'Never Gonna Give You Up' Ernests' 2012 cheering thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

'Never Gonna Give You Up' Ernests' 2012 cheering thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

but-it's-ok
12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Here we go!:rocker2:

Ernests begins his season in Doha. He begins against 7th seed Mikhail Youzhny.

Then he's set for a week of practice leading up to Melbourne,and the AO.

He is scheduled to play Zagreb indoors at the end of January.

He wants to play in Olympics this year,so if things go to plan he'll play DC in February.

Good luck Ernests! Lets also wish Team Gulbis(complete with return of Hernan) health,success and happiness for 2012!:rocker2::hug:

misty1
12-31-2011, 08:31 PM
winnable first round, come on ernie!

Mae
12-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I hope 2012 is a great year for Ernests :D

FlameOn
12-31-2011, 10:37 PM
2012 wishlist, Gulbis to win a Grand Slam ;) lol.

Sheila
01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Best wishes to Ernests for his 2012 season :hug:

Really hope he gets those great results that we know he is capable of :D

but-it's-ok
01-02-2012, 06:00 PM
2nd on Court 1 tomorrow,I'll stare at the scoreboard and wish this lovely,especially fan-friendly guy loads of luck:cheerleader: 1st match of his year,no predictions or expectations,just hope he's feeling confident to give this a really good go. Whatever happens it's already too early to judge either way.

Sonja1989
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Davai Ernests!! :cheerleader: All the best for tomorrow!! :hug: :bounce:

clandis
01-03-2012, 02:50 PM
He'll be up soon. Previous match is in a final set tiebreak.

Ginevra83
01-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Ernests' time!!!!! Good luckkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Stelle
01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Davai! Mikhail serving first...is there any streams?

Stelle
01-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Ernests broke to start off and is now leading 2-0! Great start!

rafaelita
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Happy New Year, Ernests and fellow gulbistards!

Yey for the new season, here's to making it a memorable one :banana:

GO Ernie :cheerleader:

Stelle
01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Mikhail broke to even the match at 3 a piece. It is even at the moment with both players winning 50% of the points...

Ginevra83
01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Davai! Mikhail serving first...is there any streams?

no stream for court1, :(

Stelle
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Damn it - Ernests very unlucky not to win that set as he had many chances to break serve. Mikhail takes first set 6-4 :(

Ginevra83
01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Ernests won a TIEBREAK!!!!!!!!!!! happy happy

Sonja1989
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
:woohoo:

misty1
01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
and he breaks early in the 3rd set

misty1
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
and gives it right back:rolleyes:

misty1
01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
2-2

misty1
01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
and gets broken again:mad:

2-3

misty1
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
2-4

takuma
01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
first match of the new season and tantrums already? the only positive thing was breaking the 'tiebreak curse' ;) but what's with the serve? 11 aces and 8 double faults? makes me think of the bipolar affective disorder somehow...

misty1
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
ernie:mad:

but-it's-ok
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Close,Ernests,close:lol: Nvm,cant be bothered to be upset. He'll get it right some day somehow:lol: Still love him,crazy horse:lol:

Sheila
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
What a shame he couldn't win the first match of the season - I'm sure that would have given him a boost.

If I'm being honest, I didn't think he would beat Youhzny.....

Great that he won a tie break though:)

Good luck to him for his next match :hug:

FlameOn
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Started 3rd set with 2-0 and didn't win another game? :bigcry:

Better luck next match :wavey:.

kryptonmania
01-04-2012, 03:15 AM
So he played only 1 match before the Australian Open?!

Ginevra83
01-12-2012, 11:28 PM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN DRAW:
1įround GULBIS vs LLODRA
2į round Bogomolov jr

section with Murray

banhhe
01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Llodra? that's tough :/ good luck anyways :rocker2:

Ginevra83
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
He plays on Thuesday:wavey:

GasquetFan
01-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Ernests is second on Court 11 tomorrow. Good luck!! :bounce:

FlameOn
01-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Good luck Ernests! :yeah: Will be tough :scared:.

Proxima2
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Good luck Ernests! :D

Ilze
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
good luck! hope to read some good news early in the morning :)

takuma
01-17-2012, 12:32 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed, for what it's worth ;)

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 02:53 AM
Takes the first set 6-2! :bounce:

FlameOn
01-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Keep it Up Erno :cheerleader::eek:

kryptonmania
01-17-2012, 03:26 AM
He got broken twice in the second set...not looking good now.

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 03:27 AM
He got broken twice in the second set...not looking good now.

Wish this was on a televised court :rolleyes:

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Loses second set 1-6 :sad::sad: Come on Ernests!

kryptonmania
01-17-2012, 03:37 AM
He couldn't hold his serve in the fist game of the 3rd set.
Arrggggggg...I can smell another first round exit in a grand slam. Please prove me wrong Ernests!

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 03:49 AM
Losing the 3rd set 1-4 :sad:

E forever
01-17-2012, 03:52 AM
come on ernest please don't lose :(

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 04:11 AM
First game of the fourth set, already broken.

kryptonmania
01-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Well...don't think he can make a comeback...good luck on your next tournament, Ernests!

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 04:30 AM
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

FlameOn
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
You know, just like Verdasco I think Ernie's main objective is to disappoint his fans. I really don't see how I can support both of them going forward, it's just too much disappointment...

GasquetFan
01-17-2012, 11:44 AM
You know, just like Verdasco I think Ernie's main objective is to disappoint his fans. I really don't see how I can support both of them going forward, it's just too much disappointment...

Know how you feel :hug:

but-it's-ok
01-17-2012, 05:07 PM
For me right now it's about showing support for him whilst he's going through a difficult time just now,looks like he has so little confidence or belief. With it comes confused thought process,anger,frustration and sadness:sobbing: He knows he can do it,we know he can. He's been through these slumps before and come out the other side,he will do that eventually. He'll be feeling pretty bad in himself right now:awww:

Ernests has brought me joy off court as a fan as well as on court,he's going through another rough patch to get to the better times again just like before LA last year. I'll be going through joy and pain,pain and joy,and keeping the faith.

kryptonmania
01-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Something I found on tennis.com regarding the match at Australian Open
http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2012/01/three-scenes-in-the-park.html

“I’m not the problem, you’re the problem!”

The chair umpire on a distant side court is talking to Ernests Gulbis. It’s hard to recognize the Latvian, with his new, unfloppy haircut. The prep-school look doesn’t appear to have changed much about him, though. Gulbis is down two-sets-to-one to Michael Llodra and beginning to unravel the same way he did when he sported his wildman slacker locks. Where someone like Andy Murray looks more professional when he gets a buzz, Gulbis appears to have lost something of himself, like Samson. His forehand isnt the same fierce stroke today that it usually is.

Gulbis breaks a string. He walks to the sideline, picks up another racquet, and continues to rummage through his bag. He can’t find something. Llodra watches. The chair umpire watches. Both of their faces begin to show impatience. Finally Gulbis gives up. He apologizes to Llodra and motions that he’d been looking for a vibration dampener. The umpire says something; Gulbis says something back. He says more. And more. He begins to gesture. Finally the umpire utters the exasperated line quoted above. Gulbis leans down into his return stance, muttering.

takuma
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
You can't even take a tactical break these days? :p
Anyways, poor Ernests. Hope he finds his mojo back (soon). Next chance for him to play will be in Zagreb, so not that long. Time to return to mother Europe and winter temperatures!

TravelingFanGirl
01-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Iíve been getting out of touch with this forum for awhile now, but today I really feel ashamed to be apart of it. The negativity I have read today is almost overwhelming. Iíve been apart of this forum since the beginning of 2009 and it was a great place to be if you were a fan. The forum was alive with energy, support and friendship. It was nice because not only did we share our support for Ernests but we also got to know one another and supported each other. Of course we didnít always agree or get along perfectly but for the most part, it was like a family. That style of forum seems to have faded over the years as more fans joined. Now if feels disjointed and uninspired. We have dealt with a lot of losses over the years. Weíve dealt with the year Ernests couldnít get past the second round on mostly all the tournaments he entered. Although some of us feared that could mark the end of Ernestsí career, most of us just cheered louder. Itís not easy when you see someone you care about and support not produce the results you know heís capable of. It can be frustrating for everyone involved. However, I enjoy supporting Ernests. I never once felt it wasnít worth it. The great thing about tennis is, there is always another match next week. Anything can change in an instant. I understand not everyone is going to take my always optimistic approach on life but one thing that was said here really angers me. The fact that some of you actually think Ernests WANTS or likes to disappoint his fans makes my head spin so fast you can surely use it for an Exorcist film. Iíve been going to tennis tournaments regularly for the past three years. One of the things I most look at are player interactions with fans. I can honestly say that Ernests Gulbis is one of the friendliest players to support. If he didnít care about his fans, Iím sure he wouldnít give much attention to them right? Well Ernests Gulbis never turns down an autograph or a picture. Iíve always been impressed with that. Any time Iíve met Ernests he has always given me more attention I could ever ask for. He is always willing to sign or take pictures but he is also very sweet whenever I try to chat him up. He always looks me in the eyes and smiles that big smile we adore. We all read about how fast that boy walks, well heíd slow down a little whenever I was around. Haha! I have so many stories with Ernests and his team. I have so many fond memories I never thought Iíd have. I care about him not just on court but off. Whenever he looses I donít think about myself, I think about him. How he is feeling physically and mentally. I donít like when he looses but it doesnít effect my life. When Ernests is on court he isnít thinking about how many fans he might loose if he doesnít break here. Not because he doesnít care about them, but because he should be trying to focus on the game itself. I want to stress to every one of you that Ernestsí career is NOT about you! You donít go into a sport to see how many fans you can round up. You do something to make yourself better, to beat the best. Ernests is very open and honest about his struggles in his career both physically and mentally. Not once did he say ďOh I lost that match to stick it to my fans.Ē The only one he truly hurts with his career is himself. Now this place was built to support Ernests, which I will do passionately. If YOU donít want to support him and cheer him on when he needs it most, then I suggest you toss off out of here. I certainly wonít miss you!

ellen_
01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Exactly my thoughts C, only you had the energy (read: faith it would make a difference) to type it out and post it here.

For him, it's a new match he has to get himself ready for time after time, and we should get ready for. But here it gets dragged into one long story of misery without a climax :spit: But there must be some reason for you to be still here then, no? What happened to those moments of true joy we had in the past few years? They are still there, and we all knew he could do these things. Just not at all times, but beware what you're wishing for - constant players are the most boring ones :p Let him be what he is, and see every match as his way of entertaining you, rather than him trying to make YOU happy which is definitely not the point of everything he goes through to stay fit and healthy. We are not the most important part in all this. He is.

Courtney, I thank you once more for the accurate post :hatoff:

TravelingFanGirl
01-17-2012, 08:19 PM
You're welcome Ellen! Sometimes when you meet Ernests he has this way about him that makes you feel important, special. To me, he is just a wonderful guy to know! I enjoy being his fan! It a shame when people loose the plot and try to turn the world to face them. I just sit back and enjoy him. Win or loose, I still believe in him. It is also because of Ernests that I met the amazing friends I have now. He has changed my life in so many positive ways! I'm very thankful to him. :D

but-it's-ok
01-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Bravo to you Courtney,Ellen,you both have a better way with words than me and I endorse what you both say entirely;);)

I met Ernests in Valencia,a nicer guy you couldn't wish to meet. Kind,caring,polite,smiling,winking towards me and friends I was with,and also laughing with Michal. He doesn't go looking for attention but he's happy to oblige fans who ask for autographs,pictures,and even give fans towels or wristbands. I never saw him refuse any requests as I stood and watched after I had been lucky enough to meet him.

Careers lived out of a suitcase?? Have any of you EVER experienced that in connection with your profession for 10 months of every year?? Of course I haven't and none of you have.

It's not only about tennis matches and practice,training sessions,it's the constant travelling,running the risk of losing tennis gear,being checked in/out,transportations,endless security/bag checks,a life where very few people get a look in,it is a selfish life but it's necessary for Ernests to play tennis,fulfil commitments. And remember Ernests doesn't like to fly,he overcomes anxiety to get to the tournaments in the first place. He makes sacrifices,sees little of his friends,or his extended family,only seeing his Dad somewhat regularly. He cares about his closest people but it's difficult to do that when he's on Tour 10 months a year. He says the Tour is a grind,of course it is,he's just admitting FACT. Some players are easily unsettled in certain environments,Ernests seems to be that way more often in heat and/or humidity. The stress of Tour life affects his health sometimes as we've seen. Therefore if he's going on court less than 100% in body and mind,the task of winning a tennis match gets even harder for him. He's also prepared to train harder between tournaments,and practice. We cant tell him how to schedule his tournaments either,he has to do what he feels is best for him,his game and his health. He needs to feel as comfortable as possible.

Ernests doesn't bullshit people,he tells it like it is,whether good/bad or ugly. I like that and can relate to it,it's called honesty. And he wants to let go of his emotions,because it's a release from the tension he feels,sometimes it helps,sometimes it's counter productive,it's the chance he takes. He wants to express himself,to let fans see some emotion,it's what he feels at the time,a reaction to situations,rather than just turn and play every point without any feeling. If he didn't care he'd just:shrug:at best.

It's even more fun to follow players or teams that are not at the very top of their sport,for the reasons Ellen and Courtney have said and it's something I have always done,and will continue to do.

I have come to realise that negativity is counter productive and it now makes me very sad. It makes me feel better inside if I am able to stay positive. I try so hard not to judge but to respect efforts made,even if ultimately they end up in disappointment. The joy he has given me is more than enough to compensate for the times when he's struggling. I am grateful to him,I have friends because of him,I discovered a country I would not have otherwise done,it's a bonus he's also great to look at and has a sense of humour.

I was here before there was a full Forum for Ernests back in 2008,I'm still here and will be supporting him whatever his ranking is,whatever tournament he's playing I'll be there in spirit,if not in person for as long as he wants to compete professionally there will be a place in my heart for him whatever he's doing. What I wish is for him above all is health,happiness,stability and success.

I hold this close to me and I really try every day 'Never judge what you don't understand':)

Sheila
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm all for free expression on forums like this but I have to say that saying Ernests loses matches to disappoint his fans was a bit extreme!

Why would someone jeopardise their career in this way?

Having said that, this is Flame Ons opinion and that should be respected even though you might not agree with it. And I have to add that there are a few people on here who have criticised Ernests for the way he has been playing recently including those of you who count yourselves as his biggest fans, having been around for years, etc etc.

At the end of the day, it is what it is.

Ernests doesn't set out to lose - why on earth would he?:D

Personally, I wish he could just learn to get himself out of this particular negative mindset that he gets into in the midst of a match if he starts losing. I'm sure he is working on this but it seems to have been plaguing him for a while now - I can only imagine the frustration this must cause him.

He has the game and he has flashes of brilliance as we know but he isn't getting any younger, in tennis terms at least;)

I really hope he starts to see some good results soon - I'm sure he will.

I'll be supporting him as always but I can understand why some people are losing faith in him - the frustration of seeing someone you admire lose continuously can affect people personally. Not me, but I can at least acknowledge that it can happen to others hence sometimes "negative" comments are made in expression.

Wishing you luck for your next tournament Ernests :hug::)

TravelingFanGirl
01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I agree with you Sheila..to some extent. I respect all opinions, but at the end of the day we have been using this forum as a FAN site. If this was a general tennis topic forum I would better accept all forms of comments both good or bad, but as a fan site I think we should hold a level of support out of respect for Ernests and other fans a like. Some backlash to negative comments should be expected. Saying you are disappointed in the loss & discussing what he should work on is one thing, but to make comments such as the statements above is just unnecessary. It just brings the forum down a level. We have freedom of speech and are able to post on this site freely..however, that doesn't always mean you should. ;)

FlameOn
01-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Of course I know that Ernie doesn't set out to disappoint his fans on purpose :lol:. It's just, well I support a lot of unstable players mentally. Verdasco my favourite in the world lost a 2 sets to 0 lead against a player that purposefully used gamesmanship and freely admitted it. I also had to go to work when he was two sets up and came home to the news. I was crushed, and it was the disappointment of Ernie winning the first set so easily and losing the next three so easily that bought on such a rash comment.

Sorry I offended some of you. It was just a comment to express my frustration, not necessarily true ;).

TravelingFanGirl
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm glad your comment wasn't serious. Sometimes it's hard to tell. And although my posts were mainly directed at your comment I wasn't just talking about you. (and actually you aren't the first one to make that comment. I've heard it a couple times before) I'm just trying to buck up the forum a little. It just seems so depressing in here. I know Ernests has been loosing so we haven't had much to celebrate but that doesn't mean it needs to be a funeral ;)I haven't posted as regularly as I normally do because well..it's so dead in here. What happened to all the conversations we once had. We talked about anything and everything. In a way it made the losses easier. I hope we can go back to really communicating on a regular basis. Not just when he plays.

ellen_
01-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Of course I know that Ernie doesn't set out to disappoint his fans on purpose :lol:. It's just, well I support a lot of unstable players mentally. Verdasco my favourite in the world lost a 2 sets to 0 lead against a player that purposefully used gamesmanship and freely admitted it. I also had to go to work when he was two sets up and came home to the news. I was crushed, and it was the disappointment of Ernie winning the first set so easily and losing the next three so easily that bought on such a rash comment.

Sorry I offended some of you. It was just a comment to express my frustration, not necessarily true ;).

And there must be a reason for that too, right? It's a challenge just as it is for them. A victory of a player like Ernests or Simone Bolelli can make me happier than a victory of Nole. Just because it's a victory on so many more levels than just the score. If people can't handle it, I advise them to drop out :lol:

As Courtney said, our posts aren't directed to you of course. I guess it's frustration built up over time.

FlameOn
01-18-2012, 10:03 AM
And there must be a reason for that too, right? It's a challenge just as it is for them. A victory of a player like Ernests or Simone Bolelli can make me happier than a victory of Nole. Just because it's a victory on so many more levels than just the score. If people can't handle it, I advise them to drop out :lol:

As Courtney said, our posts aren't directed to you of course. I guess it's frustration built up over time.
Get out? Then I'd be a gloryhunter and shit :lol:.

ellen_
01-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Get out? Then I'd be a gloryhunter and shit :lol:.

There have to be examples of every kind :lol:

misty1
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
im so depressed

its been a horrendous start to the season

TravelingFanGirl
01-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm just glad that Ernests' team is more positive then it's been in here. Novotny tweeted yesterday (I'll fix his typos) "No matter his result, he'll have a good season" Ernests, like anyone struggling with anything, needs positive energy to surround him. From what I've seen, his team is very upbeat! (Specially Novotny). He's never shown much promise of a good result in Australia since he has expressed trouble with the climate there. I think if he is able to get a good run this year it would be during the US hard court season. That seems to be where he gets his best results. Also maybe on clay. What do you think?

misty1
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm just glad that Ernests' team is more positive then it's been in here. Novotny tweeted yesterday (I'll fix his typos) "No matter his result, he'll have a good season" Ernests, like anyone struggling with anything, needs positive energy to surround him. From what I've seen, his team is very upbeat! (Specially Novotny). He's never shown much promise of a good result in Australia since he has expressed trouble with the climate there. I think if he is able to get a good run this year it would be during the US hard court season. That seems to be where he gets his best results. Also maybe on clay. What do you think?

i think your right, clay and the us hard courts can he his times to shine but it just sucks when he loses matches the way he did against llodra. It just lends fuel to the fire of all the haters in gm and i know its better to ignore them but it just pisses me off and its hard .

TravelingFanGirl
01-18-2012, 08:20 PM
That's why I never go into GM and try to keep this place more on the positive side. It can be salt in the wounds on the fans when we deal with too much negativity. I'm a very passionate and protective person when it comes to anyone I care about in any way. If I went into GM forums I'd probably explode! Anyway, hopefully Ernests can gain some momentum soon. :)

ellen_
01-18-2012, 11:06 PM
im so depressed

its been a horrendous start to the season

:lol:

Courtney and Di, it was all for nothing.

but-it's-ok
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM

Courtney and Di, it was all for nothing.

:ras::nerner::p;)
:cheerleader::banana:
:cool::angel:
:kiss::hug::wavey:

deyaT87
01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi all
I know we all are disappointed, but this is tennis and everybody can beat everybody.
Not shame losing match like this, Llodra is a good player.
Ernests is a top 10 player, only is a matter of time when he will achieve it.
I believe in Ernests, whatever he win or loses , I will cheer for him.
i don't like when somebody said something bad about Ernests, that's why I don't read thread about him in GM...i just can't stand it...i don't know why is there so many haters :confused:
anyway I'm glad this forum exists ,because we can share all our love and positive energy for Ernests :D
I hope for better results in the following tournaments.

kisses for you all

TravelingFanGirl
01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi all
I know we all are disappointed, but this is tennis and everybody can beat everybody.
Not shame losing match like this, Llodra is a good player.
Ernests is a top 10 player, only is a matter of time when he will achieve it.
I believe in Ernests, whatever he win or loses , I will cheer for him.
i don't like when somebody said something bad about Ernests, that's why I don't read thread about him in GM...i just can't stand it...i don't know why is there so many haters :confused:
anyway I'm glad this forum exists ,because we can share all our love and positive energy for Ernests :D
I hope for better results in the following tournaments.

kisses for you all

:worship: Nice post! Llodra is a good player and people never give him enough credit! It's only the start of the year! So much to look forward to!

TravelingFanGirl
02-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Memphis: Ernests will play against Milos Raonic in the first round.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/402/mds.pdf

FlameOn
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Brilliant :o. Another 1R loss here we come :mad:. But at least this time we can blame a rotten draw.

takuma
02-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Hey, the match hasn't even started yet!Have some faith ;)
Besides, did Raonic have some health issues during the DC afterall? I didn't like that 'story' tbh http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=16476&zoneid=6 , his spanish dr, tendonitis etc. Fishy.

but-it's-ok
02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm firstly interested in Ernests health, that he's recovered from his food poisoning. He did well to participate as much as he did in DC last week,it's a great shame he's still getting sick so much

All he can do is try his best to overcome the odds in the 1st round in Memphis,the pressure is off,thats for sure:D. Good luck Ernests!:hug:

Sheila
02-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Ernests is more than capable of beating Raonic.

It's all up to him....wishing you the all the best, mister:hug:

kryptonmania
02-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Raonic just won the tilte in San Jose today.
Best of luck to Ernests!

TravelingFanGirl
02-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Raonic just won the tilte in San Jose today.
Best of luck to Ernests!

Hope he is nice and tired ;)

FlameOn
02-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Milos might be tired, but I doubt that will be a problem. Last year he won San Jose and reached the final of his next tourney :scratch:.

Ernie will need to play lights out...

but-it's-ok
02-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Milos is the best server in tennis,and Ernests may will spend most of his time walking from side to side having not touched the ball:lol:

Ernests won't be allowed any rhythm. He did stand toe to toe with Karlovic in Delray Beach final and played near enough lights out so he has ability in this scenario. But there's even less outside influences here like climate.

Milos being tired?? I nearly spat my tea out laughing!:crazy: His game is such that minimum energy is used:lol:

However, the greater the odds....;)

TravelingFanGirl
02-20-2012, 02:07 PM
For the record, the "Hope he is tired" was a JOKE. Playful wishful thinking but I'm not an idiot. I don't underestimate ANY player!

Ginevra83
02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
For the record, the "Hope he is tired" was a JOKE. Playful wishful thinking but I'm not an idiot. I don't underestimate ANY player!

I guess she was joking as well!!!:)
And, it's true, his game is very far from be physical or long rallies...but...who cares?? I think only about ernests!!! Can't wait to see him on court and fight!!
At lest we'll have a first 2012 season stream:):)

His match is during night session on Wednesday

TravelingFanGirl
02-20-2012, 04:54 PM
:bounce: It's about time we have a stream!

ad-out
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Just FYI... I got the interview with Ernests at 4:30 today!!! Let me know if you have any last minute ideas or questions. :D

Ginevra83
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
OMG!!!!! I don't know I don't know!!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure you'll be great and "professional" ahah
Can't wait to read you report, I'm enjoying reading your posts

Say to him to be focus all season for ALL HIS fans, we're manyyy!!

:wavey:

eze
02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Lucky you! Could you ask if he is satisfied of his overall career up to now?

TravelingFanGirl
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Just FYI... I got the interview with Ernests at 4:30 today!!! Let me know if you have any last minute ideas or questions. :D

I already sent my questions to you on twitter but I thought I'd post them here. Might spark some other ideas.

Novotny & Marat Safin have turned to twitter..when is he going to take the plunge?
Ask him what in his game has he been focusing most on during practice.
Any weird fan encounters?
Maybe try to get him talking about his close relationship with Novotny.

takuma
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Not very original, but I'm genuinely interested in his tournament schedule. Davis Cup, Slams, Olympics - that's what we know for now. But will he play smaller events too(and which ones if so)?
If we're allowed non-tennis Qs: what's his point of view on the Russian language on Latvia issue.
Good luck for the interview!Have fun :)

E forever
02-21-2012, 07:22 PM
is he playing football ? ^_^

and tell him that he have so much fans :)

eze
02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Looks like there is only stream from Grandstand, sooo disapointed:( I miss see him play, no matter win or loose..

TravelingFanGirl
02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I hear the only streams are women. Ugh! I'm so disappointed. I was really looking forward to watching the match :sad:

banhhe
02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
I remember in previous years, in Memphis they start to stream only since Quarterfinals :(

Sheila
02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Just when I actually have some free time to watch some live stream, there is none. Typical:D

FlameOn
02-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Good luck today Ernie :yeah:.

FlameOn
02-23-2012, 05:01 AM
:awww: Getting to a TB was better than I expected.

BlueLighthouse
02-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Hey, I'm not too down about this match. Clearly he lacks match play. On the up next tourney!

kryptonmania
02-23-2012, 05:27 AM
Another 1st round exit...another heartbroken tournament for us...
Delray Beach next?

TravelingFanGirl
02-23-2012, 05:51 AM
I'm not too heartbroken. Milos obviously came into the match the favorite who is very confident right now! I'm also comforted by Ernests' words in the interview with Amanda yesterday "It’s been a tough last year because I’ve been changing a lot with the coaches. I was sick a lot. Ok I won one title but the last year was bad. But now this week, I don’t want to jinx it but I’m playing my top tennis as I used to play. If I win or lose that’s ok because I’m on the right track but I’m happy and it’s been good." (The rest of her interview will be posted tomorrow and I can't wait. I also can't wait for her to get on MTF and give us more details from her time at the tournament around Team Gulbis)
It's great to have Hernan back and I'm loving the positive energy in Ernests! Win or loose I just want him to be happy with himself and to continue working forward to improve and concur!

Onto Delray Beach!

eze
02-23-2012, 06:02 PM
It's a bummer, but I agree with Jade. The only thing i'm dissapointed about is the lack of stream. Hope we and Ernie will be more lucky in Delray Beach

Ginevra83
02-25-2012, 08:23 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/499/mds.pdf
Delray Beach Main Draw

First round
Gulbis vc Falla, than maybe Troicki..so not that bad!!

Let's start the winning season Ernests!!! Can't wait to watch him play, where he won his first title..sweet memories!!!:)
:wavey:

GasquetFan
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Winnable first round, won't be easy though.. Good luck Ernests :)

takuma
02-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Finally not the worst draw possible ;) Go for it E.!

Proxima2
02-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Good luck against Falla, Ernests! :yeah:

smitty8
02-27-2012, 03:14 PM
*sigh* I wish I could go this year. Darn work! :banghead:

takuma
02-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Ernests plays tomorrow on court #1 at 11. No stream available, as far as I can see...

ad-out
02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Can't believe they wouldn't put a former champion on the main court..

osmonde
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
@ Ad-out...
Exactly what I tought...a former champion but not an american. So frustrating :(
He better win that one.

kryptonmania
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
He has a 4-1 lead in the first set now. It looks like his serve is ON today, which is a good sign. Go Ernie!

banhhe
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Can't believe they wouldn't put a former champion on the main court..

"former champion" now that reminds me, almost forgot about that :lol:

kryptonmania
02-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, he couldn't close out the set on his service game and Falla broke back. Sigh...I can't be too optimistic.

takuma
02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Ernests won the first set 6-4 and leads in the second 5-1!

takuma
02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
He won!9 aces in total and a clean closing game. Class! Well done Ernests :)

eze
02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
why oh why there was no stream, anyways, extremely happy, good one E:)

Ginevra83
02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
1į WIN OF THE SEASON YEAHHHHHHHH:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Goog job ernests

Proxima2
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Well done, Ernests! :D

Ilze
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
happy, happy, happy :)

TravelingFanGirl
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Great match for Ernests & it should help his confidence! I'm so happy for him & his team but I'm even more happy that I don't have to read everyone whine for days about a loss ;) ;) :p

He remains undefeated in Delray doesn't he? Let's hope it stays that way!

kryptonmania
02-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats!
1st win of the year from an ATP tournament. His two Davis Cup wins were counted as his year to date win though.

banhhe
02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
He remains undefeated in Delray doesn't he? Let's hope it stays that way!
his last loss there was 3 years ago against Marcos Bagdatis if I'm not wrong :scratch:

but-it's-ok
02-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Some players feel more comfortable at certain venues,they feel more relaxed so it helps their performance:dance:. Recalling memories of 2010 in Delray would have helped to put him in a healthier place mentally,and may have contributed more than we might think to this win. A fairly comfortable win too!:D

I hope Ernests can build on this,and steadily improve match by match,week by week.

TravelingFanGirl
02-28-2012, 06:36 PM
his last loss there was 3 years ago against Marcos Bagdatis if I'm not wrong :scratch:

I meant since he won the tournament ;)

Stronga23
02-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Ernie is going to beat Darcis as well :D. I love when my second favorite player does well ;).

Sheila
02-28-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gif

Pleased for him :) :hug:

Looks like it was a comfortable win too.

ImmzB
02-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Good win for Gulbis!! All the best against Darcis, good chance for him to make the QF!! :)

misty1
02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
:bounce:

kryptonmania
02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
From atpworldtour.com (http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/9/Delray-Beach-Tuesday-Kohlschreiber-Gulbis-Win.aspx)

Latvian Ernests Gulbis, the 2010 champion, proved too strong for Colombian Alejandro Falla in a 6-4, 6-1 win over 70 minutes. Gulbis hit nine aces in their second tour-level meeting (also 2010 Farmers Classic).

takuma
02-28-2012, 11:38 PM
According to the OOP, Ernests is playing tomorrow not before 12:30 local time. On Stadium court. Speedy tournament ;)

osmonde
02-29-2012, 12:55 AM
On stadium means we will have a stream... :)

Meanwhile Karlovic, who would have been next in 3rd round, was defeated by a Qualif.

Maybe, Ernests could make a good run this time.

FlameOn
02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
What a win! :)

Falla's been playing pretty well this year.

kryptonmania
02-29-2012, 03:20 PM
From tennistalk.com (http://www.tennistalk.com/en/previews/20120229/Isner,_Gulbis_aim_for_Delray_Beach_quarterfinals)

Ernests Gulbis vs. Steve Darcis

Gulbis and Darcis will also be going head-to-head for the first time in their careers when they battle for a quarterfinal spot on Wednesday afternoon. Darcis is armed with a rare clean bill of health and he has played stellar tennis of late. The 68th-ranked Belgian finished runner-up at a Challenger event in Dallas, reached the San Jose quarterfinals, and he upset third-seeded Viktor Troicki 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 on Tuesday.

The same cannot be said for Gulbis, who is mired in yet another extensive slump. He is toiling down at No. 78 in the world and he had not won a single match at an ATP event in 2012 prior to this week. Gulbis will hope that a 6-4, 6-1 first-round victory over Alejandro Falla will put him back on track. This could go either way, but look for Darcis' consistency to lead him to a three-set win.

Ernie please prove him wrong. Best of luck to you today. I know you will defeat Darcis.

eze
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
i'm just happy i get to see him play and hope he doesn't give up if things do not go quite as planned

Ginevra83
02-29-2012, 05:34 PM
the stream is orrible...but we can watch him, finally!!!!!!
Good luck

takuma
02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
What's with those streams?Either non working or non watchable...Feels like I'm back to (late) 90s. Even challengers have better live streams than that.

deyaT87
02-29-2012, 06:09 PM
HORRIBLE stream :mad: but better this than nothing
good luck

Stronga23
02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Huge hold Ernesto ;)

osmonde
02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
ATP is streaming this match for free,http://www.atpworldtour.com/Media/FreeLiveStream.aspx good stream:

Stronga23
02-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Allez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deyaT87
02-29-2012, 06:21 PM
ATP is streaming this match for free,http://www.atpworldtour.com/Media/FreeLiveStream.aspx good stream:

Thank you :D

takuma
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
stream not available in my area...cr*p

eze
02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Hang in, Ernie, take this tiebrak!

eze
02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Fuck it, if I had a racquet i would have broken it!

deyaT87
Ernie :smash: :banghead:

Ilze
Ernest, Ernest, Ernest....

kryptonmania
02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Ernie had more break points and had an early lead in the tiebreak, but he lost the 1st set. Very frustrating...
Hopefully he can make a comeback later. Fingers crossed.

takuma
02-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Losing this set (after such a nice beginning), racquet abuse warning...Oh Ernests, get a grip PLEASE.

Stronga23
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Ernie hang in there :D!!!!

deyaT87
02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
he had 2 or 3 set points...i don't have good feelings about this match :scared:
come on Ernests

kryptonmania
02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
He has a lot of double faults today.

Stronga23
02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Ernesto :rocker2:

deyaT87
02-29-2012, 07:23 PM
wow excellent second set so far...keep on

eze
02-29-2012, 07:24 PM
I was so excited to see this match, but i had forgotten how frustrating it can be see Ernests play...my nerves can't take it, going for smoke every 5 min:)

kryptonmania
02-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I think Steve is saving some energy for the 3rd set. Please keep up the good work Ernie!

takuma
02-29-2012, 07:27 PM
What a relief!6-1!Keep it up Erns!

eze
well, this second set was quick, just keep doing what you're doing Ernie, keep focused!

Stronga23
Allez!!!!!!

deyaT87
02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I was so excited to see this match, but i had forgotten how frustrating it can be see Ernests play...my nerves can't take it, going for smoke every 5 min:)

hahaha you are right, fortunately i didn't smoke, i lost my nails :D

Yeah he took second set :) Come on

FlameOn
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Playing pretty well now :). Keep it up! :)

E forever
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Come on ernest

FlameOn
02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
With the break, 4-2 :).

FlameOn
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
5-2 :cheerleader:

Ilze
02-29-2012, 08:12 PM
happy, happy, happy :)

FlameOn
Yas! :cheerleader:. Ernie's big FH winner and high BH volley in the last game :hearts:. I haven't watched him play for a little while, nice to see :D.

eze
Yeeeee, it's over and done, so proud of Ernests:)

osmonde
02-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Woot woot....he made it. True, it is nervous breakdown seeing play. He had good winners today, but his forehand let him down sometimes and his first serves as well. So happy anyway.
Now, I will take a walk to calm me down. :)))

deyaT87
02-29-2012, 08:15 PM
:woohoo: two win in a row
so happy for him

takuma
02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Yes!So glad he could pull this off despite the (twisted) first set loss.

but-it's-ok
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
:dance: :hatoff:to him for achieving this,despite all that had gone on during the 1st set!

I'm glad he regrouped so quickly after the end of the 1st set TB,looks like the show of anger helped this time, to refocus and find enough to beat a under-rated player in Darcis. Sure his key shots let him down,but he kept going, still some very pleasing winners in there.

Finding a way, fighting, and feeling confident in himself is the main thing. Well done Ernests!:yeah:

misty1
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM
very happy for ernests:)

Sheila
02-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Well done Ernests :):hug:

Hope I'll be able to catch the live stream for his next match if there is one showing.

eze
02-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Next against Matosevic. I am quite sure it will be streamed, can't wait!

eze
03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
It's on in about two-three hours, best of luck to Ernests and all of us:)

Stronga23
03-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Ernests be great today :worship::D

takuma
03-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Michal Novotny twitted "Any advices for Ernests are welcome"...Are these guys for real?So funny ;)
Good luck Ernests!
(btw: Did Kohlschreiber really have to take that tie-break...tsk tsk)

eze
03-02-2012, 07:10 PM
So far so good.

BlueLighthouse
03-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Please win in 2. No drama please. I'm dizzy with the camera angle.

takuma
03-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Who puts 'Ernests' and 'no drama' in one sentence? :p Hopefully he will break back...

Ilze
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM
second set- wtf?

kryptonmania
03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
The 2nd set is a train wreck :(

eze
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Who puts 'Ernests' and 'no drama' in one sentence? :p Hopefully he will break back...

Just what I wanted to say hahaha.
Well, let's hope he just was getting ready for third set and that this strategy will work...

Stronga23
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Just keep fighting Ernie :D. Thats all we want ;)

kryptonmania
03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
A bad start for the 3rd set. Please break back ASAP Ernie!

Stronga23
03-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Ernie just keep holding and give yourself a chance to break back!

eze
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, guess that was it, 45 points is more than nothing, hope he is allright physically though for the next tournament.

Stronga23
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Well, guess that was it, 45 points is more than nothing, hope he is allright physically though for the next tournament.

Is he going to try to qualify for IW?

takuma
03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Better not to read the GM threads for a while. Hope Matosevic takes the Delray title now, for some reason I really wouldn't like to see him losing his next match in short straights...

Btw: He's on the main draw list of IW.

kryptonmania
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I wonder what happened to the 2nd and 3rd set. He only won 14 points and 13 points respectively. I hope there's no injury or illness involved.

Anyway, good luck on your next tournament, Ernie! Please don't lose a match like today again.

but-it's-ok
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
:sad::sad: Hope he's ok for next tournament,he got 2 wins without ever being remotely near his best level. If he's still bothered physically and fatiguing because of the illnesses he's had lately,maybe he should get checked out. I cant help fearing mono,each time he's sick!:scared::scared:

Obviously though I hope not and that he grows stronger the more he plays and doesn't have to worry about his health,so he can concentrate on his game. He certainly looks healthier facially and he sounds better lately.

Lets hope he's left those last 2 sets in the gutter where they belong,never to be repeated;):p. To make a go of your career(so you can stay longer and we can support you longer) the only way is forwards Ernests and hope you believe in yourself,we still believe in and love you!:rocker2::hug:

FlameOn
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Not a bad tournament. I mean he's capable of so much better but we take what we can get ATM :lol:.

Oh and please don't retire Ernie :sad:.

smitty8
03-03-2012, 04:31 AM
You know, when I started my job, I had a hard time concentrating on it and that's a big part of it. It takes you wanting to focus and just doing it day after day. Maybe that comes with maturity, I don't know, but he needs to just suck it up and focus when he is playing a match. Not just for a set, but the entire match. He did very well the first set, then he went walkabout and I have no idea where his mind went to. He really should've been able to focus enough to win that in two sets. :banghead:

Edit: Well, like I told Jade on facebook, that darn chicken dance song they played on the changeover must've did him in. He was probably wondering WTH that was all about and just couldn't concentrate after that. :haha: In case you don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ich7aSuDGZg I'm just seriously glad we don't do that stuff at weddings I go to.

takuma
03-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Chicken dance, along with other brilliant tunes, was like a weapon of complete distraction.
They had to use heavier measures when their first attempt - those half naked cheer leading chicks during the coin toss - failed ;)

FlameOn
03-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Chicken dance, oh the horror :sobbing:.

Sheila
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm a bit late but what a bizarre result. Sailed away with the first set and then... :confused:

Oh well at least he won two matches which is what we want to see:)

Good luck in your next tournament, mister:hug:

----

I cannot believe they played the chicken dance ( or The Birdie Song as it's better known here in UK :D )

I'm ashamed to say I danced to that many a time when I was younger - I know all the moves.:o

TravelingFanGirl
03-04-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm a bit late but what a bizarre result.

Tennis is a terrible sport ;)

osmonde
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Pics and report of Dolgopolov-Gulbis practice. Seems people applauds their points.
http://www.10sballs.com/2012/03/05/bnp-paribas-2012-day-1-gulbisdolgopolov-practice/

FlameOn
03-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Llodra first round. I think on this surface Ernests has a good shot. :cheerleader:

osmonde
03-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Llodra once again :( after he lost to him on 1st rd in Memphis...hope he will make it this time but it won't be easy.
Hope he won't forget his serves and FH in the locker room as in Delray QF.

Ginevra83
03-06-2012, 11:31 PM
TIME FOR REVENGE!!! You can do it!!!!!:)

CelinaCarpina
03-07-2012, 01:30 AM
He gets Llodra?! Aw mannn. Don't worry, my fellow California-Gulbistard and I will make sure to be cheering him on! Can't wait to see Ernie, Karlis, & the whole Gulbis team again!

takuma
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Ernests plays on court nr.8, second match in the morning. Too bad the streams don't start one day earlier.
Anyways, good luck E.!
Hope our spies will provide us with pictures/videos. Have a great time over there guys :)

FlameOn
03-09-2012, 10:29 PM
5-5 in the third :sobbing:.

FlameOn
03-09-2012, 10:35 PM
TB :bigcry:

FlameOn
03-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Lost tiebreak 7-3 :(.

Almost pulled off the revenge. Normally I'd be mad at him but I'm just sad for him this time :(.

osmonde
03-09-2012, 11:33 PM
According to @Tomtebbutt who was there, Llodra had a deplorable attitude. He smacked ball out of court, threw racquet, called Gulbis supporter in crowd a "f--king Chinese."
He said on his twitter that he confirmed later with brother of woman, who heard that as well.
I am so sad for Ernests who despite a sore shoulder put on a good fight. The Empire should have punished Llodra for his behaviour and racism comment. He didn't deserve this win.
Ernests looks so sad on one pic twitted...I will put it in the photo thread

takuma
03-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Good grief, I certainly did not expect that kind of behavior from Llodra!
Even if it was tactical (to make Ernests lose his nerves etc.), he pushed it way too far!
I felt so sorry for Erns, glad he did not give up and fought to the end though.
Hope Miami will be better for him (and for us).

TravelingFanGirl
03-10-2012, 02:39 AM
I hope his shoulder problem isn't serious. I know he was in a bad mood in practice.
I'm VERY surprised to hear such a comment from Llodra and I'm hoping he was misunderstood! Tennis players are very passionate people,can get very hot headed, and fans can be very irritating BUT to make it so personal.. no no!

BlueLighthouse
03-10-2012, 07:32 AM
@darren_cahill: Ernie Gulbis fighting a sore shoulder and tough opponent in Michael Llodra, Traded breaks in 3rd. On serve 4/3. http://twitter.com/darren_cahill/status/178244055040397312/photo/1

I'm loving Cahill's love for Ernie.

osmonde
03-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Here is a report about Llodra comment:

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20120310/SPORTS0701/203100348

deyaT87
03-11-2012, 12:35 AM
:eek: I didn't expect such behavior from Llodra, I am surprised. very bad on his part :o
I am very sorry for Ernie :sad:
I read from the previous posts that he had problems with the shoulder, I hope they are not serious and he will recover soon :hug: now he don't need injuries at all.
Match was uncertain and could go either way, unfortunately, he went to Llodra's side :sad:
I hope it will be better in Miami.

takuma
03-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Geez, and now Llodra withdraws from his match against Tsonga in the first set (knee injury)...Couldn't he do that in his first match, instead of acting like an A-hole?
Btw, he got fined 2,5 K for that racial outburst of his.

Sheila
03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm late, as always:)

Llodra - disgusting behaviour.

Sad to hear Ernests lost a first round game again - shame he couldn't capitalise on Llodra's obvious irritation.

On to the next one then, eh?:D

eze
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Draw is out - qualifier first round, then Monfils.

deyaT87
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Should be easy first round, but... will see which player will be opponent in 1st round.
As for the second round (I hope he will come to it) I think Monfils was injured, so hope that he isn't in good shape.

FlameOn
03-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Good luck Ernests :rain::bigclap:

kryptonmania
03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Qualifiers are sometimes very dangerous though. I hope his shoulder is fine now.

takuma
03-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't underestimate the qualifiers either. Not only there's a difference of a few ranking points between Ernests and them, but also because he prefers to be the challenger/underdog (rather than the 'expected winner' of a match). Nonetheless the draw could've been worse. There is hope this might be a good tournament for him. Providing his shoulder problems are gone of course. And that he forgets the parties - Miami's specialty ;) Good luck Swan!

takuma
03-21-2012, 09:04 PM
And the mysterious Qualifier is...Sergey Stakhovsky. Won't be easy. C'mon E.!

deyaT87
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
And the mysterious Qualifier is...Sergey Stakhovsky. Won't be easy. C'mon E.!
Is Sergei, but not Stakhovsky, Bubka is Ernie's opponent in first round

takuma
03-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Is Sergei, but not Stakhovsky, Bubka is Ernie's opponent in first round
Of course it is. My mistake. Been thinking about Bubka but wrote the other Sergey, sorry! :stupid:

-Evita-
03-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Ernests is playing third match on court 2 today. The first two matches are WTA. Play starts at 11am local time.

-Evita-
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Ernests made one DF in the first game and lost his serve to 15. Not a good start :(

deyaT87
03-22-2012, 08:33 PM
f*** two break down :mad:
what's wrong with him? :confused: maybe he still have problem with shoulder.come on Ernie
i hate live score :mad:

kryptonmania
03-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Lost the first set to a qualifier. Didn't I say qualifiers are dangerous?

Please keep fighting Ernests!

TravelingFanGirl
03-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Lost the first set to a qualifier. Didn't I say qualifiers are dangerous?

Please keep fighting Ernests!

Qualifiers are very dangerous and it kind of bugs me when people assume they are easy peasy lemon squeezy! With Qualifiers you are usually playing someone you haven't played before, or very little. It can be hard to get use to their game and they have nothing to loose. On top of that, Ernests isn't 100% with his recent shoulder issues, which we don't know much about.

deyaT87
03-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Didn't I say qualifiers are dangerous?

Yes you did.
oh Ernests :smash: this defeat is probably very frustrating for him :hug:
I don't know what to say about this match...strange first set, 5 breaks in men's tennis are too much
horrible percent of 1st serves, maybe shoulder still bothering him :sad:
next are clay tournaments maybe he will have more luck on them...

Nadie
03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
next are clay tournaments maybe he will have more luck on them...

there'll be Davis cup tie against Hungary on carpet before the clay season starts

FlameOn
03-22-2012, 10:59 PM
That really sucks Ernests :(.

takuma
03-23-2012, 12:02 AM
If it was the shoulder issue, then I don't think he should've played at all.
Sometimes it's better to default a match (or retire from it), than play a mediocre* match with a high risk of making the injury worse. Once you're on the court you should be competitive, both physically and mentally.
If it's not about the shoulder and Ernests was fit, than I join FlameOn on the suck comment ;)
*to put it mildly

TravelingFanGirl
03-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Can't wait till Davis Cup! :bounce: I still love you Ernests! :hug:

kryptonmania
03-23-2012, 03:12 AM
I don't believe the saying that if he play well he can beat anybody because the fact is he can lose to anybody at this moment. I still think he should start playing some challengers. Tons of players outside of Top 30 do play challengers to gain points to boost their rankings.

Nadie
03-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Ernests is in the entry list of Rome challenger :eek: this tournament starts on April, 16

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=199272

Ginevra83
03-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Ernests is in the entry list of Rome challenger :eek: this tournament starts on April, 16

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=199272

Great move Ernests!!! He needs to play more, to win matches and gain confidence again!!!!!!
He hasn't the ranking for MonteCarlo anyway soooo!!!!!!!
hope for the best!!!!!

TravelingFanGirl
03-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Wow I'm very surprised he signed up for a challenger!

osmonde
03-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I think he should have done that before. Good move.

Sonja1989
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
:cool:

kryptonmania
03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
I think he should have done that before. Good move.

Couldn't agree with you more.
I've mentioned that he should play some challengers for months. So glad he finally makes the move.

GasquetFan
04-01-2012, 03:20 AM
Great move by Ernests and his team, really needs confidence and some match wins going into the clay season which hopefully he can get at this challenger.

Sheila
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Good luck to him for this challenger!:hug:

-Evita-
04-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Ernest is seeded no.1 in the Rai Open and his first opponent is Simon Greul. Not the easiest opponent but hopefully Ernest can get some wins there :rocker2:

FlameOn
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Great move by Ernests and his team, really needs confidence and some match wins going into the clay season which hopefully he can get at this challenger.
Best decision for the moment definitely!

Go get 'em Ernests. Baby steps to rebuild your shattered confidence again :cheerleader:.

misty1
04-15-2012, 04:48 PM
really tough draw in rome

greul up first and then probably marti

takuma
04-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Ernests can lose (and win) to pretty much anyone, but Greul and Marti shouldn't be considered tough opponents for him imo. We can always generalize, and say that practically every pro player is dangerous, but I'd rather believe Ernests can beat them with one hand only :p
(providing he finds his mojo back)

takuma
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
E.'s playing tomorrow on center court not before 4.20 pm (probably 4.22 pm sharp) ;)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/2151/op.pdf

Ginevra83
04-17-2012, 10:43 AM
There is a live stream for his match!!!!!!:bounce:
So happy!!!!!!! I really like this challenger hahahahhah

but I'll be a t work, sad face, I hope someone could record and upload it then....I really really miss watching him play!!!!!
Thanks

Good luck Ernests!!!!!

TravelingFanGirl
04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Ernests was up 3-0 and I had the worst thought I could have. I actually said, "Wow! This could be an easy match." After 4 years of being an Ernests fan & 8 years of being a tennis fan in general, you'd think I would know better. *slaps self on wrist* I should know we have to take it one point at a time and not get ahead of the score! Come on Ernests! Sarauj!

kryptonmania
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Ernests had an early lead but lost 3 straight games due to tons of unforced errors. Not looking good.

kryptonmania
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Wow...he lost the first set. First round exit at a challenger?!

TravelingFanGirl
04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I was a little nervous about him playing a Challenger to begin with. For someone who lacks confidence, a Challenger tournament can put the pressure on a player like Ernests even more. I've seen some good shots from him today. He just has to keep his momentum up and not over think or get excited. The match isn't over yet!

kryptonmania
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
He was broken at his second service game in the 2nd set. grrrr

kryptonmania
04-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Got broken again...not too far from losing the match. Come on Ernests!

deyaT87
04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
poor Ernie :sad:
nothing is working for him :sad: