Green in Grand Slams = DOMINATION! Rafa at the Aussie Open 2012 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Green in Grand Slams = DOMINATION! Rafa at the Aussie Open 2012

Xristos
01-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Last time Rafa wore green in a Grand Slam was Roland Garros 2008, hopefully he can replicate that form and bring home his second Australian Open.

VAMOOS!

Put me down for WIN.

Mae
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Gee I wish I could be as positive as you, but sorry I'm justing not feeling it right now :sad:

MariaV
01-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Sorry X, there's not going to be MIT this year. :sad:
Anyway, cheer for Rafa as much as you can and have fun at the AO! :rocker: :bounce: :bigclap:

Don't know about winning, there were positive signs in Doha but the other top 3 are too strong right now I'm afraid. If he could make it to the semis would be nice already. At least I'm more positive than at the end of last year. :)

Rafa is the GOAT
01-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I BELIEVE THAT HE"LL WIN AO THIS YEAR AS WELL, X.
MAYBE NOT AS EASY AS RG 2008 BUT He'll win, put me down for it as well

Foxy
01-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Sorry X, there's not going to be MIT this year. :sad:
Anyway, cheer for Rafa as much as you can and have fun at the AO! :rocker: :bounce: :bigclap:

Don't know about winning, there were positive signs in Doha but the other top 3 are too strong right now I'm afraid. If he could make it to the semis would be nice already. At least I'm more positive than at the end of last year. :)

I wish Feds is in Rafa's half. It's all what's needed. Murray and Djokovic will kill each other in the other half. 5 sets, 7 hours! :devil:

!VamosRafa!
01-11-2012, 03:15 AM
I'm expecting R4/QF :awww:

MariaV
01-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I wish Feds is in Rafa's half. It's all what's needed. Murray and Djokovic will kill each other in the other half. 5 sets, 7 hours! :devil:

I wish Foxy, I wish... :devil: :lol: Am afraid it's not gonna be 7 hours though :o
Fed with his bad back :awww:

Xristos
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Why no MIT this year?

MariaV
01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Why no MIT this year?

Because Metis said so, she's not around that often any more to organize it.
And no-one else has stepped up to replace her.

Xristos
01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Shame real shame.

Oh well.

Vamoos X and RAFA!

Naudio Spanlatine
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
VAMOS RAFA:woohoo: :cheerleader: :woohoo:

Rafaaah
01-11-2012, 09:50 PM

I love this, if only this would come true!! At least we know can only meet Djoko if he reaches the final!

I'm totally for Rafa to surprise the world and WIN AO 2012!!! But my mind tells me that is pretty naive and ultra optimistic! I can only pray and hope...but I think the way Rafa is making us feel, it seems like a SF result would already be good!! Reaching the Final would just be the best...but I think I'd rather he lose earlier than to lose another final against Djoko so early in the year!!! If Rafa doesn't win, I can only hope for Fed to deliver!!! No more Djoko dominance please and don't bring Murray into the mix...3 GS contenders are enough!!!

born_on_clay
01-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Because Metis said so, she's not around that often any more to organize it.
And no-one else has stepped up to replace her.

Ok, guys, I'll do it :-D

Let's rename it for RIT (close enough to RIP my friends :o )

Remember: Deadline = Rafa's first match.

My RIT: Semis

born_on_clay
01-12-2012, 07:28 PM
2012 RIT official thread can be found her:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044

Foxy
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
My MIT/RIT = Winner. Vamoooooooooooooooooooooooooos! Kill'em, Rafa! Kill'em slowly! Kill'em painfully! Kill'em all!

Naudio Spanlatine
01-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Rafa will do damage jus like 2009 aussie open, oh what beautiful memories:devil:

MariaV
01-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Rafa will do damage jus like 2009 aussie open, oh what beautiful memories:devil:

That would be just too beautiful and make me weep. :awww: :tears:

Naudio Spanlatine
01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
That would be just too beautiful and make me weep. :awww: :tears:
Oh i know:hug: :hug: :smooch:

I mean if he can do that it would be so awesome:cool:

extremaduratenis
01-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Ya podeis votar por Rafa Nadal como mejor deportista de 2012 en los premios del blog "Pasaporte a Londres 2012" (en la columna de la izquierda): http://alondres2012.blogspot.com/search/label/Tenis

Xristos
01-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Rit: Win.

MariaV
01-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Rafa 4th on Hisense, vs Alex Kuznetsov (USA). Let's hope for the best, vamos!!!!!!!!! :rocker: :bounce: :bigclap:

Foxy
01-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Rafa 4th on Hisense, vs Alex Kuznetsov (USA). Let's hope for the best, vamos!!!!!!!!! :rocker: :bounce: :bigclap:

Benchmark: not more than 1:50h spent on court. No tiebreak, please, Rafa.

RafaForever
01-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Rafa FTW :bounce: :banana:

MariaV
01-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Heavy strapping on the right knee, we're doomed!!!!!!! :bigcry: :crying2: :bigcry:

star
01-16-2012, 07:10 AM
I put Rafa’s interview in the Articles thread.

Mae
01-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Heavy strapping on the right knee, we're doomed!!!!!!! :bigcry: :crying2: :bigcry:

He said his shoulder was alright and then comes out with strapping on his right knee :bigcry: What is going on???????

MariaV
01-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Retirement Mae, retirement is what's ahead of us! Rafa's body just cannot hold up! :bigcry: :crying2:

Castafiore
01-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I suppose asking to limit the drama queen act to rafachat is futile?

MariaV
01-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes :p

MariaV
01-16-2012, 08:21 AM
6-4 6-1 6-1 vs Alex Kuznetsov but it won't do in the later rounds against better players AT ALL! :help: :help: :tape: :o

Edit: And 1 h 46 min for Foxy, barely inside the limit. ;) :o

Mae
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Oh well he plays Tommy Haas next. And as much as I have loved Tommy for years his body is in way worse shape than Rafa's plus he is much older so Rafa should be all right through the 2nd Rd.

MariaV
01-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Battle of the constantly injured, Mae. :lol:

Ben.
01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Pretty good start I think. Can't argue with 40+ winners, 14 errors, 9 aces and the BH landing in the court.

MariaV
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah but that won't cut it vs Federina or Nole I'm afraid. :o

Xristos
01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Great vid of Rafa in Melbourne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTqAW0KP5PY&feature=youtu.be

born_on_clay
01-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Stats after 1st round
Nicley done but I'm afraid about his leg condidion :confused:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5896/ao12r1.jpg

RIT: no more picks
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5455/ao12types.jpg

grishotarian
01-17-2012, 07:44 AM
:rocker2: Vamos

MariaV
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
OMG 3rd at the Rod Laver Arena vs Tommy Haas!!!! :help: :help: :scared: :unsure:
ˇBuena suerte! :bounce: :bigclap:

Xristos
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Vamoooos!!

Ben.
01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
OMG 3rd at the Rod Laver Arena vs Tommy Haas!!!! :help: :help: :scared: :unsure:
ˇBuena suerte! :bounce: :bigclap:

3rd? I have to stay up all night now. :mad:

MariaV
01-18-2012, 05:22 AM
6-4 6-3 6-4, Tommy played really well, got tired at the end. Rafa broken twice - still no bueno. :( But let's hope he can improve with every match. Vamos!

Mae
01-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Battle of the constantly injured, Mae. :lol:

That is sadly so true :sad: And I know it was a straight set win, but I honestly thought Rafa would do better than that against Tommy :help:

MariaV
01-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Match time 2 hours 29 minutes, Foxy won't be happy. :o
At least he SAID the knee was fine at the on-court interview after the match, but we have no idea what's really going on with the knee, still the same bandage. :(

Mae, Tommy got a nice farewell on RLA at least. :D :hug: :hug:

born_on_clay
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Stats after round 2:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6606/ao2012r2.jpg

MariaV
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
WTF, Rafa vs Lukas Lacko first on RLA! :tape: :unsure: :scratch: But whatever, I won't bother to stay awake, he has to manage without me. :D

Ben.
01-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Men starting for a change? I can actually watch back to back matches for the first time this week.

MariaV
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Roger right after Rafa, have fun! :wavey:

Mae
01-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Rafa seems to be having an easy time this Round :) I hope it continues :D

Mae
01-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Rafa 6-2. 6-4, and 6-2 over Lacko :)

MariaV
01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Too bad I didn't see but looks like it was an easy match. :D
1 hour and 55 minutes though but that's Rafa. :o :o :o

Ben.
01-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Pretty good, much better than against Haas. FH, BH and serve all working, I just wish he would close the net a bit more, too often playing prolonged points. Feli up next thankfully, less worrying than Isner.

MariaV
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh yeah Big John would've been much much scarier. :o And Big John is such a fighter, gotta give him that! :hatoff:

Xristos
01-20-2012, 01:52 PM
So far so good!

born_on_clay
01-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Stats after R3:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3470/ao2012r3.jpg

Foxy
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
So far so good!

