last year down under, 2012 :sad: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

last year down under, 2012 :sad:

Via
12-17-2011, 12:26 AM
arno has been confirmed by noumea's entry list.

if he goes far in this tournament, it will be a very nice warm up for the ao qualies the week after.

Fat Camel
12-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I will nevet lose the believe that Arnaud has a small chance on getting WC to his most probably last AO.

Via
12-21-2011, 10:51 PM
entry in AO qualifying list now official :)

soulage
12-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi everybody hope everybody spend a good XMas time :)

Arnaud is arrived in Nouméa Sylvain posted a message on arno's facebook to tell it. Arno should be seed there and the draw will be made saturday at 5 pm local time.

Via
12-28-2011, 10:10 PM
wow his holiday ended earlier than mine lol

actually noumea is still a holiday, right? enjoy :D

happy new year (to come) everyone

Marine
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
wow his holiday ended earlier than mine lol

actually noumea is still a holiday, right? enjoy :D

Exactly, that was I was going to answer: it's great holiday !!!!!!!!
ohh yeah january is the month of the year when I always dream of going down under. I'm so jealous !!!! :p

Soulage, do you mean Arnaud never writes his messages on FB ? LOL
It's also my opinion, but I think it's a pity if he's not able to take 2 min of his free time, every week, to say hello to his fans.

soulage
12-30-2011, 09:09 AM
It's also my opinion, but I think it's a pity if he's not able to take 2 min of his free time, every week, to say hello to his fans.
It's strange because at the beginning of Internet Arno was connected with his fans. Then he's not a big fan of social media so it's surely why he never post himself well maybe he did it 2 times last year :lol: but when he will stop it means no more news :sad:

The forecast for Noumea is not great for next days. It will be rainy days hope he can pratice and play some matches.

Kezzi
12-30-2011, 11:49 AM

It's strange because at the beginning of Internet Arno was connected with his fans. Then he's not a big fan of social media so it's surely why he never post himself well maybe he did it 2 times last year :lol: but when he will stop it means no more news :sad:
I think he emails some messages for Sylvain to post. I think the messages with quotation marks are actual quotations from Arnaud. Like the ones about how he feels in a tournament for example. :)

And when he stops his own fb also isn't a guarantee for news. Nico L does his own fb, but there's hardly any news there. Only some promo for events he does for charity and that's it.

Via
12-30-2011, 10:03 PM
when he retires, i hope to see him through news of nolwenn! lol

when it rains in noumea, he can still go swimming ;) (if you think of it as a holiday)

soulage
01-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Happy new year :bigwave:

I think he emails some messages for Sylvain to post. I think the messages with quotation marks are actual quotations from Arnaud. Like the ones about how he feels in a tournament for example. :)

And when he stops his own fb also isn't a guarantee for news. Nico L does his own fb, but there's hardly any news there. Only some promo for events he does for charity and that's it.
Yes it's surely a phone call or a mail and Sylvain posted it as it was Arno but it remains a little bit impersonal. True that if the player is not himself activ on his social media during his carreer tough to think he will be after retirement :sad: Grosjean has a twitter and a facebook and it's a desert :sad:

Back to Noumea Arno is not playing doubles hope it's not for pain problems :confused: and just a logistic question. It's raining for next days and no indoor courts there :umbrella: It will be an adaptated schedule all week. Arno is playing R1 vs a french of course :p Burquier on tuesday but with the weather nothing sure.

Marine
01-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Happy New Year, Bonne Année everybody !!!!

Yes u're right, but I don't understand why he prefers to email Sylvain, it would be faster , et more direct, to post 2 little sentences on FB.
(il préfère peut-être qu'on corrige ses fautes. :p)

Kezzi
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Happy new year everyone! :cheerleader:

Well, if he had fb it would be easy to post himself, but since he doesn't use it, he also can't post there. :shrug:
Personally I don't care who pushes the publish button on fb, as long as the message comes from Arnaud it's as personal as if he would type it himself imo. If he emails it, Sylvain can copy and paste it, there's no difference in what he wants to say to us. :)
You could even say that he cares more since this takes more effort. :p

Via
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
happy new year! i'm very aware of it as the new year brings tennis to tv :lol:

i have to say i also rather he posts on fb himself... when it's done through another person, it can be edited, polished etc etc it's just not the same.

it's hard to imagine a single guy of his age, travelling a lot, does not use fb! it's not like he stays at home looking after a few kids you know ;)

Kezzi
01-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Happy new year to you too! Yes, I'm always happy about that, finally something again after a quiet time. :D

Maybe Arnaud just doesn't like fb? One of my French friends (about my age) is completely against it. He has an account just to follow his closest friends and that's it. And I know more people who you'd expect to have FB and they don't. And if they do they rarely use it. It might seem weird in a time where everyone seems to have it, but it's really more common than you think.
I do know there was a fake account for Arnaud in 2010. I asked Arnaud about it at a tournament and he said it wasn't his. The account was also removed a few months later, I think many people reported it.
But he also did the videos for the FB, so I really think he knows what's going on on his fb. But maybe I'm too naive when it comes to this. I just don't really mind if it's a little edited/polished, as long as it still reflects what he wanted to say. The same happens with every interview he gives unless it's on tape. And in a way it's better to know that it's not him than when he would let others post for him and pretend he posts himself.
Maybe he prefers other ways to keep in touch with his family/friends which aren't suitable to keep in touch with all his fans.
And didn't Arnaud say in his book that he used to be outdoors and Bruno was the one who was interested in computers and stuff? :lol:

soulage
01-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Someone wants a bit of news He lost to Burquier 62/46/57 and that's not the worst :sad:

He was 4-1 up in the third set with BP to lead 5-1. When he served for the match at 5-3 he was 40-00 up :rolleyes: even had a fourth MP on Ad to finally be broken on first BP :mad:. I can't hardly remember him losing after 4 MP on serve :facepalm:. The stats are very good the result a nightmare for him. I don't know what's happened on those points :confused: Maybe more news in newspaper as i was not awake.

I'm sure the post match was very tough :hug: that's cruel to lose a match like that. The last season can't be a nightmare losing in those ways vs a nobodody in first round of a challenger :sobbing::sobbing:. Next must be Melbourne qualies and i'm already worried :sadface:. Poor boy doesn't deserve this kind of losses :sad:

I think the doubles list for Melbourne must be out this week not sure but I hope he found someone to play with him and make the cut cos coming down under to play 2 matches :rolleyes:

Via
01-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Maybe he prefers other ways to keep in touch with his family/friends which aren't suitable to keep in touch with all his fans.

phone? lol

Someone wants a bit of news He lost to Burquier 62/46/57 and that's not the worst :sad:

He was 4-1 up in the third set with BP to lead 5-1. When he served for the match at 5-3 he was 40-00 up :rolleyes: even had a fourth MP on Ad to finally be broken on first BP :mad:. I can't hardly remember him losing after 4 MP on serve :facepalm:. The stats are very good the result a nightmare for him. I don't know what's happened on those points :confused: Maybe more news in newspaper as i was not awake.

I'm sure the post match was very tough :hug: that's cruel to lose a match like that. The last season can't be a nightmare losing in those ways vs a nobodody in first round of a challenger :sobbing::sobbing:. Next must be Melbourne qualies and i'm already worried :sadface:. Poor boy doesn't deserve this kind of losses :sad:

I think the doubles list for Melbourne must be out this week not sure but I hope he found someone to play with him and make the cut cos coming down under to play 2 matches :rolleyes:

:facepalm::facepalm: let's hope it's not to do with any injury.

i've been checking the melbourne forum every day hoping to see the doubles entry. if arno's not playing, i may leave melbourne very quickly too :unsure: the fact that he doesn't play doubles in noumea does not give me a lot of hope.

Kezzi
01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
phone? lol

:facepalm::facepalm: let's hope it's not to do with any injury.

i've been checking the melbourne forum every day hoping to see the doubles entry. if arno's not playing, i may leave melbourne very quickly too :unsure: the fact that he doesn't play doubles in noumea does not give me a lot of hope.
I was more thinking of Skype or something more private. :) And yes, maybe phone, who knows. :p

I also hope it's not an injury. :scared: Let's hope there's news for a reason why he lost with these stats. :sad:

soulage
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I also hope it's not an injury. :scared: Let's hope there's news for a reason why he lost with these stats. :sad:
Don't know the reason but the match was in his hands 40-00 up I mean he should have never lose that. His serve stats are very good so very strange :sad: Start the year by that is near the worst start and the draw was open good way to win points :o The quarter finalist are all winnable. from official site
Arnaud Clément ( tête de série N6) a manqué 4 balles de matchs sur son service, perdant 7/5 dans le 3ème sets face au jeune Grégoire Burquier ( 248 ème), offensif et opportuniste
From the local newspaper we learn that Arno was palying well in first set that in the second set Arno was broken at 4-4 and that the heat was very important and it had impact on the game. And i nust notice that Arno already lost to Burquier in Interclub in November.

Well I think he should be seeds in AO qualies but it will be tough and tricky and that loss not help :sad:. For double he has not a good ranking so not easy and does he really want to play it ? Maybe he will give us news on Facebook :p

Via
01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
yes yes yes doubles in melbourne with lukas dlouhy (sp?) too lazy to check again gotta go!!!

Via
01-10-2012, 07:00 AM
qualies draw is also out, he gets bjorn phau 1st round, as he's seeded the draw does not look too demanding, but hey he can't win a match in challengers so what do i know. i'm ready to come back if he loses first round qualies :o

soulage
01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Phau is also a veteran and no H2H :eek: Well I would have prefer another guy you know someone you doesn't know he exists before you see his name in the draw :lol: Phau can be tricky of course he's not as fast as he was but he has a bit the same kind of game plan than Arno. Anyway Arno has bad loss in the head and misses matches to be ready :sad: We can't know what will happen. I looked at the schedule and not before 2 am for us in France so not easy to follow but maybe it's better :confused:

Dlouhy was a bit injured in Auckland qualies and got trashed in first round of Brisbane and Auckland in doubles with Melo :rolleyes: Well if Arno lost early they will have time to work the doubles together

Via
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
since when does the men's 1st round play on wednesday??? serious sh!! i haven't flown yet :eek:

ok. rain and hail forecasted for tomorrow, all hope not lost.

soulage
01-10-2012, 10:27 AM
since when does the men's 1st round play on wednesday??? serious sh!! i haven't flown yet :eek:

ok. rain and hail forecasted for tomorrow, all hope not lost.
It was not Wednesday last year ? Well rain :rolleyes: but maybe good for you.

I found on the twitter of a journalist of L'equipe that Arno would arrived only yesterday in Melbourne. he's with Nolwenn ;) So he must have stayed all week in Nouméa and if he's with Nolwenn he's surely not played only tennis :couple: It's maybe not the best preparation but he's not alone :angel: and was as we said surely at the beach :lol:

Marine
01-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Good choice, this year, it was her last chance to go to Australia ! She will know all the grand slams. Lucky Nolwenn !!!

soulage
01-11-2012, 09:16 AM
57/26 :sad: :sad: :hug:

I was woke up a littler bit earlier today around 6 am. With the rain delay Arno was still on court and when I opened the scoreboard it was 75/*10 :o for Phau just check some infos on twitter and so Arno was up a break in the first set as he lost four games in a row to lost it according a tweet :mad: I think it's official he can't no more close out a set :sad: The beggining of second set was an exchange of breaks until 2-2 then Arno collapsed. It appears if i understand well that arno doesnt' hold a service game from 5-3 in first set :eek: Poor way to play his last AO :sobbing: I know that Phau was not a good draw due to too similar game as he can't take the power of his opponent. Extract from a report http://www.thenextpoint.com/?p=1575
I suppose we could make a similar case for Clement, although admittedly on a more modest scale. In any case, he falls to Bjorn Phau, another veteran, who has made long career out of qualifying. Based on the set I watch, it is a phenomenally dull encounter, with both players looking under-powered and error-pron
It seems according that scenario that he's down mentally no confidence at all; puting pression on himself as usual in GS qualies and with an average physic he can't do a lot of damage on court. The off season and the exhibitions matches was nice but ATP tour is another story and old Arno is out of the business :timebomb: For doubles I don't have too much expectations due to this results and bad form of Dlouhy but tennis can be crazy :lol: :cheerleader: They have some days to train or maybe Arno will do tourism :drive: not sure to come back in australia one day :umbrella:.

Arno doesn't enter Heilbronn so he could be back for Montpellier qualies :unsure: I'm wondering how many single matches he will play until the end now :bigcry:

Marine
01-11-2012, 10:08 AM
If I was him, I'd stay the whole month down under, to enjoy the country and the sun ... one last time !

Via
01-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks for such detailed report, I have nothing to add cos I was boarding plane when the match started, by the time I was collecting my luggage, he had lost. I never feel so stupid doing a trip. I thought my research showed the men started qualies on thurs before I booked :mad:

Anyway if his purpose downunder is holiday not play, he now has plenty of time :devil: he and nolwenn should take me with them lol

Just sad that his last singles match here was such a....... I dunno

soulage
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
What a bad luck Via. Many matches has been cancelled with bad weather Arno could have play tomorrow but I think bad luck is going with him and us :sad:

I don't think the goal of going down under was holidays :scratch:but I hope he can take pleasure off court :umbrella: since he only play 2 matches in 2 weeks

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh no :sad: I hope he and Dlouhy do well in doubles then.

Ps. Do you all want to vote for my friend Duncan in mr mtf? Link & username in my sig :)

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
I've found this in general messages: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11621339&postcount=1
Is this true?! :eek: :sad: :crying2: :sadface: :awww:

nalbyfan
01-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes he has decided to retire after his loss to Phau. Nolwenn must be happy !!!

Lesliem
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
http://sport.direct8.fr/news/arnaud-clement-l%E2%80%99heure-de-la-retraire-a-sonne/

Is this a joke ? :sad:

It's announced everywhere (from Eurosport at first)...

If it's true he's probably very disappointed after his 2 losses to take such a decision now, I don't understand he deserves a better end of carreer at least at Roland Garros for people who loves him.

I hope it's a stupid error by a journalist :(

Lesliem
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Nothing sure about the medias even if I have a bad feeling.

Happy of what ? :rolleyes: She was supporting him despite losses and she loves tennis so I don't think she's happy if Arnaud decided to stop like that.

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
It's everywhere... Twitter, Eurosport, etc. :sad::sad::sad: I texted Sylvain to ask if he knows anything.

I do hope he decides to ask for WC or something in Marseille. He should at least say goodbye there, his home tournament... :sadface:

Why?! :rolleyes: She is his biggest fan. I'm sure she feels like we do, that Arnaud deserves a better ending to his career. :awww:

soulage
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
The eurosport lines are not write in a correct french :eek: It's his last match in Australia. The person who writes this is not in melbourne :rolleyes: No way he will miss Open 13 :cool: I think he can stop before the end of the year but he will not stop today :rolleyes:

soulage
01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
It's everywhere... Twitter, Eurosport, etc. :sad::sad::sad: I texted Sylvain to ask if he knows anything.
:rolleyes: Before write they should make a verification :o There is a difference between last match and last match in Melbourne

I do hope he decides to ask for WC or something in Marseille. He should at least say goodbye there, his home tournament... :sadface:

Except for injury he will be there in qualies in doubles or with a WC I mean you see him stop few weeks before Marseille ? He's on the alternates list released yesterday ;)

Lesliem
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
The eurosport lines are not write in a correct french :eek: It's his last match in Australia. The person who writes this is not in melbourne :rolleyes: No way he will miss Open 13 :cool: I think he can stop before the end of the year but he will not stop today :rolleyes:

Except if it's a shoulder injury, he has so much difficulties to keep his serve lastly I wonder if it's not his shoulder again :sad:... it could be the reason for a precipitated end. But I hope you're right Soulage :angel:

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
:rolleyes: Before write they should make a verification :o There is a difference between last match and last match in Melbourne

Except for injury he will be there in qualies in doubles or with a WC I mean you see him stop few weeks before Marseille ? He's on the alternates list released yesterday ;)
True, I don't see him stop before Marseille. But still, that end comes sooner than I expected. :sad: But he can announce his last match will be in Marseille this week.

Except if it's a shoulder injury, he has so much difficulties to keep his serve lastly I wonder if it's not his shoulder again :sad:... it could be the reason for a precipitated end. But I hope you're right Soulage :angel:
I hope he's not injured, it would be so sad for him not to be able to say goodbye at his home tournament.

soulage
01-11-2012, 01:27 PM
He has a shoulder injury since one year now. It's one of the main reason he's leaving this year then it surely depends of the days. I mean it's not his shoulder who prevent him to close the match in Nouméa and the first set today :o His global level also goes down he's tired by years on tour and the motivation can't be the same even if he loves tennis more than anything. Of course his serve looks more now like a WTA one :lol: He can play well but not many games in a row :p That's tough to win matches nowaydays.

Last year he was injured but played Marseille so I assume he will the same this year :confused: I mean for qualies he do what he wants no :confused:. Of course if he can't move he will miss but that's not yet the case. Can he quit in Marseille ? maybe tbh but I think his goal is still RG. I can see him play very few tournaments until RG but still a few if his body allows him.

Marine
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Ehh calm down girls !!! lol
I read L'equipe.fr, yahoo tennis, eurosport, sport24...and NO news about arnaud retiring !! As soulage said, they just said it was his last match in Melbourne.
It's very sad to end up like that in this tournament. It's also sad for Via, who didn't deserve that.
And I guess we will use "sad" for every last tournament he will play this season. Sad to end up like that in Marseille, in Roland Garros, in Wimby etc...
Actually, I don't like the idea, but he should have stoped before losing at every first rounf in qualifs, in challenger... that's hard for us, I imagine it must be hardest for him to play poorly, and I'm not sure he has fun, even if he says he still enjoys playing tennis. :sad:

soulage
01-11-2012, 01:36 PM
FFT confirms on their twitter it's a rumor it's only his last single match in australia :cool:

Eurosport writer must learn to read and write in correct french next time :mad: I never see so many tweet about Arno in 1 hour and it was about something wrong.

Another news he asked for a MD WC in Marseille. Let's see if Caujolle gives him

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, they definitely should learn how to write! If even it's clear to me with my lousy French that they really wrote he played the last match of his career! :smash: :fiery:
I see Eurosport removed the message from their website which I posted to my faceook.
It really freaked me out. :mad:

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank god it's confirmed that it's a rumor. This journalist should be fired!
http://www.welovetennis.fr/arnaud-clement/43306-clement-son-agent-n-est-pas-au-courant
I didn't know Arnaud has an agent. :lol:
And does the quote from the open 13 tournament director mean he's playing? :angel:

soulage
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually, I don't like the idea, but he should have stoped before losing at every first rounf in qualifs, in challenger... that's hard for us, I imagine it must be hardest for him to play poorly, and I'm not sure he has fun, even if he says he still enjoys playing tennis. :sad:
Yes he should stop before not being competive against those nobodys players :help: but Noumea was really hot and he got a good first set then maybe a sunstroke :lol: GS qualies are a lot of pression and without confidence he is bad in those circumstances Q1 in US Open in 2009 and 2011 and weather was really bad today rain, hail wind. I mean i don't believe he will back in top 50 level :silly: but he may do well in some challengers and some 250 with a bit of luck. He would just need to find a bit of confidence or a good win indeed but who can be sure this will happen. If it doesn't come before Wimbledon he will stop he's not crazy well not too much :lol: He's sensitiv and put of pression on himself especially after that poor cruel loss in Nouméa. Let's see indoor who suits more to his game. He will try a bit more after doing all the off season work and he has no others plans :p

Thank god it's confirmed that it's a rumor. This journalist should be fired!
http://www.welovetennis.fr/arnaud-cl...pas-au-courant
I didn't know Arnaud has an agent.
And does the quote from the open 13 tournament director mean he's playing?
I'm not sure it's a tennis journalist who write this maybe a web editor but one thing sure is that the sentence was not write in good french and people have understand it wrongly :mad: That person needs french lessons and know a bit more about tennis.

Caujolle was just saying he didn't know about retirement. It's others french journalist who write he asked for 1 MD WC in Marseille. Arno has almost no more contract so an agent is not very usefull :devil:

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure it's a tennis journalist who write this maybe a web editor but one thing sure is that the sentence was not write in good french and people have understand it wrongly :mad: That person needs french lessons and know a bit more about tennis.

Caujolle was just saying he didn't know about retirement. It's others french journalist who write he asked for 1 MD WC in Marseille. Arno has almost no more contract so an agent is not very usefull :devil:
I don't know, but the French was correct imo. They wrote a wrong message. I don't think there's anything to misunderstand when they write this:
Arnaud Clément a disputé le dernier match de sa carrière à Melbourne au 1er tour des qualifications face à Bjorn Phau (7-5, 6-2). L'Aixois, ex-N.4 mondial aujourd'hui 150e, a confirmé qu'il ne disputerait pas la saison 2012 au-delà de l'Open d'Australie
That person needs to be fired. :fiery:

Thanks, then google translated it wrong I think. :)

soulage
01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
L'Aixois, ex-N.4 mondial aujourd'hui 150e, a confirmé qu'il ne disputerait pas la saison 2012 au-delà de l'Open d'Australie
This sentence is not very good french for me :rolleyes: Then other sites like WLT creates a subject while there is no quotes of Arno just one line by an anonymous editor on Eurosport who is not in Melbourne.

In General Message they don't change the title while it was reported wrong but i'm just a fan girl it seems :rolleyes:

Marine
01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Arnaud Clément a disputé le dernier match de sa carrière à Melbourne
J'avoue qu'elle est vicieuse celle-là ! :lol:
Question d'interprétation.

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
This sentence is not very good french for me :rolleyes: Then other sites like WLT creates a subject while there is no quotes of Arno just one line by an anonymous editor on Eurosport who is not in Melbourne.

In General Message they don't change the title while it was reported wrong but i'm just a fan girl it seems :rolleyes:
Maybe not that one, but the first one look ok to me. :scratch:

Maybe it helps if more "fangirls" report it, I will do so as well. :)

J'avoue qu'elle est vicieuse celle-là ! :lol:
Question d'interprétation.
Is it really interpretation? Not to offend you, but I'm just curious to how the French build their sentences. :) I also think the French have a weird way of counting and reading the clock :lol:.
For me that literally says "last match of his career in Melbourne", but if they mean it's his last match in Melbourne, I would mention Melbourne before I mention his career. Maybe it's best if they wouldn't have used the word career at all.

Fat Camel
01-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Thank god it's just rumours! And thank you for all this posting!
But pity this guy is wrong about this thing: ex N-4 mondial looks nice :)

Anyway, very sad to say goodbye to AO like this :( I'm still a bit angry at FFT for giving WC to de Schepper.

soulage
01-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Is it really interpretation? Not to offend you, but I'm just curious to how the French build their sentences. :) I also think the French have a weird way of counting and reading the clock :lol:.
For me that literally says "last match of his career in Melbourne", but if they mean it's his last match in Melbourne, I would mention Melbourne before I mention his career. Maybe it's best if they wouldn't have used the word career at all.
French is tough. For me if Melbourne was mentioned before his career it would announce the end of his career while put behind his career it stressed it's his last match in Melbourne. Then it's not so clear :lol: both can be used for the same sense :smoke:

The Eurosport guy misunderstood that sentence to write on their site he was calling the end of his career today and yes he has never been n°4 in the world :lol: Not a great journalist :rolleyes:

Anyway, very sad to say goodbye to AO like this I'm still a bit angry at FFT for giving WC to de Schepper.
He can't have all WC because he's leaving tennis but if the french giant lost to a nobody i will not smile.
I'm hoping one in Marseille because it's his tournament finger cross for this and of course for RG even if he got one last year.
Then if he needs WC to enter french challengers we hope he gets them too. He will have very bad ranking after AO and Montpellier so maybe he will need some help from tournament directors and on that point announcing his retirement for 2012 is good way to have them :p

soulage
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Arno's words :angel: :devil:

Je me lève, il n'est pas encore 8h du mat en Australie et j'apprends que je suis à la retraite en allumant mon téléphone. C'est juste une pure invention d'un journaliste (d'eurosport apparemment). Je n'ai parlé qu'au journal l'Equipe hier pour dire à quel point j'étais déçu pour mon match, également pour redire que ça sera sans doute mon corps qui décidera de ma retraite, et que celui-ci allait plutôt bien en ce moment. J'ai le double ici la semaine prochaine et je suis très motivé à l'idée de jouer Montpellier et surtout l'Open 13 de Marseille le mois prochain! En résumé, la retraite ce n'est pas pour tout de suite!! ;-) A bientôt tout le monde

Not 8 am in Melbourne he's waking up, opened his phoned and learned he's retired :smash: Just an invention from a journalist. He only spoke to l'equipe to say how he was disappointed ed by his match and to say again that it's only his body that will decide of the retirement and atm this one is quite good. He has double next week and he is very motivated by Montpellier and even more by Open 13 ;)next month?. To sum up he's not retired.

So we have to announce his retirement to have a message from him on facebook :rolls:

Well he doesn't blame his body for those losses so it comes back on this confidence problem and of course his level of play and his game style in that actual tennis. We'll see indoor as said before.

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 09:15 PM
French is tough. For me if Melbourne was mentioned before his career it would announce the end of his career while put behind his career it stressed it's his last match in Melbourne. Then it's not so clear :lol: both can be used for the same sense :smoke:

I'm hoping one in Marseille because it's his tournament finger cross for this and of course for RG even if he got one last year.
Then if he needs WC to enter french challengers we hope he gets them too. He will have very bad ranking after AO and Montpellier so maybe he will need some help from tournament directors and on that point announcing his retirement for 2012 is good way to have them :p
French is definitely tough! The more lessons I have the more it convinces me that I'll never learn properly. :unsure: But I guess Frenchies who have to learn Dutch think the same thing. :p
Though I still think your way of counting is the strangest ever, why combine numbers if you can just say ninety eight? :p Maybe I should try to learn the counting in Belgian French, I believe their numbers are easier. :angel:

I'm hoping for Marseille too, cause I'm going. :bounce:

Marine
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
French is definitely tough! The more lessons I have the more it convinces me that I'll never learn properly. :unsure: But I guess Frenchies who have to learn Dutch think the same thing. :p
...and english. No need to take example of dutch (probably very hard, like german), we suck so much in english ! :lol:

Though I still think your way of counting is the strangest ever, why combine numbers if you can just say ninety eight? :p Maybe I should try to learn the counting in Belgian French, I believe their numbers are easier. :angel:

What's wrong with our four-twenties ?? :lol:
I know, swiss and belgians are more logic than french. Just a matter of habit. I don't imagine myself using belgian numbers. lol

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 10:58 PM
...and english. No need to take example of dutch (probably very hard, like german), we suck so much in english ! :lol:

What's wrong with our four-twenties ?? :lol:
I know, swiss and belgians are more logic than french. Just a matter of habit. I don't imagine myself using belgian numbers. lol
I just took the example of Dutch to also speak about my own language, because I'm commenting on yours. :) German and Dutch are both Germanic, so more similar. A few months ago I told one of my French friends that even when it comes to something as simple as weekdays, Dutch, German and English are pretty similar while French is very different. Take Monday. In the order posted above it would be Maandag - Montag - Monday - Lundi, do you see what I mean? :lol:

Nothing is wrong with your four-twenties, but for non French speakers it's very hard. ;) When I hear a French person say that, I will first have to ask to repeat slowly, then one by one translate the numbers and finally decide if I have to multiply or add them to each other. Which is really not easy for a beginner. :rolls: Though these differences in languages make it interesting to learn, especially since we all live pretty close together. :)

Marine
01-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I just took the example of Dutch to also speak about my own language, because I'm commenting on yours. :) German and Dutch are both Germanic, so more similar. A few months ago I told one of my French friends that even when it comes to something as simple as weekdays, Dutch, German and English are pretty similar while French is very different. Take Monday. In the order posted above it would be Maandag - Montag - Monday - Lundi, do you see what I mean?

lundi-lunedi-lunes (italian-spanish)
I so prefer latin languages ! lol

Kezzi
01-11-2012, 11:21 PM
lundi-lunedi-lunes (italian-spanish)
I so prefer latin languages ! lol
That's why it's good for me to learn French, cause it makes Italian and Spanish easier to understand as well. Which is always a good thing for holidays. :)

Via
01-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Even if arno did think about quitting last night, he would come out of retirement today just to spite the haters and irresponsible journalists :lol:

I'm also amused to see how soulage's rational dissection is dismissed as fangirl talk at generals. As if no fan can own a brain :devil:

soulage
01-12-2012, 08:33 AM
So the famous and only talk in l'equipe today. Translation to follow

A kind of summary

Are will we see Arnaud Clement in Melbourne next year ? "It depends of my body" answered he 30 minutes after losing in first round against another veteran. He didn't see in that loss a reason to quit tennis. 2001 was another life it's not because of that he's upset. He intended to qualify and lost that match after serving for first set. The weather conditions was bad but he's still irritated. Why a former top 10 now 150# he's here ? He asked the question himself last week where he didn't show the same energy. Yesterday he tried longtime before losing to Phau who was more eased with the conditions.

This short moment in Melbourne doesn't change his philosophy of the moment. He already said he's not able to say how long he will still take pkeasure on court. It will depend of his shoulder who let him quite free lately. So 3 months; 6 or 1 year he doesn't have the answer. He doesn't continue to lost in first round he knows his level and what he has to overcome to find again competitivity.

Anyway he has plan to play Montpellier and Marseille. Then the journalist invite the fans to see him there because for him Arno is not here for a long time :rolleyes:

Marine
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Merci soulage !

I think he's really sincere when he says he doesn't know when he will retire.
I think he doesn't want to stop. In his mind he's not ready.

soulage
01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I think he's really sincere when he says he doesn't know when he will retire.
I think he doesn't want to stop. In his mind he's not ready.
Yes I hope he will leave in a good way and not after another poor anonymous loss being 300#. He deserves better I had bad memories the way Seb left tennis :sad:

The bonus of lequipe today was the page after the 2001 semi final

https://rapidshare.com/files/181504857/120111_161651-ArnaudClement.pdf

Kezzi
01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
To everyone who didn't vote for Duncan yet, please do. :D There are 30 minutes left. :cheerleader:
He can win the final with your votes! :bounce:
If only it was as easy as voting to make Arnaud win. :lol:

Edit: It's a tiebreak until 7pm, so if you are online, VOTE NOW! :D
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195038

Kezzi
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Eurosport apologizes :)
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/atp-tour/2011/clement-n-en-a-pas-fini_sto3105847/flashnews.shtml

soulage
01-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Nice thing to apologize.

Lukas and Arno draw Soares/Butorac the 10 seeds. Not easy of course, Dlouhy lost to them in Auckland last week. It's double we never know :angel: so good luck :)

Via
01-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Nice thing to apologize.

Lukas and Arno draw Soares/Butorac the 10 seeds. Not easy of course, Dlouhy lost to them in Auckland last week. It's double we never know :angel: so good luck :)

Lost to them last week? Who was the partner? Is arno any better? :unsure:

Well then its likely i'll see his real last match in melbourne :sobbing:

soulage
01-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Dlouhy was playing with Marcello Melo in Brisbane and Auckland two losses in first round. They lost 75/60 to Soares/Butorac. Maybe they'll play Wednesday the only day rain is expected.

Fat Camel
01-16-2012, 05:30 PM
De Schepper with all his height losing 3-6 2-6 2-6 to lately awful Querrey :facepalm: Letting Querrey to win 5 games on his serve :o
Good luck to Arnaud in doubles!

soulage
01-16-2012, 07:55 PM
De Schepper with all his height losing 3-6 2-6 2-6 to lately awful Querrey :facepalm: Letting Querrey to win 5 games on his serve :o
You makes me laugh :lol: Poor Kenny :angel:

Last message on facebook just appears https://www.facebook.com/arnaudclementofficiel/posts/298899726824727 and we were right he makes tourisme in the town ;)

Via
01-16-2012, 08:11 PM

Last message on facebook just appears https://www.facebook.com/arnaudclementofficiel/posts/298899726824727 and we were right he makes tourisme in the town ;)

I also did tourism in town for 4 days.. But the aquarium and qv market were two places that I didnt go :o

Marine
01-16-2012, 09:29 PM
It's the first time Arnaud talks about doing tourism !
We can see he's not alone there and it's his last time in Melbourne !
(Anyway, how lucky he is to be there ! :p)

Fat Camel
01-16-2012, 10:19 PM

I have nothing against poor Kenny :angel: But that was really bad and for WC.

Via
01-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I have wed's order of play in my hand, and there's no arno. What am I missing???? This is torture.

soulage
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I have wed's order of play in my hand, and there's no arno. What am I missing???? This is torture.
:o They have put the singles players who are playing on thursday and doubles tomorrow. That's long if they lost on thursday he would have spend 3 weeks down under for no wins :eek:

It's the first time Arnaud talks about doing tourism !
We can see he's not alone there and it's his last time in Melbourne !
(Anyway, how lucky he is to be there ! )
I remember him talking about going to Niagara Falls 2 or 3 years ago after a loss in Toronto just because he didn't know if he would come back. And when he was down under with Camille or even Anne Gaelle he must have already visit the town and not only the bar like with his tennis friend :lol:

Kezzi
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
:hug: I hate oop makers sometimes. :smash:

:o They have put the singles players who are playing on thursday and doubles tomorrow. That's long if they lost on thursday he would have spend 3 weeks down under for no wins :eek:

I remember him talking about going to Niagara Falls 2 or 3 years ago after a loss in Toronto just because he didn't know if he would come back. And when he was down under with Camille or even Anne Gaelle he must have already visit the town and not only the bar like with his tennis friend :lol:
Who is Anne Gaelle? :confused:

soulage
01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Who is Anne Gaelle? :confused:
You don't know Anne Gaelle Sidot the good lefty player who retired early. They have dated few years at the end of 90' I even remember a report on them in the journal of roland garros when they were playing mixed together.
And alone when he has time he must find some places to go he was saying walking in Stockholm 2 years ago when he played qualies or going to the Hermitage in St Petersburg. For sure They are really lucky to travel around the world :cool:

I have nothing against poor Kenny But that was really bad and for WC.This choice is mainly the one of DIP best friend of Arno. I think DIP would love to give the WC for Arno but he can't. Then I cross my fingers for RG

Kezzi
01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
You don't know Anne Gaelle Sidot the good lefty player who retired early. They have dated few years at the end of 90' I even remember a report on them in the journal of roland garros when they were playing mixed together.
And alone when he has time he must find some places to go he was saying walking in Stockholm 2 years ago when he played qualies or going to the Hermitage in St Petersburg. For sure They are really lucky to travel around the world :cool:

This choice is mainly the one of DIP best friend of Arno. I think DIP would love to give the WC for Arno but he can't. Then I cross my fingers for RG
No, I don't. I guess she retired before I started watching tennis if they dated at the end of '90. And since she's not Dutch, I probably never saw her on the news here either. :p

Via
01-17-2012, 09:51 AM

Soulage you really can find logic in such illogical places :worship:

If your right it still isnt right for the doubles schedule to make way for singles commitment.. Unless we no longer pretend that doubles are an equal competition..

I dont think arno in all those years had had the time and mood to visit so many places in melbourne lol

I'll have to wait to see if i'll see nolwenn courtside when he plays. Then at least its a good reason for all the wait.

Via
01-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Bad news on Facebook he's not playing but i'm not sure why (bad french) :bigcry:

Lesliem
01-18-2012, 05:42 AM
he's injured and has to stop for next weeks, so maybe no Open 13 :sad: and no double in Melbourne, he's coming back in France...Sorry for you Via :sad:

Marine
01-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Via, he got injured on his calf during a footing :awww:
He's aleady in flight back. I imagine he's sad and disapointed to end up like that.

soulage
01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Via :hug:

That's just an awful news :sad: He already speaks about few weeks off before to see the french doctor so it means it's serious :sad: I'm thinking to a breakdow it's happens during footing sometimes but that's just a poor injury you need one or two months to come back on court :bigcry::help:

He must be out for Montpellier and Quimper and I'm afraid for Marseille I think 3 weeks are not enough for that kind of injury :confused:. I can't believe he can miss the farewell in his home. Well we are waiting the news from France but the saying goes the worst always happen :mad:

Marine
01-18-2012, 08:10 AM
All the tournaments he will miss the next weeks, he will play them again next year !
Just an idea...

soulage
01-18-2012, 08:22 AM
He's aleady in flight back. I imagine he's sad and disapointed to end up like that.
Yes I think he must be mad and sad about that injury. He misses doubles so no MD in Melbourne which is already a really bad news then he knows that come back on court will be tough. If he stops during many weeks to work again to be competitiv will be just a big mountain :eek: for a veteran :p

That's cruel to not have a good end of career :mad: It's as if all the injuries he didn't get during his carrer would come in the last years :eek: A revenge of the body maybe :unsure:

So Benoit is OUT For 6 weeks Arno at least few weeks my favs too unlucky

soulage
01-18-2012, 08:32 AM
All the tournaments he will miss the next weeks, he will play them again next year !
Just an idea...
You think ? This injury can the one too much for him. He's 34 to stop during a long time doesn't go well. No more competitiv no decent rankings to enter tournaments well that sucks.

Playing Open 13 next year in doubles maybe :confused: I know he's courageous and in love with tennis :angel: but when i read that news i found nothing positiv and can't believe he will continue many months. Can Montalvand found it's just a contracture and i will be happy :angel:

Marine
01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
No, just my idea, I mean, in a perfect world, he would finish in a good way in the tournaments he loves. I know it's not possible.

You're right, Arnaud is courageaous. It's his first quality.
Serious, courageous, passionned... :worship:

soulage
01-18-2012, 09:36 AM
No, just my idea, I mean, in a perfect world, he would finish in a good way in the tournaments he loves. I know it's not possible.
Playing good matches in Marseille was surely the goal of the next weeks. That's sad if he's not able to be on court there. I check and we are now 5 weeks before Marseille so unless it's a contracture or a small strained I don't give him many chances :sad: Let's see what will say the MRI in France :scratch:

You're right, Arnaud is courageaous. It's his first quality.
Serious, courageous, passionned... :worship:
He said that his body will decide the end and for the body it seems it's time :unsure:. The betrayal of his body could prevent him to show his mental quality.

Just saw that he was teaming up again with Dlouhy in Montpellier. It's a pity I would have been interested to see what they were able to do. He could have win title in doubles with a good and regular partner like this.

Via
01-20-2012, 04:06 AM
i guess i'll have the last word on this thread :p

first of all thanks to all who felt sorry for me :hug: although i must say, it'd be better to be envied, than to be pitied :sobbing:

finally i don't think there'll be a next year in melbourne for arno... really... it's not often when one can choose how to leave, in most cases it's unfulfilling and not in glory. i'll just have to keep last year's memories and how i last saw him walk off court with my koala in tow :hug:

Clashcityrocker
01-21-2012, 08:07 AM
People, Miss Contest starts today and Catchie needs your vote !! thank you very much :D

and her sister Kezzi plays as well ;)

voting starts at 18.00 CET

Lesliem
01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
A new post by Arno on facebook about his injury

Bonjour à tous !
Les news ne sont pas trop mauvaises dans la mesure ou la déchirure n'est pas si importante qu'on aurait pu le penser au départ. Il n'y a pas d'hématome. Il ne me sera cependant pas possible d'être prêt pour le tournoi de Montpellier mais si la cicatrisation se passe correctement, j'ai espoir de pouvoir reprendre le chemin de la compétition à Quimper. Bon dimanche à tous et merci pour votre soutien et vos nombreux messages !

His injury is less important than what he believed. It's not the injury announced by l'Equipe (I don't know the english terms). There is no hematoma. He will miss Montpellier but hopes to be ready for Quimper :).

higherlaw
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
:dance::dance:Hi old friends! Although a little late, I just stopped by to say it is sad Arnaud didn't get to play this year.

Surely he'll be back to play as a Legend (with Seb?)

Hope everyone is well.

aliasthad
01-28-2012, 03:03 PM

That would be great! :yeah:

Via
02-04-2012, 10:44 PM
:dance::dance:Hi old friends! Although a little late, I just stopped by to say it is sad Arnaud didn't get to play this year.

Hope everyone is well.

only just saw your post! :wavey:

arno didn't play doubles in melbourne but he still looks forward to play in the coming weeks. he's not quitting as yet!

only thing is, i call him a 'local player' - i won't see much of him, and probably not you either :shrug: