooos!!!!! :cheerleader:

cobalt60
02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Have a wonderful time watching in real time;)

smitty8
02-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Is that a giant tennis ball? I couldn't figure out if it was in the venue or just on the corner of the TV screen. :confused:

Carlita
02-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Is that a giant tennis ball? I couldn't figure out if it was in the venue or just on the corner of the TV screen. :confused:Yes it is :lol: They have one or two up above Center Court :)

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
From what I saw of the match, his form is bad.

david_williams
02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Saw the last set, not particularly great his form, but Llodra is a tricky opponent and serve & volley game always gives punchers headache.

Glad he made it through.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Watching Delpo-Beck and he's up 2 breaks 3-0 in the first set and now he seems to have taken a medical timeout for some sort of nose/breathing problem? I don't get it...

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
He is terrible today. Forehands are mostly moonballs, Beck is outplaying him a lot of times :(

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
:facepalm: Pathetic. Berdych will bagel him I think.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
What is worrying that his forehand has not much forward speed lately. It's more like a moonball shot with a lot of spin. He should hit it a bit more like he did before.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
It's actually his backhand that's letting him down a little bit in the past two service games. His return game has been pretty amazing though today. I think he'll be fine...

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 07:47 PM
He can lose this set and the match as well. It would be a smart move to skip the coming events and go back and learn the basics again. Horrible to watch.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? He just put on a serving clinic in that past game...hit 2 aces and 2 other great serves and won the game to love!

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Against Beck it's not that difficult. Still, Beck broke him more than once in the first set. Awful stats to say the least. I'm sure Berdych will beat him easily :(

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Beck is schooling him :facepalm: Pathetic
With this game he should be happy to finish the year inside top 10.

Sweetspot
02-16-2012, 08:04 PM
lol at the naysayers :lol:

those of us who are delpo fans know (as apparently the commentators and some others don't) that he gets nosebleeds ... today he got a nosebleed for which he had to take a medical time out and received some very nasty medicine up his nose to control the bleed, so it was a bad one cuz it usually only takes a stopper to control it.

don't know the cause, but the result can be impaired breathing.

At least Delpo didnt go the way of federer, who lost his first set today to the world no. 151 :eek:

winning the first set is something to cheer about ... vamos delpo! :cheerleader:

http://i43.tinypic.com/25uqmgw.jpg

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I did not expect him to win a title this year or similar big goals, but this form is worse than what I'd have expected.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Lawrence, are you a true Delpo fan? How is Beck "schooling" Delpo when he's down 4-6, 2-1?

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Lawrence, are you a true Delpo fan? How is Beck "schooling" Delpo when he's down 4-6, 2-1?

Outplayed him a couple of times. In rallies Delpo is not dominating. My negative attitude has nothing to do with being a real fan or not. It's just an approach. It's obvious he is in terrible form.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Come on guys, let's have a little perspective here. You don't have to bring 2009 USO Fed-beating form to R2 of ATP Rotterdam against Karol Beck (who??). Delpo, along with Berdych, is the ONLY guy left in the draw even capable of taking Fed out. And Delpo is showing great form this year, beating who he's supposed to beat and getting to AO QF's. He just needs one "signature" win over one of the Big 4 guys like he did at Miami '09 and this year will take off just like his 2009 campaign did...mark my words!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:13 PM
And it's not a given that Delpo will play Berdych in the SF, although I hope he does. But Berdych has to get past Seppi first, and their H2H is tied at 2-2, although they haven't met since 2008.

Sweetspot
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM

LOT is obviously not a delpo fan

even in the rare occasion that s/he does "compliment" Juan, it's with a back-handed compliment that damns with faint praise.

funny how the fans of "some other players" feel the need to badmouth the guy who beat federer for the 2009 US Open :angel:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
This match is totally on Delpo's racket. Even if he somehow does lose the 2nd set (which I very much doubt will happen), he'll easily win the match anyway. Beck is nowhere near his league. And don't forget about Delpo's amazing mental spirit, which is what made me a fan of his in the first place. Anyone who beats Federer in a GS final (and there's only 2 such men in existence right now) is *definitely* the favorite against Beck anywhere, any time, any place, even playing on one leg

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
4-4 in the second...I expect My Little Pony to go for the kill now.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Hmm 5-4 for Beck in the second set...next game should be interesting.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
i still give delpo a chance, but i still do miss his 2009 form, but hopefully he will get better in his game. he just needs to believe that he can beat big players again.:)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Dee that's why I want Delpo to play Berdych and potentially Federer here...he's for sure got his confidence back against the lower-ranked players, which is why he reached the AO QF so convincingly, but now he needs those few wins against Top 10 players like he got in '09 against Rafa in order to rocket back up into the Top 5 where he belongs.

Such sweet touch from Delpo off the backhand side...love it!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
First serve has looked very good in this second set from Delpo...5-5.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
yes jay, if he can beat berdy than thats a great start of a boost of confidence. i know he can do it and im sure he will give it his all.

Sweetspot
02-16-2012, 08:38 PM
wow ... 100% (14 for 14) first serve points won in this second set.

seems to me Delpo's still got a bit of a breathing problem ... and give credit to Beck for hanging with the Big Man in this second set ... 5 all ...

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Sampras-like from Delpo, stepping up his game at 5-5 to break for 6-5.

Sweetspot
02-16-2012, 08:41 PM
that's where our man's mental abilities shine the most: taking his break chances

del Potro serving for the match :worship:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Great point from Beck, finished off with a beautiful BH volley at net...0-15.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
GOAT serving from Delpo in this second set, I'm telling ya...

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Vamos Delpo wins 6-4, 7-5:cheerleader: :hearts: :D

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
LOT is obviously not a delpo fan

even in the rare occasion that s/he does "compliment" Juan, it's with a back-handed compliment that damns with faint praise.

funny how the fans of "some other players" feel the need to badmouth the guy who beat federer for the 2009 US Open :angel:

Idiot :lol:
I'm a Delpo fan. Stop talking bullshit.:wavey:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm hoping Huta Galung wins today...his game looks like Federer (big FH, one-handed BH) and I think he'd be easier to defeat than Troicki ;)

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
agree jay;)

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Juan needs to serve even better.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Ok Huta Galung is useles...from 40-0 to break point. Juan should start preparing for Troicki.

Sweetspot
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM

heh ... ad hominem much? :smoke:
those with a point to make just make it.
those without a true rebuttal resort to ad hominem :rolleyes:

I'm hoping Huta Galung wins today...his game looks like Federer (big FH, one-handed BH) and I think he'd be easier to defeat than Troicki ;)

Plus he has the most beautiful eyes! :p

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
that was such a long game:lol:

Sweetspot
02-16-2012, 09:33 PM
woot! Delpo wins in straights! :rocker:
Very good season so far: Three tournaments ... three quarterfinals! :banana:
and look at that yummy 83% of first serves won! :p :lick:

http://i39.tinypic.com/10idvls.jpg

Carlita
02-16-2012, 10:40 PM
:bounce: was so happy to be there!! Not the best match I've seen, but it was great to see it at the Ahoy :)

Beck was not schooling him :lol: but, he did make things pretty difficult!!! ooh and how about the bloody nose?! How did that happen? :o

I made some small clips at the start and the end of the match. Loved the interview afterwards. He likes it here and he would come back...but it all depends if we like him. :awww: I melted when he said that....the look on his face :awww: adorable!!

And how I'd love for Jesse to play JMDP in the next round...but I guess Troicki has other plans :(

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Carlita:inlove:

its great to see you here.:D

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
How exciting Carlita! I didn't get to see the interview at the end but he looked adorable today! Glad to hear that you finally got to see our man live :)

Carlita
02-16-2012, 10:51 PM
:D I had seen him before, in Madrid a few years ago. Hopefully will see him also at RG :)

Will post the clips in the videothread once they have been uploaded :o

Carlita
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Carlita:inlove:

its great to see you here.:D
hola! :hug:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
hola! :hug:

how have you been?:D

Carlita
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
how have you been?:DIm okay, you? Was a bit stressed with work moving to another town, which makes it harder for me to get to ...but it's not as bad as I thought...so things are slowly getting back to normal, sort of.

Right now Im tired as hell :lol: uploading the small interview clip...sound is not great but he's adorable to watch so doesnt matter :lol:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
I made some small clips at the start and the end of the match. Loved the interview afterwards. He likes it here and he would come back...but it all depends if we like him. :awww: I melted when he said that....the look on his face :awww: adorable!!

:):worship:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Im okay, you? Was a bit stressed with work moving to another town, which makes it harder for me to get to ...but it's not as bad as I thought...so things are slowly getting back to normal, sort of.

Right now Im tired as hell :lol: uploading the small interview clip...sound is not great but he's adorable to watch so doesnt matter :lol:

im doing fine, things have been up and down for me lately, with tennis and life:lol:, but things are good so far. :)

you have been very very busy, you do need some rest.:hug: :hug: :hug:

well thats good:D

Carlita
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Few minutes to go and I can post the interview clip. I have 3 more (from warm up and matchpoints) but will upload those tomorrow. Too tired :zzz:

cobalt60
02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Im okay, you? Was a bit stressed with work moving to another town, which makes it harder for me to get to ...but it's not as bad as I thought...so things are slowly getting back to normal, sort of.

Thank you :hatoff: Good luck with the new venue and here here to normality:p

cobalt60
02-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Well he is coasting- not really working hard as Victor is not playing well at all. I think JM should mix it up and come into net for practice.

david_williams
02-17-2012, 02:35 PM
The nose bleeds again, it's begun to worry me :o

smitty8
02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
This is the first time I've been able to actually watch the whole match since it's before I go to work. Impressive. Footwork has improved. Just keep ball in play, wait for Troicki to make the error. As for this nosebleed issue, I have some suggestions for him. I am the queen of the nosebleed. I used to get them daily after recess in school when my blood pressure would skyrocket (before my surgery). I get them in the winter when the air is dry. I get them during allergy season (which is NOW since spring has decided to come early) when I take my allergy sinus spray. He needs to get a small bottle of saline nasal spray. I have a feeling the air inside the arena is dry with the heat on. Then when he does get one, wad up a little bit of tissue, wet it, and stick it under the upper lip in the middle, helps cut it off, then leave it there for an hour or so to keep it from starting back up. It works for me almost immediately.

BTW, when I first saw the giant tennis ball in the corner of the TV screen, I thought it was a giant orange. That's what confused me. It's a strange color or the color I'm seeing on the computer is off.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Good result, I'm happy for Juan.
He has to work on the forehand, though. Nosebleeding is worrying.

cobalt60
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Easy match over Victor 6-0 6-1
Good serving from the gentle man.
He needs to get that bleeding blood vessel cauterized.

david_williams
02-17-2012, 02:48 PM
So it's Berdych up next :rolleyes:

tealeaves
02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Is Marseilles 250? Delpo should withdraw if he wants to play Dubai.

smitty8
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Easy match over Victor 6-0 6-1
Good serving from the gentle man.
He needs to get that bleeding blood vessel cauterized.

Ah, I was wondering what the Doc would say about the nosebleed. You don't think it's just due to dry air in the winter? I think he might also have some allergy problems since I always see him sniffling and blowing his nose into the towel (which is gross, use a tissue) all the time.

Carlita
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
:bounce: woooo!! Well done!!! Now I wish he would play the night sf tomorrow :lol: but I guess that will be Federer.... :o

and seriously...what's with those nosebleeds?! :unsure:

smitty8
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
It also appeared that Troicki had some sort of leg injury. He played a long match last night, so he might have picked up a little muscle pull or something. Anyway, Delpo needs to play VERY well against Berdych. Berdy has been playing very well in all the matches I've seen him play this year.

Ok, I gotta go to the store and then to work. Gotta pick up sodas for a bday party that starts in an hour. :wavey:

david_williams
02-17-2012, 02:58 PM
:bounce: woooo!! Well done!!! Now I wish he would play the night sf tomorrow :lol: but I guess that will be Federer.... :o

and seriously...what's with those nosebleeds?! :unsure:
Hola, encantado:wavey:

david_williams
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Is Marseilles 250? Delpo should withdraw if he wants to play Dubai.

Yup. I dunno why he even signed in.

Carlita
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Hola, encantado:wavey:
:wavey:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Well if he loses tomorrow to Berdych then I think he has enough time to get to Marseille and rest up, etc before his first match. But I agree that it will be hard to play 3 weeks in a row, especially with a big ATP 500 like Dubai coming up.

david_williams
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
:wavey:
De qué comunidad vienes?:rolleyes:

cobalt60
02-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Ah, I was wondering what the Doc would say about the nosebleed. You don't think it's just due to dry air in the winter? I think he might also have some allergy problems since I always see him sniffling and blowing his nose into the towel (which is gross, use a tissue) all the time.

Most likely,but if he wants to deal with it quickly and efficiently then he needs more than packing.

cobalt60
02-17-2012, 03:05 PM
He is still in the doubles as well later today. And yeah I would skip Marseilles if he ends up in the final ( Berdych playing very very well I agree)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh I forgot about the doubles. It'll be some good extra practice since his match today was kinda boring and it looked like Troicki was hampered by some kind of leg problem....

Carlita
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM
De qué comunidad vienes?:rolleyes:Rotterdam :lol: ;)

david_williams
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Rotterdam :lol: ;)
En serio?..:rolleyes:

Carlita
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
En serio?..:rolleyes:
what's with the :rolleyes: ? Im from Rotterdam :shrug:

cobalt60
02-17-2012, 03:39 PM
:woohoo: Rotterdam. And DW Carlita is the best thing to come out of Rotterdam in years. Or so I am told :p

Carlita
02-17-2012, 03:46 PM
:woohoo: Rotterdam. And DW Carlita is the best thing to come out of Rotterdam in years. Or so I am told :p:o I doubt that Sue :lol: ;)

david_williams
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
what's with the :rolleyes: ? Im from Rotterdam :shrug:

Ehh...becuz of the country flag and the user name? I thought you were espaniola:lol:

Carlita
02-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Ehh...becuz of the country flag and the user name? I thought you were espaniola:lol::lol: welcome to MTF...where not everything is what it seems ;)

david_williams
02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
:lol: welcome to MTF...where not everything is what it seems ;)
But you do speak Spanish right?

Carlita
02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
But you do speak Spanish right?I can read and understand quite a bit....talking is more difficult because I think too much ;)

Sweetspot
02-18-2012, 09:17 AM
This is the first time I've been able to actually watch the whole match since it's before I go to work. Impressive. Footwork has improved. Just keep ball in play, wait for Troicki to make the error. As for this nosebleed issue, I have some suggestions for him. I am the queen of the nosebleed. I used to get them daily after recess in school when my blood pressure would skyrocket (before my surgery). I get them in the winter when the air is dry. I get them during allergy season (which is NOW since spring has decided to come early) when I take my allergy sinus spray. He needs to get a small bottle of saline nasal spray. I have a feeling the air inside the arena is dry with the heat on. Then when he does get one, wad up a little bit of tissue, wet it, and stick it under the upper lip in the middle, helps cut it off, then leave it there for an hour or so to keep it from starting back up. It works for me almost immediately.

BTW, when I first saw the giant tennis ball in the corner of the TV screen, I thought it was a giant orange. That's what confused me. It's a strange color or the color I'm seeing on the computer is off.

lol ... sure looks like orange to me, too ... maybe because orange is the Dutch Davis Cup's primary color and is one of the three colors of the flag of the Dutch Republic? ... maybe Carlita can comment? ???

i've seen delpo get those spontaneous bloody noses several times in matches ... seems to be an chronic problem for him, but I agree with you, smitty, that it's probably a seasonal allergy thing, aggravated by the air conditioning inside the building containing the indoor court. i've also seen it happen in the heat of summer.

in any case, Juan somehow always manages to avoid getting blood drips on his shirt, so I guess he's able to tell when it's coming ... he knows enough to keep his head back when it happens, and usually all it takes is some compression (?cotton plug?) inside the nose to stop the bleeding ... of course, the 3-minute limit for the MTO means that controlling it quickly is rather more of an emergency than it would be in an everyday situation. yesterday, the bleeding just wouldnt stop in time, so the trainer had to put some medicine in there looked like it stung pretty bad ... poor baby! :(

http://i44.tinypic.com/28clg9k.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/1124mkw.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2b8jnm.jpg]

and wouldnt you just know it? It happened again Friday. Del looked like "Oh heck, not again"! ... difference Friday was that some other specialist (?doctor?) came out with the trainer, who did not apply the stinger again ... this time the 'doc' stepped in when the trainer wasnt successful, eventually controlled the bleeding by some kind of pleget that remained in for the rest of the match. ... juan had just stepped out to begin serving at 4-1 in the second set, when he threw back his head, seemed to be petitioning the heavens, turned around, came back toward the umpire, calling for a trainer since he was unable to continue at the moment ...

http://i40.tinypic.com/al4vls.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/10gheud.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/35k1jza.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/xvjh3.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2nio09k.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/34orfp0.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2yo6685.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/oglw0w.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/9unsyq.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/344z8dv.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/oi6clk.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/j9lx7m.jpg

got a question for ya, smitty: how difficult would it be on the breathing to try to play juan's level of professional tennis with one side of your nose obstructed??????

Naudio Spanlatine
02-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Poor Juanito baby:awww: :hug: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

Carlita
02-18-2012, 09:39 AM
That ball is extremely yellow ;) It might look different on tv.

I took some pics on Thursday....crappy stuff :lol: (I hate indoor pics) But will post some of the "best" in a bit.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-18-2012, 09:50 AM
thanks carlita:D :)

Carlita
02-18-2012, 10:12 AM
:awww: if only he could have won the doubles....I would see him play tonight :sad: oh booo!!

Naudio Spanlatine
02-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I kno they were so close in the third to win, but those other two were too good at the end:sad:

Carlita
02-18-2012, 01:44 PM
:cheerleader: vamoooooooooooooooooos :cheerleader:

ooh if he gets to the final...that would be so great!!! Shame it's sold out :sad:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Vamos Juan.
Obviously he would have no chance at all against Federer but let's hope he wins a few games if he reaches final.