Very happy with the results so far. Unfortunately I am not able to watch as it is always at night here. Also this year the highlights are crap. If someone can provide decent highlights from the 3 matches I will be very grateful.

MariaV
01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey Foxy, look at the video thread, the Haas match is there.

Foxy
01-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Hey Foxy, look at the video thread, the Haas match is there.

I need highlights. I will anyway download all matches once Rafa wins the title this year. ;)

Ben.
01-21-2012, 01:26 AM
born on clay, the first set against Lacko was 6-2. Thanks for these stats, very helpful.

klyne
01-21-2012, 07:48 AM
yeah boi..go rafa:worship:

MariaV
01-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Rafa vs Feli 2nd on RLA
Hope Feliciano will be a good friend. ;) :o

born_on_clay
01-21-2012, 01:03 PM
born on clay, the first set against Lacko was 6-2. Thanks for these stats, very helpful.

oh, thanks, typo :o

Vamos Rafa :wavey:

MariaV
01-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh, I now had a look at b_o_c's stats, looks like deteriorating from match to match. :o :o Hope the game itself keeps improving, vamos! :bounce: :bigclap:

Ben.
01-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I thought the same :lol: Even though the serve was slower last match, it was far more effective and a higher percentage. He used the wide serve a lot which accounts for it being slower. I was suprised at only 27 winners though, seemed like more when watching.

Another earlyish match tonight :woohoo: Three quick sets please, Djokovic and Murray are wasting no time and Fed's had a walkover.

MariaV
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Rafa's presser after the last match for those who haven't read.

Rafael Nadal 20.01.12

Q. How was today's match and how do you feel with your knee?
RAFAEL NADAL: Good. The knee is fine. That's important thing. The match was a really complete match, a really solid one. Very happy about my game.

Being in fourth round without losing a set, it's fantastic news.

Q. Do you like birds? You had to wait for the birds to leave.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I like. Not to wait during the match, but it was a good fun because they were trying to take ‑ I don't know how to say in English.

Q. Do you feel it's been fairly comfortable so far for you? Has it been quite easy for you so far?

RAFAEL NADAL: Today, the match?

Q. So far through the tournament.

RAFAEL NADAL: Everything was easy it seems today?

Q. Do you feel as though your progress through the draw has been quite easy?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I am playing well. If you are playing well, things can be a little bit less difficult. If you are playing bad, every match will be very, very difficult, no?

I did well. I played both matches, three matches at very good level. Today was one of the best, solid, without mistakes, comfortable with the serve, having good return.

So nothing is easy. Everything is difficult. Every match you have your problems. First set was 6‑2, but was a really fighted set. That's my feeling. Was tough one.

But I played solid all the match, so that's why the result.

Q. Can you talk about John Isner's progress.

RAFAEL NADAL: He's this kind of player that must be in the top, in my opinion, because there is no one reason why he is not in the top 13 of the world, top 14 of the world, my opinion.

Fantastic serve. More than fantastic serve. The movement to be like this is very good, and he has fantastic forehand.

I don't know why last year, especially the first part of the year, he didn't play very well, because he has everything to be there. I know he's one of the opponents that you don't want to meet against.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-20/201201201327029595276.html

born_on_clay
01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Finally I'll be able to watch Rafa tonight :D
Vamos :)

Mae
01-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Straight Sets win for Rafa :) Sorry Feli :sad:

MariaV
01-22-2012, 06:57 AM
6-4 6.4 6-2 Feli was nice to him but a loss to Berdych coming up NID! Losing in the QF is no shame though, well done Rafa! :yeah: Now go heal your shoulder, knee, foot etc etc. :hug: :hug:

Rafa is the GOAT
01-22-2012, 07:44 AM
6-4 6.4 6-2 Feli was nice to him but a loss to Berdych coming up NID! Losing in the QF is no shame though, well done Rafa! :yeah: Now go heal your shoulder, knee, foot etc etc. :hug: :hug:

He will trash berdych in 3: 6-4 7-6 6-1.
Be more positive dude.
Don be like "vamos rafa" rafa has beaten berdych for 9 times in a row so give me a reason exept injury why rafa will lose in the QF.
He is in form and confident

born_on_clay
01-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Stats after R4:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/549/ao2012r4.jpg

I'm not satisfied about winners count getting lower and lower with every match.
More agresiveness please Rafa
3 more wins to glory...

MariaV
01-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Right about the winners but at least the 1st serve % is still good, gonna need it vs Berdych but also more aggression.
At least I hope the Aussie crowd will be supporting him. :lol:
2 h 25 min match time, at least he hasn't exhausted himself, all straight sets so far. :D

Foxy
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Right about the winners but at least the 1st serve % is still good, gonna need it vs Berdych but also more aggression.
At least I hope the Aussie crowd will be supporting him. :lol:
2 h 25 min match time, at least he hasn't exhausted himself, all straight sets so far. :D

Yes, the good thing is he still didn't prolong the sets to 75 or 76 yet. I still haven't watched highlights of the match but I guess he is on the right path. I don't think Berdych will be a problem. Maybe Rafa will lose a set but then again no Murray in the semis so it is always a good thing preparing for the final + the 2 days rest after the SF match. It's looking good. And again I like Rafa's chances against Rogi in semis more than if it was in a final against Rogi. Because how many times did Rafa lose to Rogi in a final after an exhausting SF?

MariaV
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
He lost to Rogi in the WTF semis last, no?
And the Abu Dhabi exho but that doesn't really count.

Rogi seems great though, and Delpo seems great too, they can both sweep defensice and mentally destroyed Rafa off the court. :shrug: :o Let's hope it won't happen though. :)

Ben.
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Terrible match, fell asleep for a while. Rafa should have won about an hour earlier, he needs to find that killer instinct again and be able to run away with the set/match when he has the upper hand. If he lets Berdych hang around for a long time then he can find himself in trouble. Still, one set lost in the last nine meeting means Rafa is a huge favourite.

Del Potro/Fed is another matter though. After Davis Cup and WTF I wouldn't feel very comfortable about either of those matchups.

Rafaaah
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm happy to see Rafa winning all his rounds and in straight sets...but I'm not convinced by his performance so far. I can't really see what has changed so much since last year? I haven't been watching ever moment of his last 4 matches but I feel that his serve was quite fast and flat in the first match but then reverted back to how it has always been...a lot more spin and loopier...easier to attack for the great players.

He isn't hitting that many winners or being aggressive going to the net more. At the start of this tournament, when he is playing much lower ranked opponents that he should win easily, he really should be testing out and searching for that powerful flatter USO'10 serve of his!! And definitely work on improving points conversion with much shorter rallies and going to the net to be more aggressive. Rafa is not the same Rafa he used to be....eventhough he can win long rallies, Novak has made the whole world believe that anyone can win long rallies against Rafa so now people are not afraid to try it and stick it out to see if they really can win a long rally against Rafa. He isn't hitting his returns early, he isn't aiming for back of the court or down the lines. Federer is just a genius about placing the ball in the right places...Novak and Murray have excellent down the line shots..so how can Rafa win against them if his continually plays the ball short and not back and to the sides (wide) enough? I'm so worried...but I still hope he continues to win and take the Trophy...I do believe that it will be bit a big task at this stage..but maybe he will sudden step it up as his opponents get more challenging? VAMOS!!

MariaV
01-23-2012, 08:09 AM
The last presser, nothing sensational, some random stuff about the T-shirts though. :lol:

Rafael Nadal 22.01.12

Q. How good is it for you physically that you've had straight‑sets matches so far?
RAFAEL NADAL: I want to say the same than the other day, no? Physically it's important. More important thing is play well, no? If you win in four sets and your feeling is fantastic, you know, works very well.

So it's positive winning three sets. Yes. The most positive thing is the feeling is positive during all the tournament and happy about how I am playing and enjoying the tournament. I'm in quarterfinals. That's very good news.

Q. Do you feel like you're improving, getting better with every match?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I think I started the tournament playing really well this time. Sometimes in a few tournaments I feel that I am improving day by day. But this time I felt that the first day I played well, and second, two days ago I played well. And today I played another complete match in my opinion, serious match.

But now I arrive to quarterfinals. Is the moment to keep playing well and to try to go a little bit more. That's all. In general, I am doing the right things. I am in the right place, right moment.

So now remain to keep playing well and to try, if it's possible, to improve a little bit. But I am happy.

Q. How did you feel about your serve in this tournament? In the US Open you said you need more free points with your serve. How did you feel it in this tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: I played a few matches against a player, against a few kind of players that I really needed to serve a little bit slower for the start of the game.

Today, especially on the deuce, I tried to serve with a lot of spin against the backhand of Feliciano, because if I serve faster against his forehand or fast against his backhand, for him sometimes it's easier to block the return. The ball come back a little bit faster, and I don't have no one interest to play against him this way, because normally he return the serve with a slice if I have a good kick, and for him it's much more difficult to return a slice from here than from here.

So that's why I tried to serve a little bit lower, and higher to try to get the position under control with my forehand on the second shot, no? The goal against him always is, you know, his best way to try to beat me is play aggressive sometimes, no?

If he goes to the net, he has the chance to go to the net with his slice backhand, with his forehand, and I try to make that not happen, to make sure that that will not happen, no? And put in first serves inside and with spin I have always the first shot with my forehand, and I have the chance to control the point from there.

So I take out his chance there. That's why. But the serve is working well. Good percentage. Few free points in important moments. That's all.

Q. I wonder if you had watched any of Tomic in this championship, and just get your assessment of how he plays the game.

RAFAEL NADAL: He understand the game. His position on court is fantastic. He's young, and probably he's doing great mentally, my opinion. He stays very relaxed with, in my opinion, positive face, even when the match is tough for him, in tough moments of the match, I saw him always with calm and accepting everything really well.

That's the right tactic to be a champion. Probably he's one of these players that have a very good chance to be there. For sure after, in terms of the game, he need to improve things. Sure, he's young. How old is him? 19? 20? Need to keep improving things, in my opinion. But with 19 years old he is No. 30 of the world winning three very tough matches here against three players with very good level.

The normal evolution is to saw him, I don't know if this year, in the top 10, but probably this year, next year.

Q. What are your thoughts on Lleyton Hewitt making this run at this stage in this tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: I admire him a lot. I think he deserve all the respect of the people who love this sport and respect and admiration of everyone, because after having, I don't know how many, five surgeries, six surgeries, something like this, keep having the, you know, the motivation to run, to fight every ball. Even if the body don't have the perfect answer, is something fantastic.

I was yesterday at the hotel watching the match, last set, and even if I have a good relationship with Raonic, his coach is from Spain so I am close to him, you know, I really get emotional when he finished. He goes to the floor. He was really showing out his emotions, so is something fantastic at this moment of his career after having fantastic career, you know, keep having this motivation and this illusion to win a third‑round match. That's unbelievable.

So I wish him all the best for the rest of the season. I hope his problems will be fine. He's one of the more charismatic players on tour. I always liked him, his spirit of competition.

Today he is an example to follow for a lot people.

Q. Were you involved in the design of the T‑shirt?

RAFAEL NADAL: I am not Sharapova. (Laughter.) Maria is doing. I am just say, on these things, I like; I don't like. I say it's okay.

But what's happen a lot of times? Because I have to say that one year and a half ago, and I don't remember. We arrived here, I saw the T‑shirt, and I didn't remember that I approved that. But anyway, I like it. If not, I don't gonna to wear.

Q. You mentioned Milos' coach is Spanish. Have you spoken to him during the tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I spoke more with the coach and with Milos, too. But he's doing great. In my opinion, he stayed a little bit more nervous than what he must do in the few moments, like in the previous match against Petzschner. Probably yesterday he was a little bit too anxious.

But seriously, with this serve, forehand, and not bad movement, if you are just a little bit smart and try to keep improving your game, you have to be in the top positions of the ranking.

And he is young. He has everything to be there. Only problem is the injuries, in my opinion, because for the rest he has everything to be there.

I don't have any doubt that he will be fighting for important tournaments very soon. His movements are good. He need to go to the net a little bit more often. His serve is, for most of the time, impossible to return and he has a very good forehand.

So if his mental part works well, I don't have any doubt he will be there.

Q. Would it mean a lot to you to make it through the quarterfinals here this year after the last two years you dropped out of the quarterfinal stage?

RAFAEL NADAL: Hopefully not happen this time. (Smiling.)

No, every year is different. I had a bad experience last two years here. It's tough have to go out of a tournament like Australia in quarterfinals.

In 2010 I retired because I couldn't continue. Last year I decided not to retire, but I had a problem in the second or third game of the match. So I played one complete match with very bad feelings.

Q. You play against so many different kind of players. What goes on in your mind if you're playing against a player of your own country? Is it emotionally different or the same?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, it's not emotionally different, no? Just Feliciano today is one of my best friends on tour. That's the game. That's the sport. You understand that's only a game. You understand that everybody wants to win; everybody wants to finish the match with the best result.

That's it. But emotions are similar, you know. It happens very often. Nothing new.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-22/201201221327218041328.html

MariaV
01-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Rafa vs Berdych is the night match, 7.30 pm local time. VAMOS! :rocker: :bounce: :bigclap:

Ben.
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
If only Rafa could reverse that lobotomy he had after the first set of the IW final last year.

Mae
01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Gee no comments? Rafa was really in trouble lost the 1st Set and had to win it in 4 Sets. He didn't start looking good until the Match got longer. And, of course, the longer the Match went the worse Thomas looked!

MariaV
01-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Rafa beat Berdych 6-7(5) 7-6(6) 6-4 6-3, long match but not too exhausting hopefully. :D

Ben.
01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Two different Rafas out there today. I was so pissed off for the first two sets :lol: After that though his forehand caught fire and he was hitting crisp return winners off both wings!

MariaV
01-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I saw some replay now. Well yes he needs to play against Roger like he did in the 4th set today.

Here the presser, that was quite a long one. :lol:

Rafael Nadal 24.01.12

Q. The level of play tonight was quite exceptional. How did you manage to turn the match around, do you think?

RAFAEL NADAL: At the beginning wasn't exceptional for me.

Q. For him maybe?

RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe, but I think the level of the third and fourth set for me was very, very high, top level for myself playing on these courts. Very happy about how I finished the match. I think I finished playing at very, very high level.

The first set especially I felt that I started the match too nervous, no? I wasn't able to hit the ball long. My movements weren't enough strong, enough fast.

It's true is difficult against a player like him, because you don't have chances on return. He hit the ball very, very hard and very flat. Very difficult to find the rhythm.

But I had to do it a little bit earlier, no? I was a little bit unlucky at the end of the first set. I was lucky with the 5‑4. I saved that three points, four set points. But I was unlucky with the 5‑All, because I believe that ball was out.

The umpire was right. I didn't discuss with the umpire his decision, because I know that if we had the rule book and we read how the rule is, he's right.

But I am not happy. They are there to make something, not just to call 15‑All or 15‑30 all the match. That's the only thing I'm unhappy about.

The rest, I know he's right. I came back to the middle. But, you know, is natural act, because in the 5‑All, seriously I saw the ball out, and I believed that the line called something. For sure wasn't like this, but that is what I believe at that moment and I stopped.

But anyway, very happy with anything. Semifinals is fantastic result for me. Start the season with semifinals in the first big tournament of the season is very good news.

The level is very positive, much, much better than the end of the season. The character on court, the way to win the points, everything was much more positive, so I'm very happy.

Q. With Novak being No. 1 and now when you play Roger it's 2 versus 3, is it still as special as it ever was for you to play Roger?

RAFAEL NADAL: The numbers are important, No. 1 and No. 2, No. 3, No. 4. The ranking is important, but when we talk about a player who won 16 Grand Slams and I won 10 and we played a lot of matches between each other and all ones, in very important moments for our careers and very high moments.

So the match is special. I don't know how many we played, but the most were finals or a few semifinals in a Masters Cup.

But for everything, for what represents the match, all the matches against him are special and will be special even if we are 20 against 25.

Q. Five hours and 40 minutes with Verdasco, four and 16 minutes with Berdych, but two different matches. One celebration tonight; the other more rhythm. Which was hard are for you? Which one was more tiring? Is it more difficult for you to recover now or not?

RAFAEL NADAL: I want to believe that was harder in 2009, but I am three years older.

Q. That's why I'm asking.

RAFAEL NADAL: No 2009 matches; 2009 was much harder. Was harder, I believe. After the match I really couldn't move next day. I hope tomorrow I will be able to practice with normal conditions, but not perfect condition, but I will be able to practice.

2009, the day after, I wasn't able to practice. That's important.

Q. Why were you nervous in the first two sets against a guy you had won nine matches in a row against?

RAFAEL NADAL: Every match is completely different, and every situation is completely different, too, no?

I was nervous because he was playing well. I thought that I didn't put enough balls in when I was returning, so I only had a break point in that second game, so ‑‑ two break points.

For the rest, I felt it was really important match for me, because quarters to semis is a big chance. You start with very good feeling the season. You know, quarterfinals is not a bad result, but at the same time is not a good one, no?

Semifinals is a good one. Is start of season being in the four best of the first important tournament of the season. So is very good way to start the season.

That's why maybe I start the season a little bit nervous, and that's human. That's what it is. But the attitude was positive, because was the right one to overcome the situation.

I did, and finally I think I finished the match playing at one of my best ‑‑ fourth set was one of my best levels on this kind of surface, returning inside the court, making a lot of winners from with the first ball, the return, having serve, and winner.

So that's something that I really miss a little bit, especially second part of the season last year. The first part of the season was positive, but winning with a different way, not that way.

So most important thing too is the character. How I acted on court was completely the right one tonight. For moments at the second half of the season last year wasn't. Was not the perfect one. Today was the perfect one.

Q. I would guess that you probably against Roger are going to have to play how you played in the third and fourth sets rather than the first and second, because maybe he won't give you a chance to come back in the match.

RAFAEL NADAL: I will try my best from the beginning. I tried my best from the beginning tonight.

Sometimes the things didn't work as good as you would like, but that's the sport. I will try from the beginning if happens the same than tonight.

So I will keep fighting with positive attitude, and the normal thing is lose. But if I play like the third or fourth set, hopefully I will have my, you know, my chances.

Always playing in these kind of surfaces he's the favorite. His level is fantastic, and he won today a fantastic match against one of the best players of the world, Del Potro. So he's doing very, very well. Did he lose a set yet?

Q. No.

RAFAEL NADAL: No. So he's doing well and he's playing fantastic and he had a fantastic end of the season last year. So he's coming with confidence. It will be a very, very difficult match for me, and I will try.

But for me, the most important thing I had the calm. The feeling of the level of my game during all the tournament was really satisfying. Even if I lose, I come back home with very positive feeling about how I played, and for sure the result is good.

For me, semifinals after two years with troubles, injuries, is, you know, I must be happy for that.

Q. The last eight times you've played Roger in a Grand Slam final you've won six of those. Does that fill you with confidence going into the next match?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I prefer that, but, no, every match is different, and I know I will be on court playing against probably the best of the history, playing well him.

So obviously my only way and my only chance to win is play aggressive, play very well, and to play to a limit. That's what I gonna try.

Q. Still Rafa, to play best of five seems an advantage for you, to be honest. I mean, you won the last four times you've played against him, best‑of‑five sets, and he's 30 years old. Okay, great class, great talent, we know it. But physically normally you're stronger, or no? [B]

RAFAEL NADAL: If happens the same than in the Masters Cup three months ago the physical performance doesn't affect. (Laughter.) Hopefully will never repeat.

If the match stays strong and the physical performance affects on the result, hopefully that's gonna be a little bit advantage for me or not, because he's very fit.

He never had the physical problems. No injuries, no problems. Very good, you know.

[B]Q. Just on that point about the umpire's decision in the tiebreak, do you think that Hawk‑Eye has stopped umpiring as they used to? They're a little bit concerned about making decisions because they know they have the camera?

RAFAEL NADAL: I like the Hawk‑Eye. I like the idea. But, yes. I agree with you. I think, you know, that with the Hawk‑Eye the umpires have much less pressure than before.

Carlos is a fantastic umpire, one of the best on tour. But for everybody the work when now is match is much easier. They don't feel the pressure than before, because at the end, if you want to stop, you stop.

So that's why sometimes I miss more overrule. Because happen before I had to stop one point. One ball was clear out, and another ball there. You can see like this. I had to ask the Hawk‑Eye, because remain more overrules on the umpires. That's my feeling.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-25/201201241327415262411.html

About the last question on the umpires and the hawkeye. I also like the hawkeye and also agree that the umpire have started to overrule less because they know the player can usually always challenge. The irony is that Kader Nouni in the Nalbandian vs Isner match DID overrule, and see what happened with that wrong overrule there. :o :lol: So in case the umpire is not sure it's really better not to overrule but on the other hand they cannot stop overruling completely.

born_on_clay
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
stats after QF:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2615/ao2012qf.png

MariaV
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks b_o_c, the stats don't look bad. Positive W/UE ratio, and the serve sped up a bit again. But this all won't cut it vs Fedgod I'm afraid. :bigcry: :sad: :sobbing: :tears: VAMOS anyway! :rocker: :bigclap: :bounce:

Ben.
01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Must win match! :scared:

Naudio Spanlatine
01-26-2012, 03:51 AM
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Mae
01-26-2012, 05:34 AM
I can't stand to watch :scared: :facepalm: BTW thanks for the presser :)

born_on_clay
01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Shit....
I'm in work atm and won't be able to watch this one
I hope I'll be able to find a place to download the match from after it ends.
I have a feeling if Rafa will step up to the challange it's gonna be epic :rocker2:

Mae
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Well it started out anything, but epic. Roger had a 4-1 lead in the 1st Set. But Rafa has been able to level the 1st Set at 5-5. I have just been taking very small peeks at my TV and took a look at the scoring to site to see that Rafa had actually tied up the 1st Set. Don't ask me how because I was too afraid to watch any at all after it was 4-1 Roger :scared:

Ben.
01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Had Fed by the throat for about two hours, Rafa neesds to find the gas pedal again. Job done though, if it's Djokovic oh well, if it's Murray then gameface time.

Disaster averted, Federer back in his place.

Mae
01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Rafa :yippee: I was scared :scared: with the way Rafa had been playing lately that maybe he had lost his "magic" against the Fed, but I'm so happy I was wrong :)

MariaV
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Shit....
I'm in work atm and won't be able to watch this one
I hope I'll be able to find a place to download the match from after it ends.
I have a feeling if Rafa will step up to the challange it's gonna be epic :rocker2:

LOL it was epic alright I guess, I would've died watching it live. :o :tape: :lol:
Gonna watch it later too, if I can.

!VamosRafa!
01-26-2012, 03:05 PM
I hope Rafa wins at least 1 set vs Novak in the final :awww:

Savanna
01-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Vamos Rafa! :worship:

Ben.
01-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't bother watching the match guys, it wasn't pretty. Highlights will be torture enough :lol:

born_on_clay
01-26-2012, 05:54 PM
stats after semis:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9858/ao2012sf.jpg

born_on_clay
01-26-2012, 05:59 PM
I just hope this win fills Rafa with some confidence

Naudio Spanlatine
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Im very happy for Rafa, i hope he does well in the finals

MariaV
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Loooooooooong answers at the presser.

Rafael Nadal 26.01.12

Q. Congratulations. How do you think you have succeeded to turn this match around tonight?

RAFAEL NADAL: Thank you very much. Well, I think he started playing aggressive, very, very high level at the beginning of the match.

Always you can do a little bit more, no? But I really felt that when he plays like this, it's almost impossible to rise there to that level, no?

But after the first three games I started to have the chance to hit balls, to play with a little bit with my rhythm, so I started to hit a few good forehands so I felt that the point stays.

So before one shot winner, another shot winner, so almost impossible for me, no?

After that moment I felt that the level start to be closer and closer. I had the break in the 42, and for the rest of the set I think anything can happen.

I felt at the end of the first set that my level was there, close to him. For moments I felt dominant at the end of the first set. That gives me confidence.

You know, finally I lost the set, but even the first game of the second that he had the break he was playing with the wind in his favor, so he played fantastic game, first game of the second.

But that moment was a little bit more calm, because in just the first game of the second set I felt that I had chances on my returned, too. So was very important to have break back in the next game.

But in general, after that I think I started to play aggressive. I started to play my game finally. I had the chance to move him a little bit more. Open the court from his forehand after changing to his backhand.

I didn't play as I played hundreds of times against him. I didn't play all the time against his backhand like I did a lot of times.

Today I think I played more normal match, playing in his backhand, playing in his forehand, too.

I really wanted to do that before the match, because I felt that in the last match against him in London he played very aggressive with his backhand, so he was very inside the court. Was very difficult for me to find, you know, spaces to move him, no?

Even the final of Roland Garros, the same. He played more aggressive with his backhand. On clay is different. You have more time.

But today went on court with the idea change a little bit more the direction against him, and in my opinion it worked well. Because I think he was a little bit tired.

Q. When you're in a match like that and he has started so well, can you draw on your experience to having beaten him now so many times in Grand Slam matches? Can that be an inspiration for you even when he's playing well?

RAFAEL NADAL: Any moment is different, and what happened in the past is past. Last match against him was 63, 6Love in 50 minutes.

Q. That's not a Grand Slam.

RAFAEL NADAL: Not Grand Slam, different conditions. What give me more calm is I play best of five. I play not indoor. I play outdoors. That's always a little bit more advantage for me, because when you play indoor, when you play best of three, he plays aggressive. Is very difficult to come back when he start like this, no?

Playing best of five outdoor, you normally have more time to do things and to try to find solutions and on the problem that he's causing, no?

So in general, I am happy about how I did. I think I played a good match with some mistakes, as usual. But I tried to play aggressive with my forehand, trying to hit winners with my forehand.

I did for moments. For moments I had few mistakes with the backhand. But I am trying with the backhand to not go behind the baseline, to stay in the baseline, to hit the ball earlier than before.

That's something that I am working on and something that we believe that I have to keep improving, to don't lose court, to play more inside. It's working well.

I a, very happy about my result on these two weeks. I did much better than what I thought, what I dreamed for three weeks ago. So very happy for everything. It's a fantastic victory for me. Very, very happy playing against the greatest of the history in semifinals, big match on Rod Laver.

It's one of the victories that's gonna stay in my mind forever, no? It's a fantastic way to start the season. Very happy for everything. He deserves to be there because, in my opinion, he was a little bit unlucky for the last year and a half in a few matches.

He was a little bit unlucky in the quarterfinals of Wimbledon; a little bit in the semifinals on the US Open. So he had the chance to win more Grand Slams the last year and a half, and he lost a few matches that he really had chances to win.

Today he had his chances, too. So the match was close. Anything can happen there. I won.

Q. You celebrated like it was a final. Did it feel like that to you?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. Didn't feel like that. I feel like semifinals match of Grand Slam. That's a very important match for me. Start the season with the final here is a fantastic start, and that's give me a lot of confidence. That's give me a lot of calm. At the same time, that's give me confidence about how I working.

You know, I working in few things that are working well. With nothing of practice, just thinking a little bit about what we have to do to be better player. I really didn't had the chance to practice a lot. I practiced one week and a half in Mallorca.

Seriously, Doha was a very important tournament for me. Qatar I think I played very, very well there, because I arrived without preparation. Play four matches there was decisive to my preparation for Melbourne, no?

So was a very important tournament. And for the rest, just these kind of matches actually better like this, because I played not bad the second half of the season in 2011. Not bad, but not very well.

So I really need to win points to stay in the top positions of the ranking. Because the final of the US Open give me calm, yes. But for the rest I had a few struggling results in Masters 1000.

That's a lot of points for me. It's a fantastic way to start the season.

Q. I guess the question is whether or not you feel like you're playing aggressive enough with the forehand and more inside the court with the backhand and feeling calm enough if you have to play Novak this time to get over on him again.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I happy about how I am doing. Any time to do this during all the match, as I am doing for moments for moments I am playing a little bit like before  but when I am able to play inside, to play aggressive, I think the things are working fantastic.

I don't know if it's gonna be enough against Novak or against Andy. But what can I say? I'm very happy about my tournament. I gonna try my best to try to play a fantastic final, and hopefully I will have my chances.

But if the opponents play better than me and he beat me, I gonna go home very happy about my tournament. I gonna go home knowing that the way that I am working is working very well, and keep working on this way. Probably this way give me a good success in the next months.

Q. You said when you were interviewed on the court that if you were told before the tournament that you had made the final you would not believe it. Is that because of the injuries you have had or what?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I explained before the tournament. I explained that after my match on the first round of Monday, not what happened the Sunday before on my knee, something very strange.

But that's why, because Sunday afternoon, 24 hours to play my first match, I was in my room crying because I believe I didn't had the chance to play Melbourne.

So it was a very, very tough situation for me, these hours. Two weeks later I am here in the finals, so is a dream for me because having very bad expectations 24 hours before the first match, and now two weeks later I am playing well. I am in the final.

Always play Grand Slam final is very good news. I played last four Grand Slams I have been in the finals, so is a great effort, I think. :o :o :o :o :o :tape:

Q. How is that knee feeling?

RAFAEL NADAL: I am feeling great. No problems.

Q. Do you think having the extra days to recover on the final will be a big advantage for you? Having the extra day advantage for the final? Your opponent plays tomorrow night.

RAFAEL NADAL: I am fine physically. I believe that they are strong. They are feeling very well, very fit, so not gonna be decisive, no?

When happens like the US Open that you play the day before, yes, because if you have five hours match, four hours 30 match, next day you can be destroyed physically, no?

But one day in the middle, if it's not something very, very crazy, you will not have problems. I had that four hours 30 match two nights ago. I was in perfect condition today.

So you can have a tougher match, yes, but four hours and a half is a lot. The recovery is very good, and they don't have problems on that, no?

If you play a match like I played in 2009 against Verdasco semifinals, maybe yes, you can have a little bit troubles for the final. But that's something not usual.

Q. Roger says he has the impression that you play your best tennis against him. Do you have that impression, as well?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think sometimes. London I didn't play my best tennis. I play my best tennis against him when I am ready to play my best tennis. I don't play my best tennis because it's Roger in front. I play my best tennis because I am ready to play my best tennis.

That's what I can say. Normally when I play against Roger it's because I am playing my best tennis because I always was in a finals or was in a very important matches, and having a good confidence because I have won a lot of matches before.

It's true I played a lot of good matches against him during my career, so is something fantastic. But I believe that he played a few fantastic matches against me too during his career, during our rivalry, no?

So I enjoy playing against him. It's always a special feeling because our matches always have been special, and especially today after a lot of ones, a lot of important moments for our careers.

So our relationship always have always been in a very positive way. So for all of this facts our matches are special, no?

I think hopefully we will repeat soon.

Q. Would you rather play Andy in the final than Novak?

RAFAEL NADAL: I prefer the player who gonna play worse that day. (Laughter.)

That's what I can say, no?

Q. What are your thoughts on the other semis, and how closely will you watch that match having in mind Andy changed his coach and Djokovic had so much success against you last year?

RAFAEL NADAL: Both players are top players, very, very high level.

The level of tennis of both players is fantastic, so gonna be a fantastic tennis match tomorrow. I gonna watch the match, because it's gonna be a fantastic show, my opinion.

Both are playing very well. Novak has the advantage that he won the last two Grand Slams. He's No. 1 of the world. He's coming with big confidence.

But Andy is doing really well. Only lost one set at the first match of the tournament. After that, he won all the matches you cannot say easy, because nothing is easy but with very comfortable result.

So when you win with a comfortable result, it is because you are playing well. That's true. So both players gonna have chances. The player who will play better tomorrow gonna be the winner.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-27/201201261327587563281.html

Naudio Spanlatine
01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Great conference, im so happy hes feeling fine, i hope he wins tomorrow against either player:D

Foxy
01-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Bamos, Rafa! Really well played. We watched it with a friend of mine at my place who was rooting for Rog. We had really great, great fun. I was switching rooms - my room working at home and the other room with my friend watching the match and back and forth. ;) I am so happy Rafa is again at the final! Whatever anyone tells you, anything can happen in the final. Keep believing! ;)

Ben.
01-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Seems like he really didn't think he had a chance here, I hope he can keep the confidence this run has given him even if he loses the final. Has to keep putting himself in these positions.

!VamosRafa!
01-27-2012, 09:30 AM
I didn't expect him to make the finals :eek:
Great effort, 4 Slam finals in a row :D

But unfortunately we all know he's losing to Djokovic on Sunday :(

Mae
01-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I hope that Rafa knowing that Hewitt took Nole to 4 Sets before Nole won and now Andy took him to 5 Sets before Nole won that Rafa might get the idea that the 2012 version of Nole is not unbeatable! But that may be too much to ask for :unsure: BTW thanks for the presser :)

!VamosRafa!
01-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Murray choked so hard :rolls: NID :worship: He will never win a Slam :wavey:
Novak is just invincible, he is going to be the greatest player of all time, just sit back and watch :help:

Rafa, I hope you have rehearsed your Runner up speech :lol:

Ben.
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Unlucky Rafa. Chokes save Djokovic in NY and now here. Just don't buy into his antics, he is not going to be fatigued.

Foxy
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Unlucky Rafa. Chokes save Djokovic in NY and now here. Just don't buy into his antics, he is not going to be fatigued.

Don't count on it too much. Djoko still doesn't know what Rafa has prepared for him. If this match looked tiring for Djoko, then watch Rafa going for the jugular in every single game!

born_on_clay
01-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm so unsure about the final against Nole :unsure:
Rafa has to play agressive, well inside the court
There is no way he can beat Djokovic playing long rallies.
Anyway, final is a great start to the season :hatoff:
And, by the way it's better loosing to Nole than letting Mugray win his maiden slam.

Foxy
01-27-2012, 06:58 PM
And, by the way it's better loosing to Nole than letting Mugray win his maiden slam.

Actually, no! Rafa needs to make the match physical! Meaning long rallies as many as possible. Military tennis all the way until Djoko falls on court breathless. You saw what happened when Murray tried to be very aggressive - 86 UE. To summarize Rafa needs to play deep left right left right but not too aggressive, working the point off and using Djoko's exhaustion to his advantage. Rafa lost too many matches to Djoko due to his own UEs.

Vamos!

MariaV
01-27-2012, 07:41 PM

Not great losing the umpteenth final in a row to Nole. :tape: :o
I'm not gonna watch the final, that'd be too much for me. :o :o :o

Naudio Spanlatine
01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh dear Rafa:tape:

Getta
01-27-2012, 08:06 PM
vamos rafa :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

shawshank
01-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Actually, no! Rafa needs to make the match physical! Meaning long rallies as many as possible. Military tennis all the way until Djoko falls on court breathless. You saw what happened when Murray tried to be very aggressive - 86 UE. To summarize Rafa needs to play deep left right left right but not too aggressive, working the point off and using Djoko's exhaustion to his advantage. Rafa lost too many matches to Djoko due to his own UEs.

Vamos!

