Brisbane R1: Stepanek def Edben 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brisbane R1: Stepanek def Edben 6-4, 3-6, 6-3

v-money
01-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Good fight from Edben but Stepanek was just too sexy out there.

Hewitt =Legend
01-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Thunder Lips to good in the end.

Ebden fought hard as always but lacks that killer shot to trouble the top players.

viruzzz
01-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Good for Sexy.
The Annaconda strikes again.

Beating Ebden in Australia is really important.

Slice Winner
01-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Really hope Ebden can start putting together some results... Was fairly close today, but Steps was just too Sexy, especially when he bared his teeth after that missed dropshot.

Nice to see two attacking players for once.

Chirag
01-03-2012, 04:47 AM
he fluked a win today

Mountaindewslave
01-03-2012, 05:14 AM
awesome, it's great to see someone like Stepanek play... variety is dying in tennis and he is one of the shining stars left

Belludal
01-03-2012, 05:17 AM
We need more players like Stepanek in the circuit. :wavey:

Ebden played well too and i think that this guy can be Top 50 in the future maybe. :D

frici
01-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Ebden :(

tjohansson
01-03-2012, 08:13 AM
I've liked Stepanek all my tennis following life but he really went on my map when he helped Nadal up during a match; A real gentlemen!!.

fran70
01-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I watched the match. It was a hard worked victory for Radek who looks not as fit as in the past. He had a lot of troubles to play from the baseline against a CH level player and definitely make the difference when he attacked and at the net (as always). In this conditions Im sad to affirm he will not be able to play for a long time in ATP events.

Slice Winner
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I watched the match. It was a hard worked victory for Radek who looks not as fit as in the past. He had a lot of troubles to play from the baseline against a CH level player and definitely make the difference when he attacked and at the net (as always). In this conditions Im sad to affirm he will not be able to play for a long time in ATP events.

Ebden is not challenger level anymore, he's well inside the top hundred.
Besides, he hits fairly big shots, and the court is fairly fast.
Steps looks the same fitness/sexiness as when he won Washington last year.

fran70
01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Ebden is not challenger level anymore, he's well inside the top hundred.
Besides, he hits fairly big shots, and the court is fairly fast.
Steps looks the same fitness/sexiness as when he won Washington last year.

Inspite of his ranking I don`t see him as a top 100 player. At least not yet but I would be really happy for that.

Im afraid to disagree about Radek fitness but dont get mad. This is a matter of interpretation. I watched something different last night and I would be glad to say that I was wrong as I found him fatter and slower (PD: I like Radek too :)) .

Slice Winner
01-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Inspite of his ranking I don`t see him as a top 100 player. At least not yet but I would be really happy for that.

Im afraid to disagree about Radek fitness but dont get mad. This is a matter of interpretation. I watched something different last night and I would be glad to say that I was wrong as I found him fatter and slower (PD: I like Radek too :)) .

I will watch more closely next match! :)

Chirag
01-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Stepanak looks like the king if brisbane