Nole is the reason for Tipsarevic & Troicki's success [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nole is the reason for Tipsarevic & Troicki's success

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Nole is the one who drove his country men forward.
If his calming and inspiring aura was not there these two players would not be as highly ranked as they are.

Think back to 2008.

Players were afraid of Federer. Guys like Davydenko and Blake would kneel in front of Federer in every match.

In the Australian Open 2008, Tipsarevic spoke to Djokovic before his match against Fed.
Nole inspired him to fight and man up. Through those methods he stood up to Fed and took him to 5 sets.

Nole not only has the tennis abilities but leadering abilities to mold his countrymen which led to a Davis Cup win.

Something you can argue other "greats" were unable to do.

American278
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
If his calming and inspiring aura was not there these two players would not be as highly ranked as they are.

Think back to 2008.

Players were afraid of Federer. Guys like Davydenko and Blake would kneel in front of Federer in every match.

In the Australian Open 2008, Tipsarevic spoke to Djokovic before his match against Fed.
Nole inspired him to fight and man up. Through those methods he stood up to Fed and took him to 5 sets.

Nole not only has the tennis abilities but leadering abilities to mold his countrymen which led to a Davis Cup win.

troicki had succes?

alter ego
10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Naudio Spanlatine
10-23-2011, 04:26 PM
but it took janko and viktor the davis cup win to really be more confident and consistant on tour this year to be quite honest, after viktor won that epic 5setter for the win he felt like the hero afterwards, it kinda remind me of how fernando verdasco won in the davis cup final in 2008 when he also won a 5setter he had more confidance than EVER before(lemme mind you that the spainards did it w/o rafa), janko was the first with an upset over andy roddick in 3rd round wimby in 2008

xdrewitdajx
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
troicki had succes?

relative to his career up to that point?
career high ranking of #12, career best result at a GS (4th rd), career best result at a Masters (QF), best win%, reached 2 finals for the first time ever. (thanks wikipedia)
Yes, 2011 was a success for him.
Could have been much better, even, he had an excellent chance at a SF at the French Open, as crazy as that sounds. And he should have done better at the USO.

Henry Chinaski
10-23-2011, 05:03 PM
less than subtle Fed-bashing thread from an ex-Rafatard now firmly on the Djokovic bandwagon.

Next.

Snowwy
10-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Do you think Stan would have reached the top 10 without Roger? Hard to say, but I think other greats have also helped their countries.

MaxPower
10-23-2011, 05:09 PM

Think back to 2008.

How about Borg and all the swedes that followed him. Not only multiple slam winners like Wilander and Edberg but Sweden had 15ppl in the maindraw of a slam in the 80s. Also won multiple DCs following Borg, not only one.

Tennis didn't start in 2010...

cutesteve22
10-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Tipsarevic & Troicki have success?

romismak
10-23-2011, 05:15 PM
How about Borg and all the swedes that followed him. Not only multiple slam winners like Wilander and Edberg but Sweden had 15ppl in the maindraw of a slam in the 80s. Also won multiple DCs following Borg, not only one.

Tennis didn't start in 2010...

Agree with this. Borg is by far in history the biggest player in term of influence in his country. Borg was just simply amazing that he came, was ,,unbeatable,, retired early and then golden generation of swedish tennis came- guys that watched him in TV and so on. Nobody can compete with Borg in this. About Nole - yes he helped Janko and Viktor, as friend-motivation and so on, they both mentioned it, but i think DC victory was as much important for their success this season.

Nole Rules
10-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Well said, mate.

niksonion
10-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Well "mate",they have a lot of success-in some way if you "pull" a parallel,they achieved so much more then US players of the present time, especially if You take into account from where they come from, how they grew up, what conditions they had...So speaking, their success is huge, so that is reason why your jokes and irony are very miserable

m9m9m9m9m9
10-24-2011, 02:45 AM
Tipsy, Troicki and success in a same sentence :worship:
just makes me lol

tensyo
10-24-2011, 06:03 AM
No, they are all on the egg

murex
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Tipsarevic & Troicki have success?
If I see well,you are from USA...Do you know: where is Serbia, how many people have and how many have had problems in the last 20 years.
USA has 500 million people-Serbian only 10 million people ... Serbia had three wars in last 20 years ... where the Serbian tennis now against the U.S. tennis?
Read something and you will find out where the Serbian success in tennis!:wavey:

henke007
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
what success, tipsy has won 2 of the worst 250.s known to man?!

Rodre Fegassi
10-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Nole has success?

Wake me up when he gets 17 slams.

Time Violation
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
what success, tipsy has won 2 of the worst 250.s known to man?!

That's two more than he had in his career so far :)

Sham Kay
10-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Nole, Davis cup, Serbian unity. Ignoring the OP and his intentions, with regards to the thread title- Yeah, I'll have to agree with that to some extent. However, he is not just THE reason.

The success they've had and will have in the future should still be primarily attributed to their own skill and effort to better their game and competitiveness at the highest level. Inspiration can only take you so far. That should not be forgotten.

fast_clay
10-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Eggman for President.

I love you Eggman

MatchFederer
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Dr Robotnik, or was it a brother or a son? I can't remember.

All I know is Sonic kicks the Eggman's ass.

In fact, I'm sure Dr Robotnik is probably the genius who really invented the egg.

Vida
10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
he spurred them onto greater heights, definitely.

MatchFederer
10-24-2011, 01:33 PM
he spurred them onto greater heights, definitely.

I love how you keep it real and straight to the point.

No messing.

Vida
10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
I love how you keep it real and straight to the point.

No messing.

none.

;)

abraxas21
10-24-2011, 01:39 PM
why the hell did my posts get deleted?

i was just helping R=FK's campaign for ACC leadership

Silver.
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
"Leadering ability" :lol: lets not go over the top, for starters, that's not a word.

Anyway, I think the fact that Nole's record breaking year has coincided with two of his fellow compatriots having the best years of their careers, is no coincidence. It's quite obvious Janko is awed by Nole's achievements and he has no doubt inspired him to achieve. I read an article recently about the state of American tennis - Roddick was claiming that the air of competitiveness increases as individuals start doing well. Fish had an outstanding run, Young and Harrison also had some good runs around a similar time. So even though Janko/Troicki bend over when drawn against their God aka Nole the competitiveness will also be a factor for their successes. Seeing their friend do well, and wanting to achieve similar feats - gain the admiration Nole gets.

Those saying that they haven't had any success is ridiculous. Of course they have, relative to their careers.

tennizen
10-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Another feather on his cap that consolidates his position of #19 on the list of most influential men.

paseo
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Benevolent guy, this Djokovic.

abraxas21
10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
i wouldn't be surprised to know that the whole serbian DC team is in a "gluten-friet diet" at the moment. that's how they call it now.

Gagsquet
10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Of course. At start, they are only his nobodies sparring-partners then they tried the egg.

Start da Game
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Think back to 2008.

good post and i concur fully......djokovic's leadership skill was in full display during 2010 davis cup......

Pirata.
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Tipsy, Troicki and success in a same sentence :worship:
just makes me lol

:superlol: