Robby in 2012 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Robby in 2012

Mae
12-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Well Robby will start out by trying to qualify for the A.O. After already blowing one chance to make it into the Tournament :rolleyes:

Ad Wim
12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Maybe he'll try to qualify for Brisbane. He is in the alternates...

Mae
12-27-2011, 03:55 PM
He should go back to the sports psychologist he was seeing! He was playing great tennis then. I don't know why he stopped going :help:

idolwatcher1
01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
^ Yes, Mae, he really should. :help:

Robby is currently featured on the Australian Open website homepage when the page first appears. LOL, just what he needs, attention placed on him as a player ranked #315 whose desperately trying to get out of his low ranking!!! :rolls: Of course, if he wins his first match, and then his next, he could play the #1 seed...

Mae
01-11-2012, 06:20 AM
What is the deal with Robby anyway? The sports psychologist is working so he quits going. He has done nothing much since, but he doesn't go back :shrug: I don't think we need to worry about Robby winning two matches in a row :sad: I thought he was in the Qs? I have has internet connection problems, emails problems, and was silly enough to try to be a cheerleader in the Mr. MTF Contest. The guy I was cheering for didn't win a Match in that either, but he was only 16 plus only known in that game they play on here called T.T. I barely feel like tennis has ever started maybe I need a psychologist? BTW it is so nice to see a post from you :) Oh I thought I saw where Robby had finally gotten engaged, but then I could never find anything else about it after that. I don't know if it was a rumor or I misread something or what happened :shrug:

idolwatcher1
01-11-2012, 05:37 PM
What is the deal with Robby anyway? The sports psychologist is working so he quits going. He has done nothing much since, but he doesn't go back :shrug: I don't think we need to worry about Robby winning two matches in a row :sad: I thought he was in the Qs? I have has internet connection problems, emails problems, and was silly enough to try to be a cheerleader in the Mr. MTF Contest. The guy I was cheering for didn't win a Match in that either, but he was only 16 plus only known in that game they play on here called T.T. I barely feel like tennis has ever started maybe I need a psychologist? BTW it is so nice to see a post from you :) Oh I thought I saw where Robby had finally gotten engaged, but then I could never find anything else about it after that. I don't know if it was a rumor or I misread something or what happened :shrug:

Nice to see you too :wavey:
Unfortunately, I think Robby felt like he had "arrived" by the end of 2005. I think it was a huge mistake to stop seeing a sports psychologist, or at least one in general. Robby has always had a history of letting his emotions get the best of his tennis game. And that started up in a big way at the beginning of 2006 :rolleyes: . He probably feels humiliated going to one again at this point. He claims to have "tried" many things to help himself, but he obviously didn't try to diagnose the real problem. He must put in the work, work hard, and make it a point to be the bigger person on court, the one who can outsmart his opponent, not the one who becomes a victim of his own disdain and pessimism...

Mae
01-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Well he is going no where now. He lost to F. Serra 6-7 and 3-6 :facepalm: I think I would feel far less humiliated by going to a sports psychologist than losing Match, after Match, after Match, after Match etc.

idolwatcher1
01-12-2012, 05:02 AM
His statistics in this match weren't too bad, except for one glaring thing... BREAK POINT CONVERSIONS (and game points) :explode: he converted 1 out of 8 break points! The one conversion he made was during Serra's FIRST service game! Robby was serving up 2-0, 40*-0, and, if you can believe it, he lost the next 9 points in a row! :help: If he had just converted one of his three game points, he would have won the first set, and it could've been a completely different outcome. :rolleyes:

although he had more winners than unforced errors in this match, he still needs to work on focusing in those crucial points!!! He made more errors on those points than any other...

Robby NEEDS to play real matches continuously in order to get the kinks out! He needs to consistently play matches where his advancement is on the line, NOT just practice matches. He takes too many long breaks between tournaments, and he's not getting the match play he needs to get used to the pressure, and to the sport in general. He must work his way back up the ranks the real way, match by match. Not wildcard by wildcard. This is a must if he wants to see any genuine improvement in his game, his mindset, and his results. Even if Robby did end up seeing a sports psychologist, he can't just learn things in theory, he must go out there and do the work needed to get better and put the advice he gets into his real matches, otherwise, it does no good.

Mae
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Robby can't play real matches continuously, if he always loses in the 1st Round of each Tournament. Or loses in the Qs and his best chance to get into the A.O. was in a wildcard Tournament near where he lives and he couldn't even win that :rolleyes: And I noticed last year he even tried some CHs and couldn't even win them! He won some Matches, but not any CH Tournaments that I can remember :sad: And don't forget with Robby's ranking so low it is hard for him to even get into Tournaments now so I'm not sure he is necessarily choosing to take too many long breaks between Tournaments :unsure:

idolwatcher1
01-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I know it sounds like a dichotomy, but, he needs to be entering as many challengers (or futures :help:) as he can, until he starts winning. There were at least a few challengers in North America that he could've entered after the US Open last year, but he didn't play a single real match until he played for the wildcard chance in December. He can't be skipping opportunities to get his rank up and to get more comfortable on court!

Ever since Robby lost to Ivo Karlovic (on indoor hardcourt) in his very first challenger final in late 2001, he's been unbeatable in singles finals that he's earned a spot into, winning 4 challengers, and 3 ATP tournaments. The only exception came when he was forced to retire due to an ankle injury in the 2010 Tallahassee challenger final in the middle of the 2nd set after winning the 1st set. It just goes to show you what Robby can accomplish when he's actually gained confidence from playing and winning matches. If Robby can just win two challengers within the next two months, his ranking will go up over 150 placements, and he can greatly increase his chances to gain direct entry into Roland Garros, which he's made the 4th round at twice now.

If nothing else he needs to make a deal with his coach in the practice matches he does play, where he has to pay a large amount of money if he loses. He needs some incentive to get used to the pressure of playing to win. He doesn't do enough of that, but I feel he needs to.

Mae
01-14-2012, 05:51 AM
But I don't think he won any CHs last year did he? I remember one where I think he got to the Final, but lost it :sad: :rolleyes:

idolwatcher1
01-16-2012, 06:06 AM
But I don't think he won any CHs last year did he? I remember one where I think he got to the Final, but lost it :sad: :rolleyes:
Yeah, Robby barely played any challengers last year, but he did make one challenger final last year in Vancouver. However, he didn't earn a spot to the finals there, instead he was defaulted into the finals because his semifinals opponent withdrew from injury. This makes a difference, because Robby's confidence comes from winning and earning advancements in tournaments. I think if Robby had won his semifinal match in Vancouver instead of just walking over to the finals, he would have had more confidence in his finals match. Robby struggled massively on key points in that final... had many opportunities to break back and even the score, but never capitalized on those points...

Mae
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
And now we know that Robby can't even accept gifts of retirements :sad: I feel more and more like the one who should be getting retirement gifts is Robby! Why in the world would any one want to lose Match, after Match, after Match, etc. No wonder he has no confident in himself. He needs to win to get the confident, but he can't win because he has no confident. It is a never ending circle :sad:

idolwatcher1
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
well, typically, his best chance to start winning would be in earlier rounds against opponents who also let their emotions get the best of their tennis, and these are typically the lower ranked players who play challengers. Then, if he keeps it together and beats them, his confidence can start growing from there. But I really do think he needs to win 3 or 4 matches in succession to really give him that extra confidence that he can overcome mistakes here and there and still be able to recover and win.

BTW, that walkover in Vancouver was the first default advancement he's had since 2003! Most players don't have a gap nearly that wide.

Mae
01-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Well Robby should be hitting the CH tournaments then, but will he do it?

Mae
01-21-2012, 04:52 PM

BTW thanks for answering the question about Robby being engaged in the thread about the players' pictures with their wives or g/fs. That was a truly lovely picture of them! I think you missed me asking about this as you were busy posting about Robby's tennis, but I finally found your post elsewhere :lol: :p

idolwatcher1
01-21-2012, 09:46 PM
^ :lol: yeah, I forgot that was even asked, but, I honestly don't know how long they've been engaged or when the date to get married is... there's even a chance they tied the knot already and just haven't been public about it yet.

Well Robby should be hitting the CH tournaments then, but will he do it?
It appears as though Robby will start his first challenger of the year in a couple days in Hawaii, and then 2 weeks later he'll be in the Dallas challenger... these are good opportunities for him to get his ranking back up. I won't say anymore than that right now... :tape:

This is a video of Robby last December prior to the wildcard final... his elbow is being iced, but he answers questions from reporters:

OlOApP-flcY

Mae
01-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Robby indeed went to the Honolulu CH and actually won his 1st Rd Match against an S. Johnson 6-2 and 6-4 :)

Mae
01-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Next Robby plays his friend Bobby Reynolds.

Mae
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Robby had won the 1st Set and it was 3-2 Robby in the 2nd Set, but play was stopped for some reason maybe darkness :shrug:

dusb2p
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
The match was halted due to rain

SapELee
01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Robby won 6-2 6-2.

http://assets.usta.com/assets/648/3/NewsPhotoStackDimension/Robby%20Ginepri.JPG

idolwatcher1
01-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Yay for Robby closing out the match without a hiccup this morning, and then going out a few hours later and winning his quarterfinal match :)

Shubert (http://www.10sballs.com/2012/01/27/robby-ginepri-vs-bobby-reynolds-shubert-blog/) was there to see the first day of the Reynolds match, and wrote this about it:
The encounter between these two has produced the best tennis in the tournament so far at this year’s Honolulu Challenger. Ginepri is a beast when it comes to returning, stamina, and grinding. Bobby seems faster out on the court but Ginepri had him on a string the entire first set, winning it 6-2. The match is currently suspended due to rain and will continue the next day. Here’s some insight into the match so far:

Ginepri has a world class backhand. He takes it early, doesn’t miss a single return of serve, and can take it cross court and up the line with ease. His forehand is able to absorb pace and pin Reynolds to a corner or keep him guessing side to side. Tonight, the Ginepri serve was on, hitting second serve aces at times. This coupled with his returns makes for really high level tennis. The rallies would last 20 or 30 balls of just side to side, corner to corner, finally ending with an error because no man was willing to give up court.

Reynolds has top 100 level movement. Unfortunately all of this was on display in the first set and not much of else. His recovery steps and his ability to push through his shots despite being on the run make him able to hang with Ginepri, but the balls are never really there for the taking. Reynolds looks stretched all the time whereas Ginepri is just “there”, striking and hitting where he wants to instead of reacting to Reynolds’ shots.

Reynolds is able to pop his serve in there for aces, but more often than not he’s forced to play long points and low percentage shots due to the Ginepri return.

It was really exciting stuff tonight, the crowd at the Kailua Racquet Club was large and enjoyed every point these two USA veterans played.

Mae
01-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Well I found out Robby's QF was defeating A. Delic 6-4 and 6-4. Too bad what Shubert said about Robby in the CH doesn't seem to apply to Robby now at the ATP level :sad: May be there could still be hope for him, if he could ever get his head together, but age wise he is running out of time to turn things around :sad:

idolwatcher1
01-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Robby did well to make a comeback in his semifinals match to win it! :eek: His opponent was serving for the match, and Robby was able to break and eventually win the 2nd set, and then convincingly win the deciding set. :) I didn't see any of the match, so I can't say if his opponent just melting away or if Robby was just giving it all he had, but either way, I'm happy Robby is in the finals!

Hopefully he feels good tomorrow and can give it all he has to win and keeping his unforced errors down!

Mae
01-29-2012, 05:05 AM
Yes it took him 3 Sets to win against Sugita. It is nice for Robby to get to a Final :) I hope now he can win a Final :unsure:

SapELee
01-29-2012, 05:23 PM
:cheerleader: Good luck in the final.

SapELee
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
http://assets.usta.com/assets/648/3/NewsPhotoStackDimension/R_Ginepri_5220.png

Soeda, Ginepri into Honolulu Challenger Finals (http://www.hawaii.usta.com/honolulu_challenger/soeda_ginepri_into_honolulu_challenger_finals/)
Prior to the Honolulu Challenger, Soeda competed in the qualifying rounds of the Australian Open and was a semifinalist at the Aircel Chennai Open, an ATP World Tour event where he beat No. 22 Stanislas Wawrinka in the quarterfinals.
En route to tomorrow’s finals, Robby Ginepri beat his third seed of the tournament, No. 7 Yuichi Sugita of Japan, 2-6, 7-5, 6-2.

“Yuichi was playing well in the beginning and outplayed me in the first set and a half. He had a chance to serve out the match so he was right there,” said Ginepri about being down a set and 4-5 against Sugita, No. 209 and is also on the Japan Davis Cup team. “He has a bright career and this guy is going to be a great player so look out for him.”

Ginepri has won three career ATP singles titles. In addition, he has reached the fourth round or better at all four Grand Slam events, peaked at No. 15 in the world rankings in 2006 and competed for the U.S. Davis Cup team in 2004 and 2009.

“A match is really never over until you shake a guy’s hand,” said Ginepri who holds a current rank of No. 313. “I kept that in the back of my mind and fought hard. I wasn’t playing great tennis but I found a way to win today.”

Ginepri returned to the USTA Pro Circuit in 2011, working to regain form after an arm injury kept him out of action from October 2010 through the middle of last year. In his first tournament back, Ginepri reached the quarterfinals at the $50,000 Challenger in Winnetka, Illinois and he later advanced to the final of the $100,000 Challenger in Vancouver.

Mae
01-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Robby lost in the Final to Soeda 6-3 and 7-6 :rolleyes:

dusb2p
01-30-2012, 05:31 AM
expect he could force & win the tie-breaker.
Good to be into final, anyway

idolwatcher1
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
I totally jinxed him :help: His serve betrayed him in the final.

the good news is that Robby moved upward in the rankings more than any other person in the Top 300 this week (+61 spots), and is currently the highest ranked player to play less than 10 tournaments in the last 12 months.

A challenger win could move him up another 70-80 spots, and get up around 175. He needs to keep it going!

Mae
01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
He definitely needs to keep it up! But you know I wonder if Robby isn't thinking of the wrapping up of his tennis career? He waited a long time to become engaged unlike other players maybe thinking that a career of a Pro Tennis Player is not the best career for a married man to have? And I have to say I agree with that myself! I will, of course, continue to follow Robby's career until he hangs up his Pro Tour Tennis Racquet for good.

dusb2p
01-31-2012, 11:13 AM
There is also another bright side: without a dominant US player right now, he can steal the light from the other colleagues easier than before on condition that his way to be up & up.

Mae
01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
If his way is up and up? And isn't Mardy still in the Top 10?

idolwatcher1
02-01-2012, 03:52 AM
If his way is up and up? And isn't Mardy still in the Top 10?
Yes, Mardy is still Top 10. I'm guessing the comment is assuming that Robby climbs higher and higher up the rankings, this could become a storyline that gets him attention. Not sure I would go there, but I guess the possibility exists. Sam Querrey will also be coming back to some extent, and that will likely give him attention if he does well. Although, Robby's fallen the farthest from grace it seems out of the US players that have been ranked in the Top 20, so a true comeback would certainly be a powerful story.

idolwatcher1
02-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Nice article from Shubert (http://www.10sballs.com/2012/01/30/hit-with-robby-ginepri-honolulu-challenger-conclusion/) where he talks about hitting with Robby and the conclusion of the Honolulu tournament. Sounds like the match ended with a controversial line call :unsure:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4130/showimage248.jpg

I didn’t ask to take a picture with Robby Ginepri today. I was in a different mindset this time and had different ideas about the whole situation as I hit with the legendary grinder this morning. It was a last minute thing this morning as I got a call requesting to see if I could hit with Robby before his final round match against Japanese #99 Go Soeda of the $50,000 Honolulu Challenger. As usual, I sprung at the opportunity and jetted over the H3 freeway through the mountains over into quiet Kailua.

When I arrived, Travis Rettenmaier and Amer Delic were warming up on a court getting ready for their doubles final and Robby was happy to see that I came and could warm him up. I was nervous and warmed up as best I could doing my shoulder band exercises and getting my legs ready. My strokes or timing aren’t clean in the wind, it’s something I need to be exposed to more (I played 4 years of college tennis basically indoors the entire time). Granted I am from Hawaii but with the balls traveling faster and deeper it’s something that takes getting used to.

Robby and I hit through the middle of the court at first, I tried to hit Soeda’s flatter and low-trajectory ball while maintaining consistency to give him a good hit. Then we switched to cross courts then some volleys where I moved him side to side, giving him some realistic balls on the run. He joked around a little bit with Travis and had a few words with me and it was a really cool experience, I felt like we were just hanging out as normal tennis dudes hitting some balls, he doesn’t have a huge ego and it was cordial. At one point during our hit, I did lose my concentration off the ball and realize, this guy hitting backhands to me right now is a guy I was watching on TV, and he’s hitting really well on top of being a really cool dude. Of course I had to block these kinds of thoughts out and just tried to follow through on my backhand! Haha

What I admire the most about Robby is his workman like attitude. When his Under Armour hat goes on his head, it is his work hat. He gets his pail his racket his hat, and he goes to work. He’s one of the most solid grinders ever in my opinion and if you remember his US Open semifinal run, how many 5 set matches did he have to go through to get there?! This whole week he was mentally fit to work through his points and not get agitated or supremely fired up. No codes, no huge come on’s, just workman-like in his approach to the game.

Rettenmaier and Delic won the doubles title over Jack Sock and Nick Monroe. It was very windy throughout and it was tough for either team to develop a solid rhythm on return games. There were some exciting volley to volley exchanges that usually ended with Delic or Rettenmaier smashing away a ball.

Unfortunately Ginepri wasn’t able to win his final match against Soeda. Soeda was able to play a bit more solidly and hit through his shots more cleanly. So I guess you can blame the warm up (I know I know) but it was amazing to see Soeda’s footwork and movement again. There were many points at 30all and ad points where Soeda just came up with the goods. Most of the match commentary for Soeda would’ve been: “That’s too good” – “He’s on fire right now” – Late in the second set: “Oh wow he finally made an unforced error”. So that was the kind of player Robby had to deal with today and while he came back from being breaks down and take the 2nd set to a tiebreak, Soeda was able to hang tough and close the match out with a controversial passing shot winner that appeared to be out by the ball mark but the line judge missed the call. Game Set Match Go (Soeda).

It was interesting being a part of Team Ginepri for the past few days and it’s something I will hold onto. I didn’t ask for a picture because maybe this is something that can continue later in the future when I go out on tour and see them again. At least that’s my personal thought or hope right now – Usually I give you guys a photo of me hitting with current or former pros. I believe I can learn alot from the Ginepri game and attitude, something that will benefit my own game. We parted ways and he called me later in the day to ask which beach would be appropriate for a chill-out session. I told him about a few of my personal favorite secluded spots and sent him, his fiance, and Travis on their way with good luck and safe travels.

Time to get back to full-time training tomorrow as I have hits lined up at UH and physical workouts at Punahou School. Aloha from the 2012 Honolulu Challenger!

Shubert

Mae
02-01-2012, 09:04 AM
So the line calls are even bad at CHs! They were awful at the A.O. :ras:

idolwatcher1
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM
So the line calls are even bad at CHs! They were awful at the A.O. :ras:
apparently so... :help: but at least at the A.O. some courts had hawkeye. Yes, the lower ranked players generally have to settle for whatever call they get whether they agree with it or not.

7,000th post in the Robby forum!!! :rocker2::cheerleader: Thanks, Mae, for helping keeping the forum alive :hug:

Mae
02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
apparently so... :help: but at least at the A.O. some courts had hawkeye. Yes, the lower ranked players generally have to settle for whatever call they get whether they agree with it or not.

7,000th post in the Robby forum!!! :rocker2::cheerleader: Thanks, Mae, for helping keeping the forum alive :hug:

Your welcome :) :hug:

:yippee: :bounce: :banana: :rocker: :rocker2: :music: :dance: :woohoo:

IMHO hawkeye should not be used at all unless it is available on all courts! But no one cares what I think :sad: :mad:

idolwatcher1
02-02-2012, 05:37 AM
I know how you feel :lol: In a sport where a single point can make the difference between a loss or a win, line calls can be very important. I wish hawkeye was easy to place on every court, that way they could put them on all of them. Sometimes I wish I had it when I'm playing tennis, and I can't tell where the ball landed :lol:

I'm curious what Robby's draw in the Dallas challenger is going to look like. Some good players sprinkled are in there.

Mae
02-02-2012, 06:34 AM
I just checked the Dallas CHs Tournament. You are right about the players in there :scared: I wish I could have done my first T.T. Tournament there, but I didn't have time to entry there and the week I got I don't know a lot of the players :scared: I doubt if I get one win in T.T. I have so lost touch with the players even on the ATP Tour that I look at names on entry lists and think whose are these people anyway?

Mae
02-04-2012, 12:11 PM
I found out that at of the time I did the above post I could have made that CH for T.T., but not now :sad:

Mae
02-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Oh well I backed out of T.T. anyway. I hadn't even heard of more than 4 players in the Draw. And only heard of 1 of the Alts! I would have been totally lost :lol: Sometimes I have to wonder if that isn't how Robby feels out on the tennis court--totally lost :sad:

idolwatcher1
02-06-2012, 05:30 AM
^ :tape: not sure... I can only guess, but from what I've witnessed, it seems like when Robby isn't playing well, it's either because he's not feeling well physically, or it's because he just isn't focused out there... I think he's one of those players that can be too aware of what's going on around him, and he let's too many different things distract him at the same time. Once he starts doing that in a match, it's really hard for him to knock it off, because he only adds more for himself to think about as he loses momentum, etc. As cliche as it sounds, of all people, Robby really just needs to focus on one point at a time, and make sure he's doing all he can to put himself in good position to win each point, and if he loses a point, to think only about being in the next point. When he does that, that is when he is most successful.

Robby plays Rhyne Williams in the first round at Dallas.

idolwatcher1
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Robby wins his first round match. His serve seemed to improve slightly in the 3rd set, but overall, his serve isn't rising to the occassion like it needs to for him to play more dominantly on indoor hard courts... Next up for him today is Carsten Ball, who had an impressive 11 aces in straight sets in his last match against the top seed. It's going to be tough for Robby to win, unless he's serving really well and on top of his game. Good luck to him, but this could go either way... :unsure:

Mae
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah I saw the R. Williams and Robby's Match was 7-6, 6-7, and 6-0. Well the 6-0 looked good anyway :lol: I don't know if the other guy was hurt or tired or what happen to him in that last Set :shrug: Because Robby isn't the type to serve up too many tasty bagels :sad: :lick:

SapELee
02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404556_10150772727110031_92134015030_12594720_1552 448603_n.jpg

I didn't know that he was sponsored by Underamour.

idolwatcher1
02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404556_10150772727110031_92134015030_12594720_1552 448603_n.jpg

I didn't know that he was sponsored by Underamour.

Yeah, he's been sponsored by UnderArmor since July 2005. :p The company has really grown since then!

I need to upload the video he did before the 2005 US Open where he talks about signing with them after his Nike contract ended in mid-2005.

Mae
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I have a live stream of the Dallas CH, but Robby's Match isn't on yet and it isn't a very good live stream. It will freeze for a few moments even now and then. When it isn't freezing the picture is really good! I remember when I had that stupid MSNTV2 I wanted to have a computer for things like tennis streaming, but after I got the computer for the longest time I forgot about the streaming :tape: :ignore: :help:

idolwatcher1
02-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Here's the video of Robby's interview in August 2005 talking about his deal with UnderArmour: :)

WqzkpL8p0VY

Robby's match today seemed a bit aggrivating for him. Up to the very last three points of the match, Robby had won more points than his opponent, and his opponent served 16 aces and won points mainly on his serve. Not once did his opponent reach a break point. Robby had 9 break points (4 in 1st set, 5 in 2nd set), and he failed to convert on any of them, mainly because his opponent served his way out of trouble, and Robby just couldn't return the 130+ mph bombs. It was unforced errors from Robby in the tie-breaks that made it go his opponents' way. Robby's serve was just not helping him out at the right times in the tie-break, and just a few points made the difference between a straight sets loss and a straight sets win... :(

dusb2p
02-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Wish he can get a WC in forthcoming Indian Wells

Mae
02-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Well the streaming site got to working very well, but it was time for the evening meal here so I didn't even get to watch quite all the 1st Set and when Robby dropped the TB in the 1st Set I knew it was all over so at that point I just stopped watching. Two Sets each ending in a TB that both went to the other guy (C. Ball) and Robby is out of this CH :sad:
Also a commentator made the comment that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. I only knew of one was there actually two :confused: And where does Robby go from here?

idolwatcher1
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Also a commentator made the comment that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. I only knew of one was there actually two :confused: And where does Robby go from here?
I think it's very possible that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. It's not too uncommon if the first surgery doesn't completely help 100% to have another. That may have been what happened and why it took him longer than previously expected for him to come back last year. Not totally sure, but just speculating.

Robby received a wild card for next week's San Jose tournament. This will be Robby's first main tour tournament since the US Open last year for him to play a main draw match. Good luck to him, but he could easily draw a top seed in his first round... :help:

SapELee
02-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, he's been sponsored by UnderArmor since July 2005. :p The company has really grown since then!

I need to upload the video he did before the 2005 US Open where he talks about signing with them after his Nike contract ended in mid-2005.

I was kinda surprised b/c there are not a lot of tennis players signed with Underamour (mostly football players). Yeah, the company is growing fast. I like their commericals, especially the ones with the Ray Lewis' narration.

SapELee
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Here's the video of Robby's interview in August 2005 talking about his deal with UnderArmour: :)

WqzkpL8p0VY

Robby's match today seemed a bit aggrivating for him. Up to the very last three points of the match, Robby had won more points than his opponent, and his opponent served 16 aces and won points mainly on his serve. Not once did his opponent reach a break point. Robby had 9 break points (4 in 1st set, 5 in 2nd set), and he failed to convert on any of them, mainly because his opponent served his way out of trouble, and Robby just couldn't return the 130+ mph bombs. It was unforced errors from Robby in the tie-breaks that made it go his opponents' way. Robby's serve was just not helping him out at the right times in the tie-break, and just a few points made the difference between a straight sets loss and a straight sets win... :(

Thanks for the summary, missed his match yesterday. Hopefully, he gets back in the top 100 soon.

Mae
02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I think it's very possible that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. It's not too uncommon if the first surgery doesn't completely help 100% to have another. That may have been what happened and why it took him longer than previously expected for him to come back last year. Not totally sure, but just speculating.

Robby received a wild card for next week's San Jose tournament. This will be Robby's first main tour tournament since the US Open last year for him to play a main draw match. Good luck to him, but he could easily draw a top seed in his first round... :help:

What is it about two surgeries and tennis players? I remember when Fish broke his wrist and he had to have two surgeries. And poor Jennifer Capriati had to have so many surgeries that she never could play tennis again :sad:

Well Good Luck to Robby in San Jose, but a W/C usually means he will be facing a top player right away :sad: So I doubt that Robby will even get a chance to get going in that Tournament :tears:

idolwatcher1
02-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah, the chances are good that he could face a top seed right away, but Robby did make the semifinals of San Jose in 2008 as a wild card :), so he proved that it's possible to go far. I'm just not convinced of what form he's in right now... It's so important to serve well at the indoor hardcourt tournaments, and I'm not sure Robby's serve is much of an asset right now. Hopefully, he works on that in practice!

SapELee
02-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Robby's section at San Jose

(1) Gael Monfils FRA - Bye
Qualifier - Qualifer
(WC) Robby Ginepri USA - Xavier Malisse BEL
Ryan Harrison USA - (8) Olivier Rochus BEL

Mae
02-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Robby's section at San Jose

(1) Gael Monfils FRA - Bye
Qualifier - Qualifer
(WC) Robby Ginepri USA - Xavier Malisse BEL
Ryan Harrison USA - (8) Olivier Rochus BEL

Interesting Robby playing a guy like Xavier because you never know if the XMan is going to show up or if the ZeroMan is going to show up :lol: Actually it is really sad because Xavier has/had a lot of natural talent, but he never did anything with it. All he has basically done is change coaches all the time!

idolwatcher1
02-15-2012, 04:14 AM
Robby in San Jose:

HqVen-L2QSg

Robby won the coin toss but elected to receive. This match could go either way. I don't want either to lose, but I really want Robby to win! Whatever happens, happens...

Mae
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Well Robby confirmed that he did indeed have two surgeries on his elbow. And he defeated Malisse 6-1 and 6-2! And he does make the 2nd Round of a Tournament :) I also noticed that Robby is playing Doubles with some guy named T. Rettenmaier who I have never heard of :confused: That Match has not taken place yet.

SapELee
02-15-2012, 09:19 PM
:cheerleader:

Mae
02-16-2012, 04:24 AM
Sadly Robby was defeated in his Doubles Match :sad: His next Singles Match should be interesting because he is playing Ryan Harrison!

SapELee
02-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Felt bad for Robby. He played better than Ryan and had two matchpoints but Ryan was too clutch and Robby just collapsed in the tiebreak.

Mae
02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
You have just summed up nearly all of Robby's career when you said "Robby just collapsed". He has made a habit of doing that for years now and it doesn't have to be only in a TB either :sad:

SapELee
02-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Robby will play Michael Russell in the first round of qualifying (Memphis).

SapELee
02-18-2012, 11:53 PM
he defeated Michael 3 & 3.

Mae
02-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Well I'm glad Robby went right into the qualifying for Memphis. He needs Match play right now. So maybe if he can keep winning it will be a big help to him. Of course, with Robby the "keep winning" is difficult :sad:

Mae
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Robby won his 2nd Q Rd by defeating A. Kuznetsov 7-6 and 6-4 :) Go Robby :cheerleader:

SapELee
02-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Great job qualifying and hoping that he does not draw James Blake. I will be heart broken and will not know who to cheer for.

Mae
02-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't know who he plays next and I really don't know how to find out who he plays :shrug:

Mae
02-20-2012, 12:52 AM
I went to the Tournament site, but they don't have the players names listed. The entry list just shows the word Qualifier. Stepanek will play a Q. (Blake is playing Ryan Sweeting).
Kevin Anderson will be playing a Q. Sergiy Stakhovsky will be playing a Q. And Lukasz Kubot will be playing a Q.

SapELee
02-20-2012, 12:54 AM
I went to the Tournament site, but they don't have the players names listed. The entry list just shows the word Qualifier. Stepanek will play a Q. (Blake is playing Ryan Sweeting).
Kevin Anderson will be playing a Q. Sergiy Stakhovsky will be playing a Q. And Lukasz Kubot will be playing a Q.

You are right, I misread the draw. I'm happy now :p.

Mae
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Well I hope I read the draw right as to who plays a Q! For some reason I have trouble reading draws :o

SapELee
02-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Robby will be playing Anderson, it is going to be a tough match.

idolwatcher1
02-20-2012, 05:37 AM
I'm glad that Robby didn't skip a beat, and went straight to playing more matches after San Jose. He needs match play as much as he can get it these days. It'll help him become more and more numb to the pressures that come in the crucial moments (at least that's my theory), and that could only help him focus on working each point and finishing each point with good execution.

I was hoping he wouldn't draw Anderson. He's a guy who can easily hold serve indoors... Robby will need that serve to be working well for him so as to decrease the chances of Anderson getting break points, and to increase the confidence he'll need to win this one. Good luck to him, but Anderson will be the favorite. :facepalm:

Mae
02-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Poor Robby what I can say? I think if you were playing him I would put my vcash on you :tape: :ignore: :help: :facepalm:

SapELee
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Robby lost 5-7 3-6.

Mae
02-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes idolwatcher1 was right about the Match as always! She knows Robby like a book and yet I don't even know if she has ever even met him in real life?

SapELee
02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
He got a main draw wildcard into Delray Beach. Hoping for an easier first round opponent (no big server please).

SapELee
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
His wildcard spot is replaced with Levine, I guess he pulled out.

dusb2p
02-27-2012, 05:33 AM
well rest for Indian Wells

SapELee
02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
IW main draw wild cards: Nalbandian, Querrey, Sock, Kudla, Ginepri.

:D

idolwatcher1
03-03-2012, 05:29 AM
I wasn't clear on exactly why he requested a wildcard to Delray Beach and then once he was awarded it, pulling out... it made me think maybe he wasn't physcially feeling well :unsure:

It's nice to see him get into Indian Wells, but it's not going to mean much unless he can win his first round match. I hope he's been practicing his serve and in good shape for whoever will be his first round opponent.

SapELee
03-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Robby gets a qualifier in the 1st round with Wawrinka waiting in the 2nd. Possible third round against the Frenchman Simon.

SapELee
03-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Robby won his 1st round match against Lorenzi 1-6 6-3 6-4.

idolwatcher1
03-09-2012, 05:13 AM
I didn't follow this match, but just looking at the stats... oh. my. word! :rolls: :tape: His first serve percentage was horrible- 51%, and his break point chances. OMG! He had 16 break points! converted on only 4 of them. He also had more double faults than aces. It's almost amazing that he won this match! We'll see if he improves against Wawrinka in the next round...

Mae
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I was going to say it took Robby 3 Sets to win a Match against a player I have never even heard of :facepalm: :tape: :ignore: :help: I have, however, obviously heard of Stan and I don't think Robby will win his 2nd Rd Match :sad:

Mae
03-11-2012, 08:18 AM
And sadly I was right :sad:

SapELee
03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Robby :sad:, was kinda glad I didn't see the match; not sure if I can bear through another collapse.

Mae
03-16-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't know what he is going to do now :shrug:

Mae
03-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Robby's website hasn't been updated since Feb. and I can't find him listed on any of the Tournaments here at MTF. There is a CH coming up in Florida which I would have thought would have been perfect for Robby, but his name wasn't there. How do players get into CH Tournaments anyway? That's one thing I have never known having not done much following of the CH Tournaments.

SapELee
03-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Robby is 2 out from the maindraw in the 100k Sarasota Challenger (http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/Sarasota,%20FL%20Challenger%20Entry%20List1.PDF).

SapELee
04-07-2012, 12:53 AM
2005 US Open semifinalist Robby Ginepri is among the players who will be entered in the qualifying draw when it is made Friday night.
Play begins Saturday at 10 am and is FREE!

From www.mensclaycourt.com

SapELee
04-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Robby plays Kuznetsov in qualifying R1: http://www.mensclaycourt.com/images/uploads/pdfs/QS4.pdf

dusb2p
04-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Robby has recently defeated Alex in 2 sets at Memphis

SapELee
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM
He won 67(4) 76(1) 64, up next is Soeda.

SapELee
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Lost 46 46 :sad:

SapELee
04-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Sarasota Challenger

Will play Pospisil in the first round: Draw (http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw154.PDF)

SapELee
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Lost in the 3rd set tiebreak. As soon as the tiebreak started, knew that he was gonna lose. I think we all knew it :lol:. Sigh, don't think he will change.

SapELee
04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Will play Russell in the 1st round of 50k Savannah (Maindraw (http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/5067/mds.pdf)). Russell seems to be in good form at the moment.

SapELee
04-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Will play Russell in the 1st round of 50k Savannah (Maindraw (http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/5067/mds.pdf)). Russell seems to be in good form at the moment.

Nevermind, the draw is now different than it first came out. Will play Kuznetsov.

SapELee
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Won 63 75, was serving for the match at 54 but gotten broken and I was like uh oh. Glad to see him to close it out.

dusb2p
04-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Not many US players through to 2nd round. His next opponents, W Odesnik is not in good form this year.

SapELee
04-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Won 76(2) 75 :D, will play Baker next.

dusb2p
04-27-2012, 01:26 AM
What will be his next tournaments? Will he fly to Europe to compete?

SapELee
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Robby lost 4&4 :hug:

SapELee
05-21-2012, 11:13 PM
RG Q

Jurgen Zopp EST (3) vs Philipp Oswald AUT
Martin Fischer AUT vs Robby Ginepri USA
Gianluca Naso ITA vs Yuichi Sugita JPN
Josselin Ouanna FRA vs Teymuraz Gabashvili RUS (32)

bavaria100
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Good luck to Robby at the French Open. :)

SapELee
05-22-2012, 09:28 PM
63 36 68 :help:

Mae
06-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm surprised to come in here and see anyone still posting! And I hadn't seen a post from bavaria 100 for a long time! Nice to see a post again :wavey: :)

SapELee
06-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Robby will play De Schepper in Q1

Full draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/311/qs.pdf

Good luck!

Mae
06-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Robby is out again already!

SapELee
06-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Looks like it is going to be a long 2012 season.

Mae
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
It has been long seasons since Robby was #15 in the World. It is now hard for me to believe that Robby was ever #15 in the World :sad:

SapELee
06-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Wimbly Q:

Roberto Bautista-Agut ESP [10] vs. Luke Bambridge GBR [WC]
Robby Ginepri USA vs. Sergei Bubka UKR
Dusan Lajovic SRB vs. Jimmy Wang TPE
Yannick Mertens BEL vs. Teymuraz Gabashvili RUS [19]

Mae
06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh gee I hope not another "L" :scared:

bavaria100
06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm surprised to come in here and see anyone still posting! And I hadn't seen a post from bavaria 100 for a long time! Nice to see a post again :wavey: :)

Hi Mae. :wavey: I haven't posted much lately but I'm still following my guys. :)

It has been long seasons since Robby was #15 in the World. It is now hard for me to believe that Robby was ever #15 in the World

I know. :sad: It seems to me as if Robby's mental struggles have gotten even worse in the late stages of his career. There have been so many matches this year where he got himself into a winning position only to choke it away in the end. :sad:

SapELee
06-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Sigh. It seems like he can't win matches anymore :sad:.

Mae
06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I figured another L was coming and I was right :sad: I don't know why he continues to play. His only "record" is he is the male player to go out the most in 1st Round Matches in Tournaments. Not particularly something to be proud of.

Mae
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Robby has entered into a CH Tournament in Lexington starting on the 23 of July.

SapELee
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Not surprised and there will probably be a lot of Americans there since Lexington Challenger is one of the tournaments where you can earn points for the USO wildcard.

Mae
07-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Actually I'm surprised there aren't more Americans there!

SapELee
07-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Robby draws a qualifier in Binghampton, full draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/670/mds.pdf

SapELee
07-19-2012, 09:26 PM
He lost in the 2nd round to King-Turner :sad:.

dweijnen
07-19-2012, 10:37 PM
He lost in the 2nd round to King-Turner :sad:.

He called for the trainer a few times, his shoulder is going bad again :sad:

Mae
07-26-2012, 12:53 AM
That must have been why he pulled out of the Lexington CH.

SapELee
07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Robby won his Q1 match and will play Levine for a spot in the Washington main draw.

Mae
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I just now saw on a scoring site that Robby was in the Q's for Washington :) I need to check in here more often, but since I read the post about his shoulder I didn't expect him to be trying to play so soon.

Mae
07-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Levine defeated Robby :sad:

SapELee
08-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Robby got a wc into Aptos Challenger, will play Jamie Baker.

Full draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw193.PDF

Mae
08-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Poor Robby has now been reduced to getting W/Cs into CH Tournaments :sad: Anyway I wish him Good Luck :)

SapELee
08-08-2012, 01:13 AM
:woohoo: finally a win

SapELee
08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Robby has a wildcard into Cincy Q.

SapELee
08-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Robby draws the No.1 seed Chardy in qualifying. Good luck.

Full draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/663/15/QS_ATP.pdf

SapELee
08-12-2012, 01:45 AM
46 46, kinda expected tbh. Watching his match against McClune few days ago, his game is not what it used to be (lacks the firepower/intensity displayed in the past).

bavaria100
08-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Do you think Robby will be given a wildcard into the US Open? I wouldn't be surprised if he has to play qualies in light of his poor form lately.

SapELee
08-14-2012, 11:59 PM
The wildcards were already announced, Robby was not offered one. Considering his form and results, I don't blame them for not giving him one.

bavaria100
08-16-2012, 11:41 PM
The wildcards were already announced, Robby was not offered one. Considering his form and results, I don't blame them for not giving him one.

Me either. I support Robby, but I am honest enough to admit that there are more deserving US players this year.

Mae
08-17-2012, 07:27 AM
46 46, kinda expected tbh. Watching his match against McClune few days ago, his game is not what it used to be (lacks the firepower/intensity displayed in the past).

I think all his injuries and health problems have really hurt him. He has been having shoulder problems recently. Plus he is not as young as he used to be!

Me either. I support Robby, but I am honest enough to admit that there are more deserving US players this year.

I agree 100%.

SapELee
08-19-2012, 07:09 PM
In the US Open entry list thread, Robby got the wc since Ram got in with his own ranking.

SapELee
08-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Robby's section at the Open:

[1]R.FEDERER v D.YOUNG
[Q] v B.PHAU
A.RAMOS v [WC]R.GINEPRI
R.MACHADO v [25]F.VERDASCO

bavaria100
08-27-2012, 10:35 AM
That's nice that he still got in. :) Ramos is actually not a bad draw, but I fear that even if he gets himself into a winning position, he's going to choke it away. :sad:

Mae
08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
In the US Open entry list thread, Robby got the wc since Ram got in with his own ranking.

I was wondering how in the world Robby got a W/C so thanks for telling me :)

That's nice that he still got in. :) Ramos is actually not a bad draw, but I fear that even if he gets himself into a winning position, he's going to choke it away. :sad:

Sadly I'm afraid you are right :sad:

Shorty30
08-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Just a quick update... robby did infact choke the first set he was 5-2 up against ramos and ramos ended up 6-5 up but robby took it into a breaker and won it 7-3 so lets hope he can keep it up :worship:

Shorty30
08-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Robby has just lost the second set 7-5 :( hopefully he don't lose his head now..

Shorty30
08-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Looks like he is going to lose the 3rd set 6-4 :(

Mae
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Yes he will blow it now as he always does anymore I'm afraid :sad: :scared:

bavaria100
08-28-2012, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Robby is getting worked on by the physio. The breaks between play are too long now. :sad:

Shorty30
08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
yeah that last break just FOREVER to update, its a shame because he's had his chances in this match with alot of break points on the ramos serve :( was hoping he could at least reach the 3rd round

Shorty30
08-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Back to challengers i think

Shorty30
08-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Hes definitely injured, he's not won a point this set :(

bavaria100
08-28-2012, 12:25 AM
yeah that last break just FOREVER to update, its a shame because he's had his chances in this match with alot of break points on the ramos serve :( was hoping he could at least reach the 3rd round

That has sadly been the case with Robby in a lot of matches this year. He gets himself into a winning position but he can't close anything out. What makes it even sadder in this particular case is that this could have been his last match at the US Open. :sad:

Shorty30
08-28-2012, 12:27 AM
That has sadly been the case with Robby in a lot of matches this year. He gets himself into a winning position but he can't close anything out. What makes it even sadder in this particular case is that this could have been his last match at the US Open. :(

i think he will be playing next year, thing is if he can get into the draw because if he doesn't get his ranking up he won't be just needs a few wins on the challenger tour under his belt but he can't string it along

SapELee
08-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Robby can get wildcards into US tournaments, but the problem is that he can't get wins these days. :sad:

Shorty30
08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Needs a coach but i don't think he wants one

bavaria100
08-28-2012, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Robby was cramping. He's not used to playing such long matches anymore.

i think he will be playing next year, thing is if he can get into the draw because if he doesn't get his ranking up he won't be just needs a few wins on the challenger tour under his belt but he can't string it along

If Robby continues to play beyond this season, he'll really need to raise his level because I don't think he will be lucking out with a Wild Card again.

Mae
08-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Needs a coach but i don't think he wants one

He doesn't have a coach :eek: And the only time Robby was doing well he was going to see a sports psychologist. For some reason he stopped seeing the sports psychologist and his tennis has never been the same! And also as he had gotten older he has had more injuries plus other heath problems. I hate to say this, but I don't know why he is still on the Tour? He can't be making much money, if all he ever does is lose :sad:

Mae
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Well Andy has said he is retiring and he has always played a lot better than Robby. So to me it would seem logical that Robby would see the hand writing on the wall and would take a hint. But I don't think Robby is big on logic :rolleyes:

Mae
09-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I can't even find the website that I was told was run by Robby's sister. May be even his sister has given up?

bavaria100
09-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Well Andy has said he is retiring and he has always played a lot better than Robby. So to me it would seem logical that Robby would see the hand writing on the wall and would take a hint. But I don't think Robby is big on logic :rolleyes:

I kinda had the same thought when I heard of Andy's retirement. I don't see much of a point in Robby continuing beyond this season. He may have never been a Grand Slam contender, but he was a top 100 player for many many years. I can't believe that he's happy struggling to get wins against mugs who are not even ranked within the top 200. But in the end it's Robby's decision to make and I'll support him whichever which way. :)

Mae
09-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Yes we can always remember he was once #15 in the World! And if I ever got to meet him the first thing I would ask is, "Why did you stop seeing your sports psychologist?"

SapELee
09-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes we can always remember he was once #15 in the World! And if I ever got to meet him the first thing I would ask is, "Why did you stop seeing your sports psychologist?"

And while you're at it, can you ask for the name of the psychologist? Kudla and Williams could use one. :lol:

Mae
09-30-2012, 02:24 PM
And while you're at it, can you ask for the name of the psychologist? Kudla and Williams could use one. :lol:

Believe me I would do it, but I'm never going to get the chance!

Mae
10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Robby is the 2nd Alt in a CH to be held in Charlottesville, Virginia starting on the 29th of Oct. Another thing I have noticed more and more about Robby is he is trying to play as close to his home as possible.

SapELee
10-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Nothing is wrong with playing close to home as long as he can get good results, but I'm not so sure he can good results though.

Mae
10-20-2012, 04:53 AM
That's the sad part--the results :sad: And I just noticed that the week after Charlottesville he is the 1st Alt in a CH in Knoxville.

Mae
10-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Today I saw where Robby had pulled out of being an Alt. in the Charlottesville CH. He would have gotten into the CH, if he hadn't pulled out! So I don't know what the problem is :shrug:

Mae
11-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Robby is still listed as first Alt. in Knoxville, but so far no one has pulled out.

Mae
11-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Robby pulled out of Knoxville also and players had pulled out of the MD so he could have gotten in! I don't know what is up with him :shrug:

SapELee
12-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Robby is so low key, can't find any updates on him :sad:

Mae
12-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I know. I can't even find the website he used to have! I think he should go ahead and retire.