The ATP have ruined their livescoring [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The ATP have ruined their livescoring

KaiserT
01-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Having sold off the rights to their live score feed to a company that provides livescore feeds for bookmakers, the protennis scoreboard is now often minutes behind real time, dire.

I have a vested interest in this, but does anyone else care?

Nathaliia
01-04-2012, 01:48 AM
I use bookmakers sites with streams anyway, but it sounds like a sad state of affair what you say... I believe it's meant to lure people into gambling or to forc certain bet patterns with delayed scores.

Either way, far from impressed and I'm sure big cash is made on this.

tjohansson
01-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Well thank christ during grand slams the official websites stream their own live scores.

KaiserT
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Well thank christ during grand slams the official websites stream their own live scores.

Yes, with whatever hideous alteration to slamtracker they've made :lol:

motorhead
01-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Having sold off the rights to their live score feed to a company that provides livescore feeds for bookmakers, the protennis scoreboard is now often minutes behind real time, dire.

bet365 scoreboard has always been faster then protennis scoreboard but I've certainly noticed a slowing down lately and sometimes it freezes as well.

motorhead
01-04-2012, 02:09 AM
I use bookmakers sites with streams anyway

streams are not always available...

moon language
01-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Are you referring to the live scores on the ATP site?

yesh222
01-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Is it the protennis site's issue. I know today there was a problem, but the Brisbane tournament twitter feed said it was their problem, I think.

Ibracadabra
01-04-2012, 05:29 AM
The atp live scoring was always slighty behind bet365s live scoring for example. I don't know about other bookies

viruzzz
01-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Tennislive.net

Ad Wim
01-04-2012, 06:51 AM

how do you know this is permanent and not just a temporal thing?
I always use that sb, especially on my phone, and love it.

KaiserT
01-04-2012, 07:07 AM
how do you know this is permanent and not just a temporal thing?
I always use that sb, especially on my phone, and love it.

It's the same on all 3 tournaments this week, and the announcement of an agreement with this company was made some time ago, although it did not go into specifics it seems the main upshot of it for us is that the protennis scoreboard will be between 30 and 90 seconds slower than it was previously.

motorhead
01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
The atp live scoring was always slighty behind bet365s live scoring for example. I don't know about other bookies
I'd say it was the opposite
Tennislive.netas slow as protennis scoreboard

Dead Net Cord
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=190696&highlight=

Henry Chinaski
01-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Is the same company now providing the data for everyone as i assume was the Atp plan or are betting sites still sending their own people?

If its the same company are you suggesting theyre doing it on purpose to favour betting sites who they may have a longer relationship with or just just that they're incompetent?

Is something untoward going on?

I've been using betting sites almost exclusively this year such has been the difference

motorhead
01-05-2012, 03:20 AM
seems no one knows if betting sites are still sending their people or are buying from this dutch company....
which site do you use for the scores at the moment?

Say Hey Kid
01-05-2012, 03:22 AM
The difference this year is HUGE. Bet365 always has been ahead of the live scoring ,but literally only by 1-2 seconds. This year it's a good 5-10 seconds.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Also, betting sites aren't sending their own people for at least SOME matches.

Yesterday, in a WTA match, Jie Zheng vs Monica Niculescu the scoreboard froze in the live scoring with Zheng leading *3-0. The scoreboard also was frozen at bet365 at 3-0. It remained 3-0 on both scoreboards for around roughly 20 minutes. Then the ATP/WTA Live scoring updated their scoreboard to Zheng 6-0 2-1 and it was working again. Seconds later, bet365 then updated their scoreboard and proceeded to put the betting lines up again.

Obviously for that match, they were getting the score directly from the same source as the livescoring, only faster than everyone else.