Rafa, Nole, Fed discuss why they love playing tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa, Nole, Fed discuss why they love playing tennis

Riosreigned
10-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Cool read where the journalist asks many top pros Why do you love playing tennis? Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Courier, Wilander and many more also WTa players answer this question and the answers are interesting to read. I really enjoyed the Luke Jensen answer but they are all insightful in their own way. Nole just gets right down to the point,, he loves "winning." simple as that.

http://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/i-asked-the-pros-why-do-you-love-playing-tennis/

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM
great thread:yeah:

SerialKillerToBe
10-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Gee, I wonder what all those guys have in common. Oh that's right, they're very successful playing tennis. <_<

star
10-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Cool read where the journalist asks many top pros Why do you love playing tennis? Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Courier, Wilander and many more also WTa players answer this question and the answers are interesting to read. I really enjoyed the Luke Jensen answer but they are all insightful in their own way. Nole just gets right down to the point,, he loves "winning." simple as that.

http://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/i-asked-the-pros-why-do-you-love-playing-tennis/

Very nice. Thanks a lot! :hatoff:

cobalt60
10-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Thanks for posting; I liked Murphy's the best!

Riosreigned
10-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Fore sure Murphy has a sweet answer, hundreds of reasons why he loves tennis. Funny, it's hard to imagine a sportsman of say soccer baseball or hockey being able to describe so many reasons why they love playing their respective sports. Tennis is truly the greatest sport on earth, it really is.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-20-2011, 01:06 PM
There is nothing to discuss. They all here for the money.

Riosreigned
10-21-2011, 03:58 PM
There is nothing to discuss. They all here for the money.

Could be somewhat true. But players like Nadal Federer Gulbis Serena Sharapova etc and many others don't really care about the money, they love the sport and love competing.

If any players could be suspected to be business players only in it for the $, maybe Davydenko and a few other of the Eastern Euros may come to mind. I never heard Davydenko talk about how important winning a major would be for him.

The Magician
10-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Novak Djokovic: “The feeling of winning a match or winning a tournament. The feeling of winning a tennis match is irreplaceable.”

Roger Federer: “I guess, you know, it’s myself to blame if I win or lose, which I kind of like. And that it’s one on one, or if you like, in doubles two on two. But there’s a distance, so there’s always a lot of fair play. There’s no ugly plays in that way. Good sport to watch on TV. Good sport to watch live. It’s athletic and has a bit of everything. I think it’s really nice.”

All that needs to be said. Fair play, caring about the fans, caring about the game, caring about the opponent all die with Federer's retirement, and the age of doing ANYTHING to win begins :mad: