Stockholm 1/4: Monfils def. Anderson 7-5, 7- [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stockholm 1/4: Monfils def. Anderson 7-5, 7-

Naudio Spanlatine
10-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Very tight first set, dont know what to say to that!!!!!!
But second set was entertaining and masterclass by Gael:worship:

EXCEPT 2 very slopping and tight on his serve for the match, SHOULDVE WON 6-2 in the second set:mad: :o:rolleyes: ,

AND FINALLY HE WON THE MATCH:facepalm::(:confused:

Even the coach of Monfils is like WTF dude!!!!!!!!:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

AAAALLLLLLLLEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ MONFILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naudio Spanlatine
10-21-2011, 08:37 PM
its suppose to say 7-5, 7-5 on the title, im surely f'ning up today

:o:o:o:o

Sunset of Age
10-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Kevin :sad:
Thanks for the v-dosh, Gael.

nole_no1
10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
He almost choked it in the 2nd set :spit:

Monfils must be a clown.... it's just part of his game :lol:

Stronga23
10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Gael you sure know how to increase my heart rate!!! Take the title La Monf!!! Can anyone tell me if Gael has any chance at the WTF?

MaxPower
10-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Funny match but high quality too. Monfils had something like 44 winners to 10 UEs. Lost concentration at times but that is standard for him. Credit to Anderson as well. Moves great for 2.03m but didn't get the payoff he needed on the serve.

Raonic coming up tomorrow and if Monfils plays the same he will likely win. Maybe hurt his left wrist a little in a dive but luckily he's right-handed. We will see

henke007
10-21-2011, 08:45 PM
If Kevin could have served better he could have won, had an easy FH to win 1st set 6-4 but blew it.

KaiserT
10-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Funny match but high quality too. Monfils had something like 44 winners to 10 UEs. Lost concentration at times but that is standard for him. Credit to Anderson as well. Moves great for 2.03m but didn't get the payoff he needed on the serve.

Raonic coming up tomorrow and if Monfils plays the same he will likely win. Maybe hurt his left wrist a little in a dive but luckily he's right-handed. We will see

If Monfils plays like that tomorrow he'll lose..... Raonic isnt going to have his serve abused like Anderson.

Pirata.
10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Bottom half of the top ten :facepalm:

Stronga23
10-21-2011, 08:47 PM
If Monfils plays like that tomorrow he'll lose..... Raonic isnt going to have his serve abused like Anderson.

Yeah but can Milos stay in rallies with Gael because La Monf isn't going to give him cheap points like Dimitrov and you forget Gael also has a big serve.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Good for tennis.

Say Hey Kid
10-22-2011, 08:19 AM
I didn't watch this match as I planned, unfortunately, but have read conflicting reports regarding how Anderson and Monfils looked.

The statistics are rather shocking. Did Anderson do an unusually good job returning or was the 1st serve of Monfils extremely subpar?

Naudio Spanlatine
10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I didn't watch this match as I planned, unfortunately, but have read conflicting reports regarding how Anderson and Monfils looked.

The statistics are rather shocking. Did Anderson do an unusually good job returning or was the 1st serve of Monfils extremely subpar?

i think monfils did a fantastic job on his 1st serves til he served for the match, he was struggling on his 1st serves and anderson was able to attack the second serve