:eek:

Blake was vintage Fh was so on. Delpo rusty and pretty slow on court.:sad:

rubbERR
10-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Del Potro is a walking joke on court atm, only Golubev is worse :lol:

Certinfy
10-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Blake was fucking awesome :eek: :speakles:

Of course Del Potro wasn't anywhere near his best though :hug: :awww: But all credit has to go to Blake for sure.

nole_no1
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Blake didn't play bad but i expected more from Delpo :(

Orka_n
10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Blake played well. Delpo needs to find his form somehow.

misty1
good win from james

rubbERR
Far from good win, very far.

Delpo is not even top 50 player atm, i say he is similar position with Troicki.

n3gative
10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Pony looked like he was sleep walking

Blake was solid and took advantage. Really mixed it up by coming to the net quite a bit and was very successful.

jonathancrane
10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Strong era :haha:

James is playing great tennis, good to see

Fumus
10-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice volleying by Blake...also good forehands too, hopefully he can get the ranking up and make a run next year at a slam.

But real story, WTF is up with DelPo playing so defensive...he's just rolling the ball in play. No big forehand, no ball bashing, just slicing and heavy topspin...he was retrieving most of the match and hoping for Blake errors. Looking like the South American Andy Roddick out there.

delboy
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Blake played fantastic :worship:

misty1
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM

blake played well, it was a good win for him.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 08:14 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
I cant bear with this, Delpo is NO WHERE near his best since his wrist injury

good job Blake:hearts:

rubbERR
10-19-2011, 08:16 PM
blake played well, it was a good win for him.

So many brainless little focks here that it hurts to see, it really does.

for example Bogomolov beat Murray start of the year, Donald Young did too, what do Murray do them now? Yes, destroy them.

You can do your tennis pretty easily if top player simply sucks.

MaxPower
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Best match of the tournament so far. It's cool when one of these veterans really bring their A-game. Blake served well, his returning was spot on and he also read the game so well. Often took the ball early and sent rocket winners. Delpo might have been rusty but few players would have been able to handle Blake today. He didn't really drop in level throughout the match.

Blake said after the match it was probably his biggest win in 2-3 years. Said he finally felt healthy and confident again and that if he played his 2006 self it would finally be somewhat close again :) Blake really needed the win and now he got a great shot in the next round too.

Sunset of Age
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Strange as it may sound, I expected Blake to give DelPotro a tough job today, judging on Blake's performance yesterday, which was gutsy & good. I didn't expect this ultimate indoor HC-dissection clinic coming from him, though! :eek:
Just once more folks: never ever write off a former top player. These guys really know how to play, and will take advantage of their experience whenever they are in good form and the opportunity knocks.

DelPotro. What can one say... ~sigh~ not anywhere near to his best, but such is no excuse for such a lacklustre performance. Somehow I start believing that he'll indeed never ever return to that amazing form of his in 2009... it looks like his repetitive injuries have damaged him forever, if not so much physically, much more mentally. He has always struck me as a fellow perhaps just a bit too 'gentle' to really have that killer instinct that is necessary on top level sports, and here it showed again.
Juan Martin, you kind fellow, I so hope I am wrong about this! :hug:

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Del Potro in cruise control until the Davis Cup final it seems. It could come back to haunt him in terms of match fitness.

rubbERR
10-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Exacly...dont give credit until he wins more matches in this tournament.

And he wont win more if he faces any good.

Sunset of Age
10-19-2011, 08:19 PM

Kind suggestion: shut down your computer and have a breath of fresh air outside. :rolleyes:

MuzzahLovah
10-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Blake is the same player he always was, just older and even less consistent. Anyone able to keep the ball in the court for more than 3 strokes should have no problem, and when Blake actually makes winners, it only last for a few games before he goes back to spraying.

Why on earth did Del Po take a month off? He'd have been much better off playing the asian swing and resting now for Davis cup. Now he lost his his timing, has no points for the last month, and is losing to losers like Blake. Just such a shame. :sad:

tae04
10-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Good job Blake. He has won this tournament in the past I believe.

MaxPower
10-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Good job Blake. He has won this tournament in the past I believe.

twice. In 2005 and 2006

DYJBAA
10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
The losing streak to slam champions is over. Let's see if James can win this event.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm disappointed. Is it the right word? No, it isn't. Something deep inside told me he's gonna lose this match. But the result is by far the most horrible this year. LOW of this season by Delpo. He has the stupidest career management I've ever seen. Skipping a month right after his best match of the season is clearly something what only an idiot does. What did he think? Miss another 4 weeks and come back better than before? His coach needs help mentally. It's time to rethink his career plans. Sad to write down something like this, being one of his biggest fans, but it's time to do it.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm disappointed. Is it the right word? No, it isn't. Something deep inside told me he's gonna lose this match. But the result is by far the most horrible this year. LOW of this season by Delpo. He has the stupidest career management I've ever seen. Skipping a month right after his best match of the season is clearly something what only an idiot does. What did he think? Miss another 4 weeks and come back better than before? His coach needs help mentally. It's time to rethink his career plans. Sad to write down something like this, being one of his biggest fans, but it's time to do it.
I feel your pain dude:hug: :sad:

Orka_n
10-19-2011, 08:32 PM

for example Bogomolov beat Murray start of the year, Donald Young did too, what do Murray do them now? Yes, destroy them.

You can do your tennis pretty easily if top player simply sucks.Fool. Even if Blake loses every match for the rest of his career, this was still a good win for him.

MuzzahLovah
10-19-2011, 08:36 PM

You can do your tennis pretty easily if top player simply sucks.

Yes, but Murray came off a heartbreaking final loss to Djokovic, probably one of his toughest losses ever, seeing as he wasn't playing against the GOAT, but just a talented contemporary of his.

Del Potro just came off beating this same Djokovic-after Djokovic had the best season his life. If that didn't give him confidence, what will? The only thing I can hope for Del Po is that he's rusty from not playing for no reason, but I'm worried.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I just hope that Delpo can SOMEHOW find the mental strength to get back into where he was when was so full of confidence that he played his best every single point in the matches he played

Javier Bardem
10-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Yes, but Murray came off a heartbreaking final loss to Djokovic, probably one of his toughest losses ever, seeing as he wasn't playing against the GOAT, but just a talented contemporary of his.

Del Potro just came off beating this same Djokovic-after Djokovic had the best season his life. If that didn't give him confidence, what will? The only thing I can hope for Del Po is that he's rusty from not playing for no reason, but I'm worried.

Very true.

Blake really did play well here, sad to see JMDP nowhere near his best though.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-19-2011, 08:43 PM
By the way why is that Blake has been clowning throughout the season so far and plays his best match in a long time against Delpo?
Screw this guy.

Sunset of Age
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
By the way why is that Blake has been clowning throughout the season so far and plays his best match in a long time against Delpo?
Screw this guy.

Blake won this tournament two times already, his game obviously thrives on this court. :shrug:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Blake won this tournament two times already, his game obviously thrives on this court. :shrug:
I think Lawerence needs to take a break and try to handle this loss on his own i hope that hes gonna be ok, no one wants to see Delpo especially his dearest fans and people that really respect him even though they are not fans of him, its a very sad ending to see your fave player lose even though you have to give credit to the other player who play amazing in the match

The Magician
10-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Rubberr :stupid: The AO match between Blake and Del Po a couple of years ago was one of the best matches I've seen, both were playing at a very high level. Blake has shown he can compete with Del Po at his best, the problem has always been in his brain. Good win, Del Po has no excuse for getting himself into decent form and then disappearing for a month.

Everybody was giving Blake shit when he came back on tour and was horrible, but he's really gotten his game together and proven the haters wrong :yeah:

Ibracadabra
10-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Tanking until it's an impossibility to qualify for london.

henke007
10-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Blake made few UE and was hitting Fh winners left and right and it wasn't like Delpo didn't play a solid match he also had more winers then UE. Blake hasn't played this good in years.

Delpo's serve on the other hand is not a weapon right now only sets up the first shot.

rocketassist
10-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Just as I said in the WWW thread.

Del Potro had just come off a USO win and YEC final when he only just scraped past an out of shape Blake 10-8 in the fifth.

Blake plays well and you get this scoreline.

Ibracadabra
10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Just as I said in the WWW thread.

Del Potro had just come off a USO win and YEC final when he only just scraped past an out of shape Blake 10-8 in the fifth.

Blake plays well and you get this scoreline.

Del potro didn't win another match after that for one year.

ZaZoo)
10-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Sucks.

Blake :hatoff:

coonster14
10-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow, I expected Blake to give Delpo a tough matrch, but I didn't think that he would actually win. :shock:

Delpo :sad:, really thought this tournament was his for the taking.

Well done Blake, now keep winning more matches. :yeah:

desigundah
10-19-2011, 09:41 PM
:worship::worship::worship:
Jimmy! To be fair this sort of a win has been a long time coming. He took Isner and JMDP both deep twice during the US hard court season over the summer earlier this year but he's just been haunted by vicious draws. Good for Blake though. He should beat Nalbandian who he smoked earlier this year and then he'll probably get Wawa after that. Still, at this point easily Blake's last real chance at getting a title.