Carlita
02-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I dont care...Im proud he got this far at his debut here in Rotterdam :) It's all new....so if he beats Berdych he did better than his seeding ;) Also, he might surprise us :p

Carlita
02-18-2012, 01:56 PM
:cheerleader: 6-3 :cheerleader:

Lucilla
02-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Vamooossss Juan!!!!! :inlove: :bounce: :cheerleader:

Carlita
02-18-2012, 02:31 PM
:bounce: :woohoo: :inlove: :hearts: :bounce:

6-3 6-1 Brilliant!!!! :D

LawrenceOfTennis
02-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Vamos. Good form, nice winners.

tealeaves
02-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Yass. I am happy. And there was no nosebleeding MTO :D

Sweetspot
02-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I dont care...Im proud he got this far at his debut here in Rotterdam :) It's all new....so if he beats Berdych he did better than his seeding ;) Also, he might surprise us :p

this. with his win today, delpo is no. 6 in "the race"
look at him goooooooooo!!!! :worship:

plus it's not impossible that davydenko would surprise federer later today ... he's done it in the past ... course he also surprised delpo in the past: world tour final 2009

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Marseille draw is out. Delpo has a bye so he probably won't play til Wednesday or Thursday. He's been placed in Tsonga's half of the draw:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/496/mds.pdf

Naudio Spanlatine
02-18-2012, 07:57 PM
I wish i had saw the match but i fell asleep:sobbing:

But Vaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmooooooooooossssssssss Deeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllpppppppppppoooooooooooo oo :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :banana: :banana: :inlove: :inlove: :hearts: :hearts:

Carlita
02-18-2012, 11:32 PM
:woohoo: I managed to score a (rather good) ticket for the final!!!! They said it's "bad view" but Im tall, so it doesnt bother me at all :lol: :rocker2: Im on the first row behind the vip boxes and opposite one of the players!!! :woohoo: Really happy to be there tomorrow :bounce:

VAMOS DELPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cheerleader:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Well im happy for you Carlita i hope you have fun tomorrow and i hope Delpo will win tomorrow this will be a very tough test.

smitty8
02-19-2012, 01:34 AM
got a question for ya, smitty: how difficult would it be on the breathing to try to play juan's level of professional tennis with one side of your nose obstructed??????

Oh, I would think cotton stuffed up one side of your nose would not be ideal. I know just sitting at work after a nosebleed like that is difficult to breathe, have to breathe through your mouth. It would be much worse if you are doing something physical.

Well, I will have to watch a replay on TTC, I think it replays Monday morning. I was quite happy when I finally got done with my training to find out the score. I was so busy all morning that I actually forgot he was playing. I will watch tomorrow unless this storm that's coming knocks out the power.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:16 AM
:woohoo: I managed to score a (rather good) ticket for the final!!!! They said it's "bad view" but Im tall, so it doesnt bother me at all :lol: :rocker2: Im on the first row behind the vip boxes and opposite one of the players!!! :woohoo: Really happy to be there tomorrow :bounce:

VAMOS DELPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cheerleader:

:woohoo: You go girl! Cheer JM on the way only you know how :p

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Dear God, I have to wake up at 5AM *again* to watch the final?? I'll be mighty pissed if I do manage to wake up in time and DelPo gets blown out LOL. I'm expecting a really good fight though and I'm eager to gauge Delpo's form against a Top 4 player.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:05 PM
OMG sooooo excited for this match...who's around to chat?! I'm nervous for our guy!

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Exactly what I predicted. Probably he gets bageled here :facepalm:
And :facepalm:again at your optimism about this match.
Let's hope Juan can win 1 game today.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
3-0 for Fed in the first set already. Looks like cobalt60 and Lawrence were right, this is all about the matchup and Fed might just win this in straights. I sure hope not though...

cobalt60
Oy already :p Maybe I should go back to bed. ^^ You have spoiled me reminding me of ESPN3 and watching after the fact. Always easiest. Hmmm maybe I will do the taxes.

Juan Ma Del Pony
What's wrong about optimism, especially BEFORE the match? If you walk onto the court mentally defeated already, it's over no matter what.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I think Delpo is really nervous. He looked much better yesterday. It's only natural in this big final against Federer.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
^^ Agree about optimism. Besides the match isn't over yet. Can only hope he ups his game.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:35 PM
He has absolutely nothing to lose here and should just go for it and COME TO NET! I think that might be why he was playing doubles again. To get some net play.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Geez 4-0 for Fed. I was really hoping Delpo would get his first Top 4 win today after the comeback.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Now I *really* hope it's not a bagel in this first set, just for mental reasons for the second set.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Delpo is done. should call it a day now

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
double bagel and delpo retires today :facepalm:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
It's okay guys, don't forget Delpo won USO '09 against this same guy after losing the first set in a similarly abysmal fashion. HE just needs a hold here, for moral reasons and to serve first in the 2nd set.

And as I say that, he goes down 0-15 lol.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 01:41 PM
bagel
shameless performance. what a loser

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh hush up Lawrence. He is playing an absolutely marvelous player in Feds and seems to have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed today. I could care less that he is losing but wish it was a good match. He needs to change it up if he can and try something different. Again he has nothing to lose.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
After all where the hell is his serving; like in the last 2 matches? He is totally tight, in awe of Fed and lacks confidence. So he should take from this week the fact he beat 1 player ahead of him in the points.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I could care less that he is losing but wish it was a good match.
Congrats.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Exactly cobalt60, his serving is nowhere near the god-like level it was at in the last two matches.

Fed is starting to come down a little in the first set and Juan is starting to rise. Expect the second set to be more competitive, and Juan might even take it if he scores an early break. I'm still hopeful...!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Geez this is not a "shameless" performance by Delpo, he's just nervous. "Shameless" is tanking or gamesmanship or cheating. Not this.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Geez this is not a "shameless" performance by Delpo, he's just nervous. "Shameless" is tanking or gamesmanship or cheating. Not this.

:yeah:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 01:47 PM

Everybody is nervous when facing Federer but do not get breadsticked. Let's hope he can win 1 or 2 lucky matches this season.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Congrats.

Your welcome. Not everyone wins all the time. Besides it is better to win at life overall. JM is young and has had an excellent career to date. And will continue to do so even if he loses this match quickly. I would say he is pretty successful at the age of 23.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Well Feds took the set 6-1 but Delpo's level has improved for sure. I just want a competitive match. I despised Federer's ease at winning titles from '04-07, he had virtually no real competition except for Nadal on clay. I really don't want a 30-year-old Fed to destroy Juan today. It will do very bad things to his confidence.

Vamos Delpo! Stay positive! I love that about you!!!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Ya I'll be 23 in a couple of weeks and I don't even have a job, lol...at least Juan has a Grand Slam!

Juan working the point well there, got lucky that Feds just shot that FH back at him but still... a good sign!!

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Well Feds took the set 6-1 but Delpo's level has improved for sure. I just want a competitive match. I despised Federer's ease at winning titles from '04-07, he had virtually no real competition except for Nadal on clay. I really don't want a 30-year-old Fed to destroy Juan today. It will do very bad things to his confidence.

Vamos Delpo! Stay positive! I love that about you!!!!

:yeah: I like the fact that he appears to be a kind young man. I noticed he patted the head of the children who escorted him on court a number of times this week.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
cobalt60 that's so funny that you say that b/c I noticed he didn't pat the head of the little girl today and I thought "uh-oh...is that a bad sign?" at the beginning of the match lol

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Ha!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Juan is picking it up here. Never lose hope guys! I remember watching the USO '09 final and just feeling gutted after Feds won that first set 6-2 and look what happened there...!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Fed's level is coming down, Juan *must* capitalize early in the set. That's what he needs to get back in this comeback, the "killer instinct." Oh, and getting his first serve back soon would be nice too ;^)

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Serve is off because he is nervous. Argh.

He did well at USO 2009 I think becuase he was too tired to be nervous and was playing instinctively toward the end. And Fed was tired;)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Now that Juan failed to take the bp on Fed's serve, I hope he can at least hold for 3-2...keep some scoreboard pressure on Feds.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Serve is clicking now for Juan. Hope he can hold...30-15!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Ugh 30-30, come on Delpo! Get the hold!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Ya bp for Feds...I kinda predicted it.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
3-2 to Feds. I fear it's over but I hope not. I'm so sad now. I don't know why this gets to me so much emotionally but it does. :(

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Did you SEE that forehand?!! Geez!!

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Oh crap. Oh well. This match is over imo. Look on the bright side ( although I don't know what coast you are on) but here I have the whole day ahead of me. Gorgeous out so will try and take a walk. And then organize the taxes.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Did you SEE that forehand?!! Geez!!

yep

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:16 PM
OMG break point Delpo...PLEASE convert, at least once! For my feelings' sake, lol!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Ugh he can't convert these bp's, it's such a moral blow in the next game when he's trying to hold.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:18 PM
OMG break point Delpo...PLEASE convert, at least once! For my feelings' sake, lol!

:lol:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 02:19 PM
What a shit player he has become.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Bright sides: Got to see my gorgeous Juan, his ranking has improved by 1 place this week, he got some $$ as well.

Downsides: I ruined my sleep by waking up at 5AM two days in a row, and my heart hurts for Delpo lol.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Feds holds for 4-2. I think it's over now, and Juan will probably get broken in the next game as well. Damn.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM

It does not have to be so black and white you know.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Some idiot in the crowd clapping during Juan's service motion. GRRRRR.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Beautiful little volley by Juan there. Did you see that cobalt60?

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Please Juan, please hold here. Keep it close baby.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:24 PM
YESSSS 4-3 Delpo. There's still time, although it's running out!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:25 PM
I feel like I'm spamming this thread...haha sorry guys, as you can see I'm one of the newer and enthusiastic members of this board, I'll try to tone it down a little lol...

cobalt60
Beautiful little volley by Juan there. Did you see that cobalt60?

too little too late. Hope Davin is taking notes for the future.

cobalt60
I feel like I'm spamming this thread...haha sorry guys, as you can see I'm one of the newer and enthusiastic members of this board, I'll try to tone it down a little lol...

Not to worry. That's why I made this new thread;)

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Maybe Fed will get tight now. It has been known to happen :p
I am Sue btw ( easier to type)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Sue, I am Jay (easier to type than "Juan Ma del Pony" every single time).

15-40 for Juan on Fed's serve...PLEASE take one, I beg of you Juanito!!! And poor Carlita, she's there live, she must be so nervous right now!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Feds saves one break point, still one left. That has been the difference in this match: Feds has played like a god while saving bp's.

My heart was in my throat the whole time during the second bp, and of course Juan lost it. Aiyiyiyi I'm going crazy here lol.

cobalt60
Nice to officially meet you.

cobalt60
The gods are just not on his side today.;)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Game Federer 5-3. This match turning out just like Melbourne. I'm so, so sad. Must learn to put these losses (which aren't even happening to me but to some guy who doesn't even know I exist, lol) behind me.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Now I really wish Kolya had taken Feds out of it yesterday lol.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Hell he isn't even on his side today :lol:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I think Juan's quest for a first ATP500 title will continue forward...it's interesting that Juan is kind of the anti-Murray in this respect. All of Juan's titles are ATP250, no 500 or Masters1000 level titles, but he's got a Slam already, and he did it by beating Feds in the final to boot! Amazing!!!

Wow he just saved two match points! I can hardly watch, I'm so nervous!

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Seriously, he should learn the basics again and try challengers
awful choking

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
*Very* good hold for Juan. So proud of him, with how he's handled himself, today and in his career overall. Really a great role model.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Lawrence, I did not know that Berdych was a challenger-level player...Juan just dismantled him yesterday 3 and 1! Give the big guy some credit! It's still good to see this match because now we Juan fans know to temper our expectations a little, Juan is not in Top 4 beating stage yet -- but he will get there sooner or later, I have BELIEF!!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Juan his Feds right where he wants him...serving for the match 5-4, 15-15, just like US Open '09 2nd set lol.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:39 PM
^^ :rolls: Not his day today.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Well Juan lost 6-1, 6-4, but Feds really raised his play from yesterday and Juan was very nervous and first serve was MIA. Let's all spare a thought for Carlita, who had to watch that match live.

On a separate note, I really can't wait for Feds to retire. I'm sick of seeing this 30-year-old guy beating up on all the young players time after time. He's won enough already. That's why I love Nadal and Djoker so much, they're the only ones who've consistently taken it to Feds. I think this title is pretty meaningless for Feds anyway, the result is NID when he plays Djoker and Nadal on outdoor hard courts these days.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Well this shows us that Juan is still not back to his '09 level if he can't beat geriatric Fed (probably the lamest "sitting duck" in the Top 4) right now. Probably a good move to enter Marseille next week and continue working on that game. If I were Juan and I got drawn to face Federer in Dubai, I'd probably pull a strategic tank in R2 or R3 lol. Hate seeing my boy lose to Feds of all people...

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't think he should play Dubai; especially if he makes it to a later round at Marseilles. Too much playing and too much risk at injury. He ain't a kid anymore :p

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Hopefully Davin gives him that same exact advice Sue. I think Davin is a very smart guy, I really respect him and what he's done for Juan's game.

And now, at 7AM on the best coast, my day begins...sadly, but with potential as soon as I get my coffee. Later, guys! Keep the faith, and always stay positive! :)

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I have BELIEF!!!

Good for you.
Seriously, he just played the worst match since his comeback. A retirement would be better for his confidence and for his bitter fans as well.
And Davin:facepalm: What a retarded guy. Absolutely no visible tactics.
I wish Juan'd have smashed federer's head with the racquet. Would be good for the game.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
BTW couldn't see the trophy presentation (too sad) but looks like Juan gave a very nice speech. I love that about him :)

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Hopefully Davin gives him that same exact advice Sue. I think Davin is a very smart guy, I really respect him and what he's done for Juan's game.

And now, at 7AM on the best coast, my day begins...sadly, but with potential as soon as I get my coffee. Later, guys! Keep the faith, and always stay positive! :)
Have a good day! I am off too. I am on the other coast btw. But I agree with you. Moving out west when I retire;)
Good for you.
Seriously, he just played the worst match since his comeback. A retirement would be better for his confidence and for his bitter fans as well.

Disagree totally. And where does being bitter get you?

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Oh yeah btw Sue...no ESPN3 streaming for Marseille next week, it's back to crappy livestreams and youtube highlights for us lol. Ok I'm really going now, there's work to be done here! Laterz!

tealeaves
02-19-2012, 03:04 PM
The best chance Delpo to win a 500 was in Valencia last year. Losing to Granollers for no reason was pretty bad, given the final opponent was Monaco :o

Sweetspot
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM

LOT is obviously not a delpo fan.

... LOT @ 5:31 AM ...
Exactly what I predicted. Probably he gets bageled here :facepalm:
And :facepalm:again at your optimism about this match.
Let's hope Juan can win 1 game today.

... LOT @ 5:36 AM ...
Delpo is done. should call it a day now

... LOT @ 5:37 AM ...
double bagel and delpo retires today :facepalm:

... LOT @ 5:41 AM ...
bagel
shameless performance. what a loser

... LOT @ 5:47 AM ...
Everybody is nervous when facing Federer but do not get breadsticked. Let's hope he can win 1 or 2 lucky matches this season.

... LOT @ 6:19 AM ...

... LOT @ 6:35 AM ...
Seriously, he should learn the basics again and try challengers

woof! :eek: call the trench coat police ... LawrenceOfTennis shamelessly exposing her/himself in public!!! :eek:

flame, flame, flame ...
shame, shame, shame ...
troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream! :speakles:

:fiery: a solid hour of disrespecting the Terms of Use that MTF posts be "considerate of the expectations and sensitivities of others" who are expecting a safe place to enjoy and share our admiration of and appreciation for our favorite players:fiery:

-----

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
The best chance Delpo to win a 500 was in Valencia last year. Losing to Granollers for no reason was pretty bad, given the final opponent was Monaco :o

Completely agree, although I gotta say that Delpo had probably mentally packed it in for the 2011 season at that point so that he could focus on the Davis Cup final.

Despite today's disappointing result (and I was really confident Juan would beat a Top 4 player for the first time in a long time), I would say that there are overall positives to take from this week for Juan and he has some good chances for revenge next week against Davydenko and Tsonga. I will say that the winner of next week's tournament will be decided by the Tsonga/Delpo SF, as I don't see anyone in the bottom half who's at the level of these two guys.

Carlita
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
:wavey:back!! I was so happy to be there!!! :D He did what he could, it wasnt enough coz Roger was on fire! I sat there wrapped in my Argie flag :lol: between Roger fans :o :rolls: One of them kept looking at me hopeful to fall apart or start swearing at Roger or something.... :shrug: Just because I wear an Argie flad doesnt mean I hate Roger :facepalm:

:hug: Very proud of JM, he had a great week and the crowd loved him!! (what's not to love :o )

Lawrence...you might need another hobby / favourite player , obviously Delpo is not good for your health.........sorry, but what you wrote here today..... well.... :facepalm: x1000 to you...... really....... unless you didnt see the guy on the other side of the net and how he was playing.....:lol:

took some clips again..they seem to work better indoors than pics. Will upload as the day progresses :D

misst89
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I prepared myself for a tough loss and it still hurts. Lots of great positives though, he beat his first top 10 opponent in a while, his form is getting there and he is gaining in confidence.

Carlita that is so lovely that you got to go. I loved his speech because he is obviously very popular.

Carlita
02-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I prepared myself for a tough loss and it still hurts. Lots of great positives though, he beat his first top 10 opponent in a while, his form is getting there and he is gaining in confidence. :yeah:

Carlita that is so lovely that you got to go. I loved his speech because he is obviously very popular.Yeah I was very happy too!! And got a good seat :D

The crowd loved him!! We want him back :lol:

misst89
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
I loved the fact Juan said "you can speak first, you're the champion!" It got a huge laugh I see :lol: I also noticed the crowd really cheering him on and Juan giving a thumbs up. :)

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Welcome back "the best I know from Rotterdam"! ( actually the only person I know from Rotterdam :p) Glad you got to go; glad it was worth it and glad you got to cheer him on. Thanks for the positives everyone as well.
And what's not to love; his public persona is very nice.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
The winner gets a tray like Delpo does so thats always a good thing:angel:

:p

misst89
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Welcome back "the best I know from Rotterdam"! ( actually the only person I know from Rotterdam :p) Glad you got to go; glad it was worth it and glad you got to cheer him on. Thanks for the positives everyone as well.
And what's not to love; his public persona is very nice.

Was a very good tournament for him :bigclap: Plus Delpo gets 300 points. I hope he can hit the top 5 ;)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Fed fanboys annoying me with their nonstop "Long live the king" talk and Delpo bashing :o

Just wait until Fed runs into Nadalovic on an outdoor court :devil:

misst89
02-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Fed fanboys annoying me with their nonstop "Long live the king" talk and Delpo bashing :o

Just wait until Fed runs into Nadalovic on an outdoor court :devil:

I'm getting sick of them saying that Delpo was *lucky* to win US Open :rolleyes: Wait til Delpo gets really confident with a few more tournaments under his belt, and he can beat anyone. :worship:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Ya and then they say I'm a "hater" because I don't love FedGOAT's artistic, majestic game blah blah blah. For some reason, I'm just not the kind of person who warms to super dominant players. It's why I prefer Agassi to Sampras and Nadal to Federer. There's more of an element of surprise about who might win when Agassi or Nadal play (especially pre-2010, 2011 Nadal) than there is or was when Sampras and Federer were at their peaks. Even now, at age 30, Feds is beating up on much younger players and it just bothers me. I want the next great champion from the "young" generation to emerge, and stupid Fed is not allowing that lol!!

