Edda
11-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Good luck, Rafa!

born_on_clay
11-15-2011, 05:08 PM
MIT: RR for me :sad:

tennizen
11-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I knew all those final losses would lead to some drastic measures from Rafito:sad:

Guest12315544
11-16-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I've just been reading where Rafa's left shoulder is bothering him due according to Uncle Tony over using it in practice. So he and Nole are both having shoulder problems.

Just like heaven
11-16-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I've just been reading where Rafa's left shoulder is bothering him due according to Uncle Tony over using it in practice. So he and Nole are both having shoulder problems.

The thread title. WTA=Women's Tennis Association.
I don't think the shoulder problem is very serious. He said he'll be fine.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-16-2011, 06:18 AM
im sry but the thread title makes me laugh:lol: :haha:

anyways good luck rafa:yeah: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

MariaV
11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
WTA, WTF, what's the difference. :lol:
Thanks Mae for opening the thread.
Metis doesn't seem to be around for MIT anyway but I'll say SF. :sad:

!VamosRafa!
11-16-2011, 02:41 PM
The thread title is :spit:

Anyway, I hope he wins his match against Fish, but that's about all he can do :sad:

Foxy
11-16-2011, 02:54 PM
W for me. Can't see anyone of the other mug female players beating him.

MariaV
11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
LOL Foxy! Federina is on a roll and Murray is another favourite for me.

Foxy
11-17-2011, 07:09 AM
LOL Foxy! Federina is on a roll and Murray is another favourite for me.

I am also scared of Murrina but I think Nadalina can do the job done. She is fresh and at 200%.

MariaV
11-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Nadalina LMFAO Foxy, you're on a roll!

Mimi
11-18-2011, 03:32 AM
W for me. Can't see anyone of the other mug female players beating him.

:haha: :haha: :yeah:

Federina may kill him, how unlucky, now Rafa's heads to heads' lead may go down in favour of Federina :fiery:

Guest12315544
11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
WTA, WTF, what's the difference. :lol:
Thanks Mae for opening the thread.
Metis doesn't seem to be around for MIT anyway but I'll say SF. :sad:

Oh no I can't believe I did that :smash: Why didn't any of you PM me to change it? Well one thing is for such I bet Rafa would win every match easy in the WTA :lol: I will change the thread title now :o

Guest12315544
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM
There is that better on the thread title? :o And I do hope Rafa's shoulder is O.K.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM
its ok mae:hug: :hug: :hug:

Guest12315544
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
its ok mae:hug: :hug: :hug:
You should have told me it was wrong, but you have to admit that WTA and WTF are very close? Too close for me :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
its funny tho, i liked it, i laughed so hard i almost cried:lol: but its ok, at least some of us(hopefully all of us) had a good laugh:D

Guest12315544
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
its funny tho, i liked it, i laughed so hard i almost cried:lol: but its ok, at least some of us(hopefully all of us) had a good laugh:D

Well I'm glad it gave some people a good laugh anyway. The world can always use more laughter :lol: But if I ever make a mistake like that again I do hope someone will tell me about it--please :angel:

tennizen
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Oh, so you finally changed it:lol::hug:

star
11-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Well I'm glad it gave some people a good laugh anyway. The world can always use more laughter :lol: But if I ever make a mistake like that again I do hope someone will tell me about it--please :angel:

oh, no!!!

I liked it the way it was!

Year end WTA :woohoo:

Rafa at least had a chance of winning that. :tears:

Guest12315544
11-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Oh, so you finally changed it:lol::hug:

oh, no!!!

I liked it the way it was!

Year end WTA :woohoo:

Rafa at least had a chance of winning that. :tears:

I can believe how stupid I was :banghead: I didn't even pick up on the hints that were in the comments you made :rolleyes:
I think I also make the comment if it was the WTA Rafa would win every match he played ;)

Metis
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
OMG WTF is starting today?!?!?!?!?

Quick, post your predictions!. Last tournament of the season!!!

How far will Rafa go in WTF? (1500 points :hearts: :drool: :lick:)

RR - !VamosRafa!, acionescu, born_on_clay, hat_boy
SF - Betty, Bjorki, Mae, MariaV, Minn
F - Getta
W - Foxy, Metis, tennizen

Getta
11-20-2011, 08:56 AM
runner-up

BjŲrki
11-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Sf

Guest12315544
11-20-2011, 11:11 AM
It is really hard to tell because so many of the players that will be there have been having nagging injuries. And Rafa for some reason doesn't play well indoors and I don't know why that is :shrug: I guess I will go with SF. If for no other reason than I hate putting Rafa any lower than a Semi-Final for any Tournament ;)

Metis
11-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Sf

Hmmm...tricky situation. Maybe I should change my pick. :devil: Only way to ensure the no1 spot (even though I'll have to share it with someone else :().

acionescu
11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I'd say he wins a RR match, vamos :rocker2:

Ben.
11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
RR :sad:

Metis
11-20-2011, 01:07 PM
I'd say he wins a RR match, vamos :rocker2:

Is your prediction RR then?

tennizen
11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Win:cheerleader:

Minn
11-20-2011, 02:55 PM
If I'm not too late, I'd like to say SF.

acionescu
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Is your prediction RR then?

Yes, 1/3, it's important to specify :D

acionescu
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Let's see whose jinx is stronger: mine or Peggy's :armed:

Betty
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Sf

Guest12315544
11-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Let's see whose jinx is stronger: mine or Peggy's :armed:

I think mine :rolleyes: Rafa and Fish have split Sets and Rafa is down 3-2 in the third Set :eek:

Ben.
11-20-2011, 10:43 PM
:help:

Stefwhit
11-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I know it's so early that the difference between 1 and 2 isnt all that significant since they (Rafa and FedTard) both won dropping a set, but as it stands- is Nadal ahead of FedTard?

Naudio Spanlatine
11-20-2011, 11:30 PM
rafa will not win the WTF, rafa will be ill and sick, rafa might sit out for the finals, while marcel or nando takes his place, theirs no way he will make it through to the semis, he looks horrible out there:sad: :tears:

Stefwhit
11-20-2011, 11:39 PM
rafa will not win the WTF, rafa will be ill and sick, rafa might sit out for the finals, while marcel or nando takes his place, theirs no way he will make it through to the semis, he looks horrible out there:sad: :tears:

Sounds like u have a high quality crystal-ball. I get paid next week, thinking' of gettn' me one. Any other certainties u care to share?

Naudio Spanlatine
11-20-2011, 11:45 PM
he wont look at him, hes gonna lose to fedINDOORGOAT, fed is too good right now and he'll stomp all over him, he will tank and jus focus on davis cup

Guest12315544
11-20-2011, 11:53 PM
I hope he just ate something that didn't agree with him and he will be able to recover quickly. But I don't know why you are so upset about the WTF? Rafa has a terrible record when playing indoors. While Roger has the best record playing indoors.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-20-2011, 11:55 PM
other players would struggle at their worst surfaces but do you see them not play well NO, and besides their is no excuse to play like shit i dont care how much you dont like the surface or how bad you are on the surface

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
He was sick! Maybe you need a new "Hero"? No tennis player is going to win all the time and even Roger lost a Set against Tsonga.

Stefwhit
11-21-2011, 12:31 AM
He was sick! Maybe you need a new "Hero"? No tennis player is going to win all the time and even Roger lost a Set against Tsonga.

I get that sometimes fans prepare themselves for the worse by accepting defeat early, but honestly I hate when people do that, so I totally agree with you.

Even healthy and at his best Rafa would be the under-dog to FedTard on this surface- but let's not totally write off Rafa. Im glad he has more self-belief in himself, than some of his fans do.

Sometimes a single match can be telling, but more often than not there really isn't any carry over of momentum one way or the other. That's just a silly myth that people subscribe to- but honestly how often do u see a player win super easy one day and get his ass spanked the next. Tennis is about match ups, not how u played the day before...if u don't believe me ask Serena Williams.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-21-2011, 12:41 AM
i never excepted his defeat earlier this is the first time i have ever done this, this year he wasnt himself, even tho he made it to alot of finals this year, but he really wasnt himself at all, i actually say that his 2009 year was better than this year, and even tho i usually think thats his worst year

Stefwhit
11-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Say what u like about his results, the truth of the matter is that tihis has to be one of Nadals most consistent years ever. It sucks that his WL record in finals took a severe dip this year, but outside of Djoko's domination over him, he has really had a fantastic year.

Don't misunderstand though, as a fan I'm already over this year and look forward to 2012, but when I really break things down it's both remarkable and equally sad that he reached and lost so many finals this year. Had he just won a single match (US Open Finall, for example) then we'd be talking about how great his year was. So if he was "off" this year, it honestly wasn't by much.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-21-2011, 01:35 AM
i still think he did ok this year, but not what i expected, thats what i should say then

Naudio Spanlatine
11-21-2011, 01:42 AM
but dont worry yall its typical of a girl like me whose a gemini and will overreact on stupid lil things, im already over this year anyways

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Say what u like about his results, the truth of the matter is that tihis has to be one of Nadals most consistent years ever. It sucks that his WL record in finals took a severe dip this year, but outside of Djoko's domination over him, he has really had a fantastic year.

Don't misunderstand though, as a fan I'm already over this year and look forward to 2012, but when I really break things down it's both remarkable and equally sad that he reached and lost so many finals this year. Had he just won a single match (US Open Finall, for example) then we'd be talking about how great his year was. So if he was "off" this year, it honestly wasn't by much.
This is very true although sadly most people don't recognize it :sad:

And Dee I'm glad you have calmed down now :) You worry me when you get so upset.

Ben.
11-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Astonished that people can't see what is going on. Yes, resutls wise it has been a good year for the most part, omit Djokovic and there isn't much to complain about. However, for those paying even the slightest bit of attention, the writing is on the wall.

Nadal finds himself completely unable to dictate the play at all right now. He is winning matches on name alone, little more than a spectator. He used to be able to out manouver players using his FH, like they were on a string, or even just hit a shorter angled FH winner to the line. These are pretty scarce these days. Obviously his BH has been MIA for a while and his movement has gotten visibly worse, most noticable in the decline of his passing shots. The two most alarming factors though, are the state of his serve currently and the seeming lack of any effort to make compensations for his form, instead just being content to run and feed shortballs.

I hope I am just being over critical and displaying a short memory, forgetting what came before the hardcourt season. Either way, prepare yourself for another defeat by Federer here.

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Actually at times I wish Rafa would have been content to be the "King of Clay" and forgot about the Hard Courts. His problems first started with the knees taking away some of his speed. If he would have not gone to the Hard Courts I think the knees would have held up better. And since then he seems to have had a lot of health issues :sad: His shoulder was bothering him before the Match that happened in his practices. Then he had a stomach problem during the Match. So now he just seems to go from one problem to the next! How can Roger stay so healthy?

MariaV
11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Seriously I mean couldn't they pay this bad dude who took Rafa's USO 2010 serve away to give it back to Rafa. They should have enough money for that. :rolleyes: :o :tape: :facepalm: won't even start to cover it so I better stop. :)

But here the gif to sum it all up
http://i42.tinypic.com/f371mr.gif

MariaV
11-21-2011, 09:17 AM

Or the Wimbledon final. To lose the Wimbledon final allowing Nole to win this biggest trophy in tennis history was really really bad, the Masters finals and USO I can survive but that was kinda... really bad. :o
Hope he can get over the Nole complex next year.

MariaV
11-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Post-match presser, I cannot listen to it now, hope he'll be OK by tomorrow.
JF5RasuRtWg

acionescu
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, he destroyed his clay game with his eagerness to be better on HC.
I wish I could have seen him spank Nole's butt in Rome and see if we still had a Nole problem :rolleyes:

But losing the Wimbledon final to that robot is U N A C C E P T A B L E :(

Castafiore
11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Things would be a lot worse if Rafa had stayed a clay court king, though.
The whining about the gaps in his career if he'd only do well on clay would be deafening.

Losing that Wimbly final is unacceptable, I agree with that one.

MariaV
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah UNACCEPTABLE is the word.

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Post-match presser, I cannot listen to it now, hope he'll be OK by tomorrow.
JF5RasuRtWg

That was weird :confused: Of course, I have trouble understanding anyone that speaks English with a heavy accent. So as much as I love Rafa I don't always understand him. He was talking about his stomach problem, but said he didn't eat or do anything any differently before or during the Match. But his stomach problem started during the Match itself. But the interview went off on to topics like Noah's remarks and U.K. Taxes????? And Rafa while saying he still didn't feel "very good" didn't seem concerned about being sick and it was like he didn't have a idea about how he could get feeling better and really didn't seem to care if he got feeling better or not :help: He just seemed totally clueless about everything :eek: Which may be some of that was the fact that he was sick and just wasn't himself :help: :help: May be I need a translation of what he said myself? Also what didn't help me was since I'm the only one awake now I had to keep the volume low. I might could have understand better with more volume. Maybe I will try listening to it again when I can turn the volume up.

BTW thanks very much for posting this :)

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
ATP World Tour Finals 2011: Rafael Nadal edges past Mardy Fish in late-night thriller at the O2
Just as batsmen never order duck the night before a cricket match, perhaps it is unlucky to prepare for a tennis match against a man named Fish by eating the stuff.

Slam: Rafa Nadal is too much for Mardy Fish to handle Photo: REUTERS
By Simon Briggs, at the O2 Arena11:58PM GMT 20 Nov 2011 5 Comments
Rafael Nadal might certainly think so, after his unpleasant experience at the O2 Arena on Sunday night. Nadal was taken ill at the start of the third set, as the salmon and pasta he had eaten for lunch disagreed with him.
But he still managed to battle his way through to victory over Mardy Fish, the world No 8, in an epic encounter that lasted a whisker under three hours.
In its later stages, this was a match between two men in serious discomfort. Fish had come into the tournament with a damaged hamstring, and as he left the press conference he was limping painfully.
But at the final chair-break of Sunday’s match it was actually Nadal who looked more exhausted, slumping into his seat and staring down between his feet like a man searching for strength.
It must have taken all his determination to summon up a series of clutch serves in the tie-break, which he sealed for a 6-2, 3-6, 7-6 victory.

Well the press seems to dispute what I heard Rafa say??????

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Things would be a lot worse if Rafa had stayed a clay court king, though.
The whining about the gaps in his career if he'd only do well on clay would be deafening.

Losing that Wimbly final is unacceptable, I agree with that one.

I think the whining is pretty deafening now :lol:

Castafiore
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
^ they're just dumb, though. :)

acionescu
11-21-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm deaf to Rafa critics anyway :shrug:

Guest12315544
11-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I listened to the presser again. I heard Rafa confirming what the press said he ate, but Rafa didn't blame what he ate for causing the problem. I would love to have a print out of that presser, but I couldn't find one!

star
11-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I listened to the presser again. I heard Rafa confirming what the press said he ate, but Rafa didn't blame what he ate for causing the problem. I would love to have a print out of that presser, but I couldn't find one!

I looked for one too, and didnít find it. ATP. :rolleyes:

Guest12315544
11-22-2011, 12:43 AM
I looked for one too, and didnít find it. ATP. :rolleyes:

I agree about the ATP. But usually you can still find the presser in some paper somewhere. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding it :sad: :mad:

Mimi
11-22-2011, 05:28 AM
:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

solowyn
11-22-2011, 05:50 AM
I agree about the ATP. But usually you can still find the presser in some paper somewhere. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding it :sad: :mad:
Here you go: http://www.asapsports.com/show_event.php?category=7&date=2011-11-20&title=BARCLAYS+ATP+WORLD+TOUR+FINALS

Rafael Nadal

LONDON, ENGLAND

R. NADAL/M. Fish
6‑2, 3‑6, 7‑6

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you give us your thoughts on tonight's win.
RAFAEL NADAL: It was a very important victory for me, for the confidence, to start the tournament with positive feelings.
Was a good start for me. I think I played a very good first set after the break from the beginning. The second was hard. I had a big mistake with 1‑Love, 40‑15 for me in the beginning of the second. That was a lot of confidence for him. And after that, all the match was close.
The third set was a little bit more crazy, up and down. But I felt very bad from the stomach since the beginning of the third. I was seriously really lucky for the victory, and I for sure am very happy.

Q. Did he produce some of the best tennis he's played against you in the second and third sets with dropshots? Has he played as well against you before?
RAFAEL NADAL: He played aggressive for moments. He played good shots from the baseline, playing good serve and volleys. He played very well for moments. For another moments, with 3‑2, was a tough game for him. He didn't play his best game with the 3‑2. And the tiebreak, probably he had a lot of mistakes. So that's helping a lot, no?
But for the rest, I think he played well. I was happy to stay in the match because with the stomach and with the level what he's playing, so was a positive thing, no?

Q. You obviously have a fixed routine of stuff you eat out on court. Can you explain to yourself how it sort of suddenly started, this stomach stuff, in the beginning of the third set, and how do you feel now?
RAFAEL NADAL: I feel not very well now, no? I really need to come back to hotel and rest a little bit because I played for one hour suffering a lot. Because when you don't feel well, you have to keep running, all the muscles are more tired than usual. The feeling of my body is not the best now.
But, you know, I was there. Positive thing, I was mentally there all the time until the end. So that's give me the victory of the first match, and that's give me a lot of confidence. For sure an important victory to try to be in the semifinals.

Q. Do you think you'd eaten something?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I just eat some pasta before the match. For the lunch, I eat some pasta with salmon at the hotel. So nothing strange and nothing unusual. That's the true, no?
But during the match, start to feel something half of the second set. But really getting worst and worst at beginning of the third. After going to the toilet with the 2‑Love, I went with 2‑Love because I asked to the umpire that I needed to go to the toilet. I say to him, I need to go to the toilet. Can I go at the next changeover?
He told me I had to go before my serve. So that's why I had to go with the 2‑Love.
I said, Going to be crazy if I go with the 2‑Love.
But he told me that's better, so that's what I did.

Q. Did you take any medicine?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I take a Fortasec during the match to try to retain a little bit the stomach a little bit better, but nothing special. I cannot take nothing.

Q. Are you now worried about your next match?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I am worried about getting better for the practice of tomorrow. I think two days are enough.

Q. You were watching Roger Federer earlier. How do you feel he played?
RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't so much, that's the true. I saw the beginning of the first match, the first set there. Roger was playing well. Jo in the beginning, he didn't play his best in my opinion, even if Roger was playing well. I missed the second and I arrived here with 5‑4, went on the court with 5‑4, so I didn't see much.

Q. What are your thoughts on facing him next match?
RAFAEL NADAL: It will be a challenge for me. He's playing fantastic, winning two tournaments in a row, and now today. It will be a very difficult match. I will try.

Q. Do you have any comment on the remarks that Yannick Noah made a day or two ago?
RAFAEL NADAL: What's can I say? That's going to be difficult to explain what I feel in English. This guy deserve not write anymore in the newspaper, you know. What he said is completely stupid and he knows better than nobody. Say that today is a totally stupid thing because you know how many anti‑doping controls we are having during all the season year by year. So, in my opinion, his article, what he writed, was from a kid. And when one kid say something, is not painful for us. So that's what I feel.
I don't know how to say in English, but especially I think that's worst for French, for France. Is worst for his country than for our country, in my opinion, because the image of the country when one guy, important guy like him, say that, is terrible.

Q. Before the tournament you said maybe it would be better if the finals was not in London because of tax.
RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't say that. That's the beginning. I answer the first thing.

Q. Do you think the tax laws should be changed?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am nobody to say that. I am nobody to say that the tax rate must be changed. First thing, what I said have been taken out of context, for sure. Everything comes because I going to play at Halle next year, not Queen's. I am free to play where I want. I played in Queen's for the last four years. So Halle tried to watch me there another time after 2005. So I'm very happy to come back to Germany. I didn't play in Germany since 2008, so was three years outside of the country for playing. So for me is important to come back in Germany playing.
Queen's is fantastic tournament, historic tournament in a traditional tennis club, so that makes the tournament more special. But, you know, there is more tournaments on the tour even if Queen's is one of the best.

Q. So it's not a question of while the finals is in London you will not play Queen's?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am here and I am going to play in Wimbledon. So that's my answer, no? Is true that the tax situation here is tough for the sport, for the big events like this for sure. If I think about ourself, for sure the tax situation in the UK is too much for us.
But I am nobody to say that because every country do what they want for themselves.

Foxy
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Any news about Rafa? How is his stomach? Is he training good? Somebody in the house watching him?

Naudio Spanlatine
11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
well hopefully hes doing ok, he might not feel well in his match with fed, but hopefully he wont do too bad:sad:

Guest12315544
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks solowyn for finding a print out of the presser :bowdown: :worship: I have no idea how Rafa is feeling right now. I wish I did!

Guest12315544
11-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Roger already has a break in the 1st Set :bigcry:

born_on_clay
11-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Total embarrassment :o

!VamosRafa!
11-22-2011, 08:31 PM
6-3 6-0 :spit:
I predicted it to be in straights, but who expected a bagel? :help:

This is definitely the end of Rafa and it has been all year :shrug: I'm afraid he's already won his last Grand Slam and I think he will fall out of the top 10 in the next year and a half(mostly because he has a lot of points), and I can see him retiring in 2 years.

Guest12315544
11-22-2011, 08:47 PM
6-3 6-0 :spit:
I predicted it to be in straights, but who expected a bagel? :help:

This is definitely the end of Rafa and it has been all year :shrug: I'm afraid he's already won his last Grand Slam and I think he will fall out of the top 10 in the next year and a half(mostly because he has a lot of points), and I can see him retiring in 2 years.

I expected straights also, but not as bad as it turned out :sad: Still you must remember that Rafa had been ill plus playing indoors is Rafa's worse surface. So I wouldn't completely give up on him yet.

!VamosRafa!
11-22-2011, 09:22 PM
^ but he won 3 games :help:

he also lost 6-2 6-0 the last 2 sets in Tokyo to Murray :tape:

Is that the future we want from Rafa, or is it better if he just retired? :sad:

Foxy
11-22-2011, 09:35 PM
What? I watched it with a friend of mine who is actually a hater, and he said not to read too much out of it given the circumstances. We assumed it was in a way a tank knowing that a win against Tsonga will put him through regardless of what happens in the other match. Saving energy after the exhausting stomach problems is the best strategy. If he had retired he couldn't play the third match. So the next best thing was to play it easy. Probably it wasn't planned to be that bad but definitely he planned not to stay very long.

TennisOnWood
11-22-2011, 10:25 PM
What? I watched it with a friend of mine who is actually a hater, and he said not to read too much out of it given the circumstances. We assumed it was in a way a tank knowing that a win against Tsonga will put him through regardless of what happens in the other match. Saving energy after the exhausting stomach problems is the best strategy. If he had retired he couldn't play the third match. So the next best thing was to play it easy. Probably it wasn't planned to be that bad but definitely he planned not to stay very long.

Tank?? You will see against Tsonga was this a tank or he just don't have any power in his shots or any idea how to win a match

He is going home after RR, better for him and all of us

Guest12315544
11-23-2011, 12:22 AM
No I don't really think "tank" is a word that Rafa would even use much less actually do! But please remember he has been sick. A stomach problem takes a lot out of people anyway and to actually be playing tennis while the trouble is on going I just don't even want to think of how he must have felt at the time. And it takes time to recover from that. That illness just really occurred at a bad time not that there is ever really a good time to be ill!

MariaV
11-23-2011, 07:38 AM
No I don't really think "tank" is a word that Rafa would even use much less actually do! But please remember he has been sick. A stomach problem takes a lot out of people anyway and to actually be playing tennis while the trouble is on going I just don't even want to think of how he must have felt at the time. And it takes time to recover from that. That illness just really occurred at a bad time not that there is ever really a good time to be ill!

Exactly, he did not have enough power or energy yet after the stomach bug to play sublime Roger, and mind you the fist service games went OK.
This year is lost anyway, I am more worried about the DC final. He wants to give everything for his country but will it be enough after such devastating losses and horrible play on hard courts? He could do that after the USO final but can he do it again? :unsure:

Dee and others, the retirement talk after every loss is just ridiculous. Roger has gone through some worse times and people said it's the end of him, he should retire etc etc. See how he is playing now, won Basel and Paris.

Foxy
11-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Tank?? You will see against Tsonga was this a tank or he just don't have any power in his shots or any idea how to win a match

He is going home after RR, better for him and all of us

Tank is probably not the right word in the case. My bad. Call it - not using all cavalries so he buys a little more time to recover into the tournament especially knowing the result of the previous match. Why spend the small amount of energy he had after the draining stomach issues to the fullest in a match he most probably lose anyway. Even if he lose against Tsonga it does not prove the above statement false. He just couldn't recover in time after all. He will have enough time to recover for the Davis Cup though. Cheers.

Guest12315544
11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Well two good things right off about the D.C. Final is that it is on red clay and it is in Spain :woohoo: I'm sure it will help Rafa to be back in Spain on his red clay :) It's hard for me to hear retirement talk from people who claim they are his fans. Rafa is only 25 years old! Why talk about retirement for a player of that age? Tommy Haas is still on the Tour at age 33 after 3 shoulder surgeries, hip surgery, and I can't even remember all his other illnesses and injuries. Tommy just says he is on his 3rd Career on the ATP Tour :lol: Rafa should be around for a long time to come ;)

MariaV
11-23-2011, 09:03 AM
You're right Mae but imagine if Rafa should lose the DC final at his home. Now THAT would be completely totally and uttery devastating even more so than 0-6 to Nole this year. And I won't talk about it any more in order not to jinx him. :tape: :ignore:

Post-match presser video.
cLTKpTjs7z0

Guest12315544
11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
You're right Mae but imagine if Rafa should lose the DC final at his home. Now THAT would be completely totally and uttery devastating even more so than 0-6 to Nole this year. And I won't talk about it any more in order not to jinx him. :tape: :ignore:

Post-match presser video.
cLTKpTjs7z0

Do not go there :tape: :ignore: Players really amp it up for Davis Cup. I always use Andy Roddick as an example and say if Andy could have had as good of a career for himself and he did for the U.S.A. he would have had a wonderful career. Not that he has had a bad career, but when he is just Andy Roddick on clay he is awful when he is put on clay for a Davis Cup Match you would think that was his best surface! And now how much of what Rafa said will I be able to understand :lol: BTW thanks for posting the presser :)

Foxy
11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Sampras lost to Agassi 62 62 in RR then to reach the final and win it in straights in 1999 against Agassi.

MariaV
11-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks for that piece of encouraging info Foxy. ;)

Guest12315544
11-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Wow I understood every word and I hope all of Rafa's fans listen to that presser. He said it wasn't the end of the world and that he was going to keep fighting :yeah:

Foxy
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Wow I understood every word and I hope all of Rafa's fans listen to that presser. He said it wasn't the end of the world and that he was going to keep fighting :yeah:

I learned never to read too much into pressers anyway. He is not going to say it is the end of the world and that he will stop fighting. As he will never give any excuse if there is one. So it was a nice political style interview. Nothing more, nothing less.

MariaV
11-23-2011, 12:28 PM
But it isn't then end of the world and I'm glad he has positive attitude.
Although lately I read somewhere that the positive attitude and thinking positively doesn't really prevent from negative things happening. :o :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
im sure he wont get a bagel again, im positively sure he wont.......:tape: :tape: :tape: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

Naudio Spanlatine
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
davis cup here we come:rocker2:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/fashnuguess/Tennis%20players/Rafael/rafa704-tennis-davis-2009-esp-cze-nadal.jpg

Ben.
11-24-2011, 02:45 AM
Saw Rafa accepting his humanitarian award today, a class act as always :worship: Initially I was annoyed his group was playing first meaning I would miss the chance to see a Fedal match live, now I'm very glad I was able to turn it off :lol: Plus Berdych/Tipsy, and especially Ferrer the hero were both very enjoyable matches.

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm all for the start of the Davis Cup myself :)

Mimi
11-24-2011, 02:51 AM
i have little hope for rafa to be able to beat Tsonga :shrug:

do your best, rafa, don't get another bagel

:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Foxy
11-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Rafa has only 1 loss against Tsonga on hard courts and it was in 2008. He just needs to keep the ball in play and direct it to Tsonga's backhand. Tsonga will do the rest.

MariaV
11-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe it would be better for Rafa to lose so he'd get back to that clay in Seville. Although I'm not holding my breath about the DC either. It will be exciting for sure and I'll be happy for Argentina should they win, just hope Rafa won't get another blow to his confidence (the little that's left). :o :tape:

Here the presser transcript for those who'd like to read.

Q. How do you feel? I was sorry when you beat Federer 6‑1, 6‑3, 6‑Love in Roland Garros in 2008. I feel sorry tonight for you. I would like to know if there is some comparison, similar stories, or they have nothing to do one with the other? The score is too severe to be true in a way.
RAFAEL NADAL: The score is true. And today he played too good for me, and that's what happened. Just accept that. Just accept that today when you play against Federer and he's playing like this, the only way to stay in the match is have free points with the serve, because for the rest his level was too high in this surface. And I didn't had these free points as usual.
So finally the score was 6‑3, 6‑Love. Accept that, congratulate him because he played really well. You know, is not the moment to say good‑bye. Is not the moment to go down. Is the moment to keep fighting. I still in the tournament. I still having the chance to be in the semifinals because if I win the next match I will be in semifinals.
So is moment to keep fighting with positive attitude and is the moment to accept when he play like this he is better than me, and that's it.
When I beat him in the final of Roland Garros, the similar thing was the result; the different thing was the final of a Grand Slam and here is round robin match. That is the only difference. The rest I think he didn't had nothing to do in that match. I didn't had nothing to do today. That's all.

Q. You were mentioning it's a round robin match. Is one of the explanations that you didn't give a hundred percent because you know you can still make it to the semifinals or do you just feel tired at the end of a season?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I say something, I would lie you, and I normally don't lie the people.
I tried my best. I try my best always, no? But today I didn't play bad first set. That's funny, but I didn't play really bad. The serve, you know. He didn't have one mistake during all the match or two mistakes during all the match. Playing too aggressive.
No, I try my best. But seems wasn't enough tonight, huh?

Q. Is it then that you're tired?
RAFAEL NADAL: Now I am tired.
No, I was good. I was fine. I am fine.

Q. As you just said, you now have a chance to play Tsonga to make the semifinals. How do you rate your chances against Tsonga, another aggressive player with a big serve?
RAFAEL NADAL: We'll see, no? I have tomorrow to think about the match. I know him; he knows me. We played a lot of matches against each other. He's an explosive player, an aggressive one. I know that I have to play aggressive, I have to play long. If I play short, will be very difficult.
I have to be solid with my serve. If not, is impossible, because to have breaks against him is always a really difficult thing.
So we will see, no? I will have to try to play inside the court.
I didn't feel bad the ball today, so that's the important thing that I take to the hotel. Have a good practice tomorrow. Yesterday I didn't had the chance to practice. Hopefully for tomorrow I will have the chance to keep practicing, have a good practice, and prepare the match with all the positive things that I have. We'll see.

Q. Roger has a good record against you on indoor surfaces.
RAFAEL NADAL: He has a good record, no? A perfect record, 100%.

Q. What do you find is the difference when you play him indoors to other surfaces?
RAFAEL NADAL: I say the other day. First thing, his level is probably higher here. All the conditions are perfect for him because the bounces are not too high. He can go inside the court with less problems than in the other surfaces. He can play inside the court. The ball doesn't move nothing, no windy. He has the chance to attack better in these conditions than in other surfaces.
But, you know, look, if he plays like this in other surface, don't worry, he will beat me, too. That's the true.

Q. Roger said maybe you also paying your lack of competition. Do you regret maybe the break after Shanghai?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no, no. When the things are done, the things are done. I still believe that was a positive stop for me. And the world doesn't end in this tournament. This tournament is not end for me. But if the tournament is end, the life continues. The decisions is not only thinking about one tournament. I take decisions thinking about a global thing.
To prepare this tournament sometimes, if you have to take all the decisions thinking about the ranking, thinking about the next tournament, you will play in everywhere, because I have to play in Paris because it's a Masters 1000, because it's an important point for me to add to my ranking, and to prepare this tournament is maybe better play in Paris, yes.
But we think about everything, how was the match, the player who played more matches during all the year. Is my seventh year playing No.1, No. 2 guy with more matches in my shoulders. I play the final of Davis Cup. I only have two weeks and a half to practice after the Davis Cup final to prepare next season. That's the problem.
If my problems was only the Masters World Tour Finals, I would be in Paris. But disappointing for me I cannot be in everywhere. That's the true. And I have to do my calendar. I have to take decisions in my calendar. I have to take decisions thinking about what is better for my health and what is better for my tennis.
I believe for my tennis was better stop because sometimes you arrive to some situations, you are a little bit more blocked mentally than other ones. When you feel that, you need to stop.
That's what I felt after Shanghai. I was healthy. It was important for me stay healthy until the beginning of the next season, to keep practicing. I worked very well the last three weeks.
But the work doesn't show in the next tournament. You can work, but that's not means you're going to play fantastic in the next tournament. It's a long time work. But if you have only the chance to work two weeks and a half, is for sure not going to be enough.
But now I have three weeks of practice, two weeks of competition, two weeks and a half of practice. So that's almost one month and a half. Probably that works better than two weeks and a half.
And that's what I am trying, to prepare the next season about what I think is best, to prepare the next season and play well the next season.
I accept this season is not done because remain a few tournaments. But if I arrive with a little bit less preparation to these tournaments, I accept that, to try to prepare the next season better.
But seriously I am not disappointing about how ending here. I had the problem the first day. Today I accept he played a fantastic level. A very, very top level. Something very special only one player like Roger can arrive to. So accept that and keep fighting.
I will keep fighting on Thursday. If not, I going to fly back to Seville to fight for the final of Davis Cup. And later I'm going to practice.
Here we cannot stop and we cannot think about the past, what I done. What I done is the decisions I had to take, and I did it. I go forward with this.

Q. How does it work in your team after a match like that?
RAFAEL NADAL: Is an easy match to comment (smiling).

Q. But you go through it or just say, Forget it?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I accept normally the loses. I can talk. I know I was talking now in the locker room. But, you know, is not the first time that I lost a match like this, and not gonna be the last. :worship: Wise beyond his years Rafa.
The only thing is accept the things, try to find solutions. What I have to say? When he plays like this, he is better than me. I have my limits. He has his limits. Today my limit was there, his limit wasn't there. You know, when he plays like this in this surface, I have to accept that he's better player than me.
We'll see. I will try my best to play against him another time in this tournament.

Q. You said you didn't have a chance to practice yesterday. Were you still feeling unwell from the first day?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am perfect today.

Q. But yesterday you were still a bit...
RAFAEL NADAL: Was three hours of match. Last hour was really hard for me. You know, playing one hour without the right conditions, physical conditions, I had the problem in my shoulder a few weeks ago at home. So I felt perfect in that.
With that problem yesterday, I wake up with a problem on the shoulder another time, so I had to work a lot yesterday on the recover on the shoulder. Seriously yesterday I didn't know if I gonna be ready to play today. I tried to practice, and I didn't had that chance.
But that's for sure. Doesn't affect my match of today because I felt perfect today. At the same time for me is a positive day today because I played without problems and I can still play and continue in the tournament and I can still have chance.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=76176

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm glad you printed that out because I really liked what he said in that presser. He said a lot of things that I think some of his fans here need to hear.

Foxy
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Maybe it would be better for Rafa to lose so he'd get back to that clay in Seville. Although I'm not holding my breath about the DC either. It will be exciting for sure and I'll be happy for Argentina should they win, just hope Rafa won't get another blow to his confidence (the little that's left). :o :tape:

Here the presser transcript for those who'd like to read.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=76176

Forget about Seville. This is the tournament he needs to win! Assuming he will play Ferrer in the SF, of course if he beats Tsonga first, I really like his chances for the final. And actually prefer to play against Djokovic there. What a fitting end of the season for both of them, huh?

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:46 AM
I would rather focus on Seville myself. Rafa will have teammates there and everything won't be on him. Of course, I do admit to not really caring about the WTF that much at all.

born_on_clay
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Hard to say it, but Rafa ain't winning tonight :mad:

star
11-24-2011, 04:36 PM
He has a good record, no? A perfect record, 100%.

:lol: :lol:

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:13 PM
The only reason Rafa is still in the 1st Set is that Tsonga has donated a lot of points at the worse possible time for himself. Rafa forget it go back to Spain!

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:15 PM
We are now in a 1st Set TB. And the reason I'm posting here is the obvious one I don't want to go into GM :scared:

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:22 PM
The bad news is that Tsonga wins the 1st Set in a TB while the good news is Rafa is probably only one set away from getting out of London!

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:40 PM
They are on serve in the early in the 2nd Set. And there are 500 posters in GM :eek:

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:49 PM
They are still on Serve. And there are now 502 posters in GM :eek: :eek:

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:53 PM
3-3 2nd Set. And now the posters in GM are up to 513! I wonder what the biggest crowd was in GM ever?

Aenea
11-24-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm glad you printed that out because I really liked what he said in that presser. He said a lot of things that I think some of his fans here need to hear.

Like what for instance?

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 08:57 PM
That it wasn't the end of the world (his defeat by Federer) and that he was going to keep fighting! So many of Rafa's fans seem to have written him off, but clearly Rafa hasn't written himself off!

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:02 PM
4 all 2nd Set.

Aenea
11-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Whenever he loses a match he says the same things :rolleyes: nothing new. We've heard those words a thousand times. So what?
And about Rafa not writing himself off :confused: what are you expecting, him - one of the most popular tennis players with multi-millions £ contracts - to come to a PC and say "I am done. I am finished and thinking about retirement". Of course he will insist he is "working hard" and "fighting hard" but I prefer believing my eyes than my ears.

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:11 PM
This is not the best conditions for him to play in plus he has been sick. He could have withdrawn from the Tournament due to illness, but he won't do that. So yes he is still fighting as far as I'm concerned.

FlameOn
11-24-2011, 09:20 PM
OMG, he play unbelievable no? :o

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:20 PM
And Rafa wins the 2nd Set 6-4! Yes he is still fighting he will always fight!

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:26 PM
3rd Set is under way and Rafa won his 1st Service game and now Tsonga is serving.

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:27 PM
One all 3rd Set.

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Tsonga just broke Rafa in the 3rd Set and leads 2-1.

Guest12315544
11-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Now 3-1 Tsonga. This may be over now. And I can't really say I would mind for him to get out of London and back to Spain and his red clay!

acionescu
11-25-2011, 06:03 AM
My jinxing powers>>>>>>>>Peggy's jinxing powers :sport: :cool:

solowyn
11-25-2011, 06:46 AM
From Rafa's presser after the Tsonga match, says he's ready to work for 2012:

Rafael Nadal plans to be in "perfect" condition for the start of 2012 after admitting his passion for tennis dropped towards the end of this year.

Nadal was knocked out of the season-end ATP World Tour Finals with defeat by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on Thursday, his fourth defeat in 10 matches.

"I probably had a bit less passion for the game because I was more tired than usual," said the world number two.

"This was a tough year but I'll do all to be perfect for the start of 2012."

Nadal started 2011 top of the rankings but despite winning a sixth French Open crown, he was overtaken by Novak Djokovic during Wimbledon.

Match record won/lost: 66/13
Titles: 3 (French Open, Barcelona Open, Monte Carlos Masters)
Prize money: $6,363,218 (£4,115,381)

The Spaniard lost all six of his meetings with Djokovic - each in finals - and failed to win a non-clay court title for the first time since 2002.

After falling to the Serb at the US Open, he was beaten in the Tokyo final by Andy Murray - dropping the final set 6-0 - and succumbed to Florian Mayer in Shanghai.

He then took five weeks off ahead of the Tour Finals here at London's O2 Arena, where he scraped past Mardy Fish but was dispatched by Roger Federer and Tsonga.

He will represent Spain in the Davis Cup final against Argentina from 2-4 December before commencing his preparations for the new campaign.

"We can find excuses, we can find problems, but it's not the moment to say that - it's the moment to keep fighting," stated the 25-year-old. I have to work hard - working hard every day, morning, afternoon - if I'm going to have my chance to be competitive to win the big tournaments. My goal is there. My motivation, I hope, the same. I will do it."

"It's the moment to analyse what I did good, what I did bad, and know what I have to work on for the next month.

"The end of the year wasn't easy for me; that's hard to accept. But it gives me more of a goal for the beginning of 2012. I dream about arriving in 2012 with very good conditions."

When asked why his season tailed off after New York, Nadal told reporters he could spend an hour explaining.

But he preferred to focus on the future and his first goal is the Australian Open from 16-29 January.

"The only way to change the situation is to work more, think more about tennis, do everything in the right shape, do everything good inside the court, everything good outside the court," he added.

"I have to work hard - working hard every day, morning, afternoon - if I'm going to have my chance to be competitive to win the big tournaments.

"My goal is there. My motivation, I hope, the same. I will do it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/15885323.stm

Castafiore
11-25-2011, 06:57 AM
I read a report from some people who went to the WTF in London and they talked to one of the security guards. This man said that Rafa has a severe case of food poisoning and he added that people have no idea just how ill he's been. The guard finished by saying that Rafa is an amazing guy; Rafa contemplated retiring after the Fish match but decided against it and agreed to play against Federer by saying "let's give the public what it wants". :awww:

(credit to hen from VB so for those with a genuine interest, go there to read more)

Guest12315544
11-25-2011, 07:09 AM
I kept saying he was sick and the commentators kept saying he hadn't even been able to practice. But most of what I heard back was just about how bad he was playing. I thankfully have never had food poisoning, but have known people that have had it. And they all said they thought they were going to die and Rafa continued to play tennis! Considering everything he did the best he could and I think he should at least get some credit for that! And thanks solowyn for the print out of the presser :)

MariaV
11-25-2011, 07:24 AM
That it wasn't the end of the world (his defeat by Federer) and that he was going to keep fighting! So many of Rafa's fans seem to have written him off, but clearly Rafa hasn't written himself off!

Whenever he loses a match he says the same things :rolleyes: nothing new. We've heard those words a thousand times. So what?
And about Rafa not writing himself off :confused: what are you expecting, him - one of the most popular tennis players with multi-millions £ contracts - to come to a PC and say "I am done. I am finished and thinking about retirement". Of course he will insist he is "working hard" and "fighting hard" but I prefer believing my eyes than my ears.

We'll see next year, we'll see next year if he'll be able to 'come back'.
But his serve was atrocious. :help:x10000000000000
I understand he had no power after the food poisoning and yes I have no idea how draining a food poisoning can be but PUH-LEEEEEEEEEASE, couldn't they pay to this bad dude that took away his USO 2010 serve so he'd give it back to Rafa. All the hatas claim Rafa will never be able to serve like this but I'd still like to believe it's possible. Wishful thinking probably. :o

My jinxing powers>>>>>>>>Peggy's jinxing powers :sport: :cool:

Yeah it's not something to gloat about. :o :p ;)

MariaV
11-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Oh, the POSITIVE SILVER LINING - we won't have 0-7 to Djokovic after all! :D :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

MariaV
11-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Uhmm, one more post - maybe the atrocious serve has to do with the shoulder problems he had before WTF. I hope he'll really be injury- and illness-free next year, that would be my NY wish for him. :o :lol: This year starting with cold/flu and ending with food poisoning is really one to forget. :(

TennisOnWood
11-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Forget about Seville. This is the tournament he needs to win! Assuming he will play Ferrer in the SF, of course if he beats Tsonga first, I really like his chances for the final. And actually prefer to play against Djokovic there. What a fitting end of the season for both of them, huh?

How on Earth he could win this with such poor level and no power in shots? And forget about David, did you watched Federer this week, we really don't need another bagel from him?

MariaV
11-25-2011, 08:55 AM
How on Earth he could win this with such poor level and no power in shots? And forget about David, did you watched Federer this week, we really don't need another bagel from him?

Honey, Rafa is out of WTF already so no more yummy bagels. ;) :hug:
Hope he can recover his strength for the DC final next week. I mean actually the start of the match vs Fed wasn't that bad, and the score vs Tsonga wasn't that bad either if you consder he was recovering from a food poisoning. Tsonga has been playing really well lately and has swept Rafa off the court in the past.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-25-2011, 04:36 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:
i jus hope that davis cup will help him with his confidence, he needs it:hug: :hug: :hug: :smooch:

Foxy
11-25-2011, 07:10 PM

One advice, mate, never ever give in!

Start da Game
11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
start da game greets fellow original nadal fans......foxy, nadal_power, mae, super di, dee and co., we will win real tournaments like slams......i am glad nadal's done with world toast finals, there's no need to try too hard at this point of the year......history awaits him in 2012......

Guest12315544
11-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Uhmm, one more post - maybe the atrocious serve has to do with the shoulder problems he had before WTF. I hope he'll really be injury- and illness-free next year, that would be my NY wish for him. :o :lol: This year starting with cold/flu and ending with food poisoning is really one to forget. :(

Yes I think a lot of Rafa problems have been injury and illness related. He plays such a grinding style of tennis which is normally hard on the player he is playing against, but I think it now maybe hard on Rafa's own body! If he could just stay healthy I think that would go along way for him to have a great year in 2012! But can he do that?

Guest12315544
11-25-2011, 10:46 PM
start da game greets fellow original nadal fans......foxy, nadal_power, mae, super di, dee and co., we will win real tournaments like slams......i am glad nadal's done with world toast finals, there's no need to try too hard at this point of the year......history awaits him in 2012......

I sincerely hope so :D Vamos Rafa in 2012 ;)

Ben.
11-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Too early to talk about 2012. Davis Cup is very important for obvious reasons. At home on clay against two rested guys who give him a lot of trouble and will only be feeling more confident after seeing what happened this week. He needs to make sure he gets that done.

Foxy
11-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Too early to talk about 2012. Davis Cup is very important for obvious reasons. At home on clay against two rested guys who give him a lot of trouble and will only be feeling more confident after seeing what happened this week. He needs to make sure he gets that done.

Don't worry about Davis Cup. It is already a done deal. Nalbandian and Del Potro have no chance of taking even a set off Nadal and Ferrer even if the latter are at 25%. I am already thinking about Abu Dhabi, Doha and AO swing.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
VAMOS ESPANA........................forever:devil:

MariaV
11-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Don't worry about Davis Cup. It is already a done deal. Nalbandian and Del Potro have no chance of taking even a set off Nadal and Ferrer even if the latter are at 25%. I am already thinking about Abu Dhabi, Doha and AO swing.

Don't jinx it Foxy! :armed: That would be the final nail in the coffin. :tape:

The last presser transcript.

J. TSONGA/R. Nadal
7‑6, 4‑6, 6‑3

Q. Can you give us your thoughts on that match and how well Jo played, how difficult it was against him tonight.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, first thing I have to talk about myself. I think I didn't play well tonight. The first two sets I didn't play bad, but I didn't play well, and to win these kind of matches you have to play well. I played without nothing special tonight, no?
Jo knows where I hit every ball during the point. I didn't had surprise shots during all the match. So that's very difficult at this level, no?
I was solid, but to slow with the legs. The forehand didn't had enough pain to him. And backhand normal, okay?
After the second set, the end of the second set, I was in a little bit better position than him. At the beginning of the third, the same. But I didn't play enough well. When I felt the match was little bit more to me than to him, beginning of the third, I played little bit too anxious to win that match.
So that's what happened. If the two first sets wasn't bad, but wasn't good, the third was disaster. That's the true, no?
He's a dangerous player. For sure is not easy to play against him, big serve, aggressive player. To play against these kind of players, you have to do something else more, no, and I didn't.
Best of luck for him. Congratulations to Jo. He deserved tonight more than me.

Q. Do you feel that you haven't been at your very best form since the US Open? If so, why would that be?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, in the Davis Cup of Spain after US Open, I played great. In Tokyo I played one of my best sets of the year against Murray, the first set. Yeah, after that wasn't my best, that's true.

Q. Why is that?
RAFAEL NADAL: Seriously I can talk one hour for that. Is because of lot of things. Because probably I was little bit less passion for the game probably because I was a little bit more tired than usual.
I happy how I practiced last three weeks. That's the true. Very happy with the right attitude to play tennis. That's important because I was in the right way. But to compete I wasn't in the right way.
We can find excuses, we can find problems for more time, but is not the moment to say that. Is the moment to, you know, still fighting. Is the moment to say the season is over. I had good season. Happy for that. Not happy about a few things during the season.
And now is the moment to analyze little bit more what I did good, what I did bad, and for sure know in what about I have to practice for the next month. That's all.
Watch through the Australian Open and have the right practice, continue with the right practice like I had the last three weeks. And that's the only way to try to arrive to the 2012 season with the right conditions. That's about I dream, try to arrive in 2012 with very good conditions, and I going to practice and I going to do it all in my hands to be perfect for the beginning of 2012.
This end of the year wasn't easy for me. That's hard to accept. But at the same time that's give me little bit more of illusion and little bit more goal for the beginning of 2012. That's what I going to try.

Q. How confident are you that you can recover your form in time for the Davis Cup?
RAFAEL NADAL: We'll see. I don't know. I don't know.
That's completely different conditions. I going to be for one week practicing on clay. Even if I am not playing perfect, the surface help me. Because sometimes little bit more about confidence, sometimes little bit more about the movement. I was a little bit slower than usual, but I think I was a little bit slower than usual because my mind wasn't perfect, so the reaction was late.
So on clay I have more time to think. The movements are a little bit easier for me. I going to have the right team there supporting me and practicing hard. I will be try my best every day to try to win the Davis Cup for my country. I'm lucky, the team, not only myself, if I'm not in the right conditions, the captain can choose another player. :yeah:

Q. How eager are you still to be out there competing? It's not been a particularly easy year for you. Is your level of confidence and eagerness to get out there and play still as strong as it's ever been?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, this year was a tough year for me, no? I think was positive one for moments, but at the same time was hard for moments. Accept what happen during all the season, needs time for the think.
The only thing, the only important thing, today I say I didn't have big expectations for this tournament. I know how I arrive. Always you dream that the situation can change. If I win today, you never know.
But the thing, the normal thing, is what happened. Accept, the only way to accept. And I know only one way to change situation is to work more, think more about tennis, do everything in the right shape, do everything good inside the court, everything good outside the court. And that's what I going to try to do for the next month and for the rest 12 months of 2012. That's what I can say. That's what I can do.
If one player do better than me or another player is better than me, accept, congratulate the opponent. But what I have to do is try to arrive to my best, to be with calm with myself. That's all.
That's what I feel today I didn't, and I need to do for next year.

Q. Are there similarities with 2009?
RAFAEL NADAL: Oh, no, no.

Q. How is it different?
RAFAEL NADAL: Completely different situation, I think. First of all, I never like to compare the situations. But second thing, you know, 2009, I had different kind of problems. This year is a completely different year.
Is not the same situation, especially because I am two years older (smiling).

Q. You were saying a little while ago about the passion had dropped a little bit. Has that happened before to this extent like you've experienced this time? While you were going through that, how frustrating was it?
RAFAEL NADAL: Oh, 'frustration' is not the right word for me. I am happy. I am here. I qualified like No. 2 of the world for the World Tour Finals. I am here playing in a fantastic stadium. I never dreamed about that if you tell me 15 years before.
So frustration is another things.
In your career you have moments here, you have moments here, you come back, you go down. And today is not my best moment because I need not a lot of things. Because the experience says me to change are just small things, but these small thing change at the end of the day a lot of things.
That's what I have to do: work hard, working hard every day, morning, afternoon. I going to have my chance for next year to be competitive to win the big tournaments.
My illusion is there. My motivation I hope the same. I will do it. If not enough, is not going to be enough. But I will be satisfied with myself.
See you next year.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=76216
Cya Rafa! :kiss:

Guest12315544
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks for posting :) But "My Illusion is there" :scared: I hope that was just a break down in Rafa's English!