Sham Kay
10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Looks like DelPo's head is elsewhere for the time being. Good on Blake for taking advantage however. Would be great to see him back in the top 30 at some point.

Li Ching Yuen
10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I'd really like to see Nalbandian - Blake. Good chance of that happening too.

fast_clay
10-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Looking like the South American Andy Roddick out there.

that is really not nice mate... really uncalled for... i have seen some stuff that just crawled out of the gutter on mtf, but that's over the top...

reported

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 10:31 PM
that is really not nice mate... really uncalled for... i have seen some stuff that just crawled out of the gutter on mtf, but that's over the top...

reported

Did that person really said that?:o
What a pathetic fool w/ an insult like this:rolleyes:

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 10:32 PM
James Blake has an English mother. I want some fame by association. I have an English mother.

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I think Fast Clay was joking.

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 10:34 PM
I think I have misread the situation.

AllezUSA
10-19-2011, 11:12 PM
:eek:

Blake was vintage Fh was so on. Delpo rusty and pretty slow on court.:sad:

Blake won as the better player is supposed to. Nothing to see here.

AllezUSA
10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Blake is the same player he always was, just older and even less consistent. Anyone able to keep the ball in the court for more than 3 strokes should have no problem, and when Blake actually makes winners, it only last for a few games before he goes back to spraying.

Why on earth did Del Po take a month off? He'd have been much better off playing the asian swing and resting now for Davis cup. Now he lost his his timing, has no points for the last month, and is losing to losers like Blake. Just such a shame. :sad:

Mad cuz your boy got smacked around? He had exactly the same number of FH winners today as he has eyebrows...ONE.

Sapeod
10-19-2011, 11:19 PM
I lost 300k vcash on that lanky piece of garbage :lol: What was this? Losing to Blake? What a disgrace. That's what you get for taking a month off for no reason you joke :stupid:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 11:56 PM
^look who arrive to brag, YET more about how everyone else SUCKS but his precious bf name "ANDY MURRAY" :bigclap: :rolleyes:

rubbERR
10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I lost 300k vcash on that lanky piece of garbage :lol: What was this? Losing to Blake? What a disgrace. That's what you get for taking a month off for no reason you joke :stupid:

Do you have balls to say this when Andy Murray loses match against joke of a player? Yeah, yeah..

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Never really liked Blake, but GREAT result for the sport :yeah:

Clown Potro showing what a fluke and lucky one slam wonder this Argentine is. Blake is well past his prime, has bad knees and has been reduced to playing challengers is still too much for a mug like Delpo. Can't imagine what he'd do to him in his prime when his footwork was actually good.

VolandriFan
10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
:sad: Poor Juan. A good preparation for 2012 is what's needed.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Never really liked Blake, but GREAT result for the sport :yeah:

Clown Potro showing what a fluke and lucky one slam wonder this Argentine is. Blake is well past his prime, has bad knees and has been reduced to playing challengers is still too much for a mug like Delpo. Can't imagine what he'd do to him in his prime when his footwork was actually good.
:facepalm:
This is where i ENTIRELY disagree with you

Sapeod
10-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Do you have balls to say this when Andy Murray loses match against joke of a player? Yeah, yeah..
Murray lost to joke players because he lost badly in a slam final. Del Potro lost here because he skipped an entire month for no reason and because he's an idiot.

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
:facepalm:
This is where i ENTIRELY disagree with you

How so? The guy is basically a WTA ball basher with male power. He hasn't done ANYTHING to prove he's an elite in the sport apart from beating injured Nadal and choking Olderer where he had to play best tennis of his life in USO.

He can't even win a masters 1000. Take away his USO and he's another run of the mill top 30 power hitter.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Murray lost to joke players because he lost badly in a slam final. Del Potro lost here because he skipped an entire month for no reason and because he's an idiot.
Sing all the praises Sapeod, jus sing it, keep on preaching your word out to the world:o

tennishero
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM

delpo > murray, good night. :bigwave:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 12:28 AM

:smooch: :hug:

Sunset of Age
10-20-2011, 12:29 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry about that, Dani. :wavey: :D

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 12:32 AM
How so? The guy is basically a WTA ball basher with male power. He hasn't done ANYTHING to prove he's an elite in the sport apart from beating injured Nadal and choking Olderer where he had to play best tennis of his life in USO.

He can't even win a masters 1000. Take away his USO and he's another run of the mill top 30 power hitter.

ok yes rafa was injured in usopen but not Miami 2009, he played unbelievable tennis against rafa, and i saw this match from my house, i love rafa but i know that there was nothing he could do against delpo when delpo was serve FANTASTIC and his FH was a dangerzone, i was mad when he loss to murray:fiery: but he played amazingly well in 2009, too bad he mental fragile since his horrible wrist injury but hes young, he has alot of time

Ibracadabra
10-20-2011, 12:33 AM

he's just butthurt delpo has a slam

misty1
10-20-2011, 12:33 AM

i actually agree with you about delpo being nothing special. The guy did nothing before and has done nothing since he got back

and he's shown a great amount oif stupidity for taking a month off for no reason at all. Lost all the momentum and confidence he should have had after davis cup

Ibracadabra
10-20-2011, 12:36 AM
he hardly took off a month for no reason, obviously he would tell you if questioned.

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 12:38 AM

:superlol:

Serves you right, you bandwagoning clown.

Del Potro and Andy Murray - future of tennis!!! - the previous name of your idiotic topic.

You actually picked Del Mugtro to win RG in 2011 or 2012, good one :haha:

cobalt60
10-20-2011, 12:38 AM
wow did not see this coming; mixed emotions about this but hey go JB now!

Stronga23
10-20-2011, 01:02 AM
If Gael doesnt win this title I will go into exile. :sad:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 01:03 AM

:sobbing:

hey by any chance how is Gael feeling or doing i heard he was injured but i didnt know where?

Stronga23
10-20-2011, 01:13 AM
:sobbing:

hey by any chance how is Gael feeling or doing i heard he was injured but i didnt know where?

He re-injred his knee in Bangkok but he said he is fully healthy if he wins the title he still has a chance for London.

bad gambler
10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Blake was really cranking up those forehands

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 02:01 AM

I guess you have to hope their are no Donald Young quality opponents or higher in the draw :haha:

Mountaindewslave
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM

besides Troicki being top 20.....

Stronga23
10-20-2011, 02:06 AM
I guess you have to hope their are no Donald Young quality opponents or higher in the draw :haha:

I just have to hope that Good Gael shows up :). Congrats on Andy's great indoor season hope he can win Paris and London if Gael or Jo dont win it.

Sapeod
10-20-2011, 02:07 AM
You're not serious, are you? Even with that slam, Del Potro's career is miniscule in comparison to Andy's. Does Del Potro have 3 slam finals? Does he have 21 titles? Does he have 8 masters titles? Does he have 5 slam semi-finals?

Mountaindewslave
10-20-2011, 02:08 AM
this is really bad to see from Del Potro. James once had a great game and could hit anyone off of the court, but he's 30 years plus age now , and Juan should not lose to him....

Del Potro needs to get his act together, 2012 is coming and if he wants to be a threat at slams something needs to change. I get that the injury with the wrist hurt him, but it's been a while and he was showing some form back at what, Roland Garros? it should not have all just evaporated... :o

rocketassist
10-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Why does JMDP's exit significantly enhance Monfils' title credentials? :lol:

Del Pony can focus again on not spilling crosses for Man Utd.

Nope. Flash in the pan like Gaudio (who was much more entertaining)

Mountaindewslave
10-20-2011, 02:10 AM
You're not serious, are you? Even with that slam, Del Potro's career is miniscule in comparison to Andy's.

Sapeod is right, being realistic Murray's career is multiple times better than Del Potro's, really to no fault of Juan's own. the injury just has made him so inconsistant. as far as records go, Del Potro's GS will definitely shine over time but ANdy Murray has a bag of Master SEries and actually has been atop for some time

Del Potro needs to do more if he wants to prove himself as a real player and not a one slam wonder

FlameOn
10-20-2011, 02:13 AM
James! :eek::bigclap::cheerleader:

Delpo will be back next year :yeah:.

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 02:18 AM
I just have to hope that Good Gael shows up :). Congrats on Andy's great indoor season hope he can win Paris and London if Gael or Jo dont win it.

Ok, you have to go and be civil about it. ;) I can't support Le Monf because every time I start to take him seriously he makes me regret it but I do hope he does stay healthy. I thought Jo or Berdych would step up and fill the DelPo void, but their results in Shanghai weren't very promising, actually same thing with Simon. It's funny Ferrer has had a better part of this hardcourt season any of those hard-court players.

The Freak
10-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Good to see James up to his old tricks in Stockholm :)

Kat_YYZ
10-20-2011, 03:57 AM

spoken like someone who didn't watch the match :yeah:
Blake looks completely different than at the beginning of the year, much lighter and leaner. His face looks younger than it has in years, actually. When he's on, he's on. He may indeed go back to "spraying" in another match, maybe even soon. But it wasn't happening here.

he hardly took off a month for no reason, obviously he would tell you if questioned.
I really don't know what Del Po is doing here. Skipping higher-points tournaments like Shanghai and Tokyo/Beijing -- allegedly to practice on clay for the DC final -- then travelling here to play for (at best) 250? Why bother, I mean he has no points to defend in this part of the season, if he wants to drop everything for DC, I get it, but then why come here :confused:

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 06:13 AM
spoken like someone who didn't watch the match :yeah:
Blake looks completely different than at the beginning of the year, much lighter and leaner. His face looks younger than it has in years, actually. When he's on, he's on. He may indeed go back to "spraying" in another match, maybe even soon. But it wasn't happening here.

I really don't know what Del Po is doing here. Skipping higher-points tournaments like Shanghai and Tokyo/Beijing -- allegedly to practice on clay for the DC final -- then travelling here to play for (at best) 250? Why bother, I mean he has no points to defend in this part of the season, if he wants to drop everything for DC, I get it, but then why come here :confused:

I did actually- not all of it, but the beginning and end of each set. Blake had a fair amount of Blake errors, and their was no way Blake was unbreakable today, especially with DelPo's reach on the return. If he would have held it together at the end of the first or the second set, Blake would have had on of his Blake-downs, and sprayed every ball for a few games in a row. With Blake, you have to count on his hot and cold streaks- if you don't take advantage and break when you can, he's almost guaranteed to line up a few winners in a row to break once a set, which is all it takes. If Blake doesn't have at least a few Blake-downs next match, I'll apologize, but then the world will have also ended.

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Delpo's return is overrated especially on FH, given his huge backswing. He camps out way behind the baseline when recieving - it's not a surprise a decent server like Blake won 80%+ first serves against him.

EddieNero
10-20-2011, 06:45 AM
What's really amusing is that some people continuously claim Del Potro belongs to the Top 5.
This guy has been proving his inconsistency throughout the whole year, failing to make a single GS QF, reached one M1000 semifinal and won two worthless 250.
Del Potro is not even the same league as Soderling or Ferrer, let alone laughed Murray.
Unfortunately, blind fanatics will still call up one fluke slam run to evidence JM's greatness.
Del Potro hasn't repeated a comparable run in any slam yet and has been recording early round exits since Wimbledon.

zcess81
10-20-2011, 07:55 AM
You're not serious, are you? Even with that slam, Del Potro's career is miniscule in comparison to Andy's. Does Del Potro have 3 slam finals? Does he have 21 titles? Does he have 8 masters titles? Does he have 5 slam semi-finals?

Nobody remembers finalists, semifinalists, MM title winners, or even masters winners. Tennis legacy is ALL ABOUT SLAMS. That is how player's career is judged (I'm talking about the very best top 5 here). If both Murray and Delpo stopped playing tennis tomorrow, 5 years from now everyone would remember Delpo and his USO win and casual tennis fans would not even know who Andy Murray is, let alone how many GS finals/semis he was in.

The truth is that Murray wouldn't be nearly as famous as he already is if he were not British. Can you imagine if Murray had Delpo's slam? He'd be hailed as the greatest player ever by Eurosport/Sky and media in general.

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Nobody remembers finalists, semifinalists, MM title winners, or even masters winners. Tennis legacy is ALL ABOUT SLAMS. That is how player's career is judged (I'm talking about the very best top 5 here). If both Murray and Delpo stopped playing tennis tomorrow, 5 years from now everyone would remember Delpo and his USO win and casual tennis fans would not even know who Andy Murray is, let alone how many GS finals/semis he was in.

The truth is that Murray wouldn't be nearly as famous as he already is if he were not British. Can you imagine if Murray had Delpo's slam? He'd be hailed as the greatest player ever by Eurosport/Sky and media in general.

If tennis is all about slams, why are you even commenting now, the next slam isn't for months? Shouldn't you go back to your cave until the next slam?

Also, that explains why no one remembers Rios and everyone remembers Thomas Johansson. :rolleyes:

EddieNero
10-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Despite all weaknesses, Murray is a far better competitor and athlete than Potro. Regardless of GS trophies, Murray is having a considerably superior career, stays on pretty much the same level for all year long, unlike Del Potro, who alternates decent starts with awful ones, pulls