Foxy, Djoko even when he is showing that he is dying on the court, he still has a lot in his tank. So I don't think it's possible to make Nole fall on the court breathless.
What I'm afraid most of are Djokovic's returns. He played so many of them into Rafa's feets in the US final... He is setting up the rally thanks to that and breaking Rafa almost in his every service game.
What can be crucial is the first set... In both slam finals from last year Rafa lost easilly the first set and had problems to comeback. If he can win first set, he will believe even more in himself...
And about the final being great result. It is indeed great result, but losing to Nole again would be heartbreaking for Rafa. I think he would even prefer to lose to Murray in the final. How many times can he stand losing to one guy? How many GS titles can he accept losing just because of one guy? Even, I would prefer him to lose in the semis rather than to see him losing to Djokovic again... It would be a knife into his heart.
The fact that Djokovic played 5 hours can have an impact on the final, but not in the first two sets. This is why it's so important to win them. In four or five sets Rafa will have an edge, because Novak will start to feel really tired.
Guys, this will be a huge match, very important match (also regarding rest of the season). I believe if Rafa beats Nole now, he will at least win RG as well.
All forces with Rafa! Go for your 11th. Beat this Serbian prick.

Naudio Spanlatine
01-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Its the diet i tell you Nole is unstoppable:tape: :sobbing:

Ben.
01-28-2012, 01:58 AM
I disagree that it would be better to have lost to Fed in the semis or Murray in the final. Much better to keep those guys where you want them and just have a problem with one guy.

Djokovic's on court antics have done their job. He has created some doubt about whether he will be able to last in a long match. There is no evidence to suggest he will be fatigued though. It will be dangerous for Rafa to turn this into a grind, like the USO, where he was the first to tire, despite Djokovic being the one staggering around and calling the trainer (at a very calculated moment). Just simply don't buy his shit Rafa. It was when he became aggressive in the third set in NY that he began to have success.

To be honest, I can't see any way for Rafa to win. Djokovic can out hit him and out grind him now. I just ask that Rafa doesn't do half the job for Djokovic, capitualting in 90% of the tight moments and making very uncharacterisitc errors. Hopefully he doesn't feel under too much pressure here, he seems genuinely suprised to be in the final. Play with the same kind of risk he was in the USO third set and he could make good go of it.

klyne
01-28-2012, 02:21 AM
man i watched the replay game of andy and novak last night and it was such a tiresome game for both of them..thought murray's gonna win, but oh well..
what a painful lost for murray..i would love to see rafa vs murray in the finals but novak again..last year was last year..this is another year, i just hope rafa will stay focus and have a very nice game tomorrow..i dont really want to see him lose again to novak..gosh though im efing nervous i cant wait to watch the match tomorrow..

Mae
01-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Not great losing the umpteenth final in a row to Nole. :tape: :o
I'm not gonna watch the final, that'd be too much for me. :o :o :o

I'm with you on that :bolt:

Naudio Spanlatine
01-28-2012, 03:40 AM
I feel like this is gonna be the most torturing match to watch, im too scared to watch:sobbing:

born_on_clay
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I disagree that it would be better to have lost to Fed in the semis or Murray in the final. Much better to keep those guys where you want them and just have a problem with one guy.

Djokovic's on court antics have done their job. He has created some doubt about whether he will be able to last in a long match. There is no evidence to suggest he will be fatigued though. It will be dangerous for Rafa to turn this into a grind, like the USO, where he was the first to tire, despite Djokovic being the one staggering around and calling the trainer (at a very calculated moment). Just simply don't buy his shit Rafa. It was when he became aggressive in the third set in NY that he began to have success.

To be honest, I can't see any way for Rafa to win. Djokovic can out hit him and out grind him now. I just ask that Rafa doesn't do half the job for Djokovic, capitualting in 90% of the tight moments and making very uncharacterisitc errors. Hopefully he doesn't feel under too much pressure here, he seems genuinely suprised to be in the final. Play with the same kind of risk he was in the USO third set and he could make good go of it.

That's exactly what I meant :wavey:

Foxy
01-28-2012, 09:21 AM

Yes, it was true but just remember there was rain in NY and Rafa played 3 consecutive days and had 1 day of rest before the final unlike Djoko who actually played first SF and the match was shorter than Nadal - Murray. So the analogy is not entirely correct. I still believe Rafa could be much fitter than Djoko tomorrow.

Mae
01-28-2012, 05:12 PM
A happy picture of Rafa in my Avatar because I'm afraid he won't be happy much longer :scared:

MariaV
01-28-2012, 06:35 PM
I feel like this is gonna be the most torturing match to watch, im too scared to watch:sobbing:

Exactly, me too. I wish I was strong enough to stay away from the horror to come. :bigcry: :crying2: :sobbing: Poor Rafa! :sad: :sad:

MariaV
01-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Rafa's presser before the final.
Rafael Nadal 28.01.12

Q. How are you feeling after your session on court just now?

RAFAEL NADAL: Fine. I practiced for two hours. So having day off yesterday, today I felt with energy to practice a little bit more. I felt that I needed to move well the body, to stay with rhythm.

I did, and I am happy, no? Enjoying these two days off.

Q. Did you stay up late last night watching the match the other match?

RAFAEL NADAL: I watched the second set, beginning of the third I went for dinner, and I came back after the 4‑1 in the fourth and I watched the rest of the match.

Q. What did you think of it?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think the second set was fantastic. Was really impressive level from both of them. First set I didn't see, but the fourth seems like Andy was very tired. He wasn't ready to play the fourth, and Nole was much more fresh.

The fifth seems like Andy was very tired, too, because Novak have the control of the situation. But in the 5‑3, Andy break with Love‑40, so after he had fantastic chance. With a 5‑4, 15‑40, he little bit of mistake with the forehand in the return on the deuce on the 15‑40; 30‑40 was an amazing point. Djokovic finished with unbelievable forehand down the line.

Another point for Andy, big mistake to the net for him with his backhand. He didn't miss not one backhand during all the match, and he missed in that moment. It was a tough moment for him.

After when that happens, playing for four hours forty‑five, it's normal you will be in trouble in the next game; Novak plays well and match was done.

It was an emotional match, and I enjoyed watching on TV.

Q. Novak's coach said yesterday that it's unfair that he has only one day rest and you have two days. What do you think?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, that's what it is. 2009 I played longer than him in the semifinals. I played more than five hours at very high intensity, too. I had only one day and Federer had two, no?

I was recovered for the final, so I think you can say it's unfair, yes, but not crazy unfair.

Really unfair is the US Open when you don't have day off between semifinals and final. That's really unfair. If the match of yesterday happened in the US Open and the other semifinal is in straight sets, you are in big trouble for the finals.

Having one day off, I believe you are not in big trouble.

Q. What does it mean for you to face another time Novak Djokovic in a Grand Slam final?

RAFAEL NADAL: For me what means is I am in the final of another Grand Slam, fourth in a row. Happy for that. The opponent at the end is the best player of the world today, so that's why I played the last few finals against him.

So will be always a really tough match for me. He is the favorite after being No. 1 in the world and after playing fantastic and beating me the last six times. So just happy to be there.

For me, the tournament is really, really good. Right now I going to try to play my best tennis and fight every ball knowing that is going to be a tough one.

Q. Do you think with the changes you've made to your game in the off‑season, the things you're doing differently, can you surprise him tomorrow with some new things?

RAFAEL NADAL: I am trying to play a little bit more aggressive and hit more winners. You know, the improves that I want to do is not complete.

No, no, I didn't practice a lot with that, so I need time to play with this aggressive plan during all the match.

Probably I need few more months and tournaments. But I am happy how I am doing, no? I don't know if going to be enough for him. I going to try to play well like I did all the tournament.

I need to play a little bit better, in my opinion, to have chances, but I am happy about how I am doing. I think I'm in the right way to compete against the top players of the world. I did here winning against the No 6, against the No. 3.

So it's is fantastic way to start season. Now is another big, big test. I don't know if I am enough ready to win the match of tomorrow, but I believe that I can do it and I going to fight for it.

Q. You remember what it was like of course last year coming in here going for the slam. It was at that stage. It's slightly different now, isn't it? You can understand what the expectation is like on Djokovic tomorrow because you've been there. Is that a tough thing to do?

RAFAEL NADAL: He is not playing for the Grand Slam.

Q. No, no, but he's the No. 1 player in the world and playing for three in a row. It's a tough situation to be in.

RAFAEL NADAL: No is a fantastic situation to be. (Smiling) It's really not a tough one.

No, I played for the three in a row US Open 2010. When you are coming with that confidence everything is a little bit easier, no?

I was a little bit unlucky here last year when I played for the Grand Slam. I didn't feel the extra pressure for that. That's true. I felt that I was ready to compete. I had an injury in the quarterfinals so I was out.

That's it. Go home. Keep practicing. I think for him is an advantage, not a pressure, to be in that situation.

Q. Novak's coach said yesterday that it's very difficult to make winners because the balls are very heavy. Do you feel that way?

RAFAEL NADAL: For him is being very difficult. Seems like he cannot do one winner. (Smiling.)

No, he's playing very well, no? He's doing fantastic tournament.

Q. Do you feel with the ball it's difficult to make winners?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I feel it's difficult to make winners when the weather conditions are cold. When the weather conditions are warm or hot, I think the ball is the right one.

When it's cold, for example, the week before the tournament it was very cold here. The ball was very big, very heavy. I don't believe today it's happen.

Q. Novak has been having some trouble with breathing in the last two matches. Do you think it'll be a factor tomorrow and something you can take advantage of?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's funny, no? I saw the match yesterday on the TV she show on the Channel 7 when he was in the fifth set moving fantastically well, and they show images from two hours fifty before and seems like he was destroyed. Two hours fifty later he was in perfect condition.

So is difficult to imagine that he has these problems. I don't know.

Q. Andy said last night that he thought he had closed the gap on the top three. Do you feel there has been a little to choose between yourself, Roger, Novak, and Andy now?

RAFAEL NADAL: He never was very far. That's the true. He's playing well. He always played fantastic. He's unlucky not to win a Grand Slam yet.

Yesterday he lost another very good opportunity, in my opinion. Because winning two sets to one, winning the third set, probably losing a lot chances, and then winning with 7‑6 ‑‑ to win a tournament like this and to play against player like Djokovic, you cannot start the fourth set like this.

It's the moment to play with more intensity than ever, not start with 3‑Love down and two breaks in five minutes. That way you lose the match. You want to win the tournament, you cannot start ‑‑ you can lose ‑‑ the other can beat you, but you cannot lose in the beginning.

But he's playing well. He's playing fantastic. He deserve to win a Grand Slam. He was unlucky at the end, but the only negative thing for me in his match is the beginning of the fourth.

When the other have more doubts, is in really trouble, you make for the opponent easier than what should be, no? That's my feeling.

For the rest, he can be No. 1 at the end of the season. I don't have any doubt on that. The level is there. When you are able to play how many, five Grand Slams in a row playing semifinals or final, it's only a mental thing.

The rest of the things are there. He started the season another time playing very well winning a tournament, playing semifinals here, and few points away to win against No. 1 player of the world.

He's ready for everything.

Q. Can you remember a situation that you were in like that when the expectation was to go on and win a Grand Slam and you got very close and how you coped with that situation manage your mind? Because as you say, so much of that sport is what happens in the head.

RAFAEL NADAL: I was lucky in that situation, because I really didn't had that pressure or that feeling to win a Grand Slam.

And the first time that I went to play a Grand Slam with the feeling that I can win Grand Slam, I won. That's the true.

Because we talk about the Roland Garros 2005, that's the really first one. Few months ago I really started to play well, I really started to win, and was in the first Grand Slam that I arrived with real chances to win.

Before, wasn't the chance. I played in Australia and make Round of 16 against Hewitt with chance to be in quarterfinals, but knowing that I don't going to win never, no? But in that moment yes, and I won. So that's a little bit of lucky that I was there.

I did. And after winning one, it's easier win two. After win two, it's easy to win three.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-28/201201281327725301760.html

ImmzB
01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Vamos Rafa!!

Hopefully he wears his Night session kit tomorrow!

Mae
01-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Vamos Rafa :) But I'm scared :scared: :bolt:

!VamosRafa!
01-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Rafa is losing the longest final in GS history :sad:

!VamosRafa!
01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Yup, 5-5, 15-30 this is over :rolleyes:

Mae
01-29-2012, 02:47 PM

In some ways this was way worse than the defeats to Nole last year. He just couldn't seem to keep the ball in the court at all :sad:

Ben.
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
4-2, 30-15, could have made the shot with a frying pan. He will be lucky if he ever sleeps a night in his life again after that.

Djokovic's antics earn him another GS though, nothing wrong with him for the last 15 mins, Rafa backed off big time, whether he was tired or was affected by the antics. Djokovic didn't miss a ball the last few games and Rafa was completely passive.

Have to question what he was doing in the second and third sets. He decided to go for it 2-1 down, why not 1-0 up!

born_on_clay
01-29-2012, 03:11 PM
stats:
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/1245/ao2012f.jpg

Naudio Spanlatine
01-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok to all of the nadal fans who are still here, yes its a tough day for us all but remember Rafa has achieved so much in his young career. I have to give a huge congrats to Nole he really deserve his ranking and this slam today, i really love these two players than any other player in tennis history. These two are always champions in my heart forever no matter how hard the loss is or how gracious the victory is, im still true fans of both players. So we rafa fans should never give up on our rafa, rafa will win a slam again, i know he will, and plus he taking the month of February off which he truly deserves. So i wanna hug all of you amazing fans of rafa:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

born_on_clay
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM

It's not the Rafa we all used to know
We have to realize it's a different player now
I'm just happy with every Rafa's smile and single match
Anything he wins from now on is a present for this great career in my opinion
Just live another day and hope he will play and win some 250 MM tournies on clay
Thank you Rafa for your great career
I will always love you
:wavey:

Mae
01-29-2012, 04:47 PM
That was so sweet, but it basically admits what at least many of us are thinking that Rafa has indeed started downward in his career. He really lost much more than a Match to Nole again today. He was the King of 5 Sets Matches at the Slams no one could defeat him in 5 Sets and now Nole not only can defeat him he defeated him in 5 Sets. Not to even mention that what I saw of the Match Rafa played very poorly and it wasn't just the serve this time. Sure some of that could have been Nole, but I don't think I have ever seen Rafa have so much trouble getting his shots to stay in the court :sad:

MariaV
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Actually there are positive signs that a useless Rafa still could take Nole to 5 looooong sets. :lol: But that's just a tiny silver lining. I wouldn't want a 5-setter in the RG final. :o :lol:

Ben.
01-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Nah Mae, today was far far better than Wimbledon. There he only got a set because Djokovic went AWOL. USO was an improvement and this was much much better again. Rafa had one hand on the trophy until he missed the very very easy BH putaway and he stayed with Djokovic physically, unlike in NY. He needs to really look hard at himself and ask why he went missing for two sets.

He could have won the first set far easier, done much less running for two sets and should have been up 5-2 in the 5th. Djokovic is so confident, he isn't going to give away anything, closest he came was when he missed 4 straight first serves at... 3-4 I think it was, and won the game to 15. This is the type of thing Rafa needs to look at, where was the type of returning he used against Berdych? He had so much success anytime he used the FHDTL yet I don't think he used it enough, too often Djokovic was allowed to stay in his BH corner.

There were good signs but today his head let him down.

Xristos
01-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Congrats to Rafa for fighting the whole match.

You are and always will be a champion.

!VamosRafa!
01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Nadal's press conference after the AusOpen 2012 Final

Q. How are you feeling physically?

RAFAEL NADAL: Fine. No, I’m tired, sure. Physically was the toughest match I ever played, if not the tougher. I am tired.

Q. Has this sunk in, the results, the magnitude of the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: Can you repeat?

Q. Has the results sunk in yet? How do you feel mentally as well as physically?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes. No, no, no, nothing to do on that, no? Just accept. I think we played a great tennis match. It was I think a very good show, my opinion. I enjoyed being part of this event and this match. That’s the true, no? I wanted to win, but I am happy about how I did. I had my chances against the best player of the world today. I played one against one. For a long time I didn’t felt that I was playing in less advantage than him, you know. I didn’t play at lower level than him for a long time, so that’s a very positive thing for me. I am very happy about my mentality tonight, the mentality worked like in my best moments. So very happy about the beginning of the 2012 season. That’s all that I can say. Yeah, I had big chance for the 5-2, yes. I had that easy passing shot with the backhand. I miss it, yes, but I was 4-3 Love-40 in the fourth, too. Anything can happen when the match is there. Important thing for me, during all 2011 I didn’t play much like this. I’m happy I am in the real right way.

Q. If the day before the championship someone would say you would play a five-hour-53-minute match in the final, would you have been completely surprised that you could even compete?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, seriously, 20 hours before the tournament start for me I was more worried and try to play the first round, try to play the tournament, because I had a really strange thing, as you know, the Sunday afternoon. So that’s past. I was lucky. Recovery was fantastic. I had very good people around me here working for me, doctor, physio, so that helps a lot, no? If you are alone here, you don’t have this team around, is impossible to recover that. But I am lucky that I have all of this team around me. Without them, probably I gonna be at home two weeks earlier, no? So very happy for everything. Very happy with my level during both weeks. Is the moment when I realize the whole tournament did I well. I did a lot of very positive things, much more than in 2011 for the most of the time. I played more aggressive. I played with more winners than ever. My serve worked well. The mentality and the passion was there another time better than probably never another time. So that’s very positive aspects on whole game that I am very happy, no? So I just lost the final of a Grand Slam. I am not happy to lose the final, yes, but that’s one of the loses that I am more happy in my career.

Q. Did you feel at any time in the fifth set the match was in your control? Given that he had to play so long against Murray a couple nights ago, were you surprised that he could stay with you that long?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I didn’t have any doubt that he would be ready for that, no? But the match under control when you’re in the fifth set, when you won the fourth like this, you don’t feel the match under control in that moment. You are worried in every point, no? Well, with the 4-2 was advantage because I felt very well physically in the moment. I felt with very positive energy, and I played a fantastic first point of the 4-2 with the forehand winner down the line after he had that return. Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That’s my opinion, no? I never played against a player who’s able to return like this. Almost every time. It’s true I had big mistake with 30-15. But it’s not moment to think about that. That’s another just moment in an almost sixhours match. Forget about that knowing that I really had real, very real chances to have the title and to win against a player who I lost six times last year. But I didn’t. I never put him in this situation during 2011, all 2011, so that’s another positive thing for me. I didn’t have mental problems today against him. I had in 2011 all these mental problems. Today I didn’t have. I compete with normal conditions against him, no? So that’s another positive thing. Probably never say that many positive things after I lose. (Laughter.)

Q. You always said that Roger is the greatest that ever played the game. How great now is Novak?

RAFAEL NADAL: Now he’s the best of the world. That’s how great it is. Five Grand Slams, so the history says that he has a part in the history today winning five Grand Slams, winning a lot of titles, No. 1 of the world. We’ll see where he arrives.

Q. You have been a part of two of the real epic battles in tennis history, this and the 2008 Wimbledon final. Is that something that you’re proud of or a reason why you think you…

RAFAEL NADAL: A pleasure. That’s means that I did a lot of things well to compete against best players of the world and winning on them, losing on them, but always having tough matches. And final 2008 Wimbledon and this one was very special. For me it was a little bit more special the 2008 (smiling). But I really understand that was a really special match, and probably a match that gonna be in my mind not because I lost, no, because the way that we played. So that’s happy be part of these two great matches, my opinion.

Q. Where does that rate? How tough was that? Was that the toughest match? Toughest game you have been involved in? Where does it rank?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think it’s the longest one that I played ever.

Q. Are you going to watch it again on videotape?

RAFAEL NADAL: Too long. (Laughter.) Highlights only.

Q. When you’re in that match, did you ever look at the clock? Did you ever look at the clock during the match, at the time?

RAFAEL NADAL: The time? No, you watch, you look around and you see the watch, five hours, four hours, three hours, finally five hours, 30. Seems like never gonna finish, no? But that’s nice be there fighting, you know, trying to go to the limit, bring your body to the limit of his chances. Something I really enjoy, and I always said is good suffer, enjoy  enjoy suffering, no? So when you are fit, when you are, you know, with passion for the game, when you are ready to compete, you are able to suffer and enjoy suffering, no? I don’t know if I express very well, but is something that maybe you understand. So today I had this feeling, and is a really good one. I enjoyed. I suffered during the match, but I enjoyed all the troubles that I had during all the match. I enjoyed. I tried to be there, to find solutions all the time. I played a lot with my heart. I played a lot with my mind, and is something that is nice to be around and not just play tennis.

[/URL]

:)

dav abu
01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Just read through the transcript from Rafa's post match interview. He really seems to be taking it well and seeing it as a good sign for 2012. Personally my respect for him grew even more today. His behaviour post match, the speech he made - the mc was right to say that 'Nadal leaves here a winner'. Take heart Rafa fans, he will be right in the mix for 2012.

MariaV
01-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for posting the transcript already VamosRafa.
Rafa is such a masochist. :lol: :angel: He has said it before so I knew but still.... :o
I admit I am a masochist too to sit half the Sunday through such a match. :o :angel: :tape:

Ben.
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Good attitude from Rafa. I hope he really doesn't dwell on that BH, could be torture. Compare this to when he lost Wimbledon and the future seems a lot brighter. Plus he has gained ranking points here. Just needs to schedule well and keep working on the return(!!!!) and being more aggressive. His BH is already miles ahead of where it was for all of 2011.

Does anyone else read these transcripts in a spanish accent? :unsure::o

MariaV
01-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah I am glad he sounds positive and his game has developed in a positive direction compared to 2011 indeed so he is right about that. We can only hope there won't be any injuries and the progress continues.
He has to be smart with his clay court season. Then maybe he'll have chances at the Roland Garros.

Foxy
01-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeap, this is by far a the best he played against Djoko since 2010. We can draw many positive from it. I am glad I missed this 4:2 30:15 (i was in the other room at that moment) otherwise I could have broken the TV. The serve I think was very decent, Djoko made lots of good and lots of lucky returns. Rafa's ROS wasn't that bad but probably it was because Djoko's serve probably wasn't that great today. The big disappointment was probably the BH. But I am sure he will work on it in the off-February. He narrowed the gap with Djoko one way or another, let's see if he can build on that. I remain very, very positive after this final. It could have been far, far worse. Like straight set demolition job. :)

Keep supporting Rafa, guys! He needs you at least 5 more years! ;)

shawshank
01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
It's so tough to think positive aftr this match... I was demolished :( It was so sad. It was so close. This point at 4/2 and 30/15 is a thing that will always stay in Rafa's mind. He started 5th set winning his service games so easilly...
But Rafa is the greatest guy in the history of sport! I will always support him!
I just couldn't stand today so many UE's from him and again those returns of Djokovic.
BYt MAYBE at RG Rafa will be lucky to finally beat Djokovic. He just needs to play his best game at clay. VAMOS RAFA!

Naudio Spanlatine
01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
I still support Rafa ALWAYS:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

evilmindbulgaria
01-30-2012, 01:25 AM
I still support Rafa ALWAYS:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

I have been a fan of Rafa since 2005 and I have never given up on him. When he lost all the finals to Djokovic before Roland Garros last year I still believed that he would be back and win the French!

I BELIEVE!

Mimi
01-30-2012, 02:30 AM
i will always support him, but it seems that the lucks and magics around him had gone :tears:

Foxy
01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
At least I'm happy Rafa broke down physically Djoko once again. He looked by far fresher in every minute of the final although Rafa has played a total of 85 min more in the tournament from Djoko and played until SF in Doha while Djoko was resting and preparing in AO. That is a very positive thing which should be considered. Let's see if Djoko can stay and endure another 6 hours in RG. Just bring it on!

MariaV
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
LOL Foxy I for sure would not endure another 6-hour final at RG. :o Bad bad me I know. :o :smash:

Yeap, this is by far a the best he played against Djoko since 2010. We can draw many positive from it. I am glad I missed this 4:2 30:15 (i was in the other room at that moment) otherwise I could have broken the TV. The serve I think was very decent, Djoko made lots of good and lots of lucky returns. Rafa's ROS wasn't that bad but probably it was because Djoko's serve probably wasn't that great today. The big disappointment was probably the BH. But I am sure he will work on it in the off-February. He narrowed the gap with Djoko one way or another, let's see if he can build on that. I remain very, very positive after this final. It could have been far, far worse. Like straight set demolition job. :)

Keep supporting Rafa, guys! He needs you at least 5 more years! ;)

It' so easy right now for Djoko to keep pounding Rafa's bh indeed like Rafa does it to Fed. :o :o And Djoko's return is phenomenal atm.
Of course I'll keep supporting Rafa! :hug:

It's so tough to think positive aftr this match... I was demolished :( It was so sad. It was so close. This point at 4/2 and 30/15 is a thing that will always stay in Rafa's mind. He started 5th set winning his service games so easilly...
But Rafa is the greatest guy in the history of sport! I will always support him!
I just couldn't stand today so many UE's from him and again those returns of Djokovic.
BYt MAYBE at RG Rafa will be lucky to finally beat Djokovic. He just needs to play his best game at clay. VAMOS RAFA!

I know it's tough but at the same time it was closer than it ever was all last year, he's getting closer. Rafa was just a bit unlucky this time, and Nole still too good but in tennis things can change really fast as you know.
So of course if Rafa stays positive and keep on working hard he'll have good chances at RG.

Naudio Spanlatine
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I have been a fan of Rafa since 2005 and I have never given up on him. When he lost all the finals to Djokovic before Roland Garros last year I still believed that he would be back and win the French!

I BELIEVE!

Ive been a rafa fan since late 03 going into 04, its been great:inlove:

Morrissey
01-31-2012, 12:31 AM

Yeah, that point was a back breaker. I never fell for Joker's antics. He's one hell of a bad actor. Outside of a major, he will quit when he's being challenged or he's on the verge of defeat. He bailed on Murray, Del Potro, etc. I remember the first time he played Nadal in RG 2006 and he started rolling on the ground like a Barca player I knew this kid was arrogant and full of shit. His presser afterwards confirmed it. I was in control, bla blah. I can take Federer, he's not as irritating as Joker. But I suppose the only positive is that he looks unlikely to add to the 16. Nadal has chances to add more. But before the Joker dominance, I predicted Nadal with 13-14 majors. 2 French and 1 or 2 from the other majors. Maybe 1 Wimbledon or 1 Wimbledon and 1 hardcourt major. I more than anything want to see Nadal tie Sampras. But he needs to keep improving for that to happen.

Naudio Spanlatine
01-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Some of these djoktards and some andytards to are saying that rafa shouldn't take anything positive from this match, what a bunch of pathetic ridiculous fools:rolleyes: