Amazing Bogomolov interview =) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Amazing Bogomolov interview =)

Nathaliia
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Mine :D Enjoy

http://www.tennisalternative.com/alex-bogomolov-jr-interview-moscow-2011-rn968.html

bleu_cheese
10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Interesting answer to the last question, and of course the entire interview as well.

Ad Wim
10-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Good first question, I always wanted to know that.

And his answer to the last question is correct, I totally agree.

Or Levy
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah, quite amazing for his coach Yoav. He stopped working with Dudi, and he started working with Alex, and BOOM, Alex's ranking went up up up...

Quite a frank answer on Feli, I flove Feli, but I don't like it when top 40 guys play challangers.

Nathaliia
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I mean if you're in a slump and lose everything on main tour for several weeks, or was injured, or play in your home country... a challenger appearance would be fine for me and actually desired by spectators. But Lopez out of all? ffs... Santoro used to do it a lot too; he just collected appearance fee and was losing in the first rounds :facepalm:

Li Ching Yuen
10-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Nathiiiiiiiiiii.

Well done miss.

RonaldGomez
10-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys.

Santoro used to do it a lot too; he just collected appearance fee and was losing in the first rounds :facepalm:

I think you're wrong here I was a huge fans and don't remember him tanking. It's almost the opposite actually I remember towards the end of his career he went to a challenger in Ukraine in November/December and won it.

Anyway, great interview :worship:

Nathaliia
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I was not a fan, so I remember this loss to a claygod:

Bordeaux Challenger (http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/tournamentoverview.asp?tournament=1100018189) FranceCH12 May 2008 to 18 May 2008Entry: WCClay (O)32Lhttp://www.itftennis.com/shared/images/players/h2h.gif (http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/headtohead.asp?player=10001229&opponent=10021871) Igor KUNITSYN (http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/player.asp?player=10021871) (RUS)3-6 6-7(4)
In Feb he got WC to Besancon, lost 1-6 1-6 to Karol Beck (though Beck is not bad of course)

San Remo Challenger WC, first round loss to Marc Lopez
Orleans Challenger WC, first round loss to Mahut (who before breakthrough)
Luxembourg Challenger WC, first round loss to Koubek (but Koubek was not bad)

Cordoba Challenger WC first round loss to half retired then Arvind Parmar

another Besancon WC and 2nd round loss to Gilles Elseneer

Yeah in some challengers he played decently. Dnepropetrovsk was at the end of his career and it's fine he played there, but throughout his career he was picking different wild cards at challengers even if he totally didn't need such appearances. And in Poznan he lost to Adrian Garcia of all people.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Good piece.

Pipsy
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Even if Lopez had won that challenger, he wouldn't have earned any points for his current ranking :smash:

Bogomolov Jr has done well for himself. Interesting to hear him refer to the Americans as "they" and not "we". Perhaps I'm reading too much into it?

Nathaliia
10-20-2011, 01:46 PM
He is obviously not feeling American and before he agreed to give this interview in English he asked how confident I am about my Russian

tennisfan856
10-20-2011, 01:55 PM
word on the tour and fans is that he is an asshole. What was the personality vibe you got from him?

cristalmeister
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM
nice work nathiii :hearts:

shuhrat
10-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Not directly related to this interview though.

Bogomolov Jr. may play Davis Cup for Russia (http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=14841&zoneid=6)

[...] "I didn't think about it before but in case I receive a concrete proposal to play for Russia I will seriously think about it," Bogomolov told reporters at the Kremlin Cup. "I will also have to consult with my family and my team on the case before taking the decision."

Russia's Davis Cup captain Shamil Tarpischev added: "I discussed the situation with Alex's father. He said he was dreaming his son could play for the Russian squad. But in any case Alex Jr. is the only person who makes the decision. There are also some technical difficulties, but we can definitely solve these problems if he decides to join our squad. Of course he will never play for Russia at the Olympic Games, but he can seriously help our team in Davis Cup matches."

Nathaliia
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
He wasnt an asshole to me at all. He took time and we talked even more than this interview. But maybe when he loses he can be rude, yesterday Schiavone was rude to people and normally she is known as very nice. I am not at all surprised he considers playing for Russia. Got a feeling many people here suggested it to him

fast_clay
10-20-2011, 02:54 PM
great stuff nathii... good to see you're in fine form

guyha4
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
great interview..

Ilovetheblues_86
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Steriotypically speaking, the jr announces a spoiled kid,

that since has then become a father decided to play some tennis and use the pretentious potential he had when jr. :)

Probably an arrogant guy but that now that found his way will become a more "relaxed" person.

Soderling :inlove: alike.

Johnny Groove
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Fantastic interview, love.

nole_no1
10-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Nathaliia :yeah:

Certinfy
10-20-2011, 05:49 PM
:haha:

Doesn't change the fact he's the worst top 50 player I've ever seen though.

Grinder
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
“Just because my last name is Russian and I play for the U.S., people get confused, what country I represent. But the U.S. has raised me; I play for the U.S. I am American.”

That's what Alex said during the US Open.

Guessing he's thinking about playing for the Russian DC team since he'll never get called up to the US one with Fish, Roddick, Isner, Young, Harrison, and probably Querrey as soon as he gets healthy above him in the pecking order for the two singles spots, despite the rankings.

Henry Chinaski
10-21-2011, 04:06 PM
sounds like it would make daddy very proud too.

great interview nathi

Nathaliia
10-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks. Today we will haveamazing Tursunov interview. I tried to talk to Jamie Murray but he sounded so dull. I had better imagination of his skills. But Dima was good.

Rumour
10-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Good questions, nice read :)
Thanks. Today we will haveamazing Tursunov interview. I tried to talk to Jamie Murray but he sounded so dull. I had better imagination of his skills. But Dima was good.
Definitely looking forward to it :D