Reedís tennis awards for 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Reedís tennis awards for 2011

Tennis-Life
12-21-2011, 06:41 AM
"There are two men who stand out for me following their performances in 2011, and they are Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/reed-tennis-awards-2011-090522532.html

More than agree with him :sport:

emotion
12-21-2011, 06:48 AM
I do not believe the standard at the top of the game is improving, and I know I am pretty much alone in thinking that.

props for that honesty. 2010 was a train wreck, 2011 not too much better

Sophocles
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
props for that honesty. 2010 was a train wreck, 2011 not too much better

Wow. Sense from Reed.

Saberq
12-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Why is Fed in front of Nadal this year? I mean Rafa won more and more important stuff

Mystique
12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Why is Fed in front of Nadal this year? I mean Rafa won more and more important stuff

Because Nadal made news for being Djokovic's bridesmaid all year and huffing and lucking his way to the French Open title.
I dont think Federer has been a "winner" this year either, inspite of his year end brilliance. And Murray despite his so caled 'improvement' at the Slams really has done jack, he didnt get any closer at breaking his duck.
Essentially, apart from Djokovic, none of the top 4 were winners this year.
I think what Reed means (not that it means much as its coming from him) is that Djokovic was the No. 1 guy of the year and the only guy who looked likely to (and did) beat him at a big stage was Federer who himself had a run of brilliance in the fall.
Makes sense really. Amazingly.

Chirag
12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Reed talking sense :eek:

alter ego
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Nadull won 3 titles, Fed 4, what the hell are you talking about?

Egreen
12-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Federer made tennis a winner this year because he was Djokovic's biggest challenger at the slams, RG and USO SFs were the highlights of the year, hence Federer is a winner this year. If it wasn't for Federer, the slams would have been boring and a foregone conclusion. He made them exciting.

Certinfy
12-21-2011, 03:17 PM
A Grand Slam means more than all the MM titles Federer won with mug fields.

bokehlicious
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
A Grand Slam means more than all the MM titles Federer won with mug fields.

Highlight of the year was old Fed toying with birdshit at bercy.

Mystique
12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Highlight of the year was old Fed toying with birdshit at bercy.

:devil:

That lucky mug got the best seat in the arena though;)

Saberq
12-21-2011, 05:06 PM

Nadal won RG,MC and played 2 GS finals....why not then put Murray with 5 titles in second place?

Yolita
12-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Reed: "Djokovic has to be the player of the year if I am picking just one, for all that he achieved and the unbelievable transformation in his game."
:lol: :lol:
He tried as hard as he could, he had to mention Federer with Novak in the opening paragraph, he couldn't bring himself to celebrate Novak alone. He had to use the word 'if'. He also ignored Rafa's achievements completely. But I'm satisfied with this phrase. I never thought Reed would ever write anything like this. Congratulations, Simon. It must have hurt like hell. But what could you do with a season like Novak's? :devil: