WTF speculation-best chance for big 4 upset [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WTF speculation-best chance for big 4 upset

MuzzahLovah
10-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Which of the little 4, and possible contenders, have the best chance of pulling an upset of one or more of the big 4?

Little 4:
Ferrer (qualified) :cool:
Berdych :lick:
Fish :yawn:
Tsonga :D

Possible(but unlikely) contenders(based on points/playing calender):
Tipsy :facepalm:
Delpony :sad:
Gillou :cheerleader:

Roadmap
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
The grey clay of the 02 arena will work against Tsonga.

Pirata.
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
None of them.

Certinfy
10-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Berdych will beat Federer if they play. Tsonga has a fairly decent chance himself.

shiaben
10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Tsonga out of those 4. He's defeated everyone at the slams. So I'm going with him, and even if the surface sucks for him, he'll probably get it done in 3. Won't beat all of them, but wouldn't be surprised if he at least surprised one.

shiaben
10-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I think while logically Fish or Berdych should have great chances, I think Tsonga's self-confidence has gone up. He'll want to make a statement here. It's an opportunity, and he should make the most of it.

Saberq
10-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Berdych will beat Federer if they play. Tsonga has a fairly decent chance himself.

LOL.....indoors where Federer is the best in the world still

rocketassist
10-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Not arsed as long as Nadal or Djokovic don't win the thing.

Sham Kay
10-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Highest chance for multiple upsets: Tsonga

Lowest chance: Ferrer

Topspindoctor
10-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Fish in WTF :facepalm:

Anyway, Mugray isn't really part of the big 4 as he's slamless and fails on the big stage so him losing to someone like Clownga would not qualify as an upset.

fast_clay
10-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Highest chance for multiple upsets: Tsonga

Lowest chance: Ferrer

yeah... i'd have:

1. Tsonga
2. Fish
3. Berdych
4. Ferrer

i'm actually looking forward to fish playing in this event... hopefully he gets there...

Saberq
10-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Not arsed as long as Nadal or Djokovic don't win the thing.

it must suck being you this year huh?

Mountaindewslave
10-24-2011, 01:11 AM
I could see any of them upsetting players, who knows

Stronga23
10-24-2011, 01:12 AM
If Gael gets in he is the most dangerous player in the field because of his all-around variety and weapons and he is coming to the net quite frequently now aside from the USO loss he has been on fire since the French Open.

paseo
10-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Fed, Nadal and Djokovic might get upseted (is this word even exist?), but no one will upset Murray. He'll take this.

Somebody make the WWW thread for WTF already! I want to vote for Murray ASAP.

Saberq
10-24-2011, 01:28 AM
If Gael gets in he is the most dangerous player in the field because of his all-around variety and weapons and he is coming to the net quite frequently now aside from the USO loss he has been on fire since the French Open.

LOL come on.......Nadal,Fed and Novak own him

Fed, Nadal and Djokovic might get upseted (is this word even exist?), but no one will upset Murray. He'll take this.

Somebody make the WWW thread for WTF already! I want to vote for Murray ASAP.

nice trolling

MuzzahLovah
10-24-2011, 01:31 AM

I think he's too low in in the race/not playing enough in the remaining tourneys too qualify realistically- he's a thousand points out side of the top 8, and given that he's not playing this week, it looks like a tall order.

rocketassist
10-24-2011, 01:40 AM
it must suck being you this year huh?

Specifically a YEC thing this one. Don't want Nadal to win so he remains YEC-less and Djokovic mustn't win so that he doesn't match Fed's accomplishments in 04 and 06.

MuzzahLovah
10-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Interestingly, Tsonga has big wins against Nadal and Federer this year on grass, but hasn't beaten Murray in years. Fish has split the last two meetings against Nadal
Only Del Potro has beaten Djokovic this year outside of the top 4, but he just lost to Blake in straight sets...
Berdych has won the last 3/4 against Fed, and hasn't beaten Nadal in years. Interestingly, he's only played Murray 3 times, winning in straights in 2010 on clay, but their next most recent match was in 2006, when Murray was a teen.

Ferrer is 0-11 vs. Fed, but does have a hardcourt win against Nadal this year. He's lost the last two matches against Murray in straights, and has never beaten Murray on hard.

Should they end up in the right groupings, there could be a few upsets. Somehow I doubt they'll be in the right groupings.

Topspindoctor
10-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Knowing the crooked London organizers, they'll attempt to give Mugray a cakewalk draw with mugs like Ferrer and Fish in his RR, giving him a free SF spot. :o Last year was a joke - he made SF despite getting thrashed by the Swiss geezer and people still think all draws are made to favor Nadal :superlol:

Saberq
10-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Specifically a YEC thing this one. Don't want Nadal to win so he remains YEC-less and Djokovic mustn't win so that he doesn't match Fed's accomplishments in 04 and 06.

you must live a sad life if you cling on Fed's past glory to make you happy........please dont let Djokovic win so that Fed's season stays the best ever....

rocketassist
10-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Knowing the crooked London organizers, they'll attempt to give Mugray a cakewalk draw with mugs like Ferrer and Fish in his RR, giving him a free SF spot. :o Last year was a joke - he made SF despite getting thrashed by the Swiss geezer and people still think all draws are made to favor Nadal :superlol:

He had Soderling in his draw, an indoor clown indeed :lol: Nadal had Berdych and Roddick! Why do you come out with stuff just to get reactions?

rocketassist
10-24-2011, 02:09 AM
you must live a sad life if you cling on Fed's past glory to make you happy........please dont let Djokovic win so that Fed's season stays the best ever....

I'd rather a player of Federer's style holds a record like that. Shoot me.

MatchFederer
10-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Somebody outside the top 10, probably.

paseo
10-24-2011, 04:17 AM
nice trolling

Me? Trolling? No. Never done it in my life. In fact, this is the first time I heard of the word. Had to google it to know what it means.

ON TOPIC :
Berdych is a giant killer (who will never become a giant himself), and Tsonga too, I guess. These two might upset Fed and/or Nadal. Murray is in hot form. No one will upset him. If he were to lose, it will be to Fed/Nadal/Djokovic. But I'll stick with my prediction, Murray will win WTF. Probably beating Djokovic in the final.

Topspindoctor
10-24-2011, 04:44 AM
He had Soderling in his draw, an indoor clown indeed :lol: Nadal had Berdych and Roddick! Why do you come out with stuff just to get reactions?

Nadal had Berdych (huge server, flat hitter), Duck (best serve, beat him earlier this year on slower court) and Djoker (great hard courter who spanked him many times on the surface), while Mugray had Ferrer who is not really a factor, Federer who he has superior H2H in best of 3 and Soderling who is good indoors, but Mugray is a bad match for him.

The organizers miscalculated greatly that Olderer gained some form and annihilated Pushray in straights. However he still managed to BS his way to semis thanks to Soderling playing like shit and Ferrer being a typical walking BYE in any tournament that matters.

This year, I see the organizers playing it even safer - watch Mugray easily making it through his RR matches by beating clowns like Fish.

MatchFederer
10-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Me? Trolling? No. Never done it in my life. In fact, this is the first time I heard of the word. Had to google it to know what it means.

ON TOPIC :
Berdych is a giant killer (who will never become a giant himself), and Tsonga too, I guess. These two might upset Fed and/or Nadal. Murray is in hot form. No one will upset him. If he were to lose, it will be to Fed/Nadal/Djokovic. But I'll stick with my prediction, Murray will win WTF. Probably beating Djokovic in the final.

Beating Djokovic in the final, are you serious?

How on Earth is Djokovic going to be able to get to the final of WTF?

Benny_Maths
10-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Nadal had Berdych (huge server, flat hitter), Duck (best serve, beat him earlier this year on slower court) and Djoker (great hard courter who spanked him many times on the surface), while Mugray had Ferrer who is not really a factor, Federer who he has superior H2H in best of 3 and Soderling who is good indoors, but Mugray is a bad match for him.

The organizers miscalculated greatly that Olderer gained some form and annihilated Pushray in straights. However he still managed to BS his way to semis thanks to Soderling playing like shit and Ferrer being a typical walking BYE in any tournament that matters.

This year, I see the organizers playing it even safer - watch Mugray easily making it through his RR matches by beating clowns like Fish.

Federer. :worship:

MuzzahLovah
10-24-2011, 05:37 AM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjt7koCOO1qzvhq4o1_500.gif

MuzzahLovah
10-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Anyway, Mugray isn't really part of the big 4 as he's slamless and fails on the big stage so him losing to someone like Clownga would not qualify as an upset.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjwh5hv3M1qc4x8i.gif

henke007
10-24-2011, 07:52 AM
This WTF:o

Reactions when the final 8 were presented
http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/federer_ferrer.jpg

Li Ching Yuen
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Depends on the groups and if Tsonga and Fish like the surface and the bounce.

I'd love to watch a Berdych - Federer in the round-robin. I've always liked this match-up, even when Feddy was schooling the big Czech.

helvet empire
10-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I actually see Ferrer beat Nadal if they meet

Rodre Fegassi
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM

Murray won't make it past the RR. Anytime he plays a top player he's kind of expected to lose so agree it won't qualify as an upset.

But I disagree with you thinking that Nadal had it difficult last year. This is based on the knowledge that you consider every human being on the face of the planet apart from Nadal a mug. So, Berdych is a mug. So Nadal should have no trouble beating him in straights with bakery thrown in. Only Djokovic is not a mug - so Nadal should be a complete lock for the final to face him in every tournament he enters.

romismak
10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
This will be great WTF- Roger trying to broke record with 6 WTFīs titles, Nole need WTF for his super season to be best ever- or one of best ever, Andy need WTF, because has great form and it is biggest home event besides WImby and Rafa donīt want without WTF his career.

Those 4 are i think 90% in- Ferrer, Berdych, Tsonga, Fish so we will have 2x from big 4 and 2 from this guys in RR group.

Ferrer will be most likely 5th seeded, but i think he is clearly worst- it is not his fault if WTF would be played on clay it would be better for him but indoor HC just isnīt his best surface. Big 4 is better and Tsonga, Berdych, Fish has better serves and are generally better indoor players. So Ferrer wonīt upset anyone - against Federer he is 0-million, against Rafa- he wonīt beat him in rallies more than Rafa him so Rafa will win and Nole - his form is question, but still normally he should beat Ferrer indoors.

Tsonga - I think has shot against everyone except Murray. Murray is just bad match-up for him, bad H2H, has chance against Roger if he will serve great and play agressive- also depends how good Roger will be - if he will play like last year Tsonga canīt beat him. Nole - Tsonga has positive H2H and Nole probably wonīt be 100% but we will see and Nadal- i lik ehis chances here. It is low bouncing indoor and Rafa hates to play big serve- agressive players, they just donīt let him play his game.

Berdych - Similar to Tsonga, can beat Fed, Nole, has very negative H2H with Rafa but still if Berdych is in form, he can beat Rafa for sure. Wonīt beat Murray, Murray is just bad matchup for Tsonga- Berdych, he can erase their serves with his ROS, has great 1st serve by himself and can play unbelievable defense, consistent rallies and they will make errors.

Fish - I think just like Ferrer he will loose 3 matches- if not with Ferer in same RR group. Fish is good player, but simply not good enough, Maybe if playing great can win 1 match but not more.

Saberq
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Beating Djokovic in the final, are you serious?

How on Earth is Djokovic going to be able to get to the final of WTF?

he won that tournament in 2008 idiot and he is far the best player in the world....

Sham Kay
10-24-2011, 12:20 PM
he won that tournament in 2008 idiot and he is far the best player in the world....
Which confirms that Djokovic will be lucky to get through the group stage.

MatchFederer
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Looks like MR IQ 150 dumbshitass can't tell when he's being trolled.

Near 1 - Saberk or.. whatever -- oh wait there it is in the QUOTE -- Saberq 0.

Tough luck cheesecake.

Saberq
10-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Looks like MR IQ 150 dumbshitass can't tell when he's being trolled.

Near 1 - Saberk or.. whatever -- oh wait there it is in the QUOTE -- Saberq 0.

Tough luck cheesecake.

your post didnt look like trolling ..

MatchFederer
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
your post didnt look like trolling ..

Welcome to the art of flawless trolling. Bad luck!

Watch out for next time, Saberq, for I'm as sneaky as they come.

Now, bow down before me.

Saberq
10-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the art of flawless trolling. Bad luck!

Watch out for next time, Saberq, for I'm as sneaky as they come.

Now, bow down before me.

Oh now I see it better ...nice trolling

Sapeod
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Fish in WTF :facepalm:

He's ranked #3, so yes, he is part of the top 4. And he can beat any of the players here. Nadal can be beaten by anyone there if they play well. Federer can be beaten by Berdych. Tsonga could beat Djokovic. Murray? The only players that can beat him here are Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, who he can beat.

Roadmap
10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Murray's victory over Djokovic at the WTF could be either his 5th win in seven matches over the Serb or his 6th win in eight matches depending on whether they play each other in Paris.

Saberq
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
He's ranked #3, so yes, he is part of the top 4. And he can beat any of the players here. Nadal can be beaten by anyone there if they play well. Federer can be beaten by Berdych. Tsonga could beat Djokovic. Murray? The only players that can beat him here are Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, who he can beat.

Murray can be beaten by 10 other players ....

Saberq
10-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Murray's victory over Djokovic at the WTF could be either his 5th win in seven matches over the Serb or his 6th win in eight matches depending on whether they play each other in Paris.

4>0 number 1 VS number 3 and time for you to go to ignore

Roadmap
10-24-2011, 03:55 PM
4>0 number 1 VS number 3 and time for you to go to ignore

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=knickers%20in%20a%20twist&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CHIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fdefine. php%3Fterm%3Dknickers%2520in%2520a%2520twist&ei=iImlTt2jEoOR8gPzuJSZBQ&usg=AFQjCNH-jAtCvkPlLVNs-o_QkldGAsqkPQ :D

Saberq
10-24-2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=knickers%20in%20a%20twist&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CHIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fdefine. php%3Fterm%3Dknickers%2520in%2520a%2520twist&ei=iImlTt2jEoOR8gPzuJSZBQ&usg=AFQjCNH-jAtCvkPlLVNs-o_QkldGAsqkPQ :D

I forgot to put you on ignore lol

Sapeod
10-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Murray can be beaten by 10 other players ....
I'm talking about the ones been discussed her. Berdych? No. Fish? No, not in this form. Ferrer? Ha, no. Tsonga? No, not in this form. That leaves the rest of the Big 4, who can beat him, but he can also beat them. He'll most definitely beat Federer. Probably Nadal too. And Djokovic isn't exactly harder to beat than those 2 for him.

Djokovic has been beaten by Tsonga a lot. Fish beat Nadal a while ago, as can Berdych on these hardcourts. Berdych has beaten Federer before pretty easily. Tsonga could as well. Ferrer is the only player than can't really do anything to any of them, except perhaps Nadal. Murray doesn't have any bad matchups in the lower players, unlike the other Big 4.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-24-2011, 04:47 PM
defo Jo.
On those relatively fast courts he should wipe the court with djokovic and fish. If he won't be in clown mode again.

Saberq
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm talking about the ones been discussed her. Berdych? No. Fish? No, not in this form. Ferrer? Ha, no. Tsonga? No, not in this form. That leaves the rest of the Big 4, who can beat him, but he can also beat them. He'll most definitely beat Federer. Probably Nadal too. And Djokovic isn't exactly harder to beat than those 2 for him.

Djokovic has been beaten by Tsonga a lot. Fish beat Nadal a while ago, as can Berdych on these hardcourts. Berdych has beaten Federer before pretty easily. Tsonga could as well. Ferrer is the only player than can't really do anything to any of them, except perhaps Nadal. Murray doesn't have any bad matchups in the lower players, unlike the other Big 4.

I thought we are talking overall....because Murray lost to some mugs a lot....and how do you figure Murray will beat Federer?

MuzzahLovah
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I thought we are talking overall....because Murray lost to some mugs a lot....and how do you figure Murray will beat Federer?

8-6

Saberq
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
8-6

I thought you had me on ignore man?yeah but that is nothing ....Djokovic leads Murray 6-4 or something but I dont expect him to beat Murray every time you know?

Egreen
10-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Tsonga.

chowdahead25
10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Tipsarevic. Book it.