Best Serve Bot this season? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Best Serve Bot this season?

tommyg6
10-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Who is it?

Discuss.

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Isner- so have rocketed up the rankings with so little talent otherwise, it would would have to be lurch.

Say Hey Kid
10-20-2011, 03:51 AM
Isner for sure. Anderson has also been rather impressive and exceeded expectations.

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Isner, closely followed by Raonic. Horrendous players, but excellent servers.

emotion
10-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Raonic surely? Though he was finally showing promise in break game before injury, it's gone now.
Isner has really improved his ground game, but seems to me his serve has actually gone downhill a bit... Same with Karlovic, but to a lesser degree on both counts

Asadinator
10-20-2011, 04:07 AM
It's scary how much bounce Isner gets :unsure:

I remember he hit a woman on the stand because it bounced so high over the wall and she was in trouble...

Sonja1989
10-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I must say Raonic on his performance during all year.. of course when he was healthy.. Isner had fantastic US Open Series but definitely I can't forgot the first half of the year when his first problem was the serve. :o

EddieNero
10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Sweeting.

MaxPower
10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Kevin Anderson all things considered. I could see him in top20 next year. Just need to iron out some stuff in his game but I see potential. Closely followed by Isner but he was at a higher level already and didn't move as much forward as Anderson

Raonic is a bit young yet and had that injury setback. He will have his time soon enough

King Midas
10-20-2011, 11:10 AM
how can gilles muller not be on this poll?

travesty

LawrenceOfTennis
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
dunno but karlovic is surely the most annoying of all

madmax
10-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Raonic for sure. Isner can actually rally and was very close to beating Nadull on freaking Paris dirt...

Poetik
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Sweeting.

hahahahhahahaahah:worship:

Muller, Raonic, Anderson and Isner

Hian-GOAT
10-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Raonic, hands down.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
ISNER:hearts:

i was suppose to pick isner but i accidently pick ivo:unsure:

GSMnadal
10-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Isner, when you can take Rafa to five at RG of all places, you have to have one hell of a serve... just for that immense achievement he would get my vote

romismak
10-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I think Lopez and Muller, even Ljubicic should be in poll if Anderson is. In term of serving they have been better this season, Anderson is actually not such great server- like he could be, he is going for high % FS in and also didnīt have so many aces and so on. Roddick also nothing special- actually if we compare this season to his last i donīt know how many, for sure this season was on serve really bad, even when he was hitting bombs - 220km/h no placement.... But that trio Karlovic, Isner, Raonic are simply one level above rest of the field. Simply when those guys are down 0-40 it feels when you are watching they are down only 1BP not 3xBP:D:D Just put 3x first serves in and job is done, even best returner can be on the other side if those guys hit bombs to the lines there is no deffense to that. Ivo had better serve seasons, so he didnīt win this, it is between Isner and Raonic, Isner took Rafa to 5th on clay with that new lighter balls and really was good whole season in rallies and on serve. Milos was great early in the season and now i expect from him indoor also to be outserving everyone. Actually i would love to see Isner-RAonic match.

MatchFederer
10-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I think Lopez and Muller, even Ljubicic should be in poll if Anderson is. In term of serving they have been better this season, Anderson is actually not such great server- like he could be, he is going for high % FS in and also didnīt have so many aces and so on. Roddick also nothing special- actually if we compare this season to his last i donīt know how many, for sure this season was on serve really bad, even when he was hitting bombs - 220km/h no placement.... But that trio Karlovic, Isner, Raonic are simply one level above rest of the field. Simply when those guys are down 0-40 it feels when you are watching they are down only 1BP not 3xBP:D:D Just put 3x first serves in and job is done, even best returner can be on the other side if those guys hit bombs to the lines there is no deffense to that. Ivo had better serve seasons, so he didnīt win this, it is between Isner and Raonic, Isner took Rafa to 5th on clay with that new lighter balls and really was good whole season in rallies and on serve. Milos was great early in the season and now i expect from him indoor also to be outserving everyone. Actually i would love to see Isner-RAonic match.

You always have useful things to say unlike me! I applaud you.. however, could you consider using paragraphs? More people will actually read what you have to say then! The huge blocks of text are a little bit unsettling.

Thumbs up, keep up the great posts.

Sapeod
10-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Raonic isn't a servebot :facepalm: And neither is Anderson :facepalm:

156mphserve
10-21-2011, 03:27 PM
paragraphtard:p

MatchFederer
10-21-2011, 03:29 PM
paragraphtard:p

The big walls of text scare me :sad:

Everko
10-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Raonic isn't a servebot :facepalm: And neither is Anderson :facepalm:

Serve-bot is being generous. They can't play tennis. Their serves are not that good, get a good returner and they forget what to do, look like a hopeless chicken on court.

rocketassist
10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Anderson's serve isn't even that good.

And Raonic has a great net game.

mark73
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Serve bot? These guys can do more than serve. Is Llordra a volley bot? To be fair the title should be "The best player who relies most heavily on his serve". Or something to that effect.

When Raonic is on he has an AMAZING forehand and is competent at the net.

Anyways I say Roddick and Raonic have been the best.

nole_no1
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Milos

Naudio Spanlatine
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
i just realized what you said mark, especially about roddick and raonic, they both have very similar game styles but yet do so well at their best

mark73
10-21-2011, 07:27 PM
If you identify someone solely by their strength that makes Nadal a topspin bot, Djokovic a movement bot and Llordra a volley bot.

mark73
10-21-2011, 07:30 PM
i just realized what you said mark, especially about roddick and raonic, they both have very similar game styles but yet do so well at their best

Raonic is more agressive, he's like roddick in 2004. In a year or two he will be in the top 10, barring injury.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
i was gonna say raonic is the more aggressor type and roddick is a bit more passive, kinda like andy murray in a way