BTW, if Delpo was "lucky" to win that U.S. Open, then Fed and the rest of the tour were lucky that Delpo got injured in 2010 as he was on the way to No. 1 if you ask me. Plus, Delpo ran away with that 5th set 6-2 even though Fed was the "experienced" one in that final. Luck had nothing to do with that, only pure skill. :worship:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Delpo was the MAN, i picked him to win it all, either him or Rafa:angel:

misst89
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
That's why anyone who take down Fed and Nadal in one tourney immediately gets my respect :lol: Besides Delpo not only did that, Fed couldn't keep up with Delpo. When he's on fire, he is unstoppable.

I don't argue that Fed is a great player, but he acts like he can be number 1 again when he hasn't won a grand slam or even got close in a long time.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't argue that Fed is a great player, but he acts like he can be number 1 again when he hasn't won a grand slam or even got close in a long time.

EXACTLY!!! That's all I said -- that Fed is still a long way off from being number 1 again or winning a Slam because he didn't beat Nadalovic yet this year, and ppl jumped all over and branded me a "hater" and then bashed Delpo on top of it! GRRRR!!!

misst89
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
I read something similar on twitter that Berdych would have had a better chance against Fed which I disagree with. Fed fans can be very harsh. I also want to point out that Fed has played Nadal so many times and still can't beat him. Anyway I'm glad we can talk about Delpo here. I'll make sure to stick around ;)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Actually I think Berdych probably would have had a better chance mentally after that Cincy win last year but game-wise, no. Juan had the game today but he was really REALLY nervous. It's evident from the low 1st serve % after he served like a god in the last two rounds, and the dumb errors on break points in the 2nd sets. Lots of mental damage from the AO QF and the Cincy loss last year, and also too much respect for Roger. Yeah, yeah he's FedGOAT whatever but come on Juan man, step it up! This is your history that YOU must write! He totally needs at least one win over a Top 4 player in one of these smaller events soon or he'll get snuffed out in the RG QF by the next Top 4 player he meets...

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 09:05 PM
The only time fed can beat Rafa is on indoor courts, but what amazing about Delpo win in us open was the fact that he was calm cool and collected and just so hungry and focus. oh yes i have fed fans friends here i know what its like :lol: :o but yea they can be too harsh because they praise their "JesusFed":ras:, but still Delpo will always be my faves. he can beat Fed, Rafa and Nole anytime:angel:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I love you Dee :hug: :smooch:

On a more serious note, I'm really excited for Marseille next week. I want Delpo to win the whole thing and then pull out of Dubai. He'd be better off coming to our beautiful state early and prepping for IW/Miami than going to Dubai tired and suffering a momentum-halting defeat.

misst89
02-19-2012, 09:13 PM
And also I think it must be very mentally tough to face Fed who does intimidate Delpo. What Davis Cup showed me last year was that when he is focussed he can really challenge the top guys, he is great on all surfaces, it all depends on his mentality on the day and he really gave Nadal and Ferrer a hard time and almost got it.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Love you do Jay:kiss: :smooch:

I agree with you both, he can really challenge top gun guys, he needs to work on consistency and add more variety into his game, if he can do what Kvitova(Another fave player on the womens side, i call her Delpo of the womens side:devil: ) he will be super dangerous.:hearts:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Ya I don't know what went on mentally in Delpo's mind at USO '09 but whatever it was, I hope he finds it soon. That break he got in the 2nd set was beyond clutch, as was the hold in the 4th set at 4-5, 30-30 when he was two points from the match.

That's so funny, I think Kvitova is left-handed Delpo of the women's tour too lol! Love KvittyGOAT, hope she wins Dubai next week to gain some momentum for the 2012 season.

misst89
02-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Haha true much like Kvitova, Delpo has the power and the right arsenal but just needs to work on his movement and in doing so, net coverage could improve.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Dude Delpo just needs the one "signature win" over a Top 4 player like Miami '09 QF vs Nadal or even Kvitova's Paris victory over Clijsters last year and he'll go on a rampage again. How much longer do we have to wait? I hope it comes in the IW/Miami part of the season or even one of the early clay masters, like his '09 victory against Murray in the Madrid QF. That was pretty sweet too.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Haha true much like Kvitova, Delpo has the power and the right arsenal but just needs to work on his movement and in doing so, net coverage could improve.

Dude Delpo just needs the one "signature win" over a Top 4 player like Miami '09 QF vs Nadal or even Kvitova's Paris victory over Clijsters last year and he'll go on a rampage again. How much longer do we have to wait? I hope it comes in the IW/Miami part of the season or even one of the early clay masters, like his '09 victory against Murray in the Madrid QF. That was pretty sweet too.

Yea, that was what Kvitova did in the offseason before 2011, she really improved dramatically on her movement and court positioning. I am a czech fan of course.:angel:, but the way she played last year reminded me of how Delpo did in 2009, i was so excited about both of those players it was not even funny. I went crazy for them. She was nickname by other journalist Del Petra:inlove:. Gosh i love that name:hearts:. But anyways, on Delpo, if he can get that amazing signature win, i guarantee you this will give him full of confidence and he might even win a slam, you never know.:devil:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Del Petra...love it! I'm totally calling her that from now on.

BTW I love that Vika AO gif you posted in the other chat thread...I'm totally using that one from now on! LOL

misst89
02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I see it actually. Petra got that grand slam and sort of went into a dip and is trying to retain her form, and I think Delpo is at that part in his career where he's got that one slam and needs to climb back to challenge the others :D

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
... LOT @ 5:31 AM ...

... LOT @ 5:36 AM ...

... LOT @ 5:37 AM ...

... LOT @ 5:41 AM ...

... LOT @ 5:47 AM ...

... LOT @ 6:19 AM ...

... LOT @ 6:35 AM ...

woof! :eek: call the trench coat police ... LawrenceOfTennis shamelessly exposing her/himself in public!!! :eek:

flame, flame, flame ...
shame, shame, shame ...
troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream! :speakles:

:fiery: a solid hour of disrespecting the Terms of Use that MTF posts be "considerate of the expectations and sensitivities of others" who are expecting a safe place to enjoy and share our admiration of and appreciation for our favorite players:fiery:

-----

You again, fangirl? So much energy trying to prove something. Leave me alone already :lol:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
By the time I'm done with LOT he'll be singing "The Sun will Come out Tomorrow" and we'll have to change his name to "Annie of Tennis" LOL.

Stay positive Lawrence! The start to this year for Delpo is better than 2009 already and we know how 2009 ended for Delpo :)

LawrenceOfTennis
02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
By the time I'm done with LOT he'll be singing "The Sun will Come out Tomorrow" and we'll have to change his name to "Annie of Tennis" LOL.

