Djokovic and defending titles... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic and defending titles...

theseth1119
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
He's not even as good as horrible Rafa who only defends on clay (Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, and the FO).

Djokovic only has defended two events EVER (2009 and 2010 Beijing and 2009-2011 Dubai).

Do I think he'll defend ANY of his 2011 events in 2012, YES, mainly because he won 10 events and odds are he's not going to lose ALL 10 of them in 2012.

NO WAY he defends all 10 of his events, I'm going to break them down one-by-one and say which ones I think he defends and which ones he doesn't...

Australian Open: He does NOT defend.

Dubai: He DOES defend.

Indian Wells: He DOES defend.

Miami: He does NOT defend.

Belgrade: He DOES defend.

Madrid: He DOES defend.

Rome: He does NOT defend.

Wimbledon: He does NOT defend.

Montreal/Toronto: He does NOT defend.

U.S. Open: He DOES defend.

So there you have it, he defends half of his titles and maybe wins another 1-3 titles that he didn't win in 2011 (i.e. French Open, Cincinnati, Asian events, Basel, Paris, and WTF).

Sri
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
He'll be good until RG and then will fade away.

Saberq
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
he's still number 1 if he does what you said

Slice Winner
12-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Maybe with a 2-year ranking system ;)
Otherwise he'll need more than one slam to be #1... it's not the WTA after all.

(You could still be correct, but he'd have to win the French Open too, which is possible but I wouldn't place money on it until I saw his clay form next year...)

EliSter
12-24-2011, 05:19 PM
He will defend all and win FO.

Foxy
12-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Djoko will defend the Hopman Cup. That is for sure!

philosophicalarf
12-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I imagine he'll be looking to manage his schedule better, after the problems at the end of last year. Perhaps play Madrid, and pull out of Rome? Ditto Canada>Cinci.

Saberq
12-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Djoko will defend the Hopman Cup. That is for sure!

impossible he didnt win it ....

Saberq
12-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Found no mention of Rafa in his post.Celebrate your flash in the pan's success while you can, for it wont last long :explode: :explode:

Del Potro was flash in the pan .......and really what's with all the Indian people rooting for Rafa?

theseth1119
12-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Well I gave my opinions about which events Djokovic will defend in 2012, what say you saberg?

Federer_28
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM

How so ?

that's a lot of ranking points he would be losing there ,
4000 ish depending on what round he loses in.

RafaForever
12-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Del Potro was flash in the pan .......and really what's with all the Indian people rooting for Rafa?

I dont know, cant generalize it. Maybe we dont like arrogant pricks. See i am neither a Fed/Nole hater nor a blind supporter of my favourite player.

There is support for all the players here but its just that MTF gets the more dedicated ones ;) :D

Saberq
12-24-2011, 07:05 PM
How so ?

that's a lot of ranking points he would be losing there ,
4000 ish depending on what round he loses in.

I thought he said he would win AO and Rafa has also shitload of points to defend too

I dont know, cant generalize it. Maybe we dont like arrogant pricks. See i am neither a Fed/Nole hater nor a blind supporter of my favourite player.

There is support for all the players here but its just that MTF gets the more dedicated ones ;) :D

yeah I guess you're right

Saberq
12-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Well I gave my opinions about which events Djokovic will defend in 2012, what say you saberg?

I think that's fair ...but I think he will win AO with more ease than US Open .......I like your predictions

Sapeod
12-24-2011, 08:10 PM
He'll hardly defend any of them, which is good for both the sport and the players below him.

tommyg6
12-24-2011, 08:16 PM
I say he defends 6 of his 10 titles next season and still retain no.1

JurajCrane
12-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I thínk he will be probably finding himself for the first half of the year - because of tiredness, maybe big expectations and so.

I don´t care about small tournaments what he can defend, I think only major trophy he will be able to lift, is US Open + Olympic gold medal.

Mae
12-25-2011, 09:29 AM
It is very hard to defend titles for a lot of players. And Nole has so many to defend it would really be tough for him to defend them all. He was very tired at the end of this season so it will be interesting to see how he starts out in 2012. I don't think we can really know much until after we see how he starts the season.

Foxy
12-25-2011, 10:15 AM
I've always found it ridiculous to talk about defending titles. It is a new year, new season, new titles. It is not necessary to defend all of them to become N1. He can defend some, he can win others which he didn't last year. It is not about defending. It is about gaining more points than the rest at the end of the year. That's it.

Sri
12-25-2011, 12:13 PM
what's with these losers from India sucking on Rafa's ....
Umm.. I'm not known to be a Rafa tard.. I make enough fun of him no?

Saberq
12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
I've always found it ridiculous to talk about defending titles. It is a new year, new season, new titles. It is not necessary to defend all of them to become N1. He can defend some, he can win others which he didn't last year. It is not about defending. It is about gaining more points than the rest at the end of the year. That's it.

look at Foxy making sense :worship:.....he is true all you need to do is be the best player that season .....

Umm.. I'm not known to be a Rafa tard.. I make enough fun of him no?

ok then my bad ;)

Sri
12-25-2011, 01:22 PM
ok then my bad ;)

No worries. We know everyone in the Djokovic family talks a lot.

I'll make the same nationalist generalizations you made ("all indians") and claim "all serbians and loud mouths and speak ignoring facts".

Merry Christmas! :devil:

Disclaimer: I love Serbia. Bosnia is Serbia. Please don't make comments like "All Indians are this". There are a billion of us, we are very diverse. http://www.fanshop-online.de/bilder/europa/xxs-ani/Serbia.gif

Saberq
12-25-2011, 01:26 PM
No worries. We know everyone in the Djokovic family talks a lot.

I'll make the same nationalist generalizations you made ("all indians") and claim "all serbians and loud mouths and speak ignoring facts".

Merry Christmas! :devil:

Disclaimer: I love Serbia. Bosnia is Serbia. Please don't make comments like "All Indians are this". There are a billion of us, we are very diverse. http://www.fanshop-online.de/bilder/europa/xxs-ani/Serbia.gif

I never meant any disrespect man honestly I dont know a lot about India :D...........Funny that you mentioned Bosnia I was born there before my parents moved to Boston :D

Merry Christmas

Haelfix
12-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I think the competition is going to get a lot tougher this year than last year. A lot of players underperformed relative to their talent level last year after the AO, and imo that can and will improve.

I see Fedal, Murray and Del Potro coming out swinging early. So while I do see Djokovic as the big favorite at the AO, I don't think he's going to be getting anywhere near as many master shields.

ITs a completely different thing when you are the top dog, and have all the pressure and every single player wants your scalp as a career defining moment.

rutinos harcos
12-26-2011, 06:44 AM
He'll hardly defend any of them, which is good for both the sport and the players below him.
Fail as usual.Go and change your diaper.

tektonac
12-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Fail as usual.Go and change your diaper.

:lol: a small correction tho: "have your diaper changed".

Mountaindewslave
12-26-2011, 07:22 AM
this is an interesting thing to bring up, however most players are not that great at defending titles. lots of pressure.

he definitely will defend a number of them, maybe half?? but it's so hard to tell. after Australia we will probably have a good idea of things to come.

as another poster mentioned, once you are on top, every opponent is going to have the fire to beat you because it will mean a lot more to them than it does to you.

definitely see him defending some and losing a number of titles, but that is not so much Djokovic's fault as much ass tennis's fault. hardly any player besides Roger Federer has been capable of year consecutively defending of a large number of titles in recent history. it is natural to lose composure and to fail defending sometimes, as tennis is a sport with ever changing leaders. defending 10 titles would be incredible, but even defending just 1 is great considering how tough and deep the tour can be. it's a very tough thing to do.

Gillouthe best
12-26-2011, 08:20 AM
From his titles from 2011 he will defend Aussie Open, Dubai, Rome & Canada. Also he will win Shangai and Cincy possibly.

GSMnadal
12-26-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't get why everyone always emphasises on defending titles. Who cares when you don't defend your IW, Montreal and US Open titles, when you win Miami, Cincinatti and the Australian Open the following year :shrug:

As for the question, Dubai-Miami-Belgrade-Madrid-Montreal

Nole fan
12-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I think he will have an even better year in 2012 and not only he will defend all his titles, but he will also win RG beating Federer in semis and Nadal in the final. Watch it, I'm hardly ever wrong with these things. The absolute domination of Novak 2.0 has just started. I kind of pity the other players and their fans.

theseth1119
12-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes, defending titles can be tough and the most Rogie ever defended in one year is 7 (which he did in 2005 after wining them in 2004: Dubai, Indian Wells, Hamburg, Halle, Wimbledon, U.S. Open, and Bangkok).

Djokovic' has only ever defended: Dubai (2009-2011) and Beijing (2009-2010).

I honestly can't see Djokovic defending 7, 8, 9, or all 10 of those finals, I'd have to say 5 or 6 at best.

Ash86
12-26-2011, 12:21 PM
I think he will have an even better year in 2012 and not only he will defend all his titles, but he will also win RG beating Federer in semis and Nadal in the final. Watch it, I'm hardly ever wrong with these things. The absolute domination of Novak 2.0 has just started. I kind of pity the other players and their fans.

This is more than a little ridiculous - so Novak at 25 will win over 10 titles including a calendar year slam (that's the implication if he defends all 3 slams and also wins RG!)?! Novak played an incredible level from Aus Open to about Rome/RG. After that despite winning 2 more slams his level was not unreachable at all and players like Fed, Murray, Del Potro, Tsonga and yes, even Rafa, will not be just handing over those trophies next year.

The domination of Novak 2.0 ended at RG - he didn't "dominate" Wimbledon (losing sets to Baghdatis & Tomic), he didn't "dominate" the US Open (in fact funnily enough Nadal's 2010 win was more dominant than Novak's 2011 despite Novak clearly being a better HC player! Tipsy & Dolgopolov were more of a handful than any of Nadal's opponents till the final in 2010....) and the less said about his season post-US Open the better. Dominating is winning a slam like Fed did Aus Open 07 or Rafa the French in 08 - that is very tough to do and even Novak with his 2.0 level will not steamroll every opponent in sight forever. Fed in 04-07 looked quite untouchable by most players - Novak apart from that early hardcourt stretch last year did not reach that level IMO - consistency, which was his best asset, is not something you can rely on to be there for years on end. Fed's forehand was a weapon that was simply unplayable at his best - Novak's backhand as good as it is cannot be compared in the same way.

On the topic itself - I think he has a great chance to still stay year end no.1 and defend 1-2 slams, and 2-3 masters (either IW or Miami - unlikely to be both; one of the clay masters and possibly Rogers Cup). He'll obviously defend Belgrade and probably Dubai too.

Nole fan
12-26-2011, 12:29 PM
This is more than a little ridiculous - so Novak at 25 will win over 10 titles including a calendar year slam (that's the implication if he defends all 3 slams and also wins RG!)?! Novak played an incredible level from Aus Open to about Rome/RG. After that despite winning 2 more slams his level was not unreachable at all and players like Fed, Murray, Del Potro, Tsonga and yes, even Rafa, will not be just handing over those trophies next year.

The domination of Novak 2.0 ended at RG - he didn't "dominate" Wimbledon (losing sets to Baghdatis & Tomic), he didn't "dominate" the US Open (in fact funnily enough Nadal's 2010 win was more dominant than Novak's 2011 despite Novak clearly being a better HC player! Tipsy & Dolgopolov were more of a handful than any of Nadal's opponents till the final in 2010....) and the less said about his season post-US Open the better. Dominating is winning a slam like Fed did Aus Open 07 or Rafa the French in 08 - that is very tough to do and even Novak with his 2.0 level will not steamroll every opponent in sight forever. Fed in 04-07 looked quite untouchable by most players - Novak apart from that early hardcourt stretch last year did not reach that level IMO - consistency, which was his best asset, is not something you can rely on to be there for years on end. Fed's forehand was a weapon that was simply unplayable at his best - Novak's backhand as good as it is cannot be compared in the same way.

On the topic itself - I think he has a great chance to still stay year end no.1 and defend 1-2 slams, and 2-3 masters (either IW or Miami - unlikely to be both; one of the clay masters and possibly Rogers Cup). He'll obviously defend Belgrade and probably Dubai too.

Who are you trying to convince with all that demagogy? :rolleyes:
Novak's dominance at Wimbledon and US Open was absolute and the way he destroyed Nadal, his only genuine rival this year, makes me thing that he has a great chance of going for the Career Slam in 2012. Ambition and confidence is everything and he's high on that. Not to mention that no one did even come close to his level of play this year nor his consistency. He will continue to dominate. :wavey:

Chirag
12-26-2011, 12:32 PM
He definately didnt dominate those 2 events but he played well enough to win which is what is needed at the end of the day .And Nole fan there is a reason CYGS hasnt been done in 42 years .You really only get 1 chance at it and still need a huge element of luck to favour you .Chances are Nole is going down than up if you compare his season to that of 2011

Chirag
12-26-2011, 12:34 PM
on topic though I believe he will win US Open and RG as well as defend Dubai Belgrade and Madrid .Might also get one of IW/Miami

Saberq
12-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Look Novak should defend AO,Dubai,IW or Miami,Madrid or Rome,Belgrade of course,Montreal maybe,US Open

Saberq
12-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Novak actually played against real ATP players in his US Open

Ash86
12-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Who are you trying to convince with all that demagogy? :rolleyes:
Novak's dominance at Wimbledon and US Open was absolute and the way he destroyed Nadal, his only genuine rival this year, makes me thing that he has a great chance of going for the Career Slam in 2012. Ambition and confidence is everything and he's high on that. Not to mention that no one did even come close to his level of play this year nor his consistency. He will continue to dominate. :wavey:

I know civilised debate isn't really done at MTF but having a different opinion isn't 'demagogy'! How can he have dominated Wimbledon when he lost a set to Tomic and could have been taken to a fifth?! That's a player who was top 70 then right?! He was convincing in both those tournaments yes and got the job done but that is not dominating. Dominating is what Fed did to Roddick in Aus 07 (and pretty much all other opponents that tournament) or Rafa to Fed in RG 08 i.e. utterly outplaying top level opponents and not even dropping a set. Novak outplayed Nadal in those finals yes and looked in control in both but to dominate a tournament is more than dominating the final and specifically one player. He was much more dominant in Australia than in Wimbledon or New York.

Of course Novak was the best this year and the most consistent - that's why he's no.1. The operative phrase is "this year" - Nadal was the most consistent in 2008; Fed was in 05/06/07 - it all ends sometime. I think Novak is more likely to be like Nadal due to their style of play and frankly because players like Murray, Del Potro etc. have the skill to even beat top-level Novak on their day - he is no longer as far ahead of the field as he was at the start of 2011. Is the calendar year slam impossible? No. Unlikely? Yes. You need a lot of luck as well as a great level of play. Next year the Olympics adds an extra dimension too - for one player to dominate throughout will be tough and as I said I think Del Po, Murray etc. are hungry and will certainly take scalps at Masters events if not slams.

Ash86
12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Novak actually played against real ATP players in his US Open

On paper I don't anyone would have said Tipsarevic or Dolgopolov are tougher draws than Verdasco of 2010 (rather than horrific 2011 form!) - Verdasco is a Masters finalist and a GS semi-finalist. More impressive than either of the other two.

That said I think it's clear Nadal's draw opened up for him very well in 2010 with Murray losing and I'm not going to suggest that for him Lopez, Verdasco and Youzhny weren't preferable to alternatives... Still, he looked dominant throughout - he wasn't broken in the first 4 matches, lost one set - whatever the opponent that was more impressive than Novak's 2011 US Open run IMO. Even looking at the final - as great as it was both players go broken so many times it was kind of laughable. That serving performance alone invalidates it from counting as a "dominant" slam win.

Saberq
12-26-2011, 01:22 PM
On paper I don't anyone would have said Tipsarevic or Dolgopolov are tougher draws than Verdasco of 2010 (rather than horrific 2011 form!) - Verdasco is a Masters finalist and a GS semi-finalist. More impressive than either of the other two.

That said I think it's clear Nadal's draw opened up for him very well in 2010 with Murray losing and I'm not going to suggest that for him Lopez, Verdasco and Youzhny weren't preferable to alternatives... Still, he looked dominant throughout - he wasn't broken in the first 4 matches, lost one set - whatever the opponent that was more impressive than Novak's 2011 US Open run IMO. Even looking at the final - as great as it was both players go broken so many times it was kind of laughable. That serving performance alone invalidates it from counting as a "dominant" slam win.

that draw was a joke man and you know it .....Novak played Fed and Nadal in SF F ,Nadal played Youzhny and tired Novak

GSMnadal
12-26-2011, 01:24 PM
that draw was a joke man and you know it .....Novak played Fed and Nadal in SF F ,Nadal played Youzhny and tired Novak

Novak wasn't tired (or at least he shouldn't have been), he had a day off :rolleyes:

Saberq
12-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Novak wasn't tired (or at least he shouldn't have been), he had a day off :rolleyes:

dont argue with me man you are ruining my point :cool:

rutinos harcos
12-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm waiting for top notch and completely unbiased posts from well-nown tennis experts and non-haters:little joanna aka senseless poster,rocketfail,abraxas21 aka el tonto,samanopuke and other fake goat's worshipers.

paseo
12-26-2011, 03:38 PM
:lol: @ Ash86

theseth1119
12-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Going back to my post, Rogie defended 7 events in 2005 (after winning them in 2004 of course). I don't think Djokovic will defend 7, 8, 9, or all 10 in 2012, but 5 or 6 could be done possibly.

Smiling Buddha
12-26-2011, 04:03 PM

The Indian population must be grossly overestimated as Nadal got third place in this year's fan's favorite voting.

Bobby
12-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Doesn't matter how many titles he defends. It's a whole new year. If he's able to win a GS or two, a few big titles and keep his no1 position, it's an excellent year. I don't think he even aims for defending all his titles.

rutinos harcos
12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
This.

DrJules
12-26-2011, 07:36 PM

Nobody could accuse you of lacking expectations from Djokovic. Can his shoulder and back really meet those expectations.:eek:

So you have upgraded from 4-5:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=9866

munZe konZa
12-26-2011, 10:10 PM

Both Fed and Rafa took advantage of the fact that many if not all contenders were retiring/near retirement and/or injured so it was free for all and the most opportunistic could take over. Those were the lean years. For Nole he will have to do it the hard way and beat in prime and very capable opposition into submission. None of these players are too old , too injured or on the verge of giving up so he has his work cut out for him.

Ash86
12-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Both Fed and Rafa took advantage of the fact that many if not all contenders were retiring/near retirement and/or injured so it was free for all and the most opportunistic could take over. Those were the lean years. For Nole he will have to do it the hard way and beat in prime and very capable opposition into submission. None of these players are too old , too injured or on the verge of giving up so he has his work cut out for him.

Umm... pretty sure Nole was one of Fed and Rafa's competitors these past 4 years or so?! Was he weak competition for them? Murray's been a factor since 08 (when Rafa became a more consistent threat on all surfaces), Del Po rose in 09, Tsonga was taking scalps in 08 - what competition is around now that Rafa and Fed weren't facing?:confused:

Rafa beat Murray and Djokovic en route to 2 of his 3 majors last year and he beat the only guy to ever beat him at the French (and the one who took out Federer) in the other one. Similarly Fed in 09 was given a tough test by Del Potro at the French and then lost to him at the US Open. The same players: Soderling; Del Potro; Murray etc. will be the main competition to Novak as were competition to Federer/Rafa respectively. It's no tougher for Novak than it was for Fed and Rafa to stay in the top 2 the last 4-5 years. If anything you could make an argument Novak has risen when Fed and Rafa are declining (relative to their peaks of 06 and 08) so he's in luck as 2 of the best players ever are now less threatening then they were a few years ago...

On this topic as people have said - he'll defend some; he'll win some he didn't win this year - all that really matters is getting enough points to end no.1 which he's still the favourite for as he's the current best on HC where there are most points and joint/2nd best on clay as of now.

BigJohn
12-26-2011, 11:10 PM
... he sucks at doing that. :shrug:

rutinos harcos
12-27-2011, 12:58 AM
... he sucks at doing that. :shrug:
We'll see little joanna,we'll see.

Saberq
12-27-2011, 01:15 AM

I like this guy :cool:

Nole fan
12-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Nobody could accuse you of lacking expectations from Djokovic. Can his shoulder and back really meet those expectations.:eek:

So you have upgraded from 4-5:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=9866

Yes, after I heard him say at his press conference in Dubai that he will go for the Career Slam this next season. I trust everything my man says. If he thinks he can do it, I believe him. :cool:

Yolita
12-27-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't care if he doesn't defend any of his titles, but wins Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Olympic Gold, Cincy and Shanghai! :devil:

Saberq
12-27-2011, 01:55 AM
I don't care if he doesn't defend any of his titles, but wins Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Olympic Gold, Cincy and Shanghai! :devil:

and then retires with the words "I did it all my way" :cool:

Chirag
12-27-2011, 03:36 AM

if he really does that :worship::worship:

Mountaindewslave
12-27-2011, 05:59 AM

I would bet a thousand dollars against him winning a Calendar Year Slam next year. it just won't happen. unfortunately there are no oddsmakers doing that bet because it is so unrealistic.

I mean I understand supporting your favorite player and having faith in them, but such an outlandish guess? not even a guess, apparently basically a fact** to you. maybe if his form had been good at the end of 2011 but Novak himself seemed confused as to what was with his form at the World Tour finals!

you may be in for a big surprise my friend, because at the end of 2011 either injury, fatigue, or an overall mental lapse seemed to plague your man

Nole fan
12-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I would bet a thousand dollars against him winning a Calendar Year Slam next year. it just won't happen. unfortunately there are no oddsmakers doing that bet because it is so unrealistic.

I mean I understand supporting your favorite player and having faith in them, but such an outlandish guess? not even a guess, apparently basically a fact** to you. maybe if his form had been good at the end of 2011 but Novak himself seemed confused as to what was with his form at the World Tour finals!

you may be in for a big surprise my friend, because at the end of 2011 either injury, fatigue, or an overall mental lapse seemed to plague your man

Blah bah blah... you've ben saying the same thing since January last year! And you have been wrong all the time. I have been enjoying watching all your predictions being shattered. Gotta take my popcorn for 2012 too? :cool:

finishingmove
12-27-2011, 09:15 AM
nice wishful thinking

the reality is that defending titles will only be a consequence of his dominance in 2012

BigJohn
12-27-2011, 03:53 PM

Who's DA are you?

arm
12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes, after I heard him say at his press conference in Dubai that he will go for the Career Slam this next season. I trust everything my man says. If he thinks he can do it, I believe him. :cool:

he said that really? :eek:

Yolita
12-27-2011, 08:38 PM
he said that really? :eek:
Yes, he did. It filled my heart with joy! :worship:
In another interview he said that it was very clear to him which tournaments were going to be the ones where he put all his effort: the Grand Slams and the Olympics.
He sounded very grounded and quietly confident.
I'm expecting a refreshed, fully fit Novak...
Dare we dream?

rutinos harcos
12-27-2011, 08:39 PM
That's right Nina.Keep the faith.

arm
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Yes, he did. It filled my heart with joy! :worship:
In another interview he said that it was very clear to him which tournaments were going to be the ones where he put all his effort: the Grand Slams and the Olympics.
He sounded very grounded and quietly confident.
I'm expecting a refreshed, fully fit Novak...
Dare we dream?

boy am I dreaming now! :D

tennis2tennis
12-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Roger was asked about Nole's chances of defending his title on Swiss Radio - he said

2012 will be more of a challenge [for Novak] than 2011 he has so many points to defend - but with domination comes an aura that gives a slight edge before you even stepped on the court and once you have navigated your way to grand slam finals the route doesn't seem as difficult as someone who for example always loses at the quarter-finals so the idea of him repeating 2011 is not as impossible as people think.

arm
12-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Roger was asked about Nole's chances of defending his title on Swiss Radio - he said

:eek: Now this is something new coming from Roger!

Maybe he is trying to jinx Nole? :unsure:

rutinos harcos
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Me thinks so.

noddzy
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
:eek: Now this is something new coming from Roger!

Maybe he is trying to jinx Nole? :unsure:

I think that Fed only says "ungracious" things if you interview him an hour after he has lost a match :D Most of his non post-match interviews have been pretty decent, insightful and respectful without overt praise for fellow players.

rutinos harcos
12-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Okey than.