Stockholm QF: Raonic vs Dimitrov [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stockholm QF: Raonic vs Dimitrov

LawrenceOfTennis
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I expect Raonic to win this with his better serving, but should be an enjoyable one.

misty1
10-20-2011, 12:05 PM
this should be an interesting match. The return of serve of both is average so if they serve well this will be tight

this could be going to a couple of tiebreakers

n3gative
10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Dimitrov's prone to more mental lapses so I'll go with Raonic in 3.

Hypnotize
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Grigor has more variety and better groundstrokes and movement but Raonic's serve is a huge weapon. If Grigor can get a read on Raonic's serve he will win this.

Sham Kay
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Potentially awesome match up. Hoping Raonic takes this comfortably, and believe he will.

Hian-GOAT
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Grisho and his kiss of death :bowdown:

henke007
10-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Raonic in str8s i think has been a beast on serve on this surface and Dimitrov isn't the best returner yet, hopefully will be a descent match anyway.

Chris Kuerten
10-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Real tennis will prevail.

bjorn85
10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Grigor has to find answer to his serve, otherwise I don't see him winning on this surface.

nalbyfan
10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Milos should win this in 2 sets

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
For Tennis's sake, hopefully Grigor pulls it out. All-serve bots are a scourge on the spectator sport.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Lil Mario Ancic is gonna win this one, serve like a dynammite serve!!!!! :rocker2:

Sonja1989
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Come on Grisho!!! :rocker2: :hug:

FormerRafaFan
10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Dimitrov in 2. Dimitrov is exactly that kind of player that Raonic has problems with.. he's a good returner like Ferrer, which means there's no chance in hell that Raonic will win this. Watch me being right.

Good returner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big serve

Dimitrov in 2.

MatchFederer
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Dimitrov in 2. Dimitrov is exactly that kind of player that Raonic has problems with.. he's a good returner like Ferrer, which means there's no chance in hell that Raonic will win this. Watch me being right.

Dimitrov in 2.

Oh RLY????

MatchFederer
10-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Looking forward MASSIVELY to this one. I find all this young generation exciting and with unique style (including Harrison).

I have a clear preference for Tomic though, but for the sake of the future of the one-handed backhand, Grigor MUST prevail. :silly:

gindyo
10-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Dimitrov in 2.

grigor and good returner in the same sentance :help:, you must have not watched many of grigor's matches. Even though it improved a little in the last couple of months it is still his weakness.

MaxPower
10-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Chela was serving weaker than me and yet Dimitrov didn't look impressive in the returning today so one wonders how it will look vs a truly great serve.

Grigor has better movement, Raonic has more power and better serve. My bet is on Raonic

FormerRafaFan
10-20-2011, 08:14 PM
grigor and good returner in the same sentance :help:, you must have not watched many of grigor's matches. Even though it improved a little in the last couple of months it is still his weakness.

well.. he's still better than Raonic. Raonic must be the weakest returner on the entire tour. Also.. Raonic's backhand is atrocious.

I'll still go for Dimitrov in this match up. One head lapse from Raonic and he's done, because the serve is basically all he has, and with that gone.. well.. all I can say is :help:

Sonja1989
10-20-2011, 08:17 PM

I agree with this but when the server does too good job.. almost impossible. Also, Dimitrov isn't a mental giant.

nadejda
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Dimitrov in 2. Dimitrov is exactly that kind of player that Raonic has problems with.. he's a good returner like Ferrer, which means there's no chance in hell that Raonic will win this.

:spit: :haha:

I would love Grisha winning this but calling him a good returner is a bit over the top.
Milos has a massive serve and Grigor is prone to colapses from time to time so he can lose serve and then - no chance for rebreak.
It is hard to predict it but Milos is by far the favorite to win this.

MatchFederer
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I've seen the light!

due to Grisho's magnabulous returning, he will undoubtedly win at life.

Sonja1989
10-20-2011, 08:24 PM
^^ Grisho is much better returner than Raonic but funny to compare him with Ferru. :p

romismak
10-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Raonic will win - donīt know in 2-3 but i just canīt see him loosing this. Grigor seems to be not strong mentally and against Milos he just need to be. I mean he didnīt use 1BP than starts to thinking maybe this was only BP in the match and mentally could loose the match. For sure Grigor has better game, movements, better shotmaker, returner, but really that Milosīs serve is such huge weapon especially indoors. I mean there is no wind or anything that can affect his serve, even he has FH and net game to make after bad returns immediately winners so really i think it will be about that Milos serve will be too big and Grigor probably will mentally loose that match.

Pirata.
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Hopefully we will see more matches between these two, plus Harrison and Tomic, in the coming years. It's a shame Tomic mugged it up against Monfils, we could've gotten another youngster semi if he'd beaten Anderson :o

MatchFederer
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Hopefully we will see more matches between these two, plus Harrison and Tomic, in the coming years. It's a shame Tomic mugged it up against Monfils, we could've gotten another youngster semi if he'd beaten Anderson :o

Yep, can't wait for those match-ups to become more regular.

Vida
10-20-2011, 09:19 PM
could be a good one. milos for the win.

Topspindoctor
10-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Actually, this seems like an interesting match. Dimitrov obviously has more talent, but Raonic's serve is sickening. As a true tennis fan, I root for Dimitrov in this match.

156mphserve
10-21-2011, 04:08 AM
I find it hard to believe that sokk aka FormerRafaFan can be a fan of anyone.

TBkeeper
10-21-2011, 05:25 AM

Dimitrov in 2.

Good returner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big serve that is true but ... he's a good returner like Ferrer -- > WHAT ? :D :D

Asadinator
10-21-2011, 06:01 AM
I would usually have said Milos, but Dimitrov has been playing patiently recently and returning well so I think he'll win.

Mountaindewslave
10-21-2011, 06:39 AM
with Raonic's great serve + really fast courts, should be very tough for Dimitrov. i voted Raonic but I would love Grigor to win as he is the much more talented of the two (ala, not a serve bot)

Mountaindewslave
10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Good returner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big serve that is true but ... he's a good returner like Ferrer -- > WHAT ? :D :D

yeah I missed out on this too, i've seen Dimitrov shank a million returns.... maybe his returning has vastly improved recently and I don't know about it??? :confused: but Ferrer level, no way is Grigor close to that

m9m9m9m9m9
10-21-2011, 08:01 AM
I like Dimitrov but i am not even sure if he has a better return than Milos..

Deivid23
10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Dimitrov is still in a phase where he can return very well in patches and in others where he looks like he has a baseball bat on his hands. It will be interesting to see him cope today with Milosī serve, my guess is heīs still not ready and he will struggle big time with it, but wonīt write him off like others above at all

PiggyGotRoasted
10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
grigor 6 - 7 7 - 6 6 - 4