Roger vs. Rafa at the YEC/RG: who will win first? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger vs. Rafa at the YEC/RG: who will win first?

MIMIC
12-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Nadal vs. Federer @ RG: 5-0
2005: 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
2006: 1-6, 6-1, 6-4, 7-6(4)
2007: 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
2008: 6-1, 6-3, 6-0
2011: 7-5, 7-6(3), 5-7, 6-1

Federer vs. Nadal @ the YEC: 4-0
2006: 6-4, 7-5
2007: 6-4, 6-1
2010: 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
2011: 6-3, 6-0

Who will record their first victory? Federer against Nadal at RG or Nadal against Federer at the YEC?

Fun fact: the 4th meeting in each tournament were routs. At RG, Federer only won 4 games and at the YEC, Nadal only won 3.

Chirag
12-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Niether .They probably will be eliminated in RR next year and wont meet in the finals of Roland Garros

tests
12-01-2011, 08:50 AM
beating someone at best of 3 is MUCH easier than best of 5.

With that said, i can see nadal beating fed before fed beating nadal... mainly because of feds age.

SetSampras
12-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Age.. Shmage.. You know Nadal is no spring chicken either.. Hes just as old as Roger in tennis years..If you factor all the injuries sustained ( while Fed is hardly ever injured), and how he has to go through hell and back just to win matches anymore because he plays so defensive and how much more he has to run around on the court , while Fed just goes out and swings the racket against the mugs.

Fed in age, may be 5 years older, but he looked 200 years younger at the end of this season. A much less demanding style of tennis evens Fed out with Nadal in the age department.

The Fards have been using the "age excuse" with Fed losing to Nadal for 4 years now since Fed was 26.. So thats no surprise.. I mean what can they say? Fed can't hang with a mentally tougher player? No.. It depreciates his supposed, "GOAT status" So they have to fall back on the "age issues". Desperate people say desperate things

tests
12-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Age.. Shmage.. You know Nadal is no spring chicken either.. Hes just as old as Roger in tennis years..If you factor all the injuries sustained ( while Fed is hardly ever injured), and how he has to go through hell and back just to win matches anymore because he plays so defensive, while Fed just goes out and swings the racket against the mugs.

Fed in age, may be 5 years older, but he looked 200 years younger at the end of this season. A much less demanding style of tennis evens Fed out with Nadal in the age department

:rolleyes:

Shinoj
12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Fed is getting there slowly and steadily. The Bagel at London was quite important as he quite literally thumped Nadal that day. That goes a long way in clearing out his shackles against nadal. In 2012 he will get a couple of Hard court wins over Nadal and then in RG, the moment everybody is waiting for will happen, Federer will thump Nadal in his own "backyard" and that will probably signal the end of Nadal.

The factors weighing against nadal is he is exhausted, he is worked out by quite a few players. Nobody fears him anymore. And he is out there for taking.

And at YEC no way Nadal is beating Federer. He cant even get past Tsonga.

mark73
12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Age.. Shmage.. You know Nadal is no spring chicken either.. Hes just as old as Roger in tennis years..If you factor all the injuries sustained ( while Fed is hardly ever injured), and how he has to go through hell and back just to win matches anymore because he plays so defensive and how much more he has to run around on the court , while Fed just goes out and swings the racket against the mugs.

Fed in age, may be 5 years older, but he looked 200 years younger at the end of this season. A much less demanding style of tennis evens Fed out with Nadal in the age department.

The Fards have been using the "age excuse" with Fed losing to Nadal for 4 years now since Fed was 26.. So thats no surprise.. I mean what can they say? Fed can't hang with a mentally tougher player? No.. It depreciates his supposed, "GOAT status" So they have to fall back on the "age issues". Desperate people say desperate things

Ok so age is not an issue? Well then I guess Pete (defending wimby champion) lost in his prime to a very young developing fed on the surface that would give Pete the best chance of winning. You can't have it both ways.

I know this is not a Sampras post but your agenda behind 90 percent of your posts (including this one) is that Ppete is the greatest ever.

tripwires
12-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Fed is getting there slowly and steadily. The Bagel at London was quite important as he quite literally thumped Nadal that day. That goes a long way in clearing out his shackles against nadal. In 2012 he will get a couple of Hard court wins over Nadal and then in RG, the moment everybody is waiting for will happen, Federer will thump Nadal in his own "backyard" and that will probably signal the end of Nadal.

The factors weighing against nadal is he is exhausted, he is worked out by quite a few players. Nobody fears him anymore. And he is out there for taking.

And at YEC no way Nadal is beating Federer. He cant even get past Tsonga.

I really, really hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

At least Roger's played Nadal more closely at RG than Nadal's played Roger at YEC.

Sophocles
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Age never affected Sampras.

Apemant
12-01-2011, 10:59 AM
SetSampras talking about desperate people. :hearts: :worship:

Shinoj
12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I really, really hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

At least Roger's played Nadal more closely at RG than Nadal's played Roger at YEC.

the only problem Roger has at R&G is that he cannot play his play on this rise game against Nadal. Because nadal moonballs it to eternity but once Federer gets a look into Nadals game he really can put his "on the rise hit the ball" game and dominate and plummel Nadal.

Once he has that confidence from the London Bagel he can dominate Nadal and play his "on the rise smash it". So the game was played at London but the ramifications will be beyond that.

Fujee
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I don't think they beat eachother at either venue. Would be nice to see Roger actually do it at Roland Garros, but it's not happening.

Start da Game
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
one thing mimic......nobody cares if tired lion nadal never beats that mentally fragile swiss in a best of 3 sets match of an ultra miniscule tournament played only for the heck of playing right at the fag end of the season when everybody is desperately longing for rest, holidays and christmas......

on the other hand, roland garros = history......

Certinfy
12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Rafa at the World Tour Finals.

Sorry but I can't even imagine Roger beating Rafa on clay again, let alone at RG.

Shirogane
12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Rafa definitely should first, but I won't be surprised if neither manages to win.

tripwires
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
one thing mimic......nobody cares if tired lion nadal never beats that mentally fragile swiss in a best of 3 sets match of an ultra miniscule tournament played only for the heck of playing right at the fag end of the season when everybody is desperately longing for rest, holidays and christmas......

:haha: Omg you are too much. You come in here and post this clown post and then whine in your own thread about no one giving you any serious replies. :haha: :haha: :worship: Are you actually a real person?

the only problem Roger has at R&G is that he cannot play his play on this rise game against Nadal. Because nadal moonballs it to eternity but once Federer gets a look into Nadals game he really can put his "on the rise hit the ball" game and dominate and plummel Nadal.

Once he has that confidence from the London Bagel he can dominate Nadal and play his "on the rise smash it". So the game was played at London but the ramifications will be beyond that.

I dunno, he's had so many years to figure out a way to beat Nadal on clay. The London bagel wasn't the first bagel he's ever given to Nadal too. I can see him having a chance if his backhand is working - Nadal tried to do his usual pummel the backhand play in London but it backfired because Roger was, for once, hitting his backhand crisply. It's a different scenario on clay though.

But we'll see. And again, I hope you're right. :)

Hazem
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Start da Game
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
why is stripwires following me and attacking in every single thread......he is starting to embarrass me somewhat, i am only stating my opinions like you all......

tripwires
12-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I am your biggest fan SdG. :hearts: And I'm a girl, thanks.

BlueSwan
12-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I seriously doubt that. Federer has bageled Nadal before. He's done it on grass at Wimbledon. He's even done it on clay at Hamburg. Both were complete beatdowns. Neither had any significance whatsoever going forward.

Federer has always had the ability to administer a beatdown to Nadal, but it requires him to play at peak level for sustained periods, which is very tough. He has very often beaten Nadal severely in sets (like 6-1 or even 6-0) or very nearly done so (leading 5-1 several times) before floundering. On slow, high-bouncing surfaces Nadal simply wears the Federer backhand down.

Start da Game
12-01-2011, 02:08 PM
I am your biggest fan SdG. :hearts: And I'm a girl, thanks.

okay, tripwires......i din't know that.....pirata has something like "i am a girl" below her username......nobody on the forum thought she was a girl when she joined and perhaps she was tired of telling everyone all the time that she is a girl......

tripwires
12-01-2011, 02:22 PM
okay, tripwires......i din't know that.....pirata has something like "i am a girl" below her username......nobody on the forum thought she was a girl when she joined and perhaps she was tired of telling everyone all the time that she is a girl......

I don't know how I feel about my posting style coming across as masculine. :lol: I noticed Pirata's declaration under her username. If this keeps up I might have to copy it.

rickcastle
12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I seriously doubt that. Federer has bageled Nadal before. He's done it on grass at Wimbledon. He's even done it on clay at Hamburg. Both were complete beatdowns. Neither had any significance whatsoever going forward.

This. Even as a hopeful Federer fan, I am not going to put much stock in Federer's WTF win against Nadal to help his chances at Roland Garros. I think Nadal has more chances to win against Federer in WTF because of the RR format, there is a possibility they can meet more than once in a tournament so Nadal will have a lot more chances.

But I do hope Federer will get his win against Nadal in Roland Garros. I think he has the ability to do so, if he brings his 110% but he may have missed too many chances.

emotion
12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
If they play long enough, Fed will beat Nadal at RG.

Sophocles
12-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't know how I feel about my posting style coming across as masculine. :lol: I noticed Pirata's declaration under her username. If this keeps up I might have to copy it.

Personally I found "Ernests Gulbis = hottest tennis player" a slight giveaway, but that's just me.

Sophocles
12-01-2011, 02:49 PM
But I do hope Federer will get his win against Nadal in Roland Garros. I think he has the ability to do so, if he brings his 110% but he may have missed too many chances.

His best chance was this year (or 2006) & he blew it. Like Roddick at Wimbledon '09.

tripwires
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Personally I found "Ernests Gulbis = hottest tennis player" a slight giveaway, but that's just me.

But I thought MuzzahLovah was a girl. I could've been a gay fanboy. ;)

Back on topic, I really thought Fed would beat Nadal this year at RG after beating Djokovic. I thought the SF win would give him the confidence to get the job done. But...alas. It wasn't to be.

Shinoj
12-01-2011, 04:20 PM
:haha: Omg you are too much. You come in here and post this clown post and then whine in your own thread about no one giving you any serious replies. :haha: :haha: :worship: Are you actually a real person?

I dunno, he's had so many years to figure out a way to beat Nadal on clay. The London bagel wasn't the first bagel he's ever given to Nadal too. I can see him having a chance if his backhand is working - Nadal tried to do his usual pummel the backhand play in London but it backfired because Roger was, for once, hitting his backhand crisply. It's a different scenario on clay though.

But we'll see. And again, I hope you're right. :)

That beatdown was important. Why because he played Nadal as he should hitting it on the rise just like he did in Madrid 09. thats the prototype for Federer Camp to beat nadal right there. there is no other way, If he hesistates for a second more Nadal will dominate. Hopefully it finally penetrates his skull.

SetSampras
12-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Ok so age is not an issue? Well then I guess Pete (defending wimby champion) lost in his prime to a very young developing fed on the surface that would give Pete the best chance of winning. You can't have it both ways.

I know this is not a Sampras post but your agenda behind 90 percent of your posts (including this one) is that Ppete is the greatest ever.

Certainly not... But its very desperate to use age as an excuse in relation to two guys who pretty much have the same amount of miles on their bodies. It seems as though ever since 2008, (when Nadal finally primed outside of clay and began kicking the swiss mugs ass) the federphiliac tendency was to become desperate and begin blaming age. (Despite Fed only being in his mid 20s and with 3-4 years on top at that point).

If it happened after Fed was 27 years old.. THe losses to Nadal:haha: don't count. ROFL Fed had slipped too mucch.. ( despite just winning the last 3 tournament, despite just reaching damn near every slam final there was for the following years thereafter from 08-10 or so)

sexybeast
12-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Federer has done a better job on clay against Nadal than Nadal has done indoors against Federer.

Shinoj
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM

Federer has always had the ability to administer a beatdown to Nadal, but it requires him to play at peak level for sustained periods, which is very tough. He has very often beaten Nadal severely in sets (like 6-1 or even 6-0) or very nearly done so (leading 5-1 several times) before floundering. On slow, high-bouncing surfaces Nadal simply wears the Federer backhand down.

This is significant because Nadal has been plummelled not only by Federer but by others also. Djokovic throughout the year and Murray now.

I am telling you guys. Its a sign. :rocker:

Egreen
12-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Neither; both will continue to lose.

guga2120
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
The Bagel at London was quite important as he quite literally thumped Nadal that day. That goes a long way in clearing out his shackles against nadal. In 2012 he will get a couple of Hard court wins over Nadal and then in RG, the moment everybody is waiting for will happen, Federer will thump Nadal in his own "backyard" and that will probably signal the end of Nadal.

You must be new to tennis, but many players not just Federer have beaten Rafa easily in the fall. It does not mean anything. Federer beat Rafa in 2007 in wtf, i think, they did play in the final of Roland Garros the next year, i forget the score, but Rafa won.

Even with the courts much faster now it helps Federer against everybody, but there is only one way he is beating Rafa in 5 set match on clay, and even the most ardent fedtards would agree this, and this is the same way he beat him so easily in Madrid in 2009. Rafa, is not excactly invulnerable to injuries, even on clay.

And the moment "everybody was waiting for" was the arrongant swiss to get taken down at Wimbldeon, and thankfully for the sake tennis, Rafa did just that.

Fedex
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Rafa at the World Tour Finals.

Sorry but I can't even imagine Roger beating Rafa on clay again, let alone at RG.

Fed has been closer to beating Nadal at RG than the other way around.

I don't think either will ever lose.

Shinoj
12-02-2011, 05:39 AM
if you guys are terming Federer as arrogant then what would u make of Mourinho's, Alonso's,Zidane's,Australian Cricketers,American Politicans of this world.

Get out of your house and live some life in the Outside world to conclude who is arrogant and who is not.

SetSampras
12-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Theres a fine line, a threshold between being overly confident and flat out arrogant.. Fedmug is the latter.. Years of post match interviews should determine this nonsense

Arkulari
12-02-2011, 05:45 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eQueDhI9cVY/TbeD_ILY8jI/AAAAAAAAAB0/tIi_XMvr5SI/s1600/Troll-face-problem.jpg

shiaben
12-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Strange thread. I don't know, who really cares who defeats who first if it even does happen (with that said probably Nadal). He did push Federer at the WTF by taking a set from him last year, but Federer never pushed Nadal to 5 sets at Roland Garros.

oz_boz
12-02-2011, 07:02 AM

:lol: and what about the "fact" that Nadal was young and not matured in 2005-7 when he couldn't reach hc slam finals? If Fed is not old now, Nadal was not young in 2005. Double-edged sword, this age excuse.

asmazif
12-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Don't think either will happen, but would much prefer Fed to get it done on the clay.

buzz
12-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Rafa beating Federer is more likely I think, because they could easily meet at the WTF in group stage and when Federer is not at his best for a change. But if they meet in roland garros i'ts most likely in the final or semi final(even when 1 is outside of the top4 meeting before semi is only25% and with the draw riggers these days..) and if Rafa reaches the semis I think his form is allmost always good enough to beat Federer.

Pea
12-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Since rafa is soo uninspired right now..................Rogi at RG.

Pirata.
12-02-2011, 08:00 PM

I was :lol:

GSMnadal
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Federer is never, ever beating Rafa at Roland Garros. He played the best he ever has on clay in 2011, with the fastest balls you'll ever see, with Rafa in the worst shape he's ever been in. And he still couldn't even take it to a fifth set, and was physically spent after three sets.

Not that it's looking too good for Rafa at the WTF, but I'd say there's a 25-50% chance he'll beat Federer there at some point.

25-50% > 0%

Obvious choice

Shirogane
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
You never know, if both keep playing long enough. Imagine 35 year old Fed vs 30 year old Nadal in the 3R of RG, for example...