Stay positive Lawrence! The start to this year for Delpo is better than 2009 already and we know how 2009 ended for Delpo :)

:hug: Look, I'm just a bit disappointed. That's all.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 10:13 PM
:hug: Look, I'm just a bit disappointed. That's all.

Aren't we all? :hug: At least you haven't been talking to Pony-bashing Fed fangirls/boys all day :o

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Del Petra...love it! I'm totally calling her that from now on.

BTW I love that Vika AO gif you posted in the other chat thread...I'm totally using that one from now on! LOL
Yay:devil: :cool:

that gif is still in my head:lol: :haha:
I see it actually. Petra got that grand slam and sort of went into a dip and is trying to retain her form, and I think Delpo is at that part in his career where he's got that one slam and needs to climb back to challenge the others :D

Petra indoor streak continues 24-0:worship:

And i agree, i think hes gonna climb back into the top of the rankings, im sure of it, if he can get his confidence back into gear, we will have a spectucular 2012:drool: :drool:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Aren't we all? :hug: At least you haven't been talking to Pony-bashing Fed fangirls/boys all day :o

Oh hunny i feel your pain:hug: :hug:, i really do, i deal with it to when it comes to my rafa:rolleyes: :ras:

misst89
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
and I know what you girls mean. Novak haters every time, they say he fakes injuries, if he withdraws he is in the wrong if he continues he is a faker. *shrugs*

Anyway, any idea what day Delpo will start in Marseille since he has a bye?

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Teresa I would suspect Wednesday as the earliest and no later than Thursday for Delpo's second-round match.

misst89
02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Yeah I assumed Wednesday too. I've glanced at his draw. Looks manageable.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Some good opportunities for revenge against Davydenko in R2 (assuming Denko wins his 1st round match) and against Tsonga in the SF. This could turn out to be a good tourney for Delpo. Vamos!

And with that ladies, I gotta go. Fun chatting with you all. Finally I found a Fed-free safe haven for my Delpo fangirl-ism ;^)

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 10:48 PM
:lol: enjoy your day sweetie:hug:

misst89
02-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Its been lovely chatting to you both too!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzf04nwICf1r9bfovo2_250.gif

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Lawrence if you are here, remember this moment:hearts: :inlove:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu5s88yCqQ1qev9yjo1_250.gif

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 10:58 PM
thanks teresa:inlove:

misst89
02-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh I think my heart melted when Jo did that :lol: Theresa (sorry I'm very picky)

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkgyfL3Tz1r9bfovo2_250.gif

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 01:36 AM
its ok im pretty picky myself with my first name too:lol: Theresa;)

david_williams
02-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Okay...not a decent score but he shows some signs of coming back in this tournament (by that I mean especially the match against Berdych lol). Still a heartbreaking day though, but I did buy Delpo's t-shirt (the one he's wearing since the start of the year), so it's like a happy/sad day after all :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Well thats good:haha:

misst89
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
At least you got something good out of it, I really love Delpo's blue shirt. I've been looking at pics of Delpo today. He sure loves to hug :lol: If we have a picture thread, I feel like pic spamming.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Theresa (sorry I misspelled it earlier!), we most certainly have a pic thread. Please spam us with some hunky pics of Juan Martin! :) Plus, I myself was going to try to post some interesting "before" and "after" pics of Juan from his "baby Delpo" days and now.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I do myself Jay:inlove: :inlove:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Hey babe! Got some interesting compare/contrast pics of Juan Martin coming up in a couple of minutes...stay tuned LOL!

misst89
02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Before and after pics sound like a good idea! I was going to "analyse" the delpo hug! :lol: Because he looks so sweet how affectionate he is with some of his buddies.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey babe! Got some interesting compare/contrast pics of Juan Martin coming up in a couple of minutes...stay tuned LOL!

Before and after pics sound like a good idea! I was going to "analyse" the delpo hug! :lol: Because he looks so sweet how affectionate he is with some of his buddies.

I saw all those pics ladies, i love them :hearts: :worship: :angel:

Thanks again sweeties:hug: :hug: :hug:

misst89
02-20-2012, 07:36 PM
My pleasure. I love a good ol Delpo spam :lol: ;)

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I enjoyed that spamorganismnessdroolfest:angel: :devil:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
He just entered the court...finally! Hope it's a good match between Delpo/Denko. Vamos Delpo!

Carlita
02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
:cheerleader: vamos Delpooooooooooooooo :cheerleader:

Lucilla
02-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Davydenko will serve first! Vamos Juan!!:rocker2:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Delpo wearing a black ribbon on his shirt, I think it's because of the Buenos Aires train crash that occurred yesterday.

Already 15-30 on Delpo's first service game...nooo!!!!

Carlita
02-23-2012, 05:59 PM
:sad: yeah...it has to be...that was just awful :awww:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Well Delpo had to save a break point in the first game but he HOLDS for 1-0! Vamos Delpo! Let's go, My Little Pony! :)

Carlita
02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
"My little pony" :lol: that made me laugh :lol: ;)

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Denko playing really REALY well from the ground today, continuing his good form from Rotterdam. I see now why they call him "Playstation."

1-1 in the first set, Delpo to serve.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes, the cognitive dissonance btwn the nickname and the actual size of Delpo is why I like that nickname too Carlita!

Delpo holds for 2-1 after saving ANOTHER break point. Now I see why the H2H is 3-1 in favor of Denko. But vamos, Delpo! Get the revenge!!

Lucilla
02-23-2012, 06:16 PM
pff Davydenko is playing so well:scared:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Ya it's really Delpo's serve that's keeping him in this thing, he's already hit 4 aces in the first 3 service games. Every time Denko gets the ball back, I cringe cuz I know he's gonna yank Delpo around like a yo-yo. Still, Delpo has a very good shot here. He looks pretty sharp.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh God the crucial seventh game, Delpo serving at 3-3, and already a double fault to go down 0-15 :scared:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
GOAT serving from Delpo to go up 4-3 here and get out of trouble. I expect him to turn up the aggression in the next service game to try to score a break and serve out the set.

Vamos Delpo!!!

Lucilla
02-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Delpo holds for 5-4 vamos!!! :cheerleader:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
My livestream is suuuuucccchhhhh a POS but I "heard" (I couldn't see it) that Delpo held for 6-5...VAMOS!!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Ugh tiebreak and Denko leads 2-1 already. I think he will take this set 7-6 b/c Delpo's ground game is kinda sucky today but props to Denko for making Delpo look average out there from the baseline.