Viña del Mar F: Gil/DGT def. Andujar/Berlocq 1-6 7-5 12-10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Viña del Mar F: Gil/DGT def. Andujar/Berlocq 1-6 7-5 12-10

Action Jackson
02-06-2012, 01:36 AM
First title for both Dani and Gil, tough day for Berlocq losing both finals but excellent week for him.

Hope DGT improves in singles.

Sauletekis
02-06-2012, 01:42 AM
YEEAAAAHHHHH!!! :woohoo:

I'm so fucking happy!!! ATP tittle! It was in Doubles but it's way better than nothing.

DGT :worship:

Fred :hatoff: :sport:

I'm sorry for Charly. He faught so much in the 2 finals and end up to losing both. :hug:

Andujar being Gil's bitch again, :wavey:

BTW, Fred and DGT saved a MP in the second set when they were down *4-5. And they only converted the MP at 3rd attempt.

Andre♥
02-06-2012, 01:45 AM
I believe it's the first time a Portuguese player wins an ATP title, let it be singles, doubles, mixed, wheelchair or whatever! :cheer:

EDIT: Forget it, I remember Marques/Cunha e Silva won the Morocco Open back in the 90's.

Sauletekis
02-06-2012, 01:55 AM
I believe it's the first time a Portuguese player wins an ATP title, let it be singles, doubles, mixed, wheelchair or whatever! :cheer:

EDIT: Forget it, I remember Marques/Cunha e Silva won the Morocco Open back in the 90's.

I was thinking of saying the same thing you said at first. And yes, I just checked now, they won in 1997. I wasn't sure. I knew several portuguese players came to the final, but wasn't sure about winning. I'm glad I didn't said nothing about that issue, then.

mcarvalho
02-06-2012, 01:55 AM

We're not that bad... :D

Cunha e Silva won 2 tournaments in doubles: Tel-Aviv '92 and Casablanca '97 (this one with Nuno Marques) and Bernardo Mota / Emanuel Couto won the Oporto Open in '96.

Sauletekis
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM
We're not that bad... :D

Cunha e Silva won 2 tournaments in doubles: Tel-Aviv '92 and Casablanca '97 (this one with Nuno Marques) and Bernardo Mota / Emanuel Couto won the Oporto Open in '96.

Porto Open was not ATP, I think.

mcarvalho
02-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Porto Open was not ATP, I think.

You got to think better.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/Archive-Event-Calendar.aspx?t=2&y=1996

You may look in June. The singles final was between Felix Mantilla and Hernan Gumy. It was the first tournament won by Felix Mantilla.

Sauletekis
02-06-2012, 02:09 AM
You're right :yeah:

Andre♥
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
The Oporto Open gives me great memories. I use to go see it when I was a kid. I also remember the Maia Open, which was a challenger. A lot of players who are now well inside the Top 100 used to play it. When we had the good tournaments, we had no great players (or at least the depth in quality players we have now). Now we have two Top 100 players, two other with the chances of getting into the Top 100 and we have only the Estoril Open...

Sauletekis
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
The Oporto Open gives me great memories. I use to go see it when I was a kid. I also remember the Maia Open, which was a challenger. A lot of players who are now well inside the Top 100 used to play it. When we had the good tournaments, we had no great players (or at least the depth in quality players we have now). Now we have two Top 100 players, two other with the chances of getting into the Top 100 and we have only the Estoril Open...

This. And EO doesn't get that many great players they had in the past. Used to be one of the most prestigious clay tournaments of the season. Now it's just another one. Also the 28 draw made it even worst. They should man this draws from ATP.