Almagro leads Spain next year in Davis Cup [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Almagro leads Spain next year in Davis Cup

Luinir
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Rafa said that he won't play next year in DC since there will be Olympics. Ferrer also retired from team. So, welcome to our number #1 player, Nicolas Almagro! :worship:

KaiserT
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
:lol:

GSMnadal
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
might as well give the trophy to Spain again.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
This just shows what an joke event Davis Cup is, players dont actually even care. :lol:

Getta
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
This just shows what an joke event Davis Cup is, players dont actually even care. :lol:

Rafa helped his country to Davis Cup title 4 (four) times. now, he just wants a second Olympic gold medal.

rubbERR, something you should have known about the word "priority": it's simply a form of the word prior. :)

JurajCrane
12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Also a Davis Cup team with Almagro, Verdasco, López and Granollers can make a damage in 2012, I insist. ;)

n8
12-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Go Almagro!

Federer will play both events.

cobalt60
12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Vamos Argentina then;)

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Rafa helped his country to Davis Cup title 4 (four) times. now, he just wants a second Olympic gold medal.

rubbERR, something you should have known about the word "priority": it's simply a form of the word prior. :)

Rafa's main priority in this final was to date Juan Monaco.

Dirtttty ass pickings. Monaco didnt have anything left in tank after wild night.

Graau, Grrrrr, wuh wuh.

Getta
12-04-2011, 07:58 PM
trollito you

Har-Tru
12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Right that's it. I'm switching country.

Getta
Vamos Argentina then;)

and, next year's draw provides us all an opportunity to witness history in the making. :D

Pirata.
Feli says this is probably his last Davis Cup as well.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
So, they dont have much cheerleader playboys left, Uncle Toni into court?

Henry Chinaski
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
poor Spain, forced to call on a top 10 player when their top guys quit.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
poor Spain, forced to call on a top 10 player when their top guys quit.

Mugro is not top 10 player, his ranking does injustice his true self.

abraxas21
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
davis cup is a joke event these days.

Har-Tru
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Can I just say something?

When I was a kid at my local tennis club, the young and old were all talking about how Spain had never won a DC and how it would never happen and this and that. And this is the fifth one already... I have to go back to the club, see what the kids get told these days.

helvet empire
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Can I just say something?

When I was a kid at my local tennis club, the young and old were all talking about how Spain had never won a DC and how it would never happen and this and that. And this is the fifth one already... I have to go back to the club, see what the kids get told these days.

what occured in that lapse of time? medical progress?:confused:

abraxas21
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM

it does show that DC isnt that high in rafito's priorities, though.

if he had won wimby 4, 5 or 10 times, he'd still play the event.

Har-Tru
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
what occured in that lapse of time? medical progress?:confused:

I don't know, you tell me. Are they treating your haemorrhoids better these days?

shiaben
This right here is a golden opportunity for Switzerland to take advantage. This was one Davis Cup team that looked like a mountain for them to climb over. With them vulnerable because of the absence of their key players (specifically Nadal), the Swiss have a great chance at taking this. I'm sure Federer will do his part. He'll treat it like a grand slam. The only question is if Wawrinka will mentally allow himself to carry the team through. He already survived his first nightmare against Australia. Still U.S. France etc. to go through...

Johnny_Bravo
well glory for spain next year then :lol:

Sonja1989
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Rafa said that he won't play next year in DC since there will be Olympics. Ferrer also retired from team. So, welcome to our number #1 player, Nicolas Almagro! :worship:

Almagro should be good enough on clay I think.

But at least Ferru would play, OMG what will happen now... :scared:

Sonja1989
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Mugro is not top 10 player, his ranking does injustice his true self.

He is top 5 player on clay. :wavey:

:secret: I'm not talking about the hard. :p

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 08:27 PM
He is top 5 player on clay. :wavey:

:secret: I'm not talking about the hard. :p

Not even close being Top 5 any surface. Even Murray could beat him on clay. :lol:

Getta
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
it does show that DC isnt that high in rafito's priorities, though.

if he had won wimby 4, 5 or 10 times, he'd still play the event.

Toni agrees that's true.

Rafa is a man on a mission and sends a clear message to every tennis fan: he will surpass Pete Sampras' 14 Grand Slam wins. http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/vassokalm/emoticons1/emoticons2/yes.gif

Saberq
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Easy win for Serbia ...nice

Getta
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Easy win for Serbia ...nice

Serbia will be playing the Argies in the lair of the wolves.

ImmzB
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Almagro, Verdasco, F.Lopez & Granollers.

shiaben
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Serbia will be playing the Argies in the lair of the wolves.

Argies are probably their biggest threat at Davis Cup, but still doable.

I can see Djokovic defeating either Del Potro or Nalbandian since he plays clearly at a higher level.

The Argies could probably take the doubles. From there Tipsarevic just needs just one match (an old injured Nalbandian or Monaco looks pleasing).

The only way Serbia truly would lose this opportunity is if Tipsarevic crashes out with an injury prior hand and if Troicki takes his spot.

shiaben
12-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Almagro and Verdasco are pretty interesting backups lol. Most Davis Cup teams don't even have such a deep squad like Spain does. The only other maybe France.

Getta
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
shiaben, have you ever been to Argentina and what did you think?

Sonja1989
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Not even close being Top 5 any surface. Even Murray could beat him on clay. :lol:

Want you bet?

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
why all the hate for Almagro? fine.. he doesn't have the best on-court attitude, and can be quite annoying, but so what..? many great players throughout history have had bad attitudes, it's a good thing that TENNIS is what matters here, not personality.

Face it... Almagro is not a bad player, whether you like him or not, which is irrelevant anyway.

Sonja1989
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
why all the hate for Almagro? fine.. he doesn't have the best on-court attitude, and can be quite annoying, but so what..? many great players throughout history have had bad attitudes, it's a good thing that TENNIS is what matters here, not personality.

Face it... Almagro is not a bad player, whether you like him or not, which is irrelevant anyway.

Because MTF doesn't like ugly players. I created a thread one years ago and don't worry, it was reason from some posters. :lol:

Henry Chinaski
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
well he is a bit of a dumbass in fairness

wins nice then loses first round in RG a few days later

Arkulari
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
According to MARCA:

http://www.marca.com/2011/12/04/tenis/copa_davis/1323025978.html

"Es difícil que esta generación vuelva a coincidir. Se cierra un ciclo. Hasta siempre". Con esta categórica y sorprendente declaración se despedía a pie de pista Ferrer de la afición sevillana aún a pie de pista. Directa e indirectamente, el equipo español de Copa Davis ha dejado entrever tras conquistar la quinta Ensaladera para España que el cambio generacional es toda una realidad. Nadal, Ferrer, Feliciano y Verdasco no estarán en el equipo de Copa Davis español el año que viene.

"It's difficult that this generation will play together again. It's the end of an era. Farewell" Ferrer said this categoric and surprising affirmation when he was saying goodbye to the Sevillian crowd still in the venue.

Directly and indirectly, the Spanish Davis Cup team has let the world know that after winning their Fifth DC, the generational change is a reality now.

Nadal, Ferrer, Feliciano and Verdasco will not be a part of the Spanish DC team next year.

(not literal translation but I tried to capture the essence of the paragraph as best as I could, there are things that don't make sense if you do it literally)

Yolita
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Have you watched any Davis Cup matches? Did you watch Rafa today and on Friday? He cared about this 100 times more than he cared about WTF. Did you see Delpo's tears? Or Llodra's tears last year? Did you see what winning the Davis Cup did for Novak and Janko? How can you say they don't care? :confused:

But they care about Olympic Gold, too. And since Spain has won so many Davis Cups, I think it's fair that they try for Olympic gold and give other countries a chance. Maybe Switzerland, the UK or the US will win Davis Cup in 2012? ;)

Kiedis
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Spain will play against Russia there in the second round so I guess don't matter at all.

delpiero7
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Could have made the first couple of rounds more intersting...but I've just seen that Spain play Kazakhstan in R1, and then either Russia or Austria. :lol:

Who's to say that Nadal won't return for the SF potentially against Switzerland, depending on how he has fared during the year?

Hellraiser
First Davis Cup holders to be relegated to Group I?

fmolinari2005
Right that's it. I'm switching country.

Every time I realize Almagro exists I feel like switching species actually.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
According to MARCA:

http://www.marca.com/2011/12/04/tenis/copa_davis/1323025978.html

"It's difficult that this generation will play together again. It's the end of an era. Farewell" Ferrer said this categoric and surprising affirmation when he was saying goodbye to the Sevillian crowd still in the venue.

Directly and indirectly, the Spanish Davis Cup team has let the world know that after winning their Fifth DC, the generational change is a reality now.

Nadal, Ferrer, Feliciano and Verdasco will not be a part of the Spanish DC team next year.

(not literal translation but I tried to capture the essence of the paragraph as best as I could, there are things that don't make sense if you do it literally)

So.. who will be on the team? Granollers, Almagro.. then who?

ImmzB
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Interesting....

Almagro & Ferrero for singles and Granollers/Robredo for doubles maybe...

Arkulari
12-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Interesting....

Almagro & Ferrero for singles and Granollers/Robredo for doubles maybe...

Almagro, Robredo and Andujar I guess and Granollers/Marc López for doubles, Juanqui is way too injury prone these days :sad:

ImmzB
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Almagro, Robredo and Andujar I guess and Granollers/Marc López for doubles, Juanqui is way too injury prone these days :sad:

Yeah, I think Granollers will defiantly play next year, esp in the doubles. Him and Robredo make a good team and Andujar can certainly play in the singles but when the big ties come, can he handle the pressure and deliver?

nole_no1
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Good bye Spain :bigwave:

jayjay
12-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Have you watched any Davis Cup matches? Did you watch Rafa today and on Friday? He cared about this 100 times more than he cared about WTF. Did you see Delpo's tears? Or Llodra's tears last year? Did you see what winning the Davis Cup did for Novak and Janko? How can you say they don't care? :confused:

But they care about Olympic Gold, too. And since Spain has won so many Davis Cups, I think it's fair that they try for Olympic gold and give other countries a chance. Maybe Switzerland, the UK or the US will win Davis Cup in 2012? ;)

...because he doesn't care about Davis Cup - given that he may well be Finnish, who can blame him? - he ignorantly assumes no one else cares about Davis Cup. And his opinion won't change because he is completely oblivious to the truth, since he would have to admit his view is not shared by many of the players he claims "don't care".

And of course the fact that many players prove time and again just how much they care - either through their committment on the court or the sacrifices many have made in the past to their own year long schedule, he will completely ignore that because then he'd have to face up to his own ignorance. And since he has claimed Davis Cup doesn't matter to anyone and is just a "bit of fun" countless times, he has now put himself in a position where the hole he has dug is so deep that he can't possibly get out of it without being drenched in shit.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 10:14 PM

all I wanna say is.. thank god they don't have good teams in their first ties, and it's certainly possible to win those, even with a B team!

RafaNadal2012!!!
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Almugro :facepalm:

Disgrace to tennis that he's in top ten.

emotion
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Is Verdasco finally off the team?
Almagro on clay
Lopez
Ferrero on hc/grass
Granollers/Marerro doubles
Would be good team

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 01:59 AM

This. Almugro anywhere near DC team is an automatic fiasco.

Mae
12-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Is Verdasco finally off the team?
Almagro on clay
Lopez
Ferrero on hc/grass
Granollers/Marerro doubles
Would be good team

Oh what a quote in your sig :superlol: And this could be the end of Spain's Glory Days at the Davis Cup, but that happens to every country. Just look at the U.S.--no wait--don't look at the U.S. :lol:

Sham Kay
12-05-2011, 02:10 AM
*Swooosh* What's that falling from the heavens.. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? -THUD- NO. It's Albert Costa's job security!

ariel2
12-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Robredo is terribly injury prone these days. I would assume they would use him for doubles with Granollers if Tommy is physically fit. I'd be happy to see Juan Carlos play as he's very reliable and with a good record when it comes to DC. Almagro is an inconsistent performer but as others have said, if the competition is laughable in the first two ties, he'll get by.

It won't be the same without Rafa and Ferru though. At least not for me.:sad:

gaitare
12-05-2011, 06:06 AM
No Verdasco, no future.

I also like the thought of JCF and Robredo being a new generation.

iriraz
12-05-2011, 06:15 AM
We heard from the Spanish players that the top guys(Nadal,Ferrer)won`t play next year but it wouldn`t be a surprise if top players from other countries follow suit,making their priority Olympics over Davis Cup.
Either way,Spain even without their top guys can win matches and ties while other teams like Switzerland for example without Federer they are toast and even with him it`s mostly a 50/50 tie.
It`s tough to imagine though that any top player will play next year besides the Slams also all the Masters Events,Davis Cup and Olympics.

Pirata.
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I also like the thought of JCF and Robredo being a new generation.

Yeah :lol:

Har-Tru
12-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I think Granollers will defiantly play next year, esp in the doubles. Him and Robredo make a good team and Andujar can certainly play in the singles but when the big ties come, can he handle the pressure and deliver?

That is without a doubt the best misspelling of definitely I've ever seen. :lol: ;)

Eden
12-05-2011, 11:10 AM
We heard from the Spanish players that the top guys(Nadal,Ferrer)won`t play next year but it wouldn`t be a surprise if top players from other countries follow suit,making their priority Olympics over Davis Cup.
Either way,Spain even without their top guys can win matches and ties while other teams like Switzerland for example without Federer they are toast and even with him it`s mostly a 50/50 tie.
It`s tough to imagine though that any top player will play next year besides the Slams also all the Masters Events,Davis Cup and Olympics.

Well, Roger is very likely to play the 1st round of DC. Of course one has to wait and see how the season is going to develop but maybe he really wants to give it a try with DC next year.

It's totally understandable that Rafa won't play DC next year and concentrate on the other tournaments. Beside this he has won DC so often with the Spanish team - it's time that other countries get a chance ;)

samanosuke
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Well, Roger is very likely to play the 1st round of DC. Of course one has to wait and see how the season is going to develop but maybe he really wants to give it a try with DC next year.

It's totally understandable that Rafa won't play DC next year and concentrate on the other tournaments. Beside this he has won DC so often with the Spanish team - it's time that other countries get a chance ;)

source ?

Eden
12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
source ?

Well, there are a few statements he made in interviews:

"I'm talking with Dubai to see whether I'm going to play there as well, and then there will be Davis Cup (against the U.S. in Switzerland on clay February 10-12). Davis Cup will be announced as soon as I will make a decision for Dubai."

Source: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15070&zoneid=25

He won't play in Dubai according to the schedule he released on his website.

The DC weekend is before the Rotterdam tournament where Roger is going to play next year so he will be in Europe anyway.

Then he said in the Swiss media that there would have been a reason why he went to Australia to play DC so shortly after the USO and the Swiss media write that there have been positive signals from Roger that he is going to play.

samanosuke
12-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Source: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15070&zoneid=25

The DC weekend is before the Rotterdam tournament where Roger is going to play next year so he will be in Europe anyway.

Then he said in the Swiss media that there would have been a reason why he went to Australia to play DC so shortly after the USO and the Swiss media write that there have been positive signals from Roger that he is going to play.

Actually next year is great chance to make the finals if nadal and ferrer won't play for Spain . USA on clay should be piece of cake . But it's so much if with DC . Personally don't know is it good decision to play. Many players who played 3 matches in 3 days said that they needed good 2 weeks to be completely fresh after DC . Roger already has overbooked start of the year . He finished exhausted this year, just 5 weeks later he plays Mumbai , then Doha just few days later, week after is AO and again 10 days after is DC which finishes at Sunday and Rotterdam starts at Monday . So no way Fed will play DC and Rotterdam. In my opinion if he makes a great run at Australia he should sacrifice DC . If he fucks AO , then he should play DC . But like i said, too many ifs...

Sunset of Age
12-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Every time I realize Almagro exists I feel like switching species actually.

:rolls: :worship:

Rafa is the GOAT
12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
But even without Rafa, Pics and Feli
They have a strong team
RR1: Nicolas Almagro
RR2: Verdasco
RR3: Marc Lopez and Granollers
RR4: Almagro or Verdasco
RR5: Granollers

samanosuke
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
But even without Rafa, Pics and Feli
They have a strong team
RR1: Nicolas Almagro
RR2: Verdasco
RR3: Marc Lopez and Granollers
RR4: Almagro or Verdasco
RR5: Granollers

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

this would be the most hilarious DC team ever and nobody would come even close for next few centuries

Eden
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Actually next year is great chance to make the finals if nadal and ferrer won't play for Spain . USA on clay should be piece of cake . But it's so much if with DC . Personally don't know is it good decision to play. Many players who played 3 matches in 3 days said that they needed good 2 weeks to be completely fresh after DC . Roger already has overbooked start of the year . He finished exhausted this year, just 5 weeks later he plays Mumbai , then Doha just few days later, week after is AO and again 10 days after is DC which finishes at Sunday and Rotterdam starts at Monday . So no way Fed will play DC and Rotterdam. In my opinion if he makes a great run at Australia he should sacrifice DC . If he fucks AO , then he should play DC . But like i said, too many ifs...

I don't expect a start of Roger in Rotterdam before Wednesday anyway. Well, of course the DC situation isn't ideal as Roger doesn't have the luxury to skip Saturday and let someone else play doubles for him. He is forced to play at least 2 days in a row, maybe even 3. But we all know how much Roger gets criticizes when he isn't playing DC, so I doubt that he skips the hometie.

Maybe we should continue this discussion elsewhere and not in a thread for the Spanish team ;)

samanosuke
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't expect a start of Roger in Rotterdam before Wednesday anyway. Well, of course the DC situation isn't ideal as Roger doesn't have the luxury to skip Saturday and let someone else play doubles for him. He is forced to play at least 2 days in a row, maybe even 3. But we all know how much Roger gets criticizes when he isn't playing DC, so I doubt that he skips the hometie.

Maybe we should continue this discussion elsewhere and not in a thread for the Spanish team ;)

actually against US there is no point to play doubles so maybe this will be the reason why will Rog play . Also there are reasonable chances that Roger will maybe need to play just at Friday . Don't see how any American could beat Stan on clay

Actually if Alamgro and Verdasco reading this they are grateful to us . We are just changing the plot from their bashing

timafi
12-05-2011, 12:51 PM
boy Novak must have really gotten under Rafa's skin for him to skip DC:tape:

Eden
12-05-2011, 01:00 PM
samanouske, I copied our posts into Roger's forum ;)

boy Novak must have really gotten under Rafa's skin for him to skip DC:tape:

I don't think his decision has to do with Novak. Novak has to defend many points next season and of course Rafa sees a good chance to get back to #1. Beside this what is the point for him to aim to win DC again? Sure, he enjoys the event but does it really matter that much for him to win DC again as to try to win a 2nd Gold Medal?

Andre♥
12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
First Davis Cup holders to be relegated to Group I?

Considering they would need to lose to Kazakhstan at home on clay for that to happen, no freaking way.

A team of Riba, Gimeno, Marrero and Hidalgo would be enough to beat Kazakhstan in such conditions.

Henry Chinaski
12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
actually against US there is no point to play doubles so maybe this will be the reason why will Rog play . Also there are reasonable chances that Roger will maybe need to play just at Friday . Don't see how any American could beat Stan on clay

Actually if Alamgro and Verdasco reading this they are grateful to us . We are just changing the plot from their bashing

would they really fear the yanks enough to lay indoor clay?

doubt fed would be happy with that if he plays rotterdam days later.

abraxas21
12-05-2011, 01:44 PM

make no mistake, federer is just playing DC to get a chance to turkey roddick

abraxas21
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
actually against US there is no point to play doubles so maybe this will be the reason why will Rog play

fed/stan are favourites to beat the bryans on swiss clay, imo.

abraxas21
12-05-2011, 01:50 PM

if i were a gambling man, i'd put some money on federer ditching Rotterdam.

like samanosuke said, it's either Rotterdam or DC R1. no way the old man will play both.

Andre♥
12-05-2011, 02:22 PM
make no mistake, federer is just playing DC to get a chance to turkey roddick

Is Roddick even playing?

If I was the DC captain, I would go for Fish, Isner and the Bryans.

samanosuke
12-05-2011, 03:10 PM

that's only logical and because of that no way the Dutch's will see Fed a week later

If they put hard court , Fed will win 2 matches , USA will win doubles and then I am not sure is it wisely to let Wawrinka deciding about anything :shrug:

and all that depends on Fed's result at AO . if he wins more points than this year, he will be catching #1 spot again and bye bye to DC

jayjay
12-05-2011, 03:51 PM
fed/stan are favourites to beat the bryans on swiss clay, imo.

Federer/Wawrinka would be favourites to beat the Bryans on any court in any country.

Har-Tru
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Wait a second everybody... Almagro himself has something to say:

https://twitter.com/#!/nicoalmagro

Basically he says he's been snubbed so often in the past that, I quote "I doubt I would get in even if the top 400 withdrew" and that he's not positive he'll be wanting to be in the team next year.

scoobs
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Maybe Costa can play since nobody else apparently wants to.

Sapeod
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
He'll be fine, if the ties are on clay.

scarecrows
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
bring the King back

Henry Chinaski
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
he just published an epic blog on the subject

http://blog.nicoalmagro.es/2011/12/aclaraciones.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Federer/Wawrinka would be favourites to beat the Bryans on any court in any country.

Olderer/Mugwinka lost to Hewitt/Some random Mug in doubles this year.

Smoke944
12-05-2011, 11:42 PM

Hewitt and Chris "His Royal Redness" Guccione.
Who BTW is 1-0 againt Nadull. Sukit.

fast_clay
12-06-2011, 01:01 AM

http://blog.nicoalmagro.es/2011/12/aclaraciones.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

holy sh!t... that's deep... at some points he was so introspective that i wondered if he'd been pondering too many el cabazon laced threads on mtf...

Hewitt and Chris "His Royal Redness" Guccione.

i was going to reply... though, this was too accurate and in far less words than i could have managed...

masterful response...

Action Jackson
12-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Great to see Almagro writing frankly and with clarity seeing why he hasn't been selected for DC duty.

Loved the Real Murcia reference I'd like to lift the Champs League with them.

Hewitt =Legend
12-06-2011, 01:20 AM

You fucking better watch your back T-doc... you don't want G-Unit setting his newly aquired eagle "7-6" on you now do you..?

http://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Falcon-tw-460x306.jpg

[Hewitt and Chris "His Royal Redness" Guccione.

haha t-doc owned in every way possible..

sukit

betowiec
12-06-2011, 04:50 AM
grano is gonna do his thing

Arkulari
12-06-2011, 05:06 AM

Joder :lol: Epic shit from Cabezón, fun to read and very honest, too bad some people in here cannot read Spanish, many things might get lost in translation.

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
yes, a proper translation would be nice but I understand it is a lot of work.

Har-Tru
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
He chose his name day to deliver that masterpiece... happy St. Nicholas day everybody!

abraxas21
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
epic blog entry from mugro. from a personal point of view, i must say this only serves to reiforce my deep feelings as a closet mugrotard.

In many occasions, more than what I'd wish, I've been referred to as a clown, cazurro [wtf is this?], idiot, subnormal... (you've got to accept the fact that you're a public figure... it goes down with the profession... football is like that, it's 11 against 11...) i could go on in my tone with the insults but i save them in case some kid decides to spend a while reading while they're bored.

Now here comes the good part: they're right, i've been many of those epithets in many ocassions. I've made many mistakes in my life and i've learned from them. I've got a difficult temper, and probably most people consider i must not represent a country because of it. I can only say that in my daily life as a professional player, I consider myself (as i once read on the Internet) an autonomous worker, that because of the characteristics of my job, at least in one time, my acts have had a certain repercussion. Whoever wants to add themselves to the successes, welcome.

Whoever doesn't, there's no obligation to watch me, and thanks to the TDT, the supply of channels has been considerably broadened. My behaviour in these tournaments (the ones i play as an 'autonomous player' in which i don't always manage to avoid my heating ideas) has never been the same as the one i have in the national team. In one case i play for myself, and in the other i don't. Being aware of this, I've kept an irreprochable behaviour on and outside the court everytime i've been summoned to participate in this competition (Davis Cup), and my commitment to it has been unconditional, probably being the player that decided to go the most times as a fifth player or sparring, even though i knew i didn't have a chance to play.

jayjay
12-07-2011, 12:08 AM

They did. So what? Losses happen.

Federer/Wawrinka handled the Bryans with ease at the last Olympics and they should and will be favourites against the Bryans anywhere in the world on any surface. The only thing the Bryans have going for them is that they play with each other all the time, but that doesn't trump going against arguably the greatest tennis player of all time and a partner who if he played doubles year round would be a more desireable partner than either of the Bryan brothers.

I'm not saying the Bryan brothers can't win, of course they can, but they are not favourites to win the rubber.

Kiedis
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM
What a big captain will be Nico :worship:

poxaNOy0BWA

Indeed, cazurro means pig-headed :D

Edda
12-07-2011, 01:21 AM
How disappointing.

mooncreek
12-07-2011, 02:49 AM
It's actually hilarious how many players need to say "no" for Almagro to be considered - even if it's on clay!

acionescu
12-07-2011, 07:28 AM
very honest from Nico, I knew that someone having that stunning gf must be good material :D

abraxas21
06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
bump