The Australian Open Vault!! (Free matches of the AO online since 1998!!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Australian Open Vault!! (Free matches of the AO online since 1998!!)

Matt-TennisFan24
12-14-2011, 01:22 AM
This is the best thing ever. :cool: Surprised there was no thread about it.

A lot of matches online since 1998, it has the 2009 Nadal vs Verdasco, the 2005 Federer vs Safin, and even the long 2003 Roddick vs El Aynaoui!! (along with many, many more!)

Here's the link: http://vault.australianopentv.com/

The other Slams need to catch up soon with the AO's doings or the Aussie Open will have become the best Grand Slam soon :worship:

Smoke944
12-14-2011, 01:34 AM
I was watching it a lot last night. Awesome service.

Saberq
12-14-2011, 02:15 AM
niceeeeee

Pirata.
12-14-2011, 02:18 AM
The other Slams need to catch up soon with the AO's doings or the Aussie Open will have become the best Grand Slam soon :worship:

:worship:

They are the best slam, fan-wise, I think. They offered live streaming of all of the qualifying draw matches earlier this year, and I remember some people saying they also were streaming the wildcard playoffs this past week. I like being able to watch the juniors and doubles matches on their video streaming service too, looks like ESPN3 will air the juniors finals, I don't think you can watch the juniors finals in any of the other slams. RG is almost impossible to get any of the outside courts, AO has I think eight streamed live. GOAT slam :rocker2:

guga2120
12-14-2011, 02:20 AM
That's a very good feature. No question Australia gets alot of things right. More than any of the other 4. It's close between Australia and the US Open which is the best run slam.;)

n8
12-14-2011, 02:28 AM
The page works in Chrome but not Firefox for me.

This is great but I'm so cut it doesn't go back just one more year!

I want to see Moya v Sampras (1997 final) and 16 year old Hingis.

Topspindoctor
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
That's a very good feature. No question Australia gets alot of things right. More than any of the other 4. It's close between Australia and the US Open which is the best run slam.;)

Yanks can't even afford a roof over AA stadium and several finals have been postponed in the recent years.

guga2120
12-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Yanks can't even afford a roof over AA stadium and several finals have been postponed in the recent years.

Yes I know, the USTA and the US Open in many ways is a complete joke.

fast_clay
12-14-2011, 03:19 AM

you are right here... the AO is leading the way as far as access for all goes... the camera stream for internet on qualifying court 1 started to truly display the quallies as the more than credible tournament that it is... anyone that has been to any quallies of any GS know the quality present...

not only this, but last year match highlights from all televised aussie open series (brisbane, sydney, hobart) matches going straight to youtube for internet consumption is also leading the way...

but, you really have to wonder how far the USTA has their head up their own arse... how deep is it really... i mean, Rod laver Arena was built for the 1988 AO... 1988 ffs... how much time does a yank need to cop on... but no, 10 years is not nearly enough... and, as it result it goes like: 'oh my god you're so right... wow.. yeah... let's build it... the biggest tennis stadium ever... that's ahhsum... where do i sign... this is gonna be soooo ahhsum...'

v-money
12-14-2011, 03:35 AM

Doesn't work on Safari for me. :o

Chirag
12-14-2011, 03:41 AM
great :D .Love watching all the matches before 2004

bishi
12-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Thank you for the link OP

leng jai
12-14-2011, 05:44 AM
No Haas v Rios? I'm destined to never see this match.

Kat_YYZ
12-14-2011, 07:20 AM

works in Safari for me (PC version). I will try Safari on a Mac tomorrow at work.

Given how much bandwidth this would consume and what that would cost me, I'll have to watch these at work anyways :p

Hope they don't mind :angel:

tektonac
12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
brilliant. AO is the best!

HKz
12-14-2011, 08:29 AM

Doesn't matter anyways considering the full match between Moya and Sampras is floating somewhere on Youtube. I personally saw it.

This is indeed a great feature, however, quality is rather shit (no 1080p that's for sure) so I'll be sticking with my subscribed Youtube match uploaders :)

Although, I did find it hilarious whoever put together the "great points" "epic rallies" stuff, because a lot of that crap listed should not be a highlight, lol..

No Haas v Rios? I'm destined to never see this match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Haas-Rios-QF-Australian-Open-2002-DVD-/300604481193 :devil:

GSMnadal
12-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Immediately went to Nadal-Verdasco :drool:

5 hours of great tennis that will get me through the off-season just fine

JurajCrane
12-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah me too, that match was just awesome ! Fernando came to his peak and it´s big shame he wasn´t able to make finals there.

But I have to give a honour for Nadal, how did this man manage to win both five-setters at the end of tournament. Well deserved grandslam title.

peRfect-Tennis
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
US open best run slam? haha do you work there or something? Aus and Wimby are the only ones with any organisational skills in place.

Saberq
12-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Immediately went to Nadal-Verdasco :drool:

5 hours of great tennis that will get me through the off-season just fine

you're really gonna watch the whole match :worship:

HKz
12-15-2011, 02:34 AM

Silly considering that there are nice quality versions all over on Youtube both in terms of the full match and highlights :o

GSMnadal
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah me too, that match was just awesome ! Fernando came to his peak and it´s big shame he wasn´t able to make finals there.

But I have to give a honour for Nadal, how did this man manage to win both five-setters at the end of tournament. Well deserved grandslam title.

It's such a shame to see how both men have dropped in level (especially Fernando :o), because that match was just off the hook. I think it may be even better than Fedal at Wimbledon of '08.

Still a question mark.

Get out of here you classless hater :mad:

:rocker: fuck yes

Silly considering that there are nice quality versions all over on Youtube both in terms of the full match and highlights :o

Already watched the highlights, but I could never find the full match, only the Federer-Nadal final. I'm not going to watch it in one sitting, just a set at a time. Yesterday I watched the first set when getting ready for work, and it was absolutely worth my time :shrug:

You don't see these quality matches anymore these days.

Chirag
12-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I consider that match along with the Safin-Federer to be the greater than Fedal at wimbledon 2008 :worship:

I will watch both those matches ;)

Pirata.
12-15-2011, 11:24 AM
From AO semifinal 2009 to Cincinnati third round 2011 :hysteric:

Dmitry Verdasco
12-15-2011, 11:31 AM

I wanted 1997 matches too :sobbing:

It works for me in Firefox, it didn't at first but I downloaded a flash player seperately and then it was fine.

Shinoj
12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
I consider that match along with the Safin-Federer to be the greater than Fedal at wimbledon 2008 :worship:

I will watch both those matches ;)

To be honest i find most of the Federer Nadal matches over rated. There is usually only one winner in those matches and its pretty evident.

That Safin Federer match was one of the best ever i saw. Close second would be Agassi-Sampras from 2001 US Open.

asmazif
12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
well this is greatest thing ever

Egreen
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Ditto. The best 2 matches at the AO in the past decade were those 2 SF.

HKz
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
It's such a shame to see how both men have dropped in level (especially Fernando :o), because that match was just off the hook. I think it may be even better than Fedal at Wimbledon of '08.

Get out of here you classless hater :mad:

:rocker: fuck yes

Already watched the highlights, but I could never find the full match, only the Federer-Nadal final. I'm not going to watch it in one sitting, just a set at a time. Yesterday I watched the first set when getting ready for work, and it was absolutely worth my time :shrug:

You don't see these quality matches anymore these days.

You've never typed in Nadal Verdasco full match?

mO6e6GdCmy4

This version is only 480p, but it still looks much better fullscreen that what the AO site gives you. I'm sure somewhere on Youtube there is a 720p version, full match that is, as I have personally seen it.

v-money
12-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Fasle alarm. I got it to work.

Great service from the AO to have this site. Watching the Baghdatis vs Nalbandian match from 2006 right now. :D

GSMnadal
12-15-2011, 08:39 PM
You've never typed in Nadal Verdasco full match?

mO6e6GdCmy4

This version is only 480p, but it still looks much better fullscreen that what the AO site gives you. I'm sure somewhere on Youtube there is a 720p version, full match that is, as I have personally seen it.

Not recently, this was only uploaded 2 months ago. Thanks for the link

Stensland
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
fantastic service. by far the most fun slam anyways. i love the whole build-up with all the invitationals and so on, just so exciting. :)

too bad they don't have federer-nalbandian 2003 though.

tomcrossnz
12-18-2011, 01:26 AM
great service!
Does anyone know of how we can download these videos? I've tried a few screen capture programs and had no luck

Arakasi
12-29-2011, 01:56 AM
I don't know how many people have seen this but you can watch lots of classic matches from the Australian Open for free here: http://vault.australianopentv.com/

Tennis Australia really did a great job with this :yeah:

Looner
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Bit crap quality but I rewatched the Hewitt-Safin and Safin-Federer matches and it was good for that.

HKz
12-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Thread was made a little while ago. As I pointed out, most of those matches are already on Youtube in 1000 x better quality.

Slice Winner
12-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Love this site. Wish the other slams would follow suit.

Legend (Hingis) :drool:

yavore
12-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Thanx a lot for this link.

It is awesome.

ciprianned
12-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Surprised there was no thread about it.

No thread , but post yes :) : http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11562316&postcount=1813

Pirata.
12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
HKz :lol: