Progressive Betting and Bankroll Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Progressive Betting and Bankroll Thread

lizzard11120
12-27-2011, 07:41 AM
First of i just want to know if people would be interested in participating, ill explain what i think and why, this will be more attractive to those with small bankrolls. If you want to participate you can set your own start limit and it can be kept track of in here.

I currently use a limit of $20 a week for betting, i win i normally keep playing with that amount till i get to $100 or lose it. At $100 i withdraw.

Thought.

We start of with $20 bankroll first week and bet 20 $1 bets over the week. Can be whatever type you like, i myself prefer Tennis bets, rarely parlays.
At the start of the second week another $20 is deposited and 20 more $1 bets are made with the winnings or loses not used. So on, so forth each week until you get to over $100(this is where bankroll management comes into play).
After $100 dollars are in your account you bet 1% on each bet, 20 bets each week. This will offset most variance. $20 is still deposited.
Over the course of the year people will slowly see their account rise and at the end of the year the amount can be withdrawn. Plus we will see who has been successful or not so successful.

Each week you make your bets and post them here ill keep a tally going in an early post with peoples current bankroll, % bet % win etc.

Hopefully this will be a good thing for people not so good with BR management and those with small bankrolls.

Any thoughts?

$@M
12-27-2011, 03:10 PM
20 x $1 bets... Are you nuts?

Staking and selective betting are just as important in bankroll management.

Your proposed shotgun style betting won't win long term unless you're confident of selecting more than 50% winners at odds above evens.

lizzard11120
12-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Ive found 20 bets easy to mange over a period of a week. This is including ITF's, so your effective pool of matches is over 200 and thats not including any other sports you may be interested in.

LetsFixIt
12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
:haha: