He's done it again: Simon Reed "It’s inconceivable that Nadal won’t win French" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

He's done it again: Simon Reed "It’s inconceivable that Nadal won’t win French"

Pages : [1] 2

Corey Feldman
11-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Federer and Murray will clean up in 2012

Right from the outset I was pretty sure that Roger Federer would win the ATP World Tour Finals at the O2.

And with Murray not fit, that was it: the way was clear for Federer.

As for Novak Djokovic? Well, it's been fascinating watching him over the last month or so. I have a theory that I'm happy to repeat to anybody who'll listen that Djokovic could well have peaked, and the rest of his career will be downhill from here. :spit:

Rafael Nadal has simply not played at his true level all year, even in winning the French Open. At Roland Garros he was far from at his best, but somehow he found a way to win despite that -- yet before that, and since, he's struggled with his timing and not looked the same player he was last year. In London he looked ill - was ill, in fact - and it caps a tough season.

If that proves to be the case, Federer and Murray must surely mop up 2012 between the two of them.

so thats Fed and Muzza finished in 2012, Nadal winning 3 GS and Nole winning 1

full article

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/8181/

Time Violation
11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Simon :yeah: Keep up the good work :p

alter ego
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
http://swampie.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/notagain.jpg

BlueSwan
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM

Yup. Pretty much.

sexybeast
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Fuck you Reed!

Certinfy
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
:haha:

That is all.

rocketassist
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Jinxing ****.

Corey Feldman
11-29-2011, 05:17 PM
he hates Murray really, just hates him

there is no excuse for this

JayR
11-29-2011, 05:22 PM
And talk about damning Federer with faint praise besides. In Simon's World there would only have been only one winner if the Mighty Muzzah had've been fit, so lucky you Rog that he wasn't. :yeah: :rolleyes: Last time out wasn't he saying that we shouldn't read too much into Federer's late season form? He speaks so much shit you need a couple of doggy bags to clean up everytime you read one of his pieces.

star
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Such a Fedtard. :lol: :lol:

Federer, for his part, never really went away. He was overtaken by Nadal when the Spaniard enjoyed his moment in the sun, and Djokovic has blown everyone away in his amazing 2011.

Throughout all that Federer's level has remained pretty much the same over the last few years, though he did have a poor 2010. His tennis has been superb this year, and when you analyse it he was really only a few points away from picking up a Grand Slam or two this season.

Okay, so he's not what he was in 2006 or 2007, but the fact remains that as the year turns he is the best tennis player in the world. There's a distinct possibility - a probability, actually - that he'll win one or two Grand Slams next season, and if he does he'll likely become world number one again. Frankly, I'm amazed to be saying that, but there's no doubt that he enters 2012 as the clear favorite.

Luinir
11-29-2011, 05:31 PM
2012 is over.

AO and USO to Djokovic.
RG and Wimby to Nadal.

Thanks to all fans. That was a great season.

Dougie
11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Reed may not be wrong about Djokovic and Nadal. Nadal´s season after the US Open was disastrous, his game at WTF was the worst he´s played in years.
Djokovic also showed nothing after the US Open, it was all injuries and lack of motivation. I´m sure his injury was real, but he didn´t show a lot of heart, either.

So how they will recover and prepare for 2012 is anybody´s guess. Federer is the only one who seems healthy and motivated. As for Murray, I´d say Federer winning a calendar year Grand Slam is more likely than Murray winning even one Slam.

Johnny Groove
11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Nice to see that Nadal will win a few slams next year after this Simon Reed super jinx. :yeah:

shiaben
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
*no words*

GSMnadal
11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Ahahaha :lol: Nadal/Djokovic have won the last 7 slams, Federer wins WTF with half the field sick and injured, and Murray wins Tokyo just after a brutal US Open final for Rafa, and all of a sudden those two will clean up the slams :haha:

Not just win one or two slams, noooo, mr. Reed only deals in absolutes. What an idiot

Arkulari
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Poor Roger :sad: :sad:

Saberq
11-29-2011, 06:06 PM
they are done ...thank you Jebus ...and Murray might clean up after big boys finish eating

HKz
11-29-2011, 06:08 PM
As always Simon is getting way too ahead of himself, however, it isn't the say there is no merit here. Murray did play his most consistent season in terms of the slams and he actually managed to defeat the best player of the season unlike Nadal. As always, he just needs to get over that last hurdle at the slams and he can surely pick up a title at any of the 4 slams honestly. It is still very poor to say such a thing because this is clearly not the first time he has been hyped and this is honestly an even more poor time to hype him up considering that Tokyo and Cincinnati were his only saving grace and they certainly don't necessarily translate into slam success.

Federer on the other hand, well it is Federer, you never know what he is capable of. It does irk me to hear people say slams are impossible for him to win at this point. I mean look how much in shape he still is at the end of the season as he appeared to be by far the freshest player and he played virtually the same amount of matches compared to Djokovic/Nadal. Sure you can claim that Djokovic/Nadal are much more exhausted since they played in more finals, but Federer pretty much played just as many matches/finals 2004-2007 and he certainly didn't look as exhausted as Novak and Rafa.. Plus as Simon pointed out, he was very close to getting a title. Djokovic was just too good at Australia and the US Open, and he choked at Wimbledon but he certainly had his chances at Roland Garros against Rafa. I mean that is his most difficult slam and his most difficult opponent, yet he played very well despite the circumstances, so there is no reason why he can't pick up more.

Saberq
11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Fed and Murray didnt win a single tournament where Nadal and Novak were fit and healthy this year...think about that

Sapeod
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Simon Reed is right here. Djokovic and Nadal are playing like rubbish and they look like they're fading/burning out. Murray and Federer will win most of the tournaments. Nadal and Djokovic will slip and fall. I'm looking forward to it.

Sapeod
11-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Fed and Murray didnt win a single tournament where Nadal and Novak were fit and healthy this year...think about that
Djokovic did not win a single tournament without beating opponents who played terrible.

Saberq
11-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Djokovic did not win a single tournament without beating opponents who played terrible.

LOL you naive bitter kid .....

samanosuke
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM

bullshit . i am getting annoyed with this unhealthy shits . nole was stretching as it always stretch , running as fast as always at WTF just wasn't able to put the balls back in the court that good as he is doing when is it's best. when nole or nadal playing bad that's because they aren't fit , when fed playing bad that's because he isn't that good . :stupid:

GSMnadal
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Reading the comments under that article is almost like reading MTF. Some of those guys should get an account here, they'll blend in just fine

Ouragan
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
What's his beef against Fed and Murray? Why completely kill off their chances of winning any slam nnext year with these words of doom?

Saberq
11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
bullshit . i am getting annoyed with this unhealthy shits . nole was stretching as it always stretch , running as fast as always at WTF just wasn't able to put the balls back in the court that good as he is doing when is it's best. when nole or nadal playing bad that's because they aren't fit , when fed playing bad that's because he isn't that good . :stupid:

you dont get it ....Novak was hurt before WTF and that affected his training over 2 month period so his form was shit ;)

MuzzahLovah
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
So Sapeod and Simon are trying to jinx Murray and Fed. It doesn't matter. MTF has jinxed Nadal and Djokovic so much I'm starting to feel sorry for them.

delpiero7
11-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Simon Reed :worship:

Hope Fed daddy enjoys his trophies in Doha and Basel (and maybe Toronto/Cincinnati without dropping a set if Reed decides Federer is finished once more after not reaching the Wimbledon final again).

2012 summary:

Federer
Wins in Doha, Basel and Cincinnati
Runner-up in Dubai and Estoril
Slam highlight: Getting slapped up by Fognini in R1 of the Australian Open

Murray
Wins in Indian Wells, Shanghai and Valencia
Runner-up in Rotterdam, Cincinnati and WTFs
Slam highlight: Reaching the RG final, but losing 6-4, 6-2, 7-6(11) to Nadal, having had 8 chances to win his first set in a slam final.

FACT
:)

ballbasher101
11-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I saw the headline when I went to eurosport. I did what any normal person should do, I ignored the damn article. Anyone who takes time to read anything written by Simon Reed needs their head examined.

MuzzahLovah
11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Simon Reed :worship:

Hope Fed daddy enjoys his trophies in Doha and Basel (and maybe Toronto/Cincinnati without dropping a set if Reed decides Federer is finished once more after not reaching the Wimbledon final again).

2012 summary:

Federer
Wins in Doha, Basel and Cincinnati
Runner-up in Dubai and Estoril
Slam highlight: Getting slapped up by Fognini in R1 of the Australian Open

Murray
Wins in Indian Wells, Shanghai and Valencia
Runner-up in Rotterdam, Cincinnati and WTFs
Slam highlight: Reaching the RG final, but losing 6-4, 6-2, 7-6(11) to Nadal, having had 8 chances to win his first set in a slam final.

FACT
:)

I was worried there for a second, but then I realized you put Nadal and Murray opposite sides of Grandslam draw, so you've clearly never watched tennis before.:wavey:

Sophocles
11-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh fuck.

robinpirate
11-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Reed-icoulous!:rolleyes::o

hiperborejac
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Poor Murray

MariaV
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
So can we now be sure that it'll be Djokovic / Nadal again? :help:

DrJules
11-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Simon Reed is right here. Djokovic and Nadal are playing like rubbish and they look like they're fading/burning out. Murray and Federer will win most of the tournaments. Nadal and Djokovic will slip and fall. I'm looking forward to it.

A warning: Simon Reed has a reputation for incorrect predictions.

Roamed
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
This clown should stop typing and step away from the laptop.

tangerine_dream
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
May Reed's jinxing powers reach new heights in 2012.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
simon reed, i hate you so much now

federer is finished- career is over :(

such a shame, its over guys- theres no cure to reed-jinxes

zlaja777
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Epic.

tektonac
11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
are you sure this article wasn't written by Sapeod :lol:

rocketassist
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
What about the 'future of tennis' Verdasco? He's forgot that one pretty quick.

BigJohn
11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day...

Sham Kay
11-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Give the man a hand, he's a genius.

sexybeast
11-30-2011, 01:15 AM
I prefer this one by Reed after Federer won Paris:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/8003/

Don't get carried away with Federer resurgence

I don't wish to take anything away from Federer, but I do not think that this victory is a major step for him as he looks to usurp Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Murray.
The Swiss is still the player he was, but the difference is simply that the three players above him in the rankings have each improved markedly over recent years and deserve their current standings.

Wonder what made mr bandwaggoner change his mind so quickly?

Reed destroyed Federer's chanses in Wimbledon too:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/6604/

Personally, I have Roger Federer as a very strong favourite for Wimbledon - Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are in the second tier for me, and Murray's victory at Queen's pushes him close to that level, I put all three of them as joint-second favourites.

In the final he thought Nadal was going to win it:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/6712/

I have to admit, I didn't think Novak was that good. I didn't think he was that good at the start of the year; I didn't think he was that good when Wimbledon started; and I didn't he was going to be that good over five sets at Wimbledon.

Even when it came to the final, I thought Rafa was going to win because I felt it was all going to mean too much to Djokovic and the occasion might get to him.

After Usopen Reed finally destroyed the rest of Djokovic's 2011 coming with this article:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/6938/

Djokovic the greatest player I've ever seen

Novak Djokovic is the greatest player that I have ever seen, without any doubt whatsoever.

Does that make him officially the best player that has ever played the game? No. He needs to win a fair few more titles for that.

But the Serb is the best player I have ever seen, and I believe he is the greatest and will prove that over the next few years.

I truly believe that in five years' time, we will all come to the conclusion that Djokovic is the greatest player that has ever graced a tennis court.

Now he suddenly doesnt belive in Djokovic anymore? Fuck you Reed...

Topspindoctor
11-30-2011, 01:19 AM

Right from the outset I was pretty sure that Roger Federer would win the ATP World Tour Finals at the O2.

And with Murray not fit, that was it: the way was clear for Federer.

As for Novak Djokovic? Well, it's been fascinating watching him over the last month or so. I have a theory that I'm happy to repeat to anybody who'll listen that Djokovic could well have peaked, and the rest of his career will be downhill from here. :spit:

Rafael Nadal has simply not played at his true level all year, even in winning the French Open. At Roland Garros he was far from at his best, but somehow he found a way to win despite that -- yet before that, and since, he's struggled with his timing and not looked the same player he was last year. In London he looked ill - was ill, in fact - and it caps a tough season.

If that proves to be the case, Federer and Murray must surely mop up 2012 between the two of them.

full article

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/8181/

Nobody cares. Mugray ain't winning shit next year. Enjoy your ban, btw :bigwave:

paseo
11-30-2011, 01:30 AM

I don't wish to take anything away from Federer, but I do not think that this victory is a major step for him as he looks to usurp Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Murray.
The Swiss is still the player he was, but the difference is simply that the three players above him in the rankings have each improved markedly over recent years and deserve their current standings.

Personally, I have Roger Federer as a very strong favourite for Wimbledon - Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are in the second tier for me, and Murray's victory at Queen's pushes him close to that level, I put all three of them as joint-second favourites.

I have to admit, I didn't think Novak was that good. I didn't think he was that good at the start of the year; I didn't think he was that good when Wimbledon started; and I didn't he was going to be that good over five sets at Wimbledon.

Even when it came to the final, I thought Rafa was going to win because I felt it was all going to mean too much to Djokovic and the occasion might get to him.

After Usopen Reed finally destroyed the rest of Djokovic's 2011 coming with this article:

Novak Djokovic is the greatest player that I have ever seen, without any doubt whatsoever.

Does that make him officially the best player that has ever played the game? No. He needs to win a fair few more titles for that.

But the Serb is the best player I have ever seen, and I believe he is the greatest and will prove that over the next few years.

:lol:

Poor Fed & Murray...

tripwires
11-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Simon Reed is an idiot. Why is he still employed as a tennis "journalist"?

sexybeast
11-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Whats more from Reeds, he said Murray didnt need a coach, wonder if Murray listened to this wonderful advice?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/5988/

Intelligent Murray doesn't need a coach

Andy Murray is one of the most intelligent sportsmen I've ever come across

But one thing is for sure: like Pete Sampras and Roger Federer before him, Murray does not need a coach.

Relationships with coaches are fraught with difficulties, and he is far too intelligent to need one.

Another article before the Australian open:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/5432/

Top two look too hot for Murray

I feel he is going to be play really well in Melbourne, but the problem is Federer and Nadal are playing unbelievably well at the moment and until he is able to beat them both in a Grand Slam, I don't think he can win one.

However, I do still see Andy as the next best bet after Nadal and Federer.

Once again wrong in every way, Murray could win AO without playing Nadal or Federer and he barely even mentions Djokovic and puts Murray ahead of Djokovic.

Reed the master jinxer!

sexybeast
11-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Here Simon Reed destroyed Federer's 2010 season after Australian Open:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/1747/

Sorry, Fed: You're still the best

I want to start with a heartfelt apology to all Roger Federer fans. I got it really wrong.
Before the Australian Open I really did feel that the demands of fatherhood, plus the trouble that he showed at times closing out big matches last year, meant that we had seen the best of him.

I still thought he would have occasional great moments, but that they would become fewer and fewer.

Yet that one performance against Andy Murray at the final in Melbourne blows that theory out of the water.

Federer's decline will happen one day - it might be next year, it might be the year after.

But there's one thing you can say for sure about this season: he has got it back.

Not for a second did I think I'd be saying this, but if Federer wins again at Roland Garros then the Grand Slam is genuinely on.

sexybeast
11-30-2011, 02:04 AM
This one is the true Simon Reed classic, all the way back in 2009. Enjoy....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/7/

True number one Murray will win US Open

It was fascinating to read John McEnroe's comments about the two Andys - Murray and Roddick - being his favourites to win the US Open at Flushing Meadows. Mac is spot on, because both have good chances - but one has a much better chance than the other.

And that man is Andy Murray.

Roger Federer might be the bookies' favourite, and the Swiss seems to have become a sort of Grand Slam specialist, just as the Williams sisters are in the women's game. Federer never used to be that way, but there's no doubt he is now only really interested in winning the Majors.

With that in mind, you need to take a few wobbly results in other tournaments with a pinch of salt. That said, you need a hell of a lot of salt to rub away the sort of capitulation he showed against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga last week, where he blew a 5-1 lead in the final set.

Federer just isn't the player he once was. He might still be world number one, and in my eyes he is the greatest player in the history of the game - but he is still losing his powers, despite his wins at Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

I still think he was handed both those titles, and while it's not impossible that he will pull off another win at the US Open, it's hard to see it happening.

As for Andy Roddick? A couple of months ago I would have said that he had no chance at all of winning another Grand Slam title. He had been so overshadowed by the world's top four for so long that it looked like there was no way back.

But he's turned things around incredibly well, finding that combination of belief and aggression that players need to win the biggest tournaments.

It's hard to say whether his belief has helped him to be more aggressive or whether a new aggression has boosted his belief. It's a chicken and egg situation. But for my money, improvements to his forehand and some extra bite in his backhand have been the keys for him.

Those improvements to his ground strokes have made him a more complete player, and with that awesome serve - that's as good as it ever was - he could genuinely challenge for the title in New York.

Roddick certainly has a better chance than Rafael Nadal, who is clearly still not 100 per cent fit - and given how much Nadal's game relies on his astounding physical condition, he is effectively out of the running until he's back to full strength.

Nadal is just not right at the moment, though, and from the way his season has gone it looks horribly like he may never be, which would be a terrible shame for the world of tennis.

But with no Nadal to worry about and Federer looking out of sorts, Andy Murray is the man to beat. His form and confidence at the moment are absolutely sky-high.

Of course Murray has yet to prove he has the bottle to win a five-set final in a Grand Slam, and there is always the danger that he has peaked too soon.

On top of that, there's still a physical question to be answered. Murray is clearly awesomely fit, but going all the way through the draw in these warm-up tournaments in the hot, humid conditions of the North American summer is incredibly demanding.

Still, Murray's fitness is as good as anybody's these days and he is surrounded with people to keep him in top shape.

On August 2009 form, Murray is the favourite for the US Open for no other reason than that he is currently the best player in the world. And whatever happens at Flushing Meadows I believe he will soon become world number one.

sexybeast
11-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Later in 2009 despite beeing wrong about Usopen, he jinxes Murray again with this ridiculous article after Murray wins Valencia:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/443/

Murray the best in the world

It was great to see Andy Murray make a winning comeback in Valencia and I still believe he is the best tennis player in the world, that's not to say he's going to win a Grand Slam.

To come back in Valencia and win after all that time out is amazing, but until he wins a Grand Slam you have to regard him as being on a lesser level than the likes of Federer and Nadal.

I don't think Federer is the player he was, Nadal is not the player he was. Djokovic seems to be coming back and there are others coming up, Cilic is one, but I think they are all pretty level and you can't pick a number one.

But if you press me to pick a number one, you look at who has been the most consistent outside of slams and it is Andy Murray.

He has won six times now, but for us to truly believe he needs to win a Slam; I am sure that will come.

Heading to London fresh will help him and it will help him next year for the Australian Open.

Right now if you ask me who is going to win in London I would have to say Murray. He is the favourite for me.

Federer is not playing well, for Djokovic to beat him in Basel is a great result for Djokovic and Nadal is not quite there either after all his problems.

I see Andy Murray as the favourite to win in London, but not in Australia. He has to prove he can win a Grand Slam first.

London will be a great occasion and Murray will go there being lightly raced and then on to Australia. Australia is his ideal surface and it is a great chance for him - but as I say, he needs to prove he can do it on the big occasion.

Saberq
11-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Simon Reed is Sapeod

Kat_YYZ
11-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Reading the comments under that article is almost like reading MTF. Some of those guys should get an account here, they'll blend in just fine

Currently the second comment, posted by "the_freewheelin" 5:27 pm:

Frauderer and Mugray won't win @#$% in 2012. Just like in 2011, they'll be left with the leftovers from the big boys. ALL the majors will be split between Rafa and Nole same as the last 7 have been, and the only person who may have something against that would be a rejuvenated del Potro. Frauderer is worse than he was a year ago, and Mugray isn't better than he was a year ago.

Shinoj
11-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Thats why i always feel Journalism is one of the easiest professions.

Arkulari
11-30-2011, 04:28 AM

Frauderer and Mugray won't win @#$% in 2012. Just like in 2011, they'll be left with the leftovers from the big boys. ALL the majors will be split between Rafa and Nole same as the last 7 have been, and the only person who may have something against that would be a rejuvenated del Potro. Frauderer is worse than he was a year ago, and Mugray isn't better than he was a year ago.

Topspindoc, is that you? :eek: :hearts:

Sophocles
11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
This is why anybody who cites a journalist or commentator in support of his opinions believing they are thereby invoking a worthy authority is on a hiding to nothing. They deliberately change their minds all the time to make the sport look full of unexpected twists & turns.

rocketassist
11-30-2011, 09:54 AM

Got to be one of MTF's prime dickheads that one.

11-30-2011, 10:29 AM
all hope is gone

djokovic will win the calender grand slam now

unless simon does his jinx

i now know why federer didnt win the grand slam in 2006

even after winning the 1st set 6-1 in the french open final

simon must have said he was going to win it

tennis2tennis
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/Emily-b/1-2.jpg

Mae
11-30-2011, 11:11 AM
http://swampie.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/notagain.jpg

:superlol:

asmazif
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM

I truly believe that in five years' time, we will all come to the conclusion that Djokovic is the greatest player that has ever graced a tennis court.

:lol: Exactly, all of this. What a fickle prick honestly. :bowdown:

shadows
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Not even a passing mention of Tsonga so I guess I don't have to worry about a horrific off season injury.

iriraz
11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
I wonder how much money these guy is making to write these articles.Whenever an important tournament finishes u get these kind of journalists praising the players who did well and the guys who struggled are pretty much done.Does he really think one result will have an influence what will happen in months time?Djokovic and Nadal might struggle at the AO but they can also do well,only time will tell.But saying Federer and Murray will clean up in 2012 is really over the board.They will have their big wins and big losses but so does every other player.

GOAT = Fed
11-30-2011, 01:15 PM

The picture of Murray and Federer is too funny :haha:

Sunset of Age
11-30-2011, 04:20 PM

Topspindoc, is that you? :eek: :hearts:

Got to be one of MTF's prime dickheads that one.

Sounds like Raferminator. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Mountaindewslave
11-30-2011, 04:30 PM

hahahhaha good luck with that prediction. Federer maybe I could believe, but if somehow you truly believe that Murray is going to win anywhere close to a majority of the big tournaments in 2012 (esspecially considering his WTF form/injury) then you are nuts. he won, what, 2 big tournaments in 2011, one of which lacked most of the top talent in the game

Mr.Michael
11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
A classic phrase often heard during Eurosport's coverage: Simon Reed alongside Frew McMillan. Do you ever wonder if Frew is quietly thinking "just shut the hell up and don't mention my name along with yours"?

Actually I quite like Simon in the commentary booth.

alter ego
11-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Simon Reed should have his own forum. This guy is a legend.

Shinoj
11-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Simug

delpiero7
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Reading through all of those classic articles again. I'm genuinely starting to doubt whether Simon Reed is actually a real person.

Mateya
11-30-2011, 06:42 PM
A classic phrase often heard during Eurosport's coverage: Simon Reed alongside Frew McMillan. Do you ever wonder if Frew is quietly thinking "just shut the hell up and don't mention my name along with yours"?

Actually I quite like Simon in the commentary booth.

My favourite commentator is Frew McMillan :)
And it's a good team, Simon with his enthusiasm and everything while Frew is just the opposite, calming things down and putting him back to earth. :lol:

sexybeast
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Found another one early 2009:

Reed: Murray's chance to be number one Eurosport - Wed, 08 Apr 08:00:00 2009

Watching the final of the Miami Masters on Sunday, the overriding feeling I got is that Andy Murray has definitely got into these guys' heads - big time.

I don't believe that either Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer actually believes that they can beat Murray at the moment.

Rafael Nadal's a bit different as he knows he can beat anyone on clay. But I'm not convinced that he'd feel secure playing Murray on any other surface.

And I think that there is a real chance that by the end of the year Murray will be world number one.

If he beats Nadal more than Nadal beats him this year, by which I mean winning the US Open, and possibly also Wimbledon, then he will be number one.

And it would be justified, because I genuinely think he is the best player in the world at the moment - except on clay.

You'd have to expect Nadal to win at Roland Garros, but for every other tournament who is going to be the favourite? It's got to be Murray.

Still, there's a quantum leap between talking the talk and walking the walk. But it's there for him now and he will never have a better chance.

Of course, that feeling could put extra pressure on him and stop him going that extra yard, but right now there's no reason to think he won't do it.

The key thing is that, for my money, the others really don't think they can beat him. You could see it in Djokovic's face as he walked on court on Sunday - he hoped he would win, but didn't think he would, whereas Murray clearly believed that he would do it.

For me there's no doubt that Murray will end up winning more tournaments than anybody else this year; but for his development the only tournaments that matter now are Grand Slams.

And the question with those is whether he has it in him, mentally and physically, to come out on top after two weeks of five-set matches.

Physically, I don't think there are any question marks any more; mentally, it's all to prove.

There's a big, big difference between being the pretender to the throne and becoming the king.

Murray knows that; but then again, he also knows that there's nothing he really needs to add to his game.

Perhaps he could have a bigger second serve; sometimes he can be a little too passive. And there's still the odd gap in his experience, as he showed in high wind at Indian Wells.

The question, however, isn't whether he's capable of beating any other player, it's whether he can do it back-to-back, seven matches in a row, and win a Grand Slam.

And I really think he can.

spencercarlos
11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Omg the guy is bipolar or even tripolar or something.

One week he is ripping Federer, the next week predicting a domination by him and Murray for the next year. Murray called the best player in the world in August 2009 edition :facepalm:, Federer handed Roland Garros and Wimbledon 2009 seriously? :lol: . Djokovic the greatest ever a couple of months ago, now done apparently :rolleyes:

This guy is an abosolute idiot.

Sunset of Age
11-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Omg the guy is bipolar or even tripolar or something.

One week he is ripping Federer, the next week predicting a domination by him and Murray for the next year. Murray called the best player in the world in August 2009 edition :facepalm:, Federer handed Roland Garros and Wimbledon 2009 seriously? :lol: . Djokovic the greatest ever a couple of months ago, now done apparently :rolleyes:

This guy is an abosolute idiot.

Nah the guy is just the ultimate journo-bandwagonner (like most of them are), heralding about every player after his latest good match, ignoring all what may happen in his next match the very next day. :stupid: :bowdown:

It attracts readers though, and I bet he gets cash with every click. :o

Sham Kay
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
I'll be the lone fool that trusts his words. He'll be partly correct with the prediction and the rest of you will have mud on your faces. Go on Reed, 2012 is your year.

Mr.Michael
11-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I would like to see some hidden camera footage when Reed is watching Masters 1000 coverage. He's a legend and maybe once or twice he shakes his head while listening to Adler, Koenig and Goodall.

Geo
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
doesn't this guy ever get tired of being wrong all the time? :lol:

Arakasi
01-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Damn you Reed. Damn you!

GSMnadal
01-28-2012, 02:34 PM

:worship:

Reed getting credit he doesn't deserve, this was the real mastermind behind it all

Li Ching Yuen
01-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Any person that deals in absolutes with such conviction can only be a top drawer clown. That is the main trait that is embodied by every 'tard out there in tennis, and not even tennis, other sports as well.

What's puzzling is that he is actually a pretty decent commentator, where he restrains from making ridiculous claims and just sticks to the bread and butter of commentating. Compared to someone like Wilander for example that goes off the boil seemingly with every opportunity.

Now that I think about it, maybe he is just adopting a very sensationalistic approach to writing editorials just to get more hits. And let's be honest, it's working like wonders.

How many of you look forward to read the very sharp and accurate insight from Steve Tignor on tennis.com and how many are eager to read the inane babbling of this guy in his columns?
I still remember when he called Nieminen a "huge server" a few Wimbledons ago just to make Murray's 2R task seem harder. :lol:

tribalfusion
01-28-2012, 04:32 PM
How many of you look forward to read the very sharp and accurate insight from Steve Tignor on tennis.com and how many are eager to read the inane babbling of this guy in his columns?

Tignor is about the only one of these well known tennis commentators I find worth reading.

abraxas21
01-28-2012, 06:17 PM
has reed ever been right about anything??

Mechlan
01-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Any person that deals in absolutes with such conviction can only be a top drawer clown. That is the main trait that is embodied by every 'tard out there in tennis, and not even tennis, other sports as well.

What's puzzling is that he is actually a pretty decent commentator, where he restrains from making ridiculous claims and just sticks to the bread and butter of commentating. Compared to someone like Wilander for example that goes off the boil seemingly with every opportunity.

Now that I think about it, maybe he is just adopting a very sensationalistic approach to writing editorials just to get more hits. And let's be honest, it's working like wonders.

I still remember when he called Nieminen a "huge server" a few Wimbledons ago just to make Murray's 2R task seem harder. :lol:

This is spot on. He does it because it's much easier to get page views from rabid fanboys up in arms about sensationalistic stuff than it is to get it from being a legit journalist that does it with quality writing.

sexybeast
01-30-2012, 12:20 AM
After the master jinxer destroyed Djokovic's end of season 2011 by calling him the greatest player of all time, he masterfully undid the jinx and focused his black magic on Murray and Federer to destroy their chanses in early season 2012:

Federer and Kvitova to triumph in Australia

Djokovic will be an unknown quantity this year and it will be very interesting to see if he can match his intensity and focus from last season.

The most important issue is whether the Serb can replicate that form, and I have a hunch that his motivation may not be 100 per cent. I could be proved wrong on that, but I expect some kind of regression.

I suspect that Federer will usurp Djokovic in 2012, and I expect the Swiss to come very close to his dominant best from four or five years ago.

For me, Murray and Djokovic have to be considered joint second favourites behind Federer, with a big question mark over Rafael Nadal.

I predict that Federer will be triumphant in Melbourne, and even the introduction of Lendl to Murray's camp, is not enough to see him beat the Swiss master.

and this:

As for Novak Djokovic? Well, it's been fascinating watching him over the last month or so. I have a theory that I'm happy to repeat to anybody who'll listen that Djokovic could well have peaked, and the rest of his career will be downhill from here.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but at the moment I see signs that the old Djokovic is returning. His motivation simply doesn't seem to have been there in the last few weeks, and while I realise the shoulder problem doesn't help it just looks to me like he could be slipping backwards. Unless he has a stunning start to the season, I can't help but think 2012 will be one long anti-climax.

His job is to prove me wrong, but I'm suspicious that his best days have been and gone.

Murray has to make this his time. He will simply never have a better chance to win Grand Slams, and the only person standing in his way is Roger Federer.

Throughout all that Federer's level has remained pretty much the same throughout the last few years, though he did have a poor 2010. His tennis has been superb this year, and when you analyse it he was really only a few points away from picking up a Grand Slam or two this season.

Okay, so he's not what he was in 2006 or 2007, but the fact remains that as the year turns he is the best tennis player in the world. There's a distinct possibility - a probability, actually - that he'll win one or two Grand Slams next season, and if he does he'll likely become world number one again. Frankly, I'm amazed to be saying that, but there's no doubt that he enters 2012 as the clear favourite.
Should Murray face up against anyone else in the world in a Grand Slam final next year, I'm convinced he'd win. Against Federer, I'd have serious worries that he will fall short once again.Whether Murray can step up as well remains to be seen, though he'll never have a better opportunity. What he doesn't need, though, is to face Federer in a Grand Slam final - particularly in Australia, where another defeat in the last match of the tournament could set him back once again.

Thank you Reed, the only "expert" with a 100% history of always beeing able to jinx players with his predictions, can you please go on now about how Nadal and Djokovic will be in every slam final this year? Yes, that is what I want to hear.

ivanban
01-30-2012, 12:30 AM
:facepalm: I couldn't listen their commentating more than 2 games yesterday :help:

Marc23
01-30-2012, 12:57 AM
I can't help but think 2012 will be one long anti-climax.

:worship: to Simon Reed's predictions

It sure started as an anti-climax :wavey:

Corey Feldman
01-30-2012, 03:23 AM
hope this f'en prick goes for Nadal and Nole to dominate roland garros

always wanted to see Fed v Murray in the Final there

ballbasher101
01-30-2012, 03:34 AM
hope this f'en prick goes for Nadal and Nole to dominate roland garros

always wanted to see Fed v Murray in the Final there

Started a Simon Reed watch thread. I did not know this one existed, oops. Simon Reed is Harry Porter without the magic. His jinxing is Nostradamus in nature. Once you get his praise and approval say by bye to your chance of winning the event. He picked Roger and Murray to have a good year so these 2 are pretty much screwed sadly. He might change his mind, who knows.

Tennis-Life
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
:(

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/artful-roger-building-towards-golden-181929711.html

Roger remains remarkably fresh. He is a phenomenon. These guys do not have a sense of proportion. He is as playing as well as ever. He has untold riches, but continues to excel with real focus.

Djokovic and Rafa have tremendous intensity, but Roger doesn't need to bring that to matches. He brings Roger Federer to the court, and that is mostly good enough to get him through tight matches. I think he is very likely to win Wimbledon, and if he wins Wimbledon he will surely win the Olympics on the same court.

The world number one place is also a realistic option. I think he will win one or two Grand Slam this year, and I think Roger can be competitive for the next two or three years. Roger is so fluent, and is taking so little out of his body.

I think Federer will go on longer at the top than Rafa or Novak for sure. With Andy, you don't know. If the motivation is there for Roger, he could set a mark that nobody will pass. He is on 16 with more to come. I think that must be part of his thinking to set a mark that will never be beaten. Leaving his print on the game must be part of his thinking.

Rafa is the big threat to his total. He is not that far behind on 10, but the more Roger wins the less Rafa wins. At the back of his mind, Roger must be thinking that he can keep pushing the mark even higher. Federer's renaissance sets us up for a fascinating few months ahead.

Saberq
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
he fucked him up again...........poor Fed

samanosuke
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
ok. Fed can turn the focus to 2013 season

HKz
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
He didn't mark Murray this time! It was only a "don't know"!!!! MAYBE MURRAY WILL WIN A SLAM FINALLY NOW? REED LET HIS GRASP GO!

nsidhan
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh boy. Fed is doomed.

reery
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Ffs.

shadows
03-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Fed getting a serious injury at Miami that he'll never recover from to play at a truly competitive level again T____T

zdravkelja
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
He got it right last time, when he said that the rest of the 2011 year could belong to Fed... Who knows...

feuselino
03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Seriously, if you'd shown me this text without any context I'd swear this is just one of the gazillions of meaningless posts here on MTF... people pay to have someone write this stuff??

Certinfy
03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
This man really does have no limits. :worship:

alter ego
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh well, losing to Harrison in the 2nd round is now a given.

Orka_n
03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Reed you idiot, shut up for once.

Arkulari
03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh boy, Roger needs to call a priest and do some kind of liberation ritual :o

Doesn't matter, he's truly fucked for the rest of the year :sad:

samanosuke
03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
one thing bothers me . how this guy with all shit he says still is one of the most prestigious Eurosport's commentators

Looner
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
NO! If you're successful Reed jinxes you. If you're unsuccessful, you still remain unsuccessful until he jinxes you. Your only chances against Reed's jinx is out-of-nowhere big win...

comesbackatlast
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
What's this guy's history, exactly?

Do you really believe in jinxes or is it a running joke?

ballbasher101
03-20-2012, 07:12 PM
He is back, Simon Reed is back :(. Federer is fucked. The Simon Reed curse is in full gear. Only true love's kiss can break the curse :rolls:. Federer must be cursing his luck.

ballbasher101
03-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Of course we don't believe in jinxes but Simon Reed is a good predictor of results. He pretty much always gets everything wrong. He is so fickle. When a player has a good week or a few months he is quick to proclaim them the second coming.

Roamed
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
That's it, Fed falls to Harrison in R2 at Miami, calling it now. He's got 15 wins, 15 losses will take him to the end of the year, then he can shake off this curse.

Damn you Reed :(

Time Violation
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Simon strikes again. The man is relentless :lol:

Nirjhor
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Reed delivers it again! :armed::explode::smash::banghead:

Allez
03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Why doesn't someone fire this clown. He can just fck off.

shadows
03-20-2012, 07:48 PM

Virtually everything he ever says is wrong.

He's also hilariously fickle.

Jun 2011

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/murray-best-world-443.html

Nov 2011

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/djokovic-greatest-player-ve-ever-seen-6938.html

His articles with a Murray angle are the worst, it's like MTF fanboy drivel masquerading as journalism.

Johnny Iznrr
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Fed got lucky to win so much before the Simon Reed curse ruined him. Good for Murray fans, this will open up his draws a lot :P

luie
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Fed should have just paid for him to go on a long vacation for the rest of the year.

finishingmove
03-20-2012, 08:44 PM
great stuff

comesbackatlast
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Been skimming through his predictions.

They are not at 0%. Let's say 15%.

So, if I play along this superjinx ability stuff, all hope is not lost! :angel:

scoobs
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
He never met a bandwagon he didn't want to jump on, did he...

Saberq
03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Been skimming through his predictions.

They are not at 0%. Let's say 15%.

So, if I play along this superjinx ability stuff, all hope is not lost! :angel:

you dont understand he is the master of jinx.....whatever he predicts opposite happens

Johnny Groove
03-20-2012, 09:11 PM
The dreaded Simon Reed curse :facepalm:

Poor Roger.

Oh boy, Roger needs to call a priest and do some kind of liberation ritual :o

Doesn't matter, he's truly fucked for the rest of the year :sad:

He is in Miami. He ought to visit a voodoo hex woman in Little Haiti to reverse the effects of the Simon Reed jynx. Roger will need 2 chickens, half a dozen tennis balls, printed pages of Simon Reed's article, some hashish, and a lighter.

Otherwise he is doomed I am afraid :awww:

Pirata.
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll never forget when he called Verdasco the future of tennis :lol:

Time Violation
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
He is in Miami. He ought to visit a voodoo hex woman in Little Haiti to reverse the effects of the Simon Reed jynx. Roger will need 2 chickens, half a dozen tennis balls, printed pages of Simon Reed's article, some hashish, and a lighter.

Otherwise he is doomed I am afraid :awww:

First and foremost, he needs some Nadaltards to come and say Roger's done and turkified next time he meets Rafa, that would counter the jinx to some extent I guess :p

solowyn
03-20-2012, 09:18 PM
"Roger is arguably the second best clay court player of all time."

:bowdown: Own up, who here is actually writing these Reed articles?

BigJohn
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
First and foremost, he needs some Nadaltards to come and say Roger's done and turkified next time he meets Rafa, that would counter the jinx to some extent I guess :p

Is it that simple? It happens all the time in here. Roger is safe. Ouf...

Ouragan
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
The bandwagonner extraordinaire strikes again. All hope is lost. Verdasco will win Miami.

MuzzahLovah
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
I am so grateful. Fed has had a long, full tennis life, so don't be too sad Simon Reed has ended it.

Please Murray, quick, while he's distracted!

Time Violation
03-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Is it that simple? It happens all the time in here. Roger is safe. Ouf...

I don't know, Reed's stuff is pretty strong, maybe even that isn't going to work :p

Li Ching Yuen
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
The good news is that Federer has been on a pretty good streak in the last months, so a slump from here on out won't be that drastic I guess.

BigJohn
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't know, Reed's stuff is pretty strong, maybe even that isn't going to work :p

The same can be said about star Rafatards. I'm relieved.

Time Violation
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Maybe you will want to unban some of them in that case :p

BigJohn
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe you will want to unban some of them in that case :p

No need. There are still plenty of them.

Anyone knows how long we should be whankar free, btw?

LisaKoh
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
. Roger will need 2 chickens, half a dozen tennis balls, printed pages of Simon Reed's article, some hashish, and a lighter.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

fast_clay
03-21-2012, 12:54 AM
kiss of death

03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
simon reed- the name alone strikes jinx fear into every tennis player

damn, i knew federer had it too good- now all hope is lost
fed will lose every important match he plays this year now :(

REED! f you

Pirata.
03-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Verdasco will win Miami.

:bowdown:

BroTree123
03-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Simon Reed has more of a chance of winning 2 GS's than Federer.

tripwires
03-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Why does this guy still have a job? Why couldn't he have written about Nadal or Djokovic? Now I'm gonna be miserable for the rest of the year.

BroTree123
03-21-2012, 01:32 AM
This old fart is just :facepalm:.

fast_clay
03-21-2012, 01:44 AM
simon reed- the name alone strikes jinx fear into every tennis player

damn, i knew federer had it too good- now all hope is lost
fed will lose every important match he plays this year now :(

REED! f you

i am getting reports on twitter that reed was paid a five figure sum to write the article by a firm known as Mallorcan Sporting Enterprises... reed is a weapon for hire it would seem...

Corey Feldman
03-21-2012, 02:39 AM
when is he ever gonna start blowing smoke up Nole and Nadal's ass again

rocketassist
03-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Simon Reed: Djokovic and Nadal will contest every GS final this year

Was the headline we needed to see.

MuzzahLovah
03-21-2012, 03:01 AM
This old fart is just :facepalm:.

Don't talk about Roger that way. :p

leng jai
03-21-2012, 03:06 AM
I love how absolutely no one is talking about this article on its own merit in this thread. Simon Reed's reputation is simply GOAT.

Ajde

Mystique
03-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Oh dear :sad:

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Damn you Reed. :mad:

BroTree123
03-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Now let's watch Roddick destroy Federer 6-2, 6-3 :o

Vyomsky
03-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Damn you Reed!

Johnny Groove
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Simon Reed never fails to deliver :lol:

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Reedy you ledge....ze prophet :bowdown:

reery
03-27-2012, 01:57 AM
The jinx is strong with this one.

Saberq
03-27-2012, 01:58 AM
I love the guy here that didnt believe in this :haha:

Pirata.
03-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Between MTF and Simon Reed, Roger was just up shit creek without a paddle.

hipolymer
03-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Reed...

:worship:

sexybeast
03-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Simon Reed can jinx anything in the world, he has that birthgiven special ability. If he calls the economic crisis is over sell are your bonds, if he says the 21th century will be a century of peace and love expect Mad Max in one decade or so....

Johnny Iznrr
03-27-2012, 02:03 AM
This is the best jinx ever. h2h 21-2, Federer in the best form he's been in in years, Roddick near retirement, and all it takes is one short article from Reed :worship: Players need to give him offerings and prayers to keep him from cursing them.

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 02:06 AM
This old fat fuck is likely reading this thread in satisfaction while eating Pizza :yeah: :bowdown:.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Simon Reed you fucking legend:worship: :worship:

http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/happy0188.gifhttp://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/happy0188.gif http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/happy0188.gif http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/happy0188.gif http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/happy0188.gif

LisaKoh
03-27-2012, 02:48 AM
This man is a menace to society, he must be stopped. Quick, Muzzah should win Miami so Reed's attention is diverted to the proper channels once more.

He has the power of the Pigeon, Turkey and Ostrich/Duck thread combined.

paseo
03-27-2012, 02:48 AM
This Reed guy is good.

Fed_Ds
03-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Damn you, Reed :mad:.
Don't predict anything good to happen to Roger for the rest of the year.

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 03:14 AM
This year, could be Fed losing before the QF in a slam since 2004. All hail Simon Reed :bowdown: :bowdown:.

tripwires
03-27-2012, 03:17 AM
The next article he should right is "Federer is finished".

Please please PLEASE. :sad:

Friday16
03-27-2012, 03:34 AM
The next article he should right is "Federer is finished".

Please please PLEASE. :sad:

Maybe this loss makes him to think this way. I desperetly hope an article like that before Roland Garros.:sobbing:

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 07:48 AM
http://brightnessmedia.com/brightness/ver1/images/content/reed_content.jpg

Simon Reed and his expression of satisfaction -- burning the tennis world 24/7.

Time Violation
03-27-2012, 07:58 AM

Reed is just too strong. Told ya :p

MaxPower
03-27-2012, 08:13 AM
If jinxing was a crime Simon Reed should be in prison for life.

But seriously how much $$$ does he want to say something about Nadal? It's gonna be hard to overbid Uncle Toni but maybe if we work together

MuzzahLovah
03-27-2012, 08:15 AM
This man is a menace to society, he must be stopped. Quick, Muzzah should win Miami so Reed's attention is diverted to the proper channels once more.

He has the power of the Pigeon, Turkey and Ostrich/Duck thread combined.

You wish. Simon's curse is firmly affixed to Roger, where it belongs.

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 08:40 AM
The day Simon Reed mentions that Troicki won't win a slam, tennis will die.

Federer in 2
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
The 3 people who disturbed Federer's career more than anybody else:

Simon Reed

Tony Nadal
Rafael Nadal

Tennis-Life
03-27-2012, 09:33 AM
When Reed is going to retire from Eurosport? :mad: :(

ssin
03-27-2012, 10:19 AM

Simon Reed and his expression of satisfaction -- burning the tennis world 24/7.

hmm that pic would be a great avatar, maybe some of his fame could rub off on me.

GSMnadal
03-27-2012, 10:29 AM

hmm that pic would be a great avatar, maybe some of his fame could rub off on me.

Should be a contest here on MTF. The year's greatest jinx, we all know what the award would be for an entire year ;)

Sunset of Age
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Reed. :worship:

:rolls:
Who's next on his Jinx List? :D

LisaKoh
03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
You wish. Simon's curse is firmly affixed to Roger, where it belongs.

Damnit, I went over his blog and I saw that he picked Federer to win in Australia. But he also predicted that Murray will win a slam this year: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/

This menace must be stopped.

Slice Winner
03-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Too good, this Reed :worship:

Orka_n
03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Reed deserves a kick in the crotch.

GSMnadal
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Reed. :worship:

:rolls:
Who's next on his Jinx List? :D

Probably Murray again, Reed's list isn't long, but that doesn't make it less powerful

#1: Murray
#2: Federer
#3: Go back to #1

Sunset of Age
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Probably Murray again, Reed's list isn't long, but that doesn't make it less powerful

#1: Murray
#2: Federer
#3: Go back to #1

Don't forget about Fernando "The Future" Verdasco. That was a quality one as well. :D

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 12:08 PM
:haha: :yeah:.

Feel sorry for Nando though...poor guy :awww:.

GSMnadal
03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't forget about Fernando "The Future" Verdasco. That was a quality one as well. :D

Poor Nando never stood a chance

reery
03-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Damnit, I went over his blog and I saw that he picked Federer to win in Australia. But he also predicted that Murray will win a slam this year: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/

This menace must be stopped.

Oh no.:sad:

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Poor Vika Azarenka as well :bigcry:. She will slump big time when she will finally lose her first match this year :awww:.

GSMnadal
03-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Oh no.:sad:

Murray doesn't need a Reed jinx to not win a slam, he's perfectly capable of doing that on his own.

reery
03-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Murray doesn't need a Reed jinx to not win a slam, he's perfectly capable of doing that on his own.

I know but whatever small chances he had are now gone. :o

Li Ching Yuen
03-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I have to admit I'm impressed beyond words.

This guy is good.

Trollicki
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I really did think Roger could go places this year.

Oh well.

Sunset of Age
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
^^ Welcome aboard. Excellent avvy & username! :hearts: :worship:

Trollicki
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
^^ Welcome aboard. Excellent avvy & username! :hearts: :worship:

:hatoff:

UsD.AnDreS
03-27-2012, 03:37 PM

How can you be sure about that when Reed predicts Murray winning a slam literally every year...

Noleta
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh man...:lol:

BroTree123
03-27-2012, 04:05 PM
:hatoff:

Hahah :haha:, I love you man.

BroTree123
04-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Here we go again my God :bowdown: :bowdown:.

GSMnadal
04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
If Reed manages to take down Rafa at Roland Garros, he can retire :bowdown:

it doesn't get any bigger than that

LastRocket
04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Earth is saved :bowdown: :bowdown:

BroTree123
04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
If Reed manages to take down Rafa at Roland Garros, he can retire :bowdown:

it doesn't get any bigger than that

That will solidify the fact that Simon Reed is God.

Simon "God" Reed :bowdown: :sobbing:.

Naudio Spanlatine
04-24-2012, 05:03 PM
SIMON REED YOU ARE GOING DOWN, YOU AINT GOD YOU ARE JUST A DAMN FOOL, PREPARE FOR RESURRECTION MY FRIEND YOU ARE NOT GONNA EVER SPEAK ON THESE TENNIS PLAYERS AGAIN.:armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed:

Dont worry these players will do damage to you you just wait.:angel:

Moozza
04-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Whats happened? Has he predicted Nadal to win RG?

TigerTim
04-24-2012, 05:11 PM
yep

also notice Azarenka lost soon after his prediction..........oh my!

BroTree123
04-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Everyone change avatars to Simon Reed after this prediction comes true. I mean C'mon this would be MASSIVE if he nails this one.

Moozza
04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
where is everyone finding this prediction?

Nole Rules
04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Everyone change avatars to Simon Reed after this prediction comes true. I mean C'mon this would be MASSIVE if he nails this one.

Totally agree with this. :lol:

GSMnadal
04-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Count me in :(

hipolymer
04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Simon Reed you God. Thank you for this one.

Corey Feldman
04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Rafa unchained after drubbing Djok

Nadal is my favourite to win Roland Garros because of the fact he did so last year, when he wasn't playing as well. It was Roger Federer who produced the best performance that time around, but nonetheless Rafa won and after a performance like Monte Carlo, I think he will again.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/rafa-unchained-drubbing-djok-153809950.html

thanks Simon - congrats on your grand slam, Nole http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-004.gif

Pirata.
04-24-2012, 05:31 PM
where is everyone finding this prediction?

Mods have been combining a lot of threads, deleting relevant posts, I don't know what's going on here.

Naudio Spanlatine
04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
GUYS SIMON IS NOT GOD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care what he does, he is not making me change my avatar, i love my avatar:angel:
Plus hes a scum and a scam at the same time, he has no powers to do anything but to brainwash us all.

Naudio Spanlatine
04-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Count me in :(

ARE YOU SERIOUS? so basically you are already giving in to Simon shitface, like really, what happened to us warriors?

ballbasher101
04-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Simon Reed you are a legend :worship:. This will be Simon Reed's masterpiece, jinxing the clay god himself.

reery
04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Nadal is screwed now. :rolls:

Now watch Nole win the Budge Slam(6 slams in a row). :lol:

Johnny Groove
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Rafa has been cursed by Simon Reed now.

Can the Clay Warrior be the first to prove Simon Reed right?

duong
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM

why didn't he say that before Monte-Carlo ? Reed would have proved his strength even more because in Roland-Garros Söderling already succeeded before Simon ;)

duong
04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
"I will have an eye on Victoria Azarenka"

he sounds so threatening :( somebody must pay for his voodoo curses :devil:

Corey Feldman
04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
was about time he inflicted the curse on Nadal

Slice Winner
04-24-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TFVILS2dg#t=3m09s

Nole Rules
04-24-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TFVILS2dg#t=3m09s

:spit:

Pucho
04-24-2012, 10:52 PM
All i can say is thank God he never liked Djokovic :p

I still remember when he once said that Murray will spend most of the time in his career ranked above Djokovic... :bowdown:

hipolymer
04-24-2012, 10:55 PM

I still remember when he once said that Murray will spend most of the time in his career ranked above Djokovic... :bowdown:

That can only mean 1 thing. Djokovic will become GOAT. :awww:

Johnny Groove
04-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Not sure what my favorite Simon Reed prediction was.

Either "Verdasco is the future" or "Haas will win a slam".

BroTree123
04-25-2012, 12:40 AM
he sounds so threatening :( somebody must pay for his voodoo curses :devil:

Dirty old man, I wonder how many times he has tried to pay her a good sum of money :lol:. Losing to Bartoli is evidence :o.

--

Oi Mike, change the heading mate "Rafa unchained after drubbing Djok".

Topspindoctor
04-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Simon Reed belongs in a circus where he will better realize his talent as a jester. The fact that he's being paid to write these "articles" is pathetic.

Johnny Groove
04-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Simon Reed belongs in a circus where he will better realize his talent as a jester. The fact that he's being paid to write these "articles" is pathetic.

The best part is the banner in the upper left where it says of Simon Reed: "Eurosport Expert" :spit:

Clay Death
04-25-2012, 01:32 AM
simon reed is just looking for attention.

he is a legless ejacuzee who doesnt know shit from shit from shoe polish.

he is a mouse studying to be a rat.

imagine a legless ejacuzee trying to teach running.

BroTree123
04-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Oh how the love-hate relationship changes so quickly on Reed by tennis fans :rolleyes:. One minute you're like yay Fed is screwed, thanks Reed :yeah:.... 'nek minnit', fuck you Reed, Rafa is doomed :sad:.

Clay Death
04-25-2012, 01:57 AM
he could be working on his latest development:

triple reverse pseudo post traumatic quasi anti jinxing phenomenon.

BroTree123
04-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Magic power of the Gods. Of Death.

Clay Death
04-25-2012, 02:07 AM
affirmative.

Chase Visa
04-25-2012, 02:19 AM

Haha it's on.

Hope he does fail, then we'll see something that I've never seen before.

BroTree123
04-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Haha it's on.

Hope he does fail, then we'll see something that I've never seen before.

You sure you got what I mean't? :confused:

I mean that if the jinx is successful, change avi to the big man :cool:. Being wrong means he's right, vice versa ;).

Chase Visa
04-25-2012, 03:17 AM
You sure you got what I mean't? :confused:

I mean that if the jinx is successful, change avi to the big man :cool:. Being wrong means he's right, vice versa ;).

Talking about 'fail' as Rafa failing to win RG.

BroTree123
04-25-2012, 05:11 AM
Talking about 'fail' as Rafa failing to win RG.

Correct :angel:.

Tennis-Life
04-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Simon Reed :superlol:

duong
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
The strange part is that whereas all (or nearly all) of his predictions have epicly failed (and there were far more than one with Murray and with Verdasco), he keeps on making a lot of them.

Of course he has realized what happened with his past predictions :shrug:

That's why there's only one reason why he keeps on : he has realized his voodoo powers :D

Normal that he's paid for his articles then ;) what's only strange is that Eurosport accepts this dark trade on its website.

Trollicki
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM

Why wait?

heya
04-26-2012, 08:01 AM
he must be federer's family member. the more he fawns over fed, the more fed acknowledges his similar arrogant personality characteristic.

Ouragan
04-26-2012, 08:25 PM
"Dark trade" :haha: :haha:

He's a true shaman, I wonder what his rituals are, slaughtering animals and shit I'm sure.

viruzzz
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Sorry but, does Reed fails EVERY prediction he makes?

Because it would be so fuckin HUGE if Rafa loses RG... Come on, it's SuperRafa on clay.

It's the easy way out to have some predictions right, like WTF on Fed.

superslam77
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
RIP rafull tennis :)

EddieNero
04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Just about time to come up with this, Simon. I was getting worried about Nadal winning the RG-W double once again but you made my calm.

Cloudygirl
04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
fuck you Simon Reed and your jinxing

Chase Visa
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry but, does Reed fails EVERY prediction he makes?

Because it would be so fuckin HUGE if Rafa loses RG... Come on, it's SuperRafa on clay.

It's the easy way out to have some predictions right, like WTF on Fed.

Looks like he fails most of them.

BauerAlmeida
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
The only way Nadal can be saved now is if Mick Jagger says Djokovic will win RG.

shuhrat
04-27-2012, 01:42 AM

Though it was a rather mild case (no GS involved), he's caused some damage on Djokovic as well.

Djokovic better than I thought (http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/djokovic-better-thought-6712.html) Simon Reed – Thu, Sep 29, 2011
After Novak Djokovic's stunning win at Wimbledon we have to accept that the tennis landscape has changed.

Also, despite Djokovic having won their last four meetings, I still felt that Nadal was the better grass court player, so for Novak to go on and win the way he did really stunned me.

... Djokovic is now comfortably the world number one; Nadal is comfortably number two and they are both well clear of number three (Federer) who is well clear of number four (Murray).

It is like a two-mile horse race with all of them a good distance apart.

[...]

My prediction for the tournament (Wimbledon) was of course Roger Federer and I have to admit to being astonished at the way that he went out.

I really felt that this was a good chance for Federer to make a statement and get right back in the mix to be one of the top dogs, but I'm not so sure he can do that anymore.
Think about how their fall seasons panned out respectively. Djokovic's, tainted by injuries and fatigue / Nadal's, unspectacular one. On the other hand Federer won every tournament he entered until Reed made another prediction (the one in the original post).

Muzza's stock looked promising briefly after Reed started doubting his chance of winning a slam, then the said prediction struck.

(From the same column) And then of course we come to Andy Murray and I think we are now going to have to get used to the fact that it may never happen for him.

Rafael Nadal has said that Murray "is the best player of all-time who has never won a Grand Slam" and - as much as Murray would hate to finish his career with that 'honour' - that may be his ultimate destiny.

I hope I'm wrong, but it is starting to look like a 50-50 shot at best that he will win a Grand Slam. Especially when you consider he has got some lucky draws over the past two years - that may not continue.

I guess this time he's testing his own power with such a bold statement. After all there's no tougher task than jinxing Nadal in RG, though I think he will get disappointed in the end.

Looner
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Following that last post, I fully expect RN to lose before R3 and for Murray to win the channel double. I mean just look at what Reed said.

Clay Death
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
simon reed is impersonating a rat again. nothing new.

at least its a step up from impersonating a mouse.

Topspindoctor
04-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Following that last post, I fully expect RN to lose before R3 and for Murray to win the channel double. I mean just look at what Reed said.

If by "channel double" you mean Estoril and Queens then I agree. If you're actually talking about Mugray winning a slam....:superlol::spit::haha:

rocketassist
04-27-2012, 01:51 AM
If by "channel double" you mean Estoril and Queens then I agree. If you're actually talking about Mugray winning a slam....:superlol::spit::haha:

All he has to do is have Simon Reed predict him never to win one.

star
04-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Rafa! :bigcry:

shuhrat
04-27-2012, 01:56 AM
As I said, he's already undone it with this... :awww:

(Nov. 30th 2011) "If that proves to be the case, Federer and Murray must surely mop up 2012 between the two of them."

BroTree123
04-27-2012, 02:01 AM
I wonder what article the God will produce next :bowdown:.

Hopefully nothing about the world not ending this year.

Looner
04-27-2012, 02:01 AM
As I've learned from the fans of #1 and #2 on these boards, everything begins anew on Jan 1 :o. So Simon's curse is still in effect. The only way Murray does not win RG/Wimbledon is because he said it's still 50-50 so it's a partial jinx.

Johnny Groove
04-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Well if Reed says Murray and Federer will clean up 2012, and Rafa will win RG, does this mean Djoker wins the CYGGS?

Djokovic is the only player Reed hasn't projected to win a slam yet this year, and of course, he's the only one who has won a slam :lol:

Mark Lenders
04-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Well if Reed says Murray and Federer will clean up 2012, and Rafa will win RG, does this mean Djoker wins the CYGGS?

Djokovic is the only player Reed hasn't projected to win a slam yet this year, and of course, he's the only one who has won a slam :lol:

There are more than four players on tour.

Someone different winning a Slam, now that'd be an interesting development for men's tennis.

Clay Death
04-27-2012, 02:32 AM
stop building up Simon Rat. he doesnt know shit from shoe polish.

Simon Rat reads tennis forums to get his ideas.