Who is the most entertaining men's player. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is the most entertaining men's player.

Stronga23
12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Monf :worship:

Looner
12-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Monfils is a clown

Naudio Spanlatine
12-18-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree with Lyndon:smooch:

and also Nole

Stronga23
12-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Monfils is a clown

You just made my case for me :wavey:

Stronga23
12-18-2011, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=NadalMyHero;11570683]I agree with Lyndon:smooch:

:hug::hug: I am so ready for the season to start. Gael,Jo, Rafa and Roger will all be in Doha :bigclap:

Vilnietė
12-18-2011, 12:29 PM
none of the above

Nathaliia
12-18-2011, 12:30 PM
all are
but gotta stick with dolgo

leng jai
12-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Monfils? Guess you if you're a circus enthusiast.

Sunset of Age
12-18-2011, 01:20 PM
It's of course a matter of personal taste.
I can well see why one would call Monfils "entertaining", but personally I just cringe when watching all of his scary attempts of getting himself injured for no reason all the time.
Dolgo and Tsonga at least manage to entertain me with their tennis, no matter if they're playing very well, or mugtastic.

LeChuck
12-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Herr Mayer the Funky Flo in my opinion. I love all players with unusual, unorthodox styles. One of the high points of tennis season was him winning his maiden title at Bucharest in September.

Certinfy
12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Monfils. Then Tsonga.

Without the pair tennis would be pretty dull to me. :worship:

tennis2tennis
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
none of the above Fabrice Santoro:devil:

Naudio Spanlatine
12-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Monfils. Then Tsonga.

Without the pair tennis would be pretty dull to me. :worship:
Oh Jason:smooch: :hug:

none of the above Fabrice Santoro:devil:

i actually like fabrice:angel:

Naudio Spanlatine
12-18-2011, 03:49 PM
:hug::hug: I am so ready for the season to start. Gael,Jo, Rafa and Roger will all be in Doha :bigclap:

me too:banana: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :banana:

HKz
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Out of those three, certainly Tsonga. However, he is certainly not the most entertaining men's player at the moment.

Ibracadabra
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Nalby.

Egreen
12-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Of that list, Tsonga.

siffleanimaux
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Not Gael.

SaFed2005
12-18-2011, 11:04 PM
All 3 are very entertaining and a joy to watch! I wish the poll would allow me to vote for all 3.

ossie
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
del potro

bokehlicious
12-19-2011, 10:07 AM
T. Robredo

hicdick
12-19-2011, 10:24 AM
monfils = entertaining :o

N8iunyDh4ms

m9m9m9m9m9
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Tsonga out of the 3 obviously

yuri27
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Dolgopolov.
I love his "i don't care what people think of my game" attitude.
His game is cool.

Chirag
12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Tsonga :D

Orka_n
12-19-2011, 11:57 AM
The poll options are too few.

Of these I'd take Dolgo.

madmax
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Roger Federer...
clowns are only slightly amusing to me, but still far from entertaining

Puschkin
12-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Out of that list: Dolgopolov.

Sapeod
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Murray and Federer. No words are really needed.

Out of those three in the poll, Tsonga is the most entertaining.

Naudio Spanlatine
12-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naudio Spanlatine
12-19-2011, 04:04 PM
All 3 are very entertaining and a joy to watch! I wish the poll would allow me to vote for all 3.

i agree:angel:

Sapeod
12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who, may I ask, is that directed to?

Naudio Spanlatine
12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
no one dani dear:angel:

mark73
12-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Murray and Federer. No words are really needed.

Out of those three in the poll, Tsonga is the most entertaining.

Your homework.

Is that a fact or simply a matter of taste? And why?

nole_no1
12-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Murray entertaining hahahahaha :spit:

Jo,Nole and sometimes but only sometimes Roddick

Guy Haines
12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Dolgopolov is my favorite to watch of the three and I'm hoping 2012 is his best year to date.

He needs to grow up more (and not be shady) and play focused tennis point-to-point for his ranking to continue to rise. The talent and flair are all there.

Sunset of Age
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Dolgopolov is my favorite to watch of the three and I'm hoping 2012 is his best year to date.

He needs to grow up more (and not be shady) and play focused tennis point-to-point for his ranking to continue to rise. The talent and flair are all there.

Fully agree. He's one of the very few players I even enjoy watching when he's making a complete trainwreck of his game - as happend quite often during the past season.
Funny, charming fellow. :hearts: (this remark NOT being about his tennis)

Dolgo. :worship:

KaiserT
12-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Murray entertaining hahahahaha :spit:

Jo,Nole and sometimes but only sometimes Roddick

His rants at umpires and post match press conferences after losing matches can be entertaining. But his game dreadfully dull, awful to watch.

Anyway.... of these 3 the most entertaining is Dolgopolov, unorthodoxy, touch, athleticism, shotmaking ability, attacking instinct, randomness.

Tsonga is entertaining at times, whilst Monfils is a talented clown.... and I don't like clowns.

Guga_fan
12-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Certainly Dolgo, really hard to believe such an unorthodox game as his works so well.

finishingmove
12-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Fognini

Shame on the 39 before me.

Mountaindewslave
12-20-2011, 03:57 AM
how does Tsonga provide excitment?? he has hardly any options. on a good day he might be lucky and be able to handle his opponent off the baseline but he almost ALWAYS ends up doing the same thing, running up to the net and smashing. it's so repetitive and boring and his expression/personality, besides jumping up occasionally, is not at all entertaining. lacking variety and touch, he just hits the ball hard and rushes to the net over and over and over again.... borree.

Dolgopolov and MOnfils are pretty darn entertaining. and I would choose Alex over Gael just because I think that sometimes Gael is so focused on BEING ENTERTAINING and not focused on WINNING, while Dolgo's style is very exciting yet natural and he's just doing his best, not making a big show about it

fast_clay
12-20-2011, 03:58 AM
mayer, dolgo, steppa, tomic, raonic, mahut

HKz
12-20-2011, 04:22 AM
how does Tsonga provide excitment?? he has hardly any options. on a good day he might be lucky and be able to handle his opponent off the baseline but he almost ALWAYS ends up doing the same thing, running up to the net and smashing. it's so repetitive and boring and his expression/personality, besides jumping up occasionally, is not at all entertaining. lacking variety and touch, he just hits the ball hard and rushes to the net over and over and over again.... borree.

Dolgopolov and MOnfils are pretty darn entertaining. and I would choose Alex over Gael just because I think that sometimes Gael is so focused on BEING ENTERTAINING and not focused on WINNING, while Dolgo's style is very exciting yet natural and he's just doing his best, not making a big show about it

Lol? This poster continues to show his/her knowledge of the game.

Mystique
12-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Tsonga. Jo on fire is a great sight in tennis - right up there with the likes of Federer or Nalbandian at their very best .
Monfils is just a clown with a lot of weird on court antics. He aint entertaining, in fact his game is quite boring and unpleasant to watch
Dolgopolov has an interesting game and is fun to watch. The guy has some way to go to fine tune his game but he definitely is highly watchable

Shinoj
12-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Tsonga it is...

Mountaindewslave
12-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Lol? This poster continues to show his/her knowledge of the game.

you watch a Tsonga match or better yet, go find some statistics for his matches in 2011 and count the # of times he has approached the net...... :o

he is vastly overrated as far as excitement is concerned, jumping up and down like he's about to 'box' does not make him interesting. his demeanor is rather boring, somewhat primative, as though he does little to no thinking at all.

would i get bored watching a giraffe walk around and occasionally eat some leaves from a tree? yes. Tsonga is around the tennis court moving around in a baffling manner until he decides to go to the net. how fascinating can it be to watch Tsonga fumble around until he runs to the net and volleys... seriously? maybe to each their own, but it is not my favorite game to watch.

obviously Dolgopolov and Monfils have more variety than him and provide a more unpredictable fun game to watch

HKz
12-20-2011, 07:06 AM
you watch a Tsonga match or better yet, go find some statistics for his matches in 2011 and count the # of times he has approached the net...... :o

he is vastly overrated as far as excitement is concerned, jumping up and down like he's about to 'box' does not make him interesting. his demeanor is rather boring, somewhat primative, as though he does little to no thinking at all.

would i get bored watching a giraffe walk around and occasionally eat some leaves from a tree? yes. Tsonga is around the tennis court moving around in a baffling manner until he decides to go to the net. how fascinating can it be to watch Tsonga fumble around until he runs to the net and volleys... seriously? maybe to each their own, but it is not my favorite game to watch.

obviously Dolgopolov and Monfils have more variety than him and provide a more unpredictable fun game to watch

What does approaching the net have to do with anything? Monfils is a pusher who just comes up with a random shot after both players are tired as shit after a 100 stroke rally. Dolgo is inconsistent as crap. There is only one clear winner here.

Have you ever even picked up a racket?

Lucilla
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Tsonga :p

Deathless Mortal
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned Marin Cilic :cool:

Dezurni
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Santoro and ätepanek

emotion
12-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Mayer, Monfils, Ferrer in a weird way, Dolgopolov, Federer top my list

Sapeod
12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
no one dani dear:angel:
Well, yes it is. It has to be targeted at someone. You're not talking to yourself, are you?
Your homework.
What about it?
Is that a fact or simply a matter of taste? And why?
Fact. They're the most entertaining players on the planet at this current time. Simple as that. Variety, brilliant tennis, great groundstrokes, nice serves and good aesthetically pleasing games.

As for Tsonga, his volleys and groundstrokes are superb when he's in form. He's very athletic, has a nice serve and a nice game to watch. He's an overall aesthetically pleasing player, when he's good form.

Naudio Spanlatine
12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
it was targeted at you to myself:nerner: :haha:

Mountaindewslave
12-21-2011, 02:07 AM
What does approaching the net have to do with anything? Monfils is a pusher who just comes up with a random shot after both players are tired as shit after a 100 stroke rally. Dolgo is inconsistent as crap. There is only one clear winner here.

Have you ever even picked up a racket?

the funny part is I have probably played far more tennis than you.

it is irrelevant, however, as you are just spouting your opinion. approaching the net has everything to do with it, because Tsonga is easier to read than Alex or Monfils and is extremely predictable and therefore boring in his style of play. he approaches the net probably more than any player on tour, it is extremely repetitive.

you are saying that Alex is not exciting because he is inconsistant? that is irrelevant. he certainly has tons of variety and is hard to read. his serve alone provides more excitement than the average player with his unorthodox toss/motion. and seriously??? you are saying Monfils is not entertaining because he pushes frequently????

have you never seen the incredible saves Monfils makes and his athletic ability? that is what he is known for! providing excitement rather than an intelligent and winning game plan. I could find you a million youtube videos that further provide explanation for how he is exciting!

rather than claim that a stranger has 'never picked up a tennis racket' why don't you actually come up with some excuses/explanations of why a player actually is entertaining, because you clearly have not watched Monfils or Dolgopolov play much

Edda
12-21-2011, 03:46 AM
All of these guys are entertaining for all the wrong reasons. Weird is more the word.

I prefer Federer, Nadal, Ferrer and Ferrero. The grace of Federer, the toughness of Nadal and Ferrer and the courage of Ferrero to continue playing after overcoming much in the way of injuries and illness all entertain me.

Monfils
12-23-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm asking how many Monfils matches have seen persons who answered in that topic. GaŽl wasn't #7 in the world if he was doing "random shots", if he hadn't any game plan or i don't know what. Yes GaŽl can do weird things and yes he did a bad season this year (but finishing 16 when you miss 5 Masters 1000 is a pretty good performance), but no GaŽl isn't a clown and he's a great tennis player with a good science of game.

He improved his game and isn't the same player than in 2008! Nobody wants to see it, but you aren't watching GaŽl matches. He's serious and he can play very well, but sometimes he has some fun, he likes do incredible shots. And so what? Tennis is a game and he enjoys playing, having fun and plays with crowd. Only grumpy don't like it.

I'm french and i went to French Open and Bercy several times. I can say when GaŽl is playing it's not the same than others players. It's 100x better, even the crowd feels it. You should have been in the stadium to understand what i'm talking about.

Allez GaŽl, don't change anything !

Smiling Buddha
12-23-2011, 04:29 AM
Ramesh Krishnan, Vijay Amritraj, Paradorn Shrichapan.