DC Final 2011: Nadal beats Del Potro 1-6 6-4 6-1 7-6(0) ESP wins 3-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

DC Final 2011: Nadal beats Del Potro 1-6 6-4 6-1 7-6(0) ESP wins 3-1

Pages : [1] 2

LinkMage
12-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Never seen so much choking from a player. Choking the 4th set from *5-3 is only a small fraction of his choking in this match.

7-0 in the TB is just the icing on the cake.

Del Mugtro is like 1,90m tall and serves like a WTA player.

Lucky as hell this Rafito (as always). Won't be so lucky if he faces Djokovic in RG playing like this.

GSMnadal
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Yessssssssss! :bounce:

What a match, what a performance by these two fighters.

So happy :sobbing:

Del Potro :worship:
Rafa! :worship: :worship:

VAMOS!

Start da Game
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
well done......congrats to spain......better luck next time argentina......

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Congrats on letting down your entire country once again Del Potro.

I'm sure Nalbandian can't stand the guy.

Guga_fan
So sad for David, this was probably his last shot at a DC title.

iramlatif
OMG!!! :) i am soooo happy

HeretiC
Shouldn't have lost the momentum after winning 7 games in a row and fail to secure a break from 40:0.

gaitare
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Almost, Delpo :crying2::inlove:

Congrats to Spain.

rubbERR

Nalbandian would have got destroyed by Nadal, stop overeacting, if Nalbandian does have brain he aint too disapointted.

Instead crying and whining respect the effort from a guy who couldnt serve today.

shotgun
Great game, sadly Del Potro got tight in the key moments.

Roamed
It's not fair to call him a choker. He did choke, but that shouldn't be the takeaway from this match. He played extraordinarily well at times and should be congratulated for being in a position to take it 5.

fsoica
when the attacker is so error prone vs Nadal, there's only one winner...the defender was better again, but for how long will it still work, defence style, for Rafa?

Enjoy it Spaniards and Rafatards!
Your sorrow time is over !

Geo
Del Potro proved that when he plays well, he can give even Nadal a tough time on clay. The problem was he choked and was inconsistent during crucial times :lol: :o He could have won the 2nd and 4th sets too...

and Nadal with his dramatic clay angels (as opposed to snow angels) he makes after winning...:zzz:

Getta
12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
bravo Juan Martin :bigclap: bravo Rafa :bigclap:

:worship: :worship: :worship: tennis Davis Cup über alles :worship: :worship: :worship:

i'm not crying

GOAT = Fed
12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Yessssssssss! :bounce:

What a match, what a performance by these two fighters.

So happy :sobbing:

Del Potro :worship:
Rafa! :worship: :worship:

VAMOS!
What happened to 'Del Potro will only win a few games'? ;)

Rogieva
12-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Well done Spain !

Such a dissapointing TB considering how well Del Potro played to break Nadal at 6-5.

Voo de Mar
Poor Del Potro, he left everything on the court, but as he lost the 2nd set it was never in doubt, even if he had won the 4th set, would have probably lost the 5th 2-6, two 5-setters against Pics and Rafa within a weekend is too much for everyone.

TMJordan
Del Potro cost Argentina the davis cup...again.

It's that simple.

Kat_YYZ
poor del po :sad: what a big, dumb lug he can be.

rhinooooo
12-04-2011, 04:26 PM
:worship: Potro.

I was insulting him for not seizing the momentum against Ferru, and he messed up on some important points here. Would have loved the drama of a decider with Nalby. But fuck, the guy fought like crazy in both matches. Got to feel bad for the guy, he left it all out there on a tough surface against two of the toughest players in the sport.

Great drama. Don't understand these clowns who want to change the Davis Cup. This is one of the few matches I've seen in months, finally some fucking drama and atmosphere.

tektonac
NID. players just can't penetrate Rafa ;) on clay ... and moonballing works like a charm.

fsoica
Nice to see Delpo still has it, though...a lot of work and some day that second slam will come, possibly even in Paris...

GSMnadal
What happened to 'Del Potro will only win a few games'? ;)

Yeah, he surprised me... great performance by him

LinkMage

It's that simple.

Yep. 2008 was way more ridiculous though.

Imperfect Angel
12-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Delpo :smash: Had your chances many times.:( Oh well, not meant to win anyway with Nadull at the other side.:rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
Congrats to the Spanish team! :cheerleader: - expected, but still a great result of course.

I only watched the 4rth set, great battle, but what a disappointing performance from Del Potro on about every key point... :o

Rafa - clutch as always, but somehow I got the feeling that he's certainly beatable even on clay. Was it just me?

Ibracadabra
Props to Juan, it takes something quite special to push nadal on this uberslow spanish clay letalone bread stick him.

jonas
I hate Nadal with a passion. But, God, is he strong.
That said Delpos best is light years better than Nadals.
If he only can sort his stamina out...

Chirag
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Nadal is the beast of clay .Too good .

Del Potro gave it his all but he still came up on top .Great man :D

Sorry for delpo though

Priam
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Uninspiring play from Rafa. Match was so up and down. Go rest and come back next year with more energy.

Fat Dave and Chela would've been proud of the choke job. Hope Delpo is fully fit come Oz next year.

Har-Tru
12-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Nice.

Action Jackson
12-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Highly entertaining match, got to take the chances against Nadal on clay, not many happen and Nadal just too tough.

Delpo not beating Ferrer was the turning point.

Very good from Nadal shaking hands with the Argentine bench before celebrating. The crowd were brilliant plenty of energy there, this is why Davis Cup is special.

fabolous
12-04-2011, 04:30 PM
too bad delpo, but nothing to be ashamed of. that first set was brilliant.

samanosuke
Now nadal doesn't need just a tired and fatigued player to beat him on clay, now that same player needs to choke for spartan warrior to beat him . In the first set when delpo was partly fresh he cleaned the court so properly with rafito that looked like carpet, not clay court . If before Nadal was a moonballer he just reached hole new level . Just hope rafito can bring this sort of stuff in next season :o

Feel sorry for Argies. Obviously this title means to them more than any slam title . But Delpo isn't the man to blame it . He gave everything he had . Just mentality isn't there . 2 years ago he would have never lost neither one of these 2 matches . I would be proud if some player fights for my country like Delpo did this week . If you need a man to blame it better choice is nalby , shitting all the time like DC means everything to him but in neither one tie he isn't ready to play 2 matches . This isn't the way how you'll win a DC when your back up is limited fanboy like Monaco

rubbERR
Nadal is the beast of clay .Too good .

Del Potro gave it his all but he still came up on top .Great man :D

Sorry for delpo though

Delpo gave all he had left, its not like he gave his all.

He can do many things better than he did last sets.

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Why would Nalbandian be annoyed? It's not as if the fat turd would've done any better.

Svetlana T.
12-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Why would Nalbandian be annoyed? It's not as if the fat turd would've done any better.

Nalbandian has never lost a singles match in Davis cup finals. Del Potro has lost all the matches he played.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM

:facepalm: x 10000000000000

tennishero
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
stupid delpo, great fight and all but he should have beat ferrer, its that simple.

2012 is our year though, no doubt.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Nalbandian has never lost a singles match in Davis cup finals. Del Potro has lost all the matches he played.

Yes, and thats against bad players, like Nadal and Ferrer their home country, on clay.

Top 5 players are nothing, they cant play tennis, Delpo should have won. :lol:

Dont give me more facepalms because how idiotic you can be.

samanosuke
12-04-2011, 04:35 PM
It sounds funny but if Delpo played Nadal at Friday he would have won that match . Ferrer is worse match up for delpo than nadal is

Svetlana T.
12-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes, and thats against bad players, like Nadal and Ferrer their home country, on clay.

No, that's against the likes of Davydenko and Safin in Moscow and Ferrer in Argentina. Something Del Potro could only dream of doing.

jayjay
12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Feel sorry for Argies. Obviously this title means to them more than any slam title . But Delpo isn't the man to blame it . He gave everything he had . Just mentality isn't there . 2 years ago he would have never lost neither one of these 2 matches . I would be proud if some player fights for my country like Delpo did this week . If you need a man to blame it better choice is nalby , shitting all the time like DC means everything to him but in neither one tie he isn't ready to play 2 matches . This isn't the way how you'll win a DC when your back up is limited fanboy like Monaco

You were almost perfect with this post until you started blaming Nalbandian for anything. He is 3-0 in singles in Davis Cup finals. He has carried Argentina for the best part of 10 years - hammering Hewitt in Australia and thrashing Safin and Davydenko in Russia, just to name a few. He is the greatest Argentina Davis Cup player - EVER. And he is one of the best Davis Cup players in the world - EVER.

juan27
12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
good actitude for nadal with the argentinian team after the match:worship::worship:.

but in the game , nadal always do the same thing, in the importants points with opponents`s serve , he always run and pass the ball waiting for rival`s error.

he always do that:(

in 2012 season , I think that nadal will has a good clay season and winning rg , but in hardcourt if nole , murray , federer , ferrer , delpo and others are in good level nadal hasn`t nothing to do , today`s delpo in hardcourt should destroy nadal and in grass is 50-50 ,nothing clear.

delpo choked in 5-4 , but nadal it`s strange , he choked serving for set and this year nadal suffers that , federer starts his decline in the same way.

Slice Winner
12-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Did anyone else see Rafa's big finger wag after the match? :lol:
Although to be fair, it's mostly Noletards who rage that Roger did that after RG SF 2011.
Rafa was super nice after he won, to all the Argies. :) Especially Pico ;)

TMJordan

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You do know Nalbandian beat Ferrer 3 2 and 3 in the 08 final.

STOP TRYING RETARD.

Har-Tru
Del Potro gave all he could. How people can be so mad at him is beyond me. He's a great fighter.

Priam
12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
They should've just used Dave for one of the first two singles matches.

rubbERR

STOP TRYING RETARD.

That was indoors, Ferrer in horrendous form.

Clay, spain, different.

Ferru back then top 20 player, now top 5 player.

tribalfusion
It sounds funny but if Delpo played Nadal at Friday he would have won that match . Ferrer is worse match up for delpo than nadal is

You're right it sounds funny because it is not the case and just another instance of your being unable to appreciate players for what they are instead of hammering away at your usual hate for Nadal.

Congratulations to both players are in order.

tektonac
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
:confused: who is "smashing" you? I think some of us feel you're just overreacting a bit with your posts. That's all. No need to go crazy.

i think we better let him steam off, who needs another Sello case :lol:

Ben.
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
So many swings in this match. Delpo was looking untouchable for a a set and a bit then he seemed dead in the water til midway through the 4th when it became a break fest. He probably shoule have pushed it to a 5th and then the tie break was dissapointing. Still if it had been a 5th I don't think he would have been able to stay with Rafa for much longer. Two tough losses for him but he gave his all in difficult circumstances, deserves respect.

Rafa patchy match but got it done. Class act as always, shaking hands with Delpo then the Argentine team before celebrating. :bowdown: Amazing how much better his groundstrokes are from WTF to here, huge contrast.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Clay, spain, different.

How about in 06 when he beat Davydenko when he was ranked 3 in the world and Marat Safin? Let me guess they both sucked in 06?

You can't win this. Clearly Nalbandian is 100 times the davis cup player than del Potro.

GOAT = Fed
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM

:facepalm:

This is exactly the clownish quality everyone talks of about you.

HeretiC
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Now nadal doesn't need just a tired and fatigued player to beat him on clay, now that same player needs to choke for spartan warrior to beat him . In the first set when delpo was partly fresh he cleaned the court so properly with rafito that looked like carpet, not clay court . If before Nadal was a moonballer he just reached hole new level . Just hope rafito can bring this sort of stuff in next season :o

That is quite harsh, he has been carrying the DC team on his back for years without any huge second player and there were lot of ties where he played in all three rubbers.

evilmindbulgaria
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
What a match! Great drama until the 4th set tiebreak when unfortunately Delpo fell completely apart.

Congrats Rafa, you proved once again what GREAT CHAMPION you are :worship: And big props to Delpo too, there are not too many players who can play Rafa so tough for 4 hours on clay :yeah: Let's wish both of them an injury-free 2012, tennis will certainly be more exciting with healthy Delpo and Rafa :angel:

For those of you hating on and bashing Delpo - he gave his all in both matches he played, there is no shame in that. Who would have beaten Rafa or Picks on clay? Nalbandian? Schwank?

StevoTG
12-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Great effort from both.

When the hurt wears off, Del Potro should be very proud. Sad to see him in tears, he really left it all out there this weekend and hopefully 2012 will see him healthy and back to winning titles.

Congratulations to Nadal and the Spanish team, worthy champions!

LinkMage

Clay, spain, different.

Ferrer has reached WTF final in 2007 and SF this year.

Please remind me when he has ever even reached the RG semis.

tribalfusion
Clearly Nalbandian is 100 times the davis cup player than del Potro.

Are you actually saying Nalbandian would have beaten Nadal and Ferrer on clay? Seriously?

Del Potro is a better player now than Nalbandian quite easily and played as well or better than could be expected. If you like Argentinian tennis, you should be happy to have him playing at these levels.

alter ego
Definatlly one of the most bizzare matches I've seen.
Nadull lost his first 4 service games and was a point away from losing the 5th. From that point on Del Potro didn't manage to win a single point on nadal's serve for 2 and a half sets, then again at the end of the 4th Del Potro broke Nadull 3 times!!!

Anyways Del Potro was too much one dimensional to win. Every serve he hit was on Nadull's BH, nadull returned all service back on court from the start of the 2nd set onwards. You can't win against Nadal if you use your serve just to start the point.

swebright
We just have to penalized :devil: Rafa for deliberately tanking WTF matches.

Action Jackson
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Nalbandian has carried the Argentine side to DC finals and he has been outstanding in finals.

Anyone with 1 brain cell would know that the del Potro/Ferrer match was the key to this tie. But as I said before this was a very hard fought match not the walk in the park that Nadaltards thought it would be. Del Potro getting broken back from 40-0 up in the 2nd set, but it's not like we don't know how Nadal plays on clay, very easy to find motivation for a DC final.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Are you actually saying Nalbandian would have beaten Nadal and Ferrer on clay? Seriously?

Del Potro is a better player now than Nalbandian quite easily and played as well or better than could be expected. If you like Argentinian tennis, you should be happy to have him playing at these levels.

Not saying he would have beaten Nadal forsure. But I am 100% sure he would have beaten Ferrer in the 5th rubber of the dc final.

Had a heck of a better chance against Nadal than little bitchboy Monaco but I guess the genius coach wanted to "save him".

This is davis cup and Nalbandian will always be 100 times the player del potro is in this situation.

samanosuke
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
You were almost perfect with this post until you started blaming Nalbandian for anything. He is 3-0 in singles in Davis Cup finals. He has carried Argentina for the best part of 10 years - hammering Hewitt in Australia and thrashing Safin and Davydenko in Russia, just to name a few. He is the greatest Argentina Davis Cup player - EVER. And he is one of the best Davis Cup players in the world - EVER.

Don't blame him . It's just response because I see many Argies blame Delpo for this defeat . Doubt that many players would even played today's match if they were in same condition like Delpo today . I mean, he was bad from the start , he was serving from the start of the match just second serves . And it's stupid to blame a guy who played more than 8 hours in 2 days for anything, they should thank him .

tennizen
Rafa and Ferrer on clay in Spain is a pretty formidable combination to take on with only one good player. I am really surprised Delpo actually performed the way he did. After the dust settles, he'll probably be pretty happy with himself.

Sapeod
:facepalm: x 10000000000000
Don't facepalm me when you know I'm right.
The "fat turd" would have beaten that no weapon grinder Ferrer.

It was never asked to Del Mugtro to beat Nadull on this surface. He just needed to beat Ferrer and we would have won 3-2.
Are you kidding me? This is on clay. Did you really expect someone like Del Potro to outlast Ferrer, on clay??

Beating Ferrer on clay = very, very hard. Del Potro = not very good nowadays. Do you see where this is going? Nalbandian would've lost too.

Nole Rules
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
The more talented player lost sadly. Delpo should work hard on his fitness if he wants to win a Slam in the future.

MatchFederer
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Hugely disappointing result.

Well done Spain anyway.

alter ego
12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Nalbandian has carried the Argentine side to DC finals and he has been outstanding in finals.

Anyone with 1 brain cell would know that the del Potro/Ferrer match was the key to this tie.

It was the key for a very close tie. But Ferrer would have still been the favourite to win against Nalbandian on this very slow clay.
But then again, with less pressure on his sholders and more on Nadull's, Del Potro might have won the match tonight.

ExcaliburII
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
There was no chance Nalbandian lost an eventual 5th tie. Exactly 0

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't facepalm me when you know I'm right.

You're not right. In fact you're never right.

I know you're only 11 years old but back in 08 and 06 (when you were still in preschool) Nalbandian showed he is one of the greatest davis cup players of all time.

shotgun
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Del Potro beating Nadal and the momentum would have totally shifted in Argentina's favour. My money would surely be on Nalbandian in an eventual live 5th rubber against Ferrer.

I doubt Ferrer would have been able to replicate his performance against Delpo on Friday anyway, especially with the pressure on his shoulders.

Kat_YYZ
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
That is quite harsh, he has been carrying the DC team on his back for years without any huge second player and there were lot of ties where he played in all three rubbers.

But Nalbandian pretty much took two months to prepare for this. If he can't play a few matches in a few days, he should retire. In every tournament except slams you play one match a day everyday with no breaks. It's not asking so much, I think. :shrug:

Action Jackson
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
It was the key for a very close tie. But Ferrer would have still been the favourite to win against Nalbandian on this very slow clay.
But then again, with less pressure on his sholders and more on Nadull's, Del Potro might have won the match tonight.

Nalbandian has DC final form even against Ferrer I'd be confident that he'd take him down, but that's all what ifs.

Del Potro unlike Söderling doesn't have the penetration on serve. Another thing Delpo didn't use the short slice serve at all on the deuce side to open up the court. This didn't help especially being heavy legged in addition to not having the best serve

He had chances, but this match was always tough. Very hard to get the balance right between aggression, knowing when to defend, especially on this surface vs. Nadal.

HeretiC
12-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Don't blame him . It's just response because I see many Argies blame Delpo for this defeat . Doubt that many players would even played today's match if they were in same condition like Delpo today . I mean, he was bad from the start , he was serving from the start of the match just second serves . And it's stupid to blame a guy who played more than 8 hours in 2 days for anything, they should thank him .

Well, maybe it looks like they are blaming him cause of the stats: he played and lost all of the 3 final rubbers. I don't think that anyone from the Argie team is going to blame him for this one, he preserved himself before the tie and gave his all in it. But, for 2008 - it is a different story.

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
You're not right. In fact you're never right.
Incorrect.
I know you're only 11 years old but back in 08 and 06 (when you were still in preschool) Nalbandian showed he is one of the greatest davis cup players of all time.
You're not too bright, are you? I know fine that Nalbandian was good back then, but he is a miserable excuse nowadays. He wouldn't have beaten Ferrer. End of story.

GSMnadal
12-04-2011, 04:58 PM
People, stop with all the hate.

This is a place to celebrate Spain's fantastic performance!

alter ego
12-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Nalbandian has DC final form even against Ferrer I'd be confident that he'd take him down, but that's all what ifs.

Del Potro unlike Söderling doesn't have the penetration on serve. Another thing Delpo didn't use the short slice serve at all on the deuce side to open up the court. This didn't help especially being heavy legged in addition to not having the best serve

He had chances, but this match was always tough. Very hard to get the balance right between aggression, knowing when to defend, especially on this surface vs. Nadal.

100% agree on that. Del Potro served extremly bad. Rolled over every 1st and 2nd serve on Nadal's BH, Nadal had 0 problems with that. No topspin, no slice, no nothing.

But regarding Nalbandian I'll stick with my opinion. Ferrer showed just too much form at the YEC and against Del Potro while Nalbandian has played very few matches this year.

Schu
12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
He didnt choke you piece of shits... He couldnt serve and that left him fight everypoint on baseline, Delpo cant do that.

He doesnt moonball so his game aint consistent enough for that.

Delpo is certainly not one of my favorite players but kodos to him for ALMOST pushing Nadal to 5. But he DID choke at a few very critical points - some easy forehands in the net at important points - classic choking. And after he missed his opportunity in the second set (with a few choke shots) it was NID. He was never going to last 5 with Nadal.

I don't like Delpo but all the "cost Argetnina the DC" talk is crazy. No way he was going to beat BOTH Pics and Nadal on clay. Even if he beat Nadal, Nalby beating Pics on Clay in Spain, in a 5th rubber was certainly not a sure thing, although I would LOVED to have seen Dave more fired up than he'd ever been on a court.

Anyway congrats to Spain AGAIN. And Delpo, still not crazy about him BUT :hatoff: to giving your all twice this weekend. Just because someone chokes a few points doesn't mean they aren't fighting and fight Delpo did (and choke some too)but hey so did clay warrior Rafa...

Just like heaven
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
:worship:

http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagenes/2011/12/04/tenis/copa_davis/1323015907_extras_portada_1.jpg

Raferminator
Bravo, Rafa! :bowdown: No one has the relentless fighting sprit and the ability to recover from adversity that you constantly bring to the court, even after everyone has written you off due to some perceived "devastating" loss.

I knew once the Clay Warrior got his feet back in the dirt, all past problems would dissolve like a bad cold after eating a piping hot bowl of chicken soup. Rafa is clearly back and fully recharged psychologically. It is one thing to completely ANNIHILATE Juan Monaco, but doing this to Del Potro is the complete validation of his resurrection. Long live the Spartan Warrior!!!

And you poor bitter, deluded Fedtards! Look at these FACTS! Rafa has now helped Spain win FOUR, count em, FOUR Davis Cup Finals. Nole helped Serbia win it's very first Davis Cup last year. How many Davis Cup Titles has Muger Frauderer helped Switzerland win? That's right, Fedtards - Frauder comes up with a big, fat ZERO!!!

Action Jackson
Stick to the match peoples.

Telegram Sam
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Nadal's achievements in 2011:

- 7th MC Masters in 7 years
- 6th Barcelona in 7 years
- 6th Garros in 7 years
- 4th time (3rd final) he helped his team win the Davis Cup

Fantastic silverware added to his clay court legacy. :clap2:

Too bad Djokovic ruined most of the season, but it was about time for the Serb to turn the tables.

Still, a very good year for anyone's standards. :cool:

Trih
Rafa :worship:

fsoica
People, stop with all the hate.

This is a place to celebrate Spain's fantastic performance!

Hate?
Who's hating who?
come on, we are grownups here, mate

The only thing I can admit is that I like bashing some green-dressed tard from time to time...i am sure the true fans can enjoy the victory of their favourites and, at the same time, lol-ing abt the harsh replies here :devil:

alter ego
12-04-2011, 05:06 PM
And you poor bitter, deluded Fedtards! Look at these FACTS! Rafa has now helped Spain win FOUR, count em, FOUR Davis Cup Finals. Nole helped Serbia win it's very first Davis Cup last year. How many Davis Cup Titles has Muger Frauderer helped Switzerland win? That's right, Fedtards - Frauder comes up with a big, fat ZERO!!!

Did Federer play tonight? :scratch:

LinkMage
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh, reallllly, so you are counting as a gimme that Nalbandian would have beaten Nadal on the decider? Lol, I am a big fan of the fat talented, but Nadal would still been the favorite and perhpas would have been able to beat Nalbandian easier than Delpo. Unless Nalbandian was 100% virtuoso, Delpo is much more consistent and clay is his better surface.

On Clay Spain is just the favorite against anyone, they have pratically everytime 2 points in the bag already with Nadal.

:confused:

Nalbandian would have played Ferrer, not Nadal.

star

If Spain had lost, Nadal would have been blamed.

Its the way of things. The lead guy gets the glory or gets the blame. JDMP put everything on the line for Argentina. He took the risk of blame for the glory of winning it for his country.

Carrying a team for Davis Cup takes a great deal out of a player.

JDMP needs some help to win the Cup though. He’s not like a Federer who can win at singles and doubles.

Anyway, the guy did his best, but Spain at home was too much.

fsoica
Nadal's achievements in 2011:

- 7th MC Masters in 7 years
- 6th Barcelona in 7 years
- 6th Garros in 7 years
- 4th time (3rd final) he helped his team win the Davis Cup

Fantastic silverware added to his clay court legacy. :clap2:

Too bad Djokovic ruined most of the season, but it was about time for the Serb to turn the tables.

Still, a very good year for anyone's standards. :cool:

Yeah, Nadal was already in the history books, 2011 just cemented his legacy.
2nd best ever overall and the best clay courter ever is something noone will take it from him

Kat_YYZ
But seriously, to Del Po fans: why is his serve so poor? Is he injured? I can't believe such a tall, strong man can't bang down better serves. :confused:

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:08 PM
You just don't get it, Kale. :facepalm:
You're the one who doesn't get it. Ferrer on clay is a monster. Del Potro on clay is very good, but nowhere near Ferrer. Ferrer was always going to win that match. It was expected. Nalbandian would've lost too. You think he has the stamina to stay with Ferrer on clay nowadays? :lol:

HeretiC
But Nalbandian pretty much took two months to prepare for this. If he can't play a few matches in a few days, he should retire. In every tournament except slams you play one match a day everyday with no breaks. It's not asking so much, I think. :shrug:

You think the argies team would have been stupid to put a guy with few operations to play 3 5 setters in a row and win it all alone? No way, the made a good decision, even if he won the first rubber against Nadal (I don't think he would have), he would have been spent for doubles and in the 5th rubber, this was always about Del Potro winning one rubber ( more likely the one against Ferrer).

bandabou
Great match...DelPO needs to work on his serve though. I mean for a guy so tall his serve sure is weak.

Nadal does it again. Just fought his way back into the match.

the biscuit
Rafa hugging/shaking hands with the Argies before celebrating. :hearts:

viruzzz
Better luck next time, Delp.
Both players were tired, today, Nadal woud've been beaten by a healthy Soderling.
I'm really sad for this match. Really sad.
I really wanted that cup. v___v

GugaF1
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Anyone with 1 brain cell would know that the del Potro/Ferrer match was the key to this tie. But as I said before this was a very hard fought match not the walk in the park that Nadaltards thought it would be. Del Potro getting broken back from 40-0 up in the 2nd set, but it's not like we don't know how Nadal plays on clay, very easy to find motivation for a DC final.

I agree that the key match was with Ferrer on Friday, but in no way I believe Delpo could have been considered a favorite in that match, it was at best 40 to 60, if you consider Ferrer and Delpo's year. Is good rememebering also, that Ferrer is one of the few Tennis players that is able to give consistenyl tough match to Nadal on clay almost everytime. Some have been able to beat Nadal on it once in a blue moon, Soderling, Federer, but Ferrer showed that he can consistently make matches tough with Nadal on clay, something that until Djokovic this year, wasn't seen before. So his level on clay is no joke.

jayjay
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
And it's stupid to blame a guy who played more than 8 hours in 2 days for anything, they should thank him .

Exactly.

Unfortunately some people are too simple and for every loss there has to be blame. Del Potro was brilliant in both matches, he just didn't take the chance to beat Ferrer - which is just one of those things.

Del Potro will be a major reason why Argentina will win the Davis Cup for the first time. Hopefully next year with Nalbandian (in what will surely be his last, last chance to win it), but if not, sometime in the future.

And when he does - the same morons who are having a go at him now will be sucking his dick.

Alex999
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Kudos to DP. He could have won the 4th set. He was so close. I still think that DP, with some hard work on his fitness/conditioning could win more majors. It's not cool to call him a choker but this is MTF so I'm not surprised.

Congrats to Spain, better luck to Argentina next time.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
You're the one who doesn't get it. Ferrer on clay is a monster. Del Potro on clay is very good, but nowhere near Ferrer. Ferrer was always going to win that match. It was expected. Nalbandian would've lost too. You think he has the stamina to stay with Ferrer on clay nowadays? :lol:

Please tell me who has RG SF's out of Ferrer, Nalbandian and Del Potro.

You know how much tennis Ferrer has played latley? I don't care even if Ferrer was 10-0 vs Nalbandian in the past, in a 5th rubber of a davis cup final Nalbandian is not losing to anyone.

You won't win this.

the biscuit
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
If Spain had lost, Nadal would have been blamed.

Its the way of things. The lead guy gets the glory or gets the blame. JDMP put everything on the line for Argentina. He took the risk of blame for the glory of winning it for his country.

Carrying a team for Davis Cup takes a great deal out of a player.

JDMP needs some help to win the Cup though. He’s not like a Federer who can win at singles and doubles.

Anyway, the guy did his best, but Spain at home was too much.

I agree, poor Juan. That face just after he lost... He was up against the best clay courter of all time on a slow clay court, I had expected him to do worse tbh.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Del Potro tried.. he can be proud of himself. He tried his best. I know how much this means to him. Sad to see Argentina lose.. I love the country. It's very hard to beat Rafa on clay though, and at home in Spain.. it's nearly impossible. Delpo put in a good effort and can be proud of himself. The key was winning the rubber against Ferrer, which he couldn't do, so the result was NID. But it was nice to see him at least put in a good effort and try against Rafa, and he won more games than most other players would have against him. Well done!

I am expecting more from Delpo next season. Can't wait to see what he's capable of! I think he'll have a great season!

Spain, congrats on the Davis Cup win. It was well deserved! :) España Campeones :cheerleader:

GugaF1
:confused:

Nalbandian would have played Ferrer, not Nadal.

You are right, I deleted that post. I mixed it up the matches. Still, you think it was Delpo's obligation to beat Ferrer? he could have done it, of course, but in anycase it was a very tough match and in no way it shows that Delpo is weak on Davis cup as you put it.

rhinooooo

Great point with the serve. He doesn't have the variety on it. I saw him hit maybe a couple of short slice serves that gave him the opportunity for easy put-aways. But he didn't manage to generate enough good serves for a simple 1-2 punch.

Also, his net/transition game was very bad over the two matches. Despite the slower surfaces, better racket techhology etc, seems like there is definitely a place for a competent net game for alot of these big hitters. It's a void that should be explored. Pony, Soda, even Cilic would benefit massively from it. Davy managed to make some improvement in his netgame a couple of years ago that definitely helped him.

Berdych has shown some improvement too.

GOAT = Fed
Bravo, Rafa! :bowdown: No one has the relentless fighting sprit and the ability to recover from adversity that you constantly bring to the court, even after everyone has written you off due to some perceived "devastating" loss.

I knew once the Clay Warrior got his feet back in the dirt, all past problems would dissolve like a bad cold after eating a piping hot bowl of chicken soup. Rafa is clearly back and fully recharged psychologically. It is one thing to completely ANNIHILATE Juan Monaco, but doing this to Del Potro is the complete validation of his resurrection. Long live the Spartan Warrior!!!

Can you ever stop keeping Federer/Fedtards out of your posts please? :facepalm:

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:14 PM

You know how much tennis Ferrer has played latley? I don't care even if Ferrer was 10-0 vs Nalbandian in the past, in a 5th rubber of a davis cup final Nalbandian is not losing to anyone.

You won't win this.
RG is relevant here, because?? Ferrer is better on clay than Nalbandian, even if the latter has a semi-final and the other doesn't. You can't win this. Despite playing a lot recently, Ferrer would've beaten Nalbandian.

And Nalbandian isn't losing to anyone in the 5th set of a Davis Cup match? On clay too? Nadal says hello :wavey:

alter ego
12-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Both players were tired, today, Nadal woud've been beaten by a healthy Soderling.

Well next year you will play Serbia and Spain home, if you meet them.

rubbERR

Beaten by Söderling? LOL :lol:

When Top player is injured and you cant play you suddenly become some mysterious god, who can punish everyone.

We all know Söderling aint that good. :lol:

TMJordan
RG is relevant here, because?? Ferrer is better on clay than Nalbandian, even if the latter has a semi-final and the other doesn't. You can't win this. Ferrer would've beaten Nalbandian. And Nalbandian isn't losing to anyone in the 5th set of a Davis Cup match? On clay too? Nadal says hello.

!VamosRafa!
12-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Rafa :worship:
So happy :bounce: :banana:

SetSampras
12-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Not a bad showing at all by Del Potro. To almost take it 5 sets with the arguably the best clay courter to ever play the game is pretty damn good.

Funny I didn't see this Nadal ( The nadal wanting to win) at the YEC for some reason.:rolleyes:

Svetlana T.

Del Potro is a better player than Ferrer on any surface. He should have won the match, especially being 2-1 up with Ferrer practically giving up.

viruzzz
RG is relevant here, because?? Ferrer is better on clay than Nalbandian, even if the latter has a semi-final and the other doesn't. You can't win this. Despite playing a lot recently, Ferrer would've beaten Nalbandian.

And Nalbandian isn't losing to anyone in the 5th set of a Davis Cup match? On clay too? Nadal says hello :wavey:

Really bro, stop it, you're not always right.

Nalby in DC is almost impossible to defeat, when he plays Nadal and lose, you could share your opinion, that didn't happened, we don't need another "What if..." thread.

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:18 PM
You don't have anything to say? I'll take that as a victory for me :)

Gagsquet

You won't win this.

Prime Nalby of course but the current Nalby not sure.

fsoica
Apart from the spaniards taking the cup again, one can see, from this 4th rubber, that a big hitter on a good day can take out nadal even on a terribly slow clay court....so. no place to go for rafa in the future...i cannot be more anxious to see rafa in oz.., one cannt ever know what to expect from this fellow...

LocoPorElTenis
12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
People criticizing Delpo are clueless, his performance was nothing short of heroic

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
You don't have anything to say? I'll take that as a victory for me :)

Just when I thought you were imporving as a poster you show me why you made the ACC SF. :)

Victory for me. :)

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Del Potro is a better player than Ferrer on any surface. He should have won the match, especially being 2-1 up with Ferrer practically giving up.
Del Potro is better on hardcourts, yes. On grass? No, he's terrible on grass while Ferrer isn't too bad tbh. On clay? No.
Of course I'm not always right, but I'm pretty close to it most of the time.
Nalby in DC is almost impossible to defeat, when he plays Nadal and lose, you could share your opinion, that didn't happened, we don't need another "What if..." thread.
I'd like to see Nalbandian try and beat Nadal on clay in a Davis Cup match :wavey: Seriously, this whole "Nalbandian is unstoppable" rubbish is tedious.

alter ego

Quoted for truth. This isn't 2006/2007 anymore.

TMJordan

Did you watch the doubles match? :)

Sunset of Age
Funny I didn't see this Nadal ( The nadal wanting to win) at the YEC for some reason.:rolleyes:

You didn't notice the different surface? Are you colour-blind or something?

LocoPorElTenis
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Nalbandian steps it up in DC but it's a huge leap to say he would beat Nadal in Spain on clay... usually you have a better sense of perspective than most of MTF (not that it takes much :lol:) but David is not some kind of invincible monster on DC... he's lost to much worse players than Nadal at much better stages of his career, even on DC.

Sapeod
Just when I thought you were imporving as a poster you show me why you made the ACC SF. :)

Victory for me. :)
How is that a victory? You haven't even made an attempt at replying to the argument at hand. I'll just take that as evidence that you have nothing else to say and move on.

Gagsquet

No why? Is this relevant?

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:23 PM
The doubles match had two players, not one. Schwank was also there, just in case you didn't notice. Nalbandian must've blocked your view :wavey: Seriously, you're relying on doubles as evidence that Nalbandian would've beaten Ferrer?

1. Doubles is played by two players, not one.
2. Doubles is completely different from singles.

alter ego

You should know better than to feed the troll, now he is going to blabble about Sampras and how much bettter the Yec was in 1884.

SetSampras

What does not showing up at all to play tennis have to do with surface? You mean the same surface which Nadal reach the finals at last year? Its clear as day, Nadal didn't show up to the YEC this year

rubbERR
This result is positive for Delpo actually, he knows he can make it competitive against Nadal even without serve.

Hardcourt its going to be total humiliation with serve. :lol:

Action Jackson
It's all what ifs about Nalbandian whether he'd beat Nadal or win a 5th match against Ferrer.

No right or wrong answer with what ifs, is there?

HeretiC
Great point with the serve. He doesn't have the variety on it. I saw him hit maybe a couple of short slice serves that gave him the opportunity for easy put-aways. But he didn't manage to generate enough good serves for a simple 1-2 punch.

Also, his net/transition game was very bad over the two matches. Despite the slower surfaces, better racket techhology etc, seems like there is definitely a place for a competent net game for alot of these big hitters. It's a void that should be explored. Pony, Soda, even Cilic would benefit massively from it. Davy managed to make some improvement in his netgame a couple of years ago that definitely helped him.

Berdych has shown some improvement too.

Yup, he could have used slice serve on deuce court, but he always was a player who relies more on the pace on his serve than on the placement and when he can't produce pace his serve is pretty much lost cause, he doesn't even have a decent kicker.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 05:24 PM
No why? Is this relevant?

Nalbandian will always be a good davis cup player.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
How is that a victory? You haven't even made an attempt at replying to the argument at hand. I'll just take that as evidence that you have nothing else to say and move on.

I should have gave you my vote. :facepalm:

SetSampras
12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
ROFL.. Nalbandian beat Nadal.

Nalbandian can't even beat Obesity

Svetlana T.
12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Del Potro is better on hardcourts, yes. On grass? No, he's terrible on grass while Ferrer isn't too bad tbh. On clay? No.

Based on what? He is just a weaponless grinder who has had his best results on hardcourts actually.

And RG is relevant if we are talking about clay. In fact, there is nothing more relevant than RG.

Kat_YYZ
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
You should know better than to feed the troll, now he is going to blabble about Sampras and how much bettter the Yec was in 1884.

:haha:

Gagsquet
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Nalbandian will always be a good davis cup player.

I never said he was not. But good enough to beat Nadal on clay right now... Not sure, really but I agree with you that he should have played against Rafa.

jayjay
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Seriously, this whole "Nalbandian is unstoppable" rubbish is tedious.

No more tedious than you slagging off Davis Cup and then posting frequently in Davis Cup related threads. You're only saving grace is that you're 12, and I cut you some slack for that, even though you're like a message board ASBO.

TMJordan
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I never said he was not. But good enough to beat Nadal on clay right now... Not sure, really but I agree with you that he should have played against Rafa.
Ok. :)

All I am saying is I saw flashes of 06 in the doubles match yesterday.

Gagsquet
12-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Ok. :)

All I am saying is I saw flashes of 06 in the doubles match yesterday.

I should have watched it. :sad:

cobalt60
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
:worship: Potro.

I was insulting him for not seizing the momentum against Ferru, and he messed up on some important points here. Would have loved the drama of a decider with Nalby. But fuck, the guy fought like crazy in both matches. Got to feel bad for the guy, he left it all out there on a tough surface against two of the toughest players in the sport.

Great drama. Don't understand these clowns who want to change the Davis Cup. This is one of the few matches I've seen in months, finally some fucking drama and atmosphere.

NID. players just can't penetrate Rafa ;) on clay ... and moonballing works like a charm.

Nice to see Delpo still has it, though...a lot of work and some day that second slam will come, possibly even in Paris...

Yeah, he surprised me... great performance by him

Congrats to the Spanish team! :cheerleader: - expected, but still a great result of course.

I only watched the 4rth set, great battle, but what a disappointing performance from Del Potro on about every key point... :o

Rafa - clutch as always, but somehow I got the feeling that he's certainly beatable even on clay. Was it just me?

Highly entertaining match, got to take the chances against Nadal on clay, not many happen and Nadal just too tough.

Delpo not beating Ferrer was the turning point.

Very good from Nadal shaking hands with the Argentine bench before celebrating. The crowd were brilliant plenty of energy there, this is why Davis Cup is special.

too bad delpo, but nothing to be ashamed of. that first set was brilliant.

Delpo gave all he had left, its not like he gave his all.

He can do many things better than he did last sets.

Del Potro gave all he could. How people can be so mad at him is beyond me. He's a great fighter.

Can't wait to watch it on rerun. And I assume from you lovely posters that these are objective comments :yeah: and not frustrating/hateful ones.

juan27
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
ROFL.. Nalbandian beat Nadal.

Nalbandian can't even beat Obesity

nalbandian is one of the worst opponents from nadal....

always put the thing hard for nadal , even after injuries.

anyway , the court was very slow and the balls too , del potro in rg with fasters balls maybe he can win

cobalt60
12-04-2011, 05:33 PM
No more tedious than you slagging off Davis Cup and then posting frequently in Davis Cup related threads. You're only saving grace is that you're 12, and I cut you some slack for that, even though you're like a message board ASBO.

16 I believe. No need to cut him slack; my boys are better behaved overall so it is possible.

helvet empire
terrible result.:sad:
Didn't see the match, but I guess nadal took advantage of a tired del potro. How can the spanish public cheer for such a boring asspicker is beyond me:confused:

SetSampras
nalbandian is one of the worst opponents from nadal....

always put the thing hard for nadal , even after injuries.

anyway , the court was very slow and the balls too , del potro in rg with fasters balls maybe he can win

Nalbandian can't even handle Nadal on HC's. What makes anyone think he could handle Nadal on this slow clay? You would have to have an oxygen tank present for the guy

Foxy
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
The GOAT stroke again! Vamoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos!

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5657/rafanadaltitlescollagevk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/rafanadaltitlescollagevk.png/)

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Based on what? He is just a weaponless grinder who has had his best results on hardcourts actually.
Yes, his best results are on hardcourt, but his game is best suited to clay. If it weren't for Nadal, he's have quite a number of masters titles on the surface already. The fact he does so well on hardcourt just shows you how good he is.
And RG is relevant if we are talking about clay. In fact, there is nothing more relevant than RG.
RG is on clay, fine. It's best of 5 sets, fine. But, it's a different tournament. Davis Cup and RG are different. You think Ferrer is going to the same at both? He won't do exactly the same at both, so stop using his relatively early losses at RG as evidence that he'd lose here.
I guess you can't read the number by the side above my post count? I'll cut you some slack, because you seem to have missed that.

latso
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
If i didn't watch the match and saw only the result i would be - kudos for Pony, great fight, respectable result, etc.

But seing how from blowing Rafa away from the court he started choking like Acasuso in his bad days....it makes me rather disapointed.

This Easy FH at 6-1 *4-5 30-30 UE was the turning point and there was virtually no comming back after this, despite he made it look like he has certain chances at the end.

I don't even blame him for this 6-1 *1-0 40-0 game as Rafa took it himself with great tennis, but losing the set in this fashion was extremely disapointing.

Still, at the end of the day, looking from some distance, the guy played amazing in big chunks of the match and was smashing Rafa on slow clay in a fashion that no other player in the world could at this moment.

Congrats to Armada, deserved tittle.

Sapeod
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Federer says hi.

fsoica
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM

Nice picture!

It's your work?

SetSampras
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
This is flat out proof, Nadal was just saving himself for the davis cup and that he didn't show up to want to WIN the WTF this year.

Action Jackson
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I should have gave you my vote. :facepalm:

Interesting.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
RR Richard Gasquet (FRA) 15 W 6-3, 6-0, 6-1
RR Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 10 W 6-0, 6-2, 6-4

Show respect guy who almost took it 5 sets against King of Clay, French mugs got annihilated for example.

He can beat Rafa on clay when he has serve again, best of 3.

samanosuke
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5657/rafanadaltitlescollagevk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/rafanadaltitlescollagevk.png/)

WTF

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/images/covers/avariel-no-end-in-sight(demo)-20110719103608.jpg

Gagsquet
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Gasquet was clearly injured. He could barely walk. It's a common knowledge.

Sunset of Age
12-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Can't wait to watch it on rerun. And I assume from you lovely posters that these are objective comments :yeah: and not frustrating/hateful ones.

:hug: - it sure was a great match Sue, even if it ended badly for your guy, you'll surely enjoy the tennis.
Del Potro deserves praise in stead of scolding. Gave it his best but just too inconsistent at key points.

nole_no1
12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Well done Delpo but :facepalm: at losing the set from *5-3 30-15 up

helvet empire
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM
This is flat out proof, Nadal was just saving himself for the davis cup and that he didn't show up to want to WIN the WTF this year.

yeah and he was saving himslef in the first set too...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6 WTF>5 WTF
Federer> Sampras
Me> you

fmolinari2005
12-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Or is this a proof that DC lost its glamour and importance?! A couple of days ago he was saying that he had lost passion for the game, but he still can win mickey mouse tournaments. :lol:

Seriously now. Good effort from DelPo- again he came so close. The guy who won this tie was Ferrer. It was obvious, no matter how good he could play Nadal on clay, that Juan was never going to defeat Rafa (Clay Court GOAT IMO). But it is the proof that on clay there is NO team better than Spain. And even off clay it is hard beating those guys.

Nadal did look shaky out there. But still too much game on clay, where he still can beat big hitters by running down every shot. A question: who is the player to win most DC titles?!

Congrats to Spain. I wanted Argentina to win it. It was heartbreaking seeing Juan crying after the match. And Nalby ... I so wanted to see you winning the last match and the tournament.

Manequin75
12-04-2011, 05:51 PM

the left side of your picture parallel to the beijing olympics - mark that spot for London olympics. Love the symmetry :)

SetSampras
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Or is this a proof that DC lost its glamour and importance?! A couple of days ago he was saying that he had lost passion for the game, but he still can win mickey mouse tournaments. :lol:

Seriously now. Good effort from DelPo- again he came so close. The guy who won this tie was Ferrer. It was obvious, no matter how good he could play Nadal on clay, that Juan was never going to defeat Rafa (Clay Court GOAT IMO). But it is the proof that on clay there is NO team better than Spain. And even off clay it is hard beating those guys.

Nadal did look shaky out there. But still too much game on clay, where he still can beat big hitters by running down every shot. A question: who is the player to win most DC titles?!

Congrats to Spain. I wanted Argentina to win it. It was heartbreaking seeing Juan crying after the match. And Nalby ... I so wanted to see you winning the last match and the tournament.

How is the Davis Cup a mickey mouse tournament? These days you can argue it has more importance then even the WTF

juan27
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM

bullshits, nadull can`t win WTF in any circunstance.

nadal need this davis cup not for spain , for himself!!

he needs feel win something for recover sensations after his defeats agains nole , since rg nadal suffers hits , davis cup was the more easy posibility for win , in spain and in super slow clay with a great partner like ferrer too.

but , his sensations wasn`s so good , when he faced a hard opponent( mugnaco is a joke) even in this slow clay and with all of his side.

Manequin75
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
could any kind hearted spanish soul please direct me to the spanish song which was playing when the team was celebrating with the trophy? Players, crowd everybody was singing...what is the name of the song - how do i search it on you tube? Thanks a lot.

Sonja1989
12-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :bounce: :aparty: :drink: Vamos Espana!!!! Congrats guys!! :hug: :smooch: :kiss: :worship: :hatoff:

LinkMage
12-04-2011, 05:56 PM
WTF

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/images/covers/avariel-no-end-in-sight(demo)-20110719103608.jpg

:spit:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

fmolinari2005
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
How is the Davis Cup a mickey mouse tournament? These days you can argue it has more importance then even the WTF

Well. If you can say that WTF lost its importance, I can say that DC is a mickey mouse tournament. After all, both happened at the end of the year when players are tired. And if you look at the overall rankings of players at both tournaments, I suspect that the YEC had the top 8 ranked ones, while at the DC ... oh well ...the argies didn't have a single top ten in their team.

And, of course I was joking about DC losing importance. The sad thing is that when you say that about the YEC you are just being a sore loser.

Manequin75
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
i have seen a lot of tennis matches on tv and live but never seen the atmosphere like it was today in the stadium. (not in a tennis match) Awesome entertainment for the crowd and such strong emotions. After the match there were moving images of joy/sorrow from spanish/argentinian fans. Delpo would never cry like that if he lost a slam final. All those Argentinian fans would not be weeping that way. It was just so moving man.

Not a wimbleodn final, a RG final, a WTF final can a fan walk around proudly claiming "we won" as the spanish did after their victory today. You could tell the Argentinians would trade away multiple slam wins of their stars to win the Davis Cup once. This is the only trophy in pro tennis which you win along with your teammates and your countrymen.

Nole Rules
12-04-2011, 06:03 PM
WTF

:spit:

Gagsquet
12-04-2011, 06:03 PM
A couple of days ago he was saying that he had lost passion for the game, but he still can win mickey mouse tournaments. :lol:

Picture of the trophy ceremony

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4943/87695446.png

SetSampras
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Well. If you can say that WTF lost its importance, I can say that DC is a mickey mouse tournament. After all, both happened at the end of the year when players are tired. And if you look at the overall rankings of players at both tournaments, I suspect that the YEC had the top 8 ranked ones, while at the DC ... oh well ...the argies didn't have a single top ten in their team.

And, of course I was joking about DC losing importance. The sad thing is that when you say that about the YEC you are just being a sore loser.

The YEC has a lot a TON of prestige IMO over the last 20 or so years. For a while there it was a complete joke. Just with the atmosphere of the crazy crowds and the the comrodery of the respective countries, its almost like watching the Soccer world cup.

MariaV
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Of course he still has it, and RG is absolutely possible, he can sweep even Rafa off the court if he's top fit and Rafa has problems.

fmolinari2005
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Picture of the trophy ceremony

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least Nadal is keeping his hand to himself on that picture. Not goofying around with Goofy.

This tie was never in doubt when Rafa was already groping the argentinians during the week. He just sealed the deal today.

Foxy
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Nice picture!

It's your work?

Yeap. I've created it in early 2010 and I am now just updating it after a good tournament.

Har-Tru
12-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Is that the best pic in the history of tennis? I think it is.

Just like heaven
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b2/fullj.0f5409ddddedf2ad252d66ca2ef1be75/0f5409ddddedf2ad252d66ca2ef1be75-getty-507579651.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/53/fullj.573f77e3edd8486718ca6d95a2dcf894/573f77e3edd8486718ca6d95a2dcf894-getty-507579388.jpg

fmolinari2005
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
The YEC has a lot a TON of prestige IMO over the last 20 or so years. For a while there it was a complete joke. Just with the atmosphere of the crazy crowds and the the comrodery of the respective countries, its almost like watching the Soccer world cup.

Comrodery of the respective countries?! :lol: :lol:

MariaV
12-04-2011, 06:17 PM

STOP TRYING RETARD.

Still lost the doubles to Fer y Feli! :ras: :shrug:

How about in 06 when he beat Davydenko when he was ranked 3 in the world and Marat Safin? Let me guess they both sucked in 06?

You can't win this. Clearly Nalbandian is 100 times the davis cup player than del Potro.

Still lost the doubles to Safin and Tursunov! :ras: Had to be said. :p

shiaben
12-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Never in Doubt.

SetSampras
12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
God dang... Nadal looks a stick anymore.. Whats he got a disease? He looks horrible and unhealthy. He used to be jacked to the gills with muscle

rubbERR
Never in Doubt.

Why do you want state the obvious 100x times? Nadal winning best of 5 set match on clay, thats OBVIOUSLY NID.

No one can keep up with Nadal on clay best of 5, Djokovic? His best form is behind him, he is back being same level as before.

juan27

davis cup it`s not even close to a soccer world cup , football it`s much popular sport and with more passion.

football is a team sport , tennis not.

for a football player , win a world cup is the maximum glory , for tennis , davis cup not.

if you say that wtf now is a joke , davis cup too.

the davis cup lost much too , many times the bests player don`t play , even nadal many times plays only semois or final ,but the firsts round or with spain plays in toer countries he didn`t play like this year with usa.

Arkulari
12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
http://desmotivaciones.es/demots/201103/images4_491.jpg

http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagenes/2011/12/04/tenis/copa_davis/1323015907_extras_portada_3.jpg

http://desmotivaciones.es/demots/201104/yosoyespanol.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Eskerrik asko, Rafa :hearts:

Juan :hug:

MTwEeZi
12-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Rafa :bigclap:

Dull Potro :nerner:

rubbERR
Now the hardest thing is to people to move on, lets see how many days this thread is on top, no lifers cant move on.

Mr.Michael
Argentina will win it in 2012. After the Germany tie they'll only have home ties. If Nalby stays fit it's a no-brainer.

Just like heaven
12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/28/fullj.4abc6a2eace19ee9662f2233b7cf1f42/4abc6a2eace19ee9662f2233b7cf1f42-getty-507579095.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/f5/fullj.a2080adca43849814f1a1a42776fa393/a2080adca43849814f1a1a42776fa393-getty-507579191.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/76/fullj.d31a518d37a9e20d7336bba18ccf55ab/d31a518d37a9e20d7336bba18ccf55ab-getty-134855944.jpg

MariaV
12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Argentina will win it in 2012. After the Germany tie they'll only have home ties. If Nalby stays fit it's a no-brainer.

Hopefully yes, bc it's gonna probably be his last chance.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Nalbandian is somekind of Davis Cup lord, what in the fuck? Guy has lost multiple times in Davis Cup, Argentina has fallen because of HIM.

Kiedis
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YvC658jtJjk/Srg9I7Ro-pI/AAAAAAAABRU/BmfJX92-feE/s1600/winner-theme.gif

GSMnadal
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Love Rafa's finger, reminds me of Federer after beating Djokovic at RG :p

Manequin75
12-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Love Rafa's finger, reminds me of Federer after beating Djokovic at RG :p

at first I thought it was Rafa showing his middle finger to critics and naysayers. Then looked closely and saw that he was simply flashing his ranking next year :)

helvet empire
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
at first I thought it was Rafa showing his middle finger to critics and naysayers. Then looked closely and saw that he was simply flashing his ranking next year :)
http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4dc029e94bd7c8fd1f2a0000/french-open-fans-salute-rafa-nadal.jpg

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope that people are not angry at Delpo now. I can understand people for being angry at him after the Ferrer match, because he really should have won that match, but the outcome of this match was always NID. Delpo fought hard, and probably won more games than most players would have against Rafa on clay, in Spain. He can be proud of how he played today. I saw flashes of brilliance, and he should have a good season ahead of him I think. He'll only improve and get better. He should be in the top 5 soon enough if he can just get his serve in order, and better his fitness too.

We all knew that Argentina would lose after Delpo lost against Ferrer. He had his chances then and blew it, fine, he handed Argentina its faith. It's over now. Delpo tried his best. I can only imagine an improved Delpo next year being even more of a threat. I have a feeling next year will be different. Delpo will have a good season, and Argentina will win Davis Cup. Hopefully it'll be on hard and not clay :)

SerialKillerToBe
12-04-2011, 07:39 PM
lol @ Verdasco... It's a disgrace that he even gets to touch the trophy.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
lol @ Verdasco... It's a disgrace that he even gets to touch the trophy.

Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot. :lol:

They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.

latso
12-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Verdasco won this tittle in Argentina.

He can touch it whenever he wants

The question is - Why Pony isn't on the pics :rolleyes:

helvet empire
12-04-2011, 07:46 PM

They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.

did he really DARE to do such a thing?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BroTree123
12-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Rafa didn't play his best but played well enough to get it done in the end. Great fight from both, and nice determination from delPo. Just too bad he got tight in important moments :sad:. Anyways congrats Spain for yet another DC :yeah:.

P.S I'll echo what Topspindoctor would say --> "Good for the game when Rafa crushes a brainless ballbasher like del Mugtro" :rolleyes:

Voo de Mar
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Verdasco... :lol:

Argenbrit
12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Nalbandian should have played Nadal on Friday instead of Monaco.

Slice Winner
12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
LOL, from Rafa's Facebook:
"Really happy for winning the 5th Davis Cup for Spain :) Congratulations to the whole team, Albert, David, Feli, Fer, Granollers and Marc!!!"

Everyone except Granollers gets their first name :lol:
Does Rafa not like Marcel or something?

Bad Religion
12-04-2011, 07:50 PM
An insult to tennis that Fiasco has been part of more Davis Cup team winners than JC Ferrero, Moyá or Corretja :o

As for the result, never in fucking doubt. Nadal owns Del Puta so badly

tangerine_dream
12-04-2011, 07:52 PM
It's always good to see team Fatbandian lose. :yeah: Although I feel bad for Del Potro, the only good guy on the team.

Even better that the final nail in the coffin came from Nadal. He needed this. :D Congrats to Spain. :hatoff:

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
An insult to tennis that Fiasco has been part of more Davis Cup team winners than JC Ferrero, Moyá or Corretja :o

Watch the match, he doesnt own him at all. When Delpo plays well he owns Nadal, totally.

When he can serve again its going to be show, Nadal getting humiliated.

And stop that never in doubt BS, Nadal owns everyone on clay, everyone. No one has winning record against him this surface.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM

At least Fiasco got to cheer on his hero. He should have a career as a fanboy cheering his countrymen instead of playing tennis :lol: Feli just sat there while Fer was INSANE shouting and cheering on Rafa. He even trended on Twitter at one point because of that.. :rolls:

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM
LOL, from Rafa's Facebook:
"Really happy for winning the 5th Davis Cup for Spain :) Congratulations to the whole team, Albert, David, Feli, Fer, Granollers and Marc!!!"

Everyone except Granollers gets their first name :lol:
Does Rafa not like Marcel or something?

Maybe because Granollers didn't play? makes sense.

MIMIC
12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Nice effort, del Potro.

Guess there really is only one man that can take Nadal down on clay these days if given the opportunity.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
did he really DARE to do such a thing?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Trust me, I saw that commercial at least 4 or 5 times, Fer said "consistency is everything." I know.. the irony :lol:

MaxPower
12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Well it was a good effort but if you lose getting triple bageled or taking a set doesn't matter. Need to step up on the right moment. So many players have taken the first set from Nadal just to lose the following 3.

I thought Del Potro would be one of those guys that wouldn't crumble under pressure but he still lacks confidence. Had the chance to become a hero in this DC. Now he became spain's bitch instead.

tektonac
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice effort, del Potro.

Guess there really is only one man that can take Nadal down on clay these days if given the opportunity.

agree, and his name is not Roger.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Well.. to be fair, Fer was once a relatively good player, he was inside of the top 10 for two consecutive years. I do agree that he has no business doing on the team today though. Almagro is better than him.

Chase Visa
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Bit embarrassing to see him choke, but he's proved he can stay on the same court as Nadal I think.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-05/inspired-nadal-delivers-davis-cup-triumph/3712190?section=sport

"The lanky Del Potro, nicknamed the tower of Tandil after his birthplace, had fully recovered from his five-set defeat by David Ferrer in Friday's singles"

Whoever writes these articles is fat stupid fuck, you dont recover 5 hour match less than two days, no freaking chance. :lol:

Dont they pay attention anything going in match? Delpo had both legs taped, served 150-180km/h 1st serves.

Journalists are getting more and more stupid each year, ridiculous questions, ridiculous articles.

RafaNadal2012!!!
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Oh Rafa :rain: I was impressed vs. Pico, but today. Anyways congrats on the Davis Cup title, Vamos!

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh Rafa :rain: I was impressed vs. Pico, but today. Anyways congrats on the Davis Cup title, Vamos!

Monaco is shit average player without any weapons while Delpo is class player, who is going to be Top 5 again in future. Delpo can outplay anyone, which he did to Nadal in first set and few games in 2nd.

FormerRafaFan
12-04-2011, 09:35 PM

WTF was up with that stupid commercial anyway? they need to scrap it ASAP! Verdasco of all people talking about consistency.. what a joke!

Mountaindewslave
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
when the attacker is so error prone vs Nadal, there's only one winner...the defender was better again, but for how long will it still work, defence style, for Rafa?

Enjoy it Spaniards and Rafatards!
Your sorrow time is over !

it's lasted like 6/7 years straight now so I am feeling fairly confident it will last some time more.....

manadrainer
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Good from both, unfortunately on clay you can't hit through Rafa... he's the best defender out there.

rubbERR
12-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Good from both, unfortunately on clay you can't hit through Rafa... he's the best defender out there.

Why do you post when you have not even seen the match? Most ridiculous post of all posts in this thread.

Delpo did hit winners by will out there, damn guy is biggest hitter in tennis. :lol:

delpiero7
12-04-2011, 10:11 PM

It's that simple.

JurajCrane
12-04-2011, 10:15 PM

Big respect, very nice picture :worship:

But try to make that comparable with Federer archievements and then judge who the GOAT is. ;)

Voo de Mar
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Big respect, very nice picture :worship:

Davis Cup 2008... ;)

Gagsquet
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Voo de Mar spot on as usual

JurajCrane
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Davis Cup 2008... ;)

Yeah, Ferdi was great in doubles and against Acasuso ;) Thanks for the memories ...

Matt01
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Congrats Rafa and the Spanish team :yeah:

Good effort from Del Pony, almost taking the clay-GOAT to 5 sets :worship: :hug:

Monaco is shit average player without any weapons while Delpo is class player, who is going to be Top 5 again in future.

They are both very good players.

rocketassist
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
That match proved to me Nadal is slowing down. On a slow clay court, he should be rinsing Del Potro, but JMDP had the match in his hands throughout and some shitty shot selection cost him the match, same as at Wimbledon when he played him. Still nowhere near the top guys mentally, as Ferrer proved too on Friday.

Nalbandian should have played Nadal on Friday after seeing that, definitely.

Loved the atmosphere though. And people think Davis Cup is shit? Both the #1 and #2 in the world value it up there with the slams they've won.

rocketassist
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
No wonder Simon Reed proclaimed Verdasco 'the future of tennis'- he's won three Davis Cups and may yet win another two or three. :lol:

moon language
12-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Del Potro seems like such a nice guy, I feel a little bad for him that he didn't win one of his matches. Hopefully he can take away the positives from this match and build on them next season. He showed some impressive flashes of form, just not consistent enough.

FlameOn
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Spain :cheerleader:. Another DC title with basically a dead limb (Verdasco). Just shows the depth of Spanish tennis :yeah:.

@Sweet Cleopatra
12-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I love Clay. :hug:

Gagsquet
12-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I love Clay. :hug:

to Death

ImmzB
12-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Vamos Rafa!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Also, well played to Del Potro today!! :yeah:

MalwareDie
12-04-2011, 11:39 PM
That match proved to me Nadal is slowing down. On a slow clay court, he should be rinsing Del Potro, but JMDP had the match in his hands throughout and some shitty shot selection cost him the match, same as at Wimbledon when he played him. Still nowhere near the top guys mentally, as Ferrer proved too on Friday.

Nalbandian should have played Nadal on Friday after seeing that, definitely.

Agree. Nadal has declined to the extent that maybe Nalby could really trouble him on clay despite how Bandy is not as good as he used to be after the hip surgery.

Getta
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Agree. Nadal has declined to the extent that maybe Nalby could really trouble him on clay despite how Bandy is not as good as he used to be after the hip surgery.

good thing you stopped calling him mugboar (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9759747&postcount=5) :D

arm
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Contratulations Spain. :worship: :cheerleader:

Now Rafito, don't go hoping this is going to be a turning point like it was for Nole in 2010, ok? :devil: :p

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 12:04 AM
The Argentine clown has been exposed as a fluke once again. Nadal making this ballbasher his pigeon and winning yet another DC for his country :yeah: Never in doubt. Really looking forward to RG next year where Nadal will get his 7th crown. :worship:

PiggyGotRoasted
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Why are people thinking davis cup win for spain = nadal win grand slam?
The team is made up of 3 other players ffs

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Why are people thinking davis cup win for spain = nadal win grand slam?
The team is made up of 3 other players ffs

Stop crying :baby:

PiggyGotRoasted
12-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Stop crying :baby:

Im not crying, its just kinda stupid thats all.

zlaja777
12-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Verdasco was extremely annoying today. Disgrace. Great match. Congrats Spain.

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Their H2H doesnt mean a shit and you know it. Its similar against Nole, he leads but it doesnt matter.

Do you get somekind of personal satisfaction off Nadal's career? You dont admire him as a person, you are after his
recordbooks.

You failed terribly in your own life, so, you hate people who are better than you.

Stop whining for fuck's sake. Nadal won, the worse player lost. Deal. I am tired you clowns like you trying to analyze someone's life just by judging his posts on a tennis forum. Take the loss like a man or fuck off.

tripwires
12-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Verdasco was extremely annoying today. Disgrace. Great match. Congrats Spain.

Totally agree. What the hell was he doing, egging the crowd on to cheer when del Potro/Nadal was waiting to serve? :rolleyes:

Anyway, sad for del Potro and Nalby and Argentina. Nadal played great for the most part but definitely looked beatable in that 4th set. Del Potro played a shit tie-break, but played well to get himself to that position in the first place (though...DF at 5-3, 30-30? :facepalm:). No shame losing to Nadal on this slow-ass clay court, and del Potro obviously fought his heart out. His countrymen should be proud of him instead of insulting him for losing.

Ibracadabra
12-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Del potro left everything on the court, nalbandian will aprreciate his efforts this year.

Getta
12-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Del potro left everything on the court, nalbandian will aprreciate his efforts this year.

he already did it (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11547889&postcount=109).

Ibracadabra
12-05-2011, 01:41 AM
People are clueless to think nalby would hold a grudge over delpo for this.

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 02:02 AM
People are clueless to think nalby would hold a grudge over delpo for this.

Agreed. A loser can't blame another loser for losing. It would be hypocritical.

Smoke944
12-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Stop whining for fuck's sake. Nadal won, the worse player lost. Deal. I am tired you clowns like you trying to analyze someone's life just by judging his posts on a tennis forum. Take the loss like a man or fuck off.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

A moment of pure class and inspiration from Topspindoctor, just too good.
This coming from a guy who will disappear from MTF for 3 weeks after Nadal loses a big match :lol:

tripwires
12-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Agreed. A loser can't blame another loser for losing. It would be hypocritical.

He won the doubles match. What's your point?

guga2120
12-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Congrats to Spain, there record in Davis Cup in last 7 years has been incredible. Rafa's record in particular. Rafa fought as he always does, but Ferrer winning against JMDP was the clincher. Amazing player and fighter is Pics.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/53/fullj.573f77e3edd8486718ca6d95a2dcf894/573f77e3edd8486718ca6d95a2dcf894-getty-507579388.jpg

The King- Him and Ferrer are an amazing duo.

Topspindoctor
12-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Watch the match, he doesnt own him at all. When Delpo plays well he owns Nadal, totally.

When he can serve again its going to be show, Nadal getting humiliated.

And stop that never in doubt BS, Nadal owns everyone on clay, everyone. No one has winning record against him this surface.

Yeah, 7-3 H2H, 10 slams to 1 - Del Mugtro sure owns Nadal. What a tennis titan this Argentine. Almost won a masters 1000 against tennis juggernaut Mugray :spit:

Sham Kay
12-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Still showing the bad match up potential. Should claim a solitary clay Masters next year to cap a half decent clay court season.

Del Potro on the other hand may fare better post this shambles.