My Season Review (Part 2 Completed) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My Season Review (Part 2 Completed)

Hewitt =Legend
12-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I decided to write a review on the year that was. It's a little detailed so I divided it into 4 quarters.

Here's the introduction:

So how to review the 2011 ATP season? I will look at it chronologically. The 2010 season belonged to Rafael Nadal, with the Spaniard picking up the final three slams of the year that would have him heading into the Australian Open in January with the very realistic possibility of completing the "Rafa Slam". Serbian superstar Novak Djokovic also had a strong finish to the 2010 year, helping his nation to their first ever Davis Cup triumph. Winning the DC can do wonders to a players confidence and can really shape their subsequent year on the tour. Take a look at Fernando Verdasco for example. After defeating Jose Acasuso and securing the tie for Spain back in 2008, the pretty-boy lefty charged into 2009 full of confidence. Something had changed in his demeanour. The belief was there. The consistency was ever present, something that had always been left in the locker room up until December 2008. He made the semi finals of the AO in 2009 and narrowly went down to Nadal in what I consider to be one of the best matches of the decade. Verdasco went on to entrench his place in the top 10 for the best part of two years, something most people would have said was impossible given his previous showings on tour. It is with great regret that Verdasco took up part of that introduction, but his case was a perfect example on how a certain Serbian used that DC triumph to springboard himself into one of the best seasons of all time.

To view it in it's entirety you can check out my blog:

Part 1: http://slicendicetennis.blogspot.com/2011/12/atp-season-review-14.html

Part 2: http://slicendicetennis.blogspot.com/2011/12/atp-season-review-24.html

Parts 3&4: http://slicendicetennis.blogspot.com/2011/12/atp-season-review-3-4.html

I posted this in the blog section of the forum but I know not many people venture their so I thought I would shamelessly plug it here while not much other stuff is going on during the off season :o

The three other quarters should be done in the next couple of weeks.

Action Jackson
12-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Loved reading the stuff with the Fog and Boredo in Santiago, the famous call of "hombre di mierda".

Sonja1989
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Very good job!!! :yeah: :hug: I always like to read your blog. :D

Hewitt =Legend
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Loved reading the stuff with the Fog and Boredo in Santiago, the famous call of "hombre di mierda".

The antics are classic, can just imagine the strut had he pulled off the win there :lol:

Very good job!!! :yeah: :hug: I always like to read your blog. :D

Cheers Di :)

Chirag
12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
very good article .Made me remember all those moments in the season

fast_clay
12-13-2011, 03:38 AM
:yeah: very solid stuff

tektonac
12-13-2011, 03:56 AM
thank you sir :hatoff:

n8
12-13-2011, 05:11 AM
I wish I could write that well. :o

But I have come up with a new equation: Hewitt =Legend =Legend

Are you going to any events this January?

Hewitt =Legend
12-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I wish I could write that well. :o

But I have come up with a new equation: Hewitt =Legend =Legend

Are you going to any events this January?

Thanks for the compliment mate. And you write very well, I've been checking out your work for a while now :)

Yeah man, sure am. Going to Sydney qualies and probably the first day there, then flying down to Melbourne for AO qualies and will stay and catch the first week as well.

What about yourself?

BroTree123
12-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the compliment mate. And you write very well, I've been checking out your work for a while now :)

Yeah man, sure am. Going to Sydney qualies and probably the first day there, then flying down to Melbourne for AO qualies and will stay and catch the first week as well.

What about yourself?

We should chill out at AO mate

Sophocles
12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Good stuff, brought it all back.

MatchFederer
12-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Good stuff, brought it all back.

You changed your avatar from Shay Laren to Plato, what gives??

n8
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM

What about yourself?

Cool. Thanks!

I was half planning to attend Sydney but my mum decided to go to South America for all of January and I need to look after her dogs. I wish I was kidding. :sadface: At least I have your reports to look forward to.

Sophocles
12-13-2011, 11:30 AM
You changed your avatar from Shay Laren to Plato, what gives??

It's Sophocles. Not as good to look at but more in keeping with my username.

MatchFederer
12-13-2011, 11:35 AM
It's Sophocles. Not as good to look at but more in keeping with my username.

Ah yes, i'll excuse myself for them looking similar, but you should definitely go back to Shay.

mikkemus23
12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Great! Looking forward to the other parts :)

Henry Chinaski
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Very comprehensive.

I only got to the end of the Oz Open so far and I've already been reminded of a shitload of things I forgot about. Nalbandian's half-volley to save MP v Hewitt, Fed mugging up set 2 against Djok from 5-2.

Looking forwards to the rest.

Sophocles
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
It's amazing how many people in this forum write exceptionally good blogs.

Henry Chinaski
12-22-2011, 11:57 AM
any chance you'll park up the ute and leave the farm animals alone long enough to get the next three parts up?

Hewitt =Legend
12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
any chance you'll park up the ute and leave the farm animals alone long enough to get the next three parts up?

perhaps, I need to fulfil my natural urges as well though

But seriously, due to my awful time management skills and disgusting motivation levels I doubt all three will be done by the new year. I will definitely have part two up though, probably just after chrissy..

Sham Kay
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Everyone should be allowed to plug their blogs in GM. It is still going with the general theme. Can't be bothered traversing to the blog section.

Great work man. Could think about writing a book on Tennis someday. Your writing style would suit it.

Lucilla
12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
that part about Fernando Verdasco makes me very sad at the moment :sad:

Henry Chinaski
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
perhaps, I need to fulfil my natural urges as well though

But seriously, due to my awful time management skills and disgusting motivation levels I doubt all three will be done by the new year. I will definitely have part two up though, probably just after chrissy..

I understand bro.

I'm in no position to be telling people to hurry up with posts.

And I don't even have the distraction of super hot cows

philosophicalarf
12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
It's amazing how many people in this forum write exceptionally good blogs.

Indeed, most disconcerting. We need to get back to those thrilling Federer/Nadal discussions, era debates, one sentence replies, and calling everyone mugs.

Yolita
12-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I loved it. It's so well written it brought many memories back. Plus a few things I had missed, like the Robredo/Fognini affair. Very nice. :)

Hewitt =Legend
12-30-2011, 02:48 PM
So yeah, my apologies for the delay, time management has never been one of my strong points and with one day to go before the end of the year I have finally completed part 2 of the review. Here it is:

http://slicendicetennis.blogspot.com/2011/12/atp-season-review-24.html

Obviously I won't have time to finish 3 & 4 so I might just do that through pictures :lol:

Hewitt =Legend
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Just quickly did 3 and 4 then:

http://slicendicetennis.blogspot.com/2011/12/atp-season-review-3-4.html