Moscow SF: Tipsarevic def. Davydenko 6-2 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moscow SF: Tipsarevic def. Davydenko 6-2 7-5

nole_no1
10-22-2011, 05:33 PM
The title is his

Well done Janko :clap2:

LawrenceOfTennis
10-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Another one of those gifted titles. Well done Davydenko.

Nole_1990
10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
i thin Troicki won't be an easy bite for janko but we shall see .

Sham Kay
One great season for Tipsy. Wouldn't go as far as saying he'll win, you never know with this great man. Nice for him to face him compatriot though.

Sunset of Age
Ugh. What a gallery of missed opportunities from Denko in that second set, where he was most definitely the better player on most occasions. Got 284730740174 BPs, failed to convert (in all honesty: a lot of it due to Tipsy's gutsy play) and of course gets broken himself at the tail end of set #2. Where's the barf-smiley when you need it. :(

Congrats Tipsy.

Sapeod
10-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Another title for Tipsarevic? 2011 has been very kind to him.

Marc23
10-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Trocki plays a bit stiff while Janko is more flexible and that's why I give him more chances...

tennisfan856
Granted, kolya went really passive after getting 0-40 on 5-4 in the 2nd set, but i think he did something to his groin again on the deep shot from tipsy at 15-40. He was moving around gingerly after that and the pace of his shots were gone.

I expect Janko to get his 2nd atp title tomorrow.

philosophicalarf
That was a stunning ending from Tipsarevic. I have an ever-increasing dislike for the guy, but you can't deny he's clutch atm.

Chris Kuerten
10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Well done from 5-4* 40-0 up Nikolay :facepalm:

TBkeeper
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Son (nikolay :D ) i'm disappoint ......

Orka_n
10-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Kolya played pretty well in the second but choked it away in a disgusting manner. :facepalm:

I hope Tipsy takes the title, though.

Crazy Girl
10-22-2011, 06:03 PM
NO WORDS!!! I'm too shagged off now...
Let me stay ...by myself.

MuzzahLovah
10-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Is there anything more impactful than :sad:
Because this was was tragic from Davydenko- winning the rallies in such style and collapsing at just the wrong moments- 3 set points evaporated, after have several break points earlier in the set. Just :sad:

Pea
10-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Congrats Janko! Go for your 2nd(should've been 4th) title of the year!

misty1
10-22-2011, 06:32 PM
yeah, yeah enjoy

we all know what a confident, in form davy would have won this

Nole Rules
10-22-2011, 06:40 PM
yeah, yeah enjoy

we all know what a confident, in form davy would have won this

Not so sure about that.

Yeah, Kolya is clearly a much better player than Janko but it's not like Janko is a talentless mug. He is a massive underachiver. Very talented player. He could compete well with in-form Kolya if he is really on.

misty1
10-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Not so sure about that.

Yeah, Kolya is clearly a much better player than Janko but it's not like Janko is a talentless mug. He is a massive underachiver. Very talented player. He could compete well with in-form Kolya if he is really on.

im not doubting he's a talented player but the past shows that davy in form knows how to handle tipsy

Marc23
10-22-2011, 06:56 PM
im not doubting he's a talented player but the past shows that davy in form knows how to handle tipsy

It also shows that Tipsarevic can play his best tennis against better ranked opponents,so there are no guarantees...

Could,should,would doesn't work in tennis!

Nole Rules
10-22-2011, 07:01 PM

I agree with you. I just meant that Janko at his very best could compete well with in-form Kolya. He can beat him for sure since he is very talented player but i agree that Koyla is the most likely to win if he is in-form.

Anyway, it's really sad to see such a talented ballstirker like Davy fades away like this. :sad:
I really hope he has some great/good runs in 2012. Still think/hope he has some good tennis left in him.

Sunset of Age
10-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree with you. I just meant that Janko at his very best could compete well with in-form Kolya. He can beat him for sure since he is very talented player but i agree that Koyla is the most likely to win if he is in-form.

Anyway, it's really sad to see such a talented ballstirker like Davy fades away like this. :sad:
I really hope he has some great/good runs in 2012. Still think/hope he has some good tennis left in him.

Couldn't agree with you more. :sad:
Problem is that he DID show patches of very good tennis today. But in the first set he was without a chance because of that terrible serve of his, and in the second... well many chances but failed to take it. Had a lot to do with Tipsy being very clutch when it mattered most, but still - pretty sure that Davvy at his best surely would have taken at least that 2nd set and most probably the 3rd too. Still, let's hope for improvement - at least he showed flashes of his best again today. Just fix that serve, Denko! :hug:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-22-2011, 07:39 PM
WTF IS GOIN IN WTA/ATP MOSCOW TOURNAMENT????????? :help::tape::o :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

fast_clay
10-22-2011, 07:45 PM
i don't have a problem with janko making top 10... his game, when he switched on, is top 10 worthy...

troicki however...

Naudio Spanlatine
10-22-2011, 07:45 PM
THE RUSSIANS SHOULD BE ASHAME OF THEMSELVES
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/fashnuguess/07161781d9c1.gif

Nole Rules
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. :sad:
Problem is that he DID show patches of very good tennis today. But in the first set he was without a chance because of that terrible serve of his, and in the second... well many chances but failed to take it. Had a lot to do with Tipsy being very clutch when it mattered most, but still - pretty sure that Davvy at his best surely would have taken at least that 2nd set and most probably the 3rd too. Still, let's hope for improvement - at least he showed flashes of his best again today. Just fix that serve, Denko! :hug:

Yup, i agree with you. Hopefully he has some great tennis left in him and will get better next year. Can't wait to see him win a title or goes far in a Slam next year. It seems that we won't have such great ballstrikers like Davy or Nalby in the next 5 years or so. No one in the new generation is as talented as those guys. The future of tennis is not promising to be honest.

I'd like to watch Davy play as long as i can (any true tennis fan would). Hope he doesn't think about retiring next year.

Orka_n
10-22-2011, 09:28 PM
i don't have a problem with janko making top 10... his game, when he switched on, is top 10 worthy...

troicki however...Truth.

The Magician
10-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Another title for Tipsarevic? 2011 has been very kind to him.

2011 has been very kind to every mediocre player who's managed to stick around in the weakened field. The Serbians especially have followed in Fakervic's wake, I guess the Serbian mafia has been more generous to them as long as Faker is winning :o

ivanban
10-22-2011, 11:18 PM
2011 has been very kind to every mediocre player who's managed to stick around in the weakened field. The Serbians especially have followed in Fakervic's wake, I guess the Serbian mafia has been more generous to them as long as Faker is winning :o

:facepalm:

Sapeod
10-22-2011, 11:21 PM
You're right, but at least Tipsarevic can be quite good to watch. Unlike a specific top 2...:facepalm:

Saberq
10-22-2011, 11:53 PM
You're right, but at least Tipsarevic can be quite good to watch. Unlike a specific top 2...:facepalm:

yeah Murray is joy to watch with his slow game and no FH

PiggyGotRoasted
10-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Shit result for tennis, shit result for respectful players winning.

tipsarevic I have lost all respect for you

paseo
10-23-2011, 12:27 AM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Topspindoctor
10-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Always good for the game when Baldenko loses, hopefully he'll retire next year and not taint the tennis courts with his presence.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Always good for the game when Baldenko loses, hopefully he'll retire next year and not taint the tennis courts with his presence.

i rather have Baldenko in the final than JankoYOSHIT:o:mad:

Topspindoctor
10-23-2011, 03:44 AM
i rather have Baldenko in the final than JankoYOSHIT:o:mad:

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Mugsarevic either, but he's still more talented and better to watch than robotic Baldenko. That clown went all out in the beginning of the year to pretend to have "personality" and the media briefly bought it. Too bad he's just another eastern european robot with no charisma or personality and no amount of faking can help it :o

Hian-GOAT
10-23-2011, 08:51 AM
:stupid:

Sapeod
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM
yeah Murray is joy to watch with his slow game and no FH
Murray >>>> Nadal/Djokovic when it comes to how good their games are to watch. Nadal = moonballer. Djokovic = junkballing grinder. Murray = tactician. See how tactican trumps the other 2??

Orka_n
10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Murray >>>> Nadal/Djokovic when it comes to how good their games are to watch. Nadal = moonballer. Djokovic = junkballing grinder. Murray = tactician. See how tactican trumps the other 2??Have you ever stopped and pondered if some things in life might be about taste? :facepalm:

abraxas21
10-23-2011, 03:32 PM
two words: mug era

abraxas21
10-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't like Mugsarevic either, but he's still more talented and better to watch than robotic Baldenko. That clown went all out in the beginning of the year to pretend to have "personality" and the media briefly bought it. Too bad he's just another eastern european robot with no charisma or personality and no amount of faking can help it :o

:facepalm:

davydenko is one of the funniest guys on tour but i dont expect you to see that. i just found funny how a nadulltard can acusse him of being 'robotic' and with lack of charisma and personality. ever had a look at how your hero truly behaves? yeah, i didn't think so

abraxas21
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
reading this thread i realize why MTF should definitely put a quota to the number of posts made by Serbians.

Crazy Girl
10-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Always good for the game when Baldenko loses, hopefully he'll retire next year and not taint the tennis courts with his presence.mamma mia, you're a broken record Doctor.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My balls are so low, that they're scratching the floor.:p:p
Mercy of us.

Time Violation
10-25-2011, 06:14 AM
reading this thread i realize why MTF should definitely put a quota to the number of posts made by Serbians.

Knock it off already, there are 5 posts by Serbians out of 40-something in this thread, unless you are counting your own posts as Serbian as well :lol: