Changes to Player Forums [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Changes to Player Forums

scoobs
12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone,

In order to reduce clutter from the ever-increasing list of inactive players, we have rolled out changes to the Player Forums. For countries / regions where there were player forums for players who are now retired or otherwise inactive, there is now a link called Inactive Players. Clicking this takes you to Blast From The Past, where there is a forum to hold the forums for these inactive players.

Below that link, there is also a link directly into the forum of each player whose forum has been moved to Blast From The Past

e.g.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7168/6593222211_c053baa282_b.jpg

Hope this makes sense - any questions / comments, post below :)

Guest12315544
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
I am really glad to see this finally taking place :) However, a couple of items to put on your or someones list of things to be done. Amer Delic who has a Forum in the U.S. section now plays for Bosnia/Herzegovina. And Alex Bogomolov, Jr. just has a thread in the U.S. section, but he now plays for Russia. So both those need to be moved.

Guest12315544
12-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Hasn't Marat Safin retired? He is now in politics in Russia and is no longer on the ATP site. So shouldn't he be inactive?

scoobs
12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Safin's forum is still extremely active so we're leaving that where it is for the time being - it's busier than many players who haven't retired.

As for the others, if fans in the Delic forum or the Bogomolov thread ask us to move them then we'll see about doing that but none of them have asked up until now.

Guest12315544
12-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Well no one is in the Delic Forum now. And posters in Bogomolov's thread wants that thread moved to Russia. I told them they had to ask a Moderator to do it because that was the only way it could be done, but I don't guess anyone asked? Anyway this is what was said--Alex is now representing Russia, please rid the Team USA thread of him. That sounds like a request to me!

Guest12315544
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I love the way this worked out--it is great! Many thanks to habibko for coming up with this in the suggestion thread :bowdown:

Guest12315544
12-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Safin's forum is still extremely active so we're leaving that where it is for the time being - it's busier than many players who haven't retired.

As for the others, if fans in the Delic forum or the Bogomolov thread ask us to move them then we'll see about doing that but none of them have asked up until now.

I don't know scoobs if you moved the Delic Forum and the Bogomolov thread or if someone else did, but I just noticed they were in their correct places. So thanks to whoever made those changes :)

Chirag
12-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Great job moderators .:D It definately reduced some cluttery

Guest12315544
12-31-2011, 04:33 AM
Great job moderators .:D It definately reduced some cluttery

I'm glad to know that someone agrees with me about this :)

Fee
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Scoobs, I just created a 2012 thread for JMG. Would you consider moving that to the random single threads for the US players? Just in case anyone cares to see it for now. Thanks.

Alex999
12-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

Also, it would be probably easier for mods too, less time consuming etc.

Guest12315544
12-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I just wish someone would continue the job of moving the players that have retired to the section for players that are now retired! I also wish some tennis players would make up their minds about which country they are playing for! Levine should be in the section for Canada's players now!

Chirag
12-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

I think having more sub forum make this forum more organised which is what I prefer . I am pretty sure you are underestimating the intelligance of the new members . They will get to know this place quickly

Guest12315544
12-26-2012, 06:18 AM
I think having more sub forum make this forum more organised which is what I prefer . I am pretty sure you are underestimating the intelligance of the new members . They will get to know this place quickly

I agree! Really there has been no great changes in the layout of the Forum since I became a member. And I remember it was fun moving around the Forum to see what all you could find :)

Litotes
12-26-2012, 09:56 PM

I think the distinction is clear. Off topic is general debate about tennis players' non-tennis activities, ergo relating to tennis players but not tennis per se. Non-tennis is then everything not at all related to tennis or tennis players.

I would prefer these two to stay separate. They are also quite big, and merging big subforums is not something I'd recommend. New posters can find lots of goodies more than a year old there, if they're into such stuff, a lot easier than in the archives.

I think the structure of the forum is great, only change I'd make would be to wait a little longer before archiving threads in the smaller subforums, like the statistics section.

scoobs
12-29-2012, 02:33 PM
I just wish someone would continue the job of moving the players that have retired to the section for players that are now retired! I also wish some tennis players would make up their minds about which country they are playing for! Levine should be in the section for Canada's players now!

That will be done in the next couple of months for those who have retired in 2012. I didn't get round to it in the off season, unfortunately - my priority was finishing breaking up all the over-large threads and returning them to their forums, which I did at least manage to complete.

Guest12315544
12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
That will be done in the next couple of months for those who have retired in 2012. I didn't get round to it in the off season, unfortunately - my priority was finishing breaking up all the over-large threads and returning them to their forums, which I did at least manage to complete.

Thanks scoobs :D I'm sorry I had forgotten about you posting about those over-large threads :o

arm
01-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Just out of curiosity, is that reason for having moved Tipsarevic's Forum up and Nole's forum one position down when displaying all the serbian forums? It just seemed so random. :lol:

scoobs
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
That wasn't done by the mod team so it must have happened during maintenance by the site techies, though I don't really understand why :lol:

arm
01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
That wasn't done by the mod team so it must have happened during maintenance by the site techies, though I don't really understand why :lol:

Not complaining :lol: I just found it really weird and I was curious. Firt I thought they wanted it in alphabetical order, but it's not the case. :shrug:

Guest12315544
01-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Actually I think it would be nice if the main players' Forums were in alphabetical order in their section of the Forum. The first player in the U.S. section is Sam Querrey followed by John Isner, but it may be more trouble than it is worth to change them all!