KC quali draw again.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

KC quali draw again..

ys
09-27-2002, 08:47 PM
is filled with Russian nobodies. Something I do not understand. Are all players ranked 100-300 not interested in playing here at all?

TheBoiledEgg
09-28-2002, 03:19 AM
thats one of the mysteries that only happens on the mens side ???

Yuri Schukin i'm sure he got a WC as he's not in qualies
Davydenko, Stoliarov missing too
Voltchkov (BLR) isn't in qualies either

but there's only 3 WC's

Golovanov ?? ,
Derepasko got injured in Samarkand so thats why he's missing.

Tursunov should have been playing here too.

ys
09-28-2002, 03:26 AM
Kunitsin? Ivanov-Smolenski? That guy from Tatarstan ( not Safin, forgot the name, Muhametshin? )? And what is the country named RUAN represented by Gabashvili?

TheBoiledEgg
09-28-2002, 08:52 AM
i thought Gabashvili was from Georgia ??

you mean Philipp Mukhometov ??

ys
09-28-2002, 01:40 PM
No, Gabashvili plays for Russia. He is from Moscow. Yes, Mukhometov.. Where is he?

Nina
09-28-2002, 02:42 PM
out of the Russians in the draw I've heard of: Melnikov (:fiery: he lost), Pavlioutchenkov (he's a year younger than Vova that means he's born 1985, he plays pretty well but without brains), Andreev (he trained somewhere abroad, didn't play many tournaments, he was ranked very low ITF in the beginning of the year, but he was included in the U18 team and hasn't lost a single match, I don't know who picked him though),Sitak (both of them, the elder brother was the finalist at some futures event in Mordovia), Demekhin, Kartashov and Ivanov (they are/were ranked high in Russia)- all of these are promising juniors. (so is Davletshin, no idea where he is), Gabashvili is good and I've obviously heard of Cherkasov.

No idea who the others are...