MOTO GP driver Marco Simoncelli killed in a freak accident [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MOTO GP driver Marco Simoncelli killed in a freak accident

Armless
10-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Helmet took off from the impact of Edwards' bike. Rossi was there too, fellow compatriot of Simoncelli and a good friend of his aswell. Such a talent, such a personality has left us. R.I.P Mr. Crazy Hair
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9540/pa705634.jpg

scarecrows
10-23-2011, 10:21 AM
what a sad day

he was one of the most exciting to watch although he was taking many risks in his races

RIP :sad:

Betty
10-23-2011, 10:25 AM
terrible, no words

RIP Marco:sad:

bad gambler
10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
RIP

Terrible week of motor sport in general.

Machiavelli
10-23-2011, 10:39 AM
RIP

Just another unreal crash, really no words; woke up just to see the race and then something like this happens..

Hope Marco is in a better place right now...

JolánGagó
10-23-2011, 10:47 AM
terrible. RIP Marco.

not the best time to say but I was fearing smth like this anytime given his driving style.

Har-Tru
10-23-2011, 10:49 AM
What a week... RIP.

Nikki♥
10-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Just heard about it on the radio. :sad: And to be honest I'm seriously happy that I couldn't watch the MotoGP race this weekend because I don't want to know how it happened.

Horrible news as MotoGP has lost one of its most talented riders. He will be deeply missed. :sobbing:

RIP

Johnny Groove
10-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Jesus :sad:

Dini
10-23-2011, 12:00 PM
So talented and his personality was fun too. Still feeling really numb and it's been a while since the news. Mentioned it with Dan Wheldon and same thing applies now, you never really are prepared for it when it happens even if you know it's a dangerous sport. Shocking all the same.

RIP.

Nikki♥
10-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: “The purpose of this press conference is to apprise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders’ representative, and I’m Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death.”

Michele Macchiagodena said: “I’m very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead.”

Paul Butler responded to a question about Marco Simoncelli’s helmet coming off in the crash by saying: “I think if I may reply, that will be for another occasion. Quite clearly the consequences and circumstances surrounding the accident will be thoroughly investigated.”

Answering a question about the condition of Colin Edwards, who was involved in the incident, Michele Macchiagodena said: “He had a dislocation of the shoulder and with anaesthesia the shoulder now is in the correct position. He is fine.”

Paul Butler concluded the press conference by adding: “Our sympathies go to his family and we want to show every respect possible to Marco.”

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Race+Direction+press+conference+Simoncelli+Sepang

Sombrerero loco
10-23-2011, 02:44 PM
oh my god, marco....i cant believe my eyes everytime i see the video....=( marco :hug: he was such a great talent and most charismatic guy in the gp i think, by far.we will miss you every day.be happy where are you right now....

JayR
10-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Unspeakably sad.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

this feels like were going through Armagedon already, ppl dying left and right:sobbing:

Lopez
10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Terrible tragedy.

His father's expression is heartbreaking

http://hs12.snstatic.fi/webkuva/oletus/560/1305547809266?ts=419

Hian-GOAT
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
He didn't deserve this. He was a clever, funny, honest guy. He was really a simple person, I already miss him.
Life is unfair. Simoncelli father :hug:
RIP Marco. Forever in out hearts.

fast_clay
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
rough...

all high speed racers walk on thin ice... they all know this... however, where wheldon's death looked needless from an organisational perspective, moto racers are exposed to the max day in day out by comparison for their roll cage is their rib cage...

jmf07
10-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah I have huge respect for these guys. Some of the injuries they cop are absolutely brutal and unfortunately Simoncelli copped the worst. No doubting the courage of Moto GP riders. I remember seeing Mick Doohans leg a couple of times in person and it never looks pretty.

I have not watched much Moto GP in the last two years compared to the years before that so I am not familiar with Simoncelli other than his days in the junior classes but from what I remember he seemed like a very likeable guy. Was a very entertaining rider to watch and it would have been great to see what he could have achieved on a faster bike. RIP Marco. Have not seen the crash and I have no intentions to view it. Sounded like it was pretty bad.

Machiavelli
10-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Rossi may quit now with MotoGP forever, he said he felt the impact underneath his bike, and that life after this makes no sense, Simoncelli was like his little brother.

scarecrows
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Rossi may quit now with MotoGP forever, he said he felt the impact underneath his bike, and that life after this makes no sense, Simoncelli was like his little brother.

i think so too

Castafiore
10-24-2011, 01:30 PM
I read an article in my newspaper today that this was a deadly accident waiting to happen. It's a high risk sport as it is but many warned Marco time and time again that he was too reckless. What a shame.

JolánGagó
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I read an article in my newspaper today that this was a deadly accident waiting to happen. It's a high risk sport as it is but many warned Marco time and time again that he was too reckless. What a shame.

Yep. Not that he was reckless in this particular accident but other times his recklessness affected others.

Betty
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM

yes he said it
i think those moments will remain in his mind for a lot of days..must be devasting for everyone thinks to have "killed"someone, of course in a tot accidental way,but think that this person is also one of yr closer friend must be chilling:awww:

Nikki♥
10-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Colin Edwards must be just as devastated as Rossi because he was involved in the accident as well (I think I read somewhere that he got away with merely a few bruises).

The last race of the season in Valencia is just a couple of weeks away. I'm sure it will be a very sad race weekend with all the riders and teams paying tribute to Marco. Somehow all this reminds me of the fatal crash in Imola last year where Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa lost his life. :sad:

As for Rossi quitting MotoGP. He will be sorely missed too although I never really liked him that much. When he was fighting with Gibernau for the championship many years ago (I loooooooooooooooved Sete :inlove:), there was not a single race I didn't say anything bad about him. :lol: Time will tell what Valentino decides to do, I guess he just needs to overcome the first shock. All this racing circuit is just like show business and despite of tragic events like these, the show must go on... one way or another.

It is true that Marco had a reckless driving style but these guys are all no saints. Obviously neither of them want to provoke an accident, let alone one which could cost their own or someone else's life.

Betty
10-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Vale dinied to have said he would stop to ride

also no words for the help to simoncelli, one person who took the stretcher falled and Marco's body falled down:facepalm:well he was already died but if not it could be fatal:(