Former DC captain Tito Vázquez: 'Nalbandian is not a positive leader' [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Former DC captain Tito Vázquez: 'Nalbandian is not a positive leader'

Action Jackson
12-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Nalbandian can be difficult, but facts are without him Argentina wouldn't be making Davis Cup finals.

Even funnier that the players wanted Martin Jaite as DC captain when Alberto Mancini left the position so that Don Morea decides to appoint Vázquez, just to piss them off.

Martin Jaite should be the next DC captain and Zabaleta as an assistant.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/87394/v%C3%A1zquez-nalbandian-is-not-a-positive-leader

Vázquez: 'Nalbandian is not a positive leader'

Modesto “Tito” Vázquez, Argentina’s former Davis Cup Captain, assured that the tennis player from Córdoba David Nalbandian “is not a positive leader.”
“I don’t see Nalbandian as a positive leader, I’ve always treated him as another member of the team,” Vázquez, who has been recently dissociated from the Copa Davis team, assured during an interview.

Vázquez coached the Argentine team that lost ten days ago the Davis final against Spain, played in Sevilla. The Argentine Tennis Association (AAT) did not renew his contract on Tuesday.

“I don’t think the same way as Nalbandian does. I don’t agree with his idea of leadership,” Vázquez said and added that the next captain of the team “shouldn’t be a friend of the players.”

fast_clay
12-16-2011, 01:29 AM
morea is a mug

Action Jackson
12-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Morea is as bad Grondona when it comes to dodgy characters.

nalbyfan
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Vazquez accuses Nalby to text during team mates's matchs...Gasquet and many other players do the same !! Hope Jaite will bring some peace in Argentina's team. Vazquez was not a good captain, he should shut up instead of bashing players

Chirag
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Sadly Nalbandian only leads well in the battle for food

abraxas21
12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
nalbandian only shows positive leadership in the all-you-can-eat buffets

Naudio Spanlatine
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
oh no DRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA !

Shinoj
12-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Tito, whoever you are, you can take a Hike:wavey::wavey:

viruzzz
12-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Old news.
I support Dave and so many people here do, but we all know he's a... "Difficult person".

Sapeod
12-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Sadly Nalbandian only leads well in the battle for food

Correct.

tennis2tennis
12-16-2011, 06:22 PM
and in other breaking news water is wet and the sun is hot!

Naudio Spanlatine
12-16-2011, 06:35 PM

STFU :rolleyes:

Lucilla
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I like Nalbandian more than Tito Vázquez.

Gabe32
12-16-2011, 09:19 PM
But when he plays, the clouds part, wild animals become tame and the tennis gods smile. If everyone watched David Nalbandian play, there would never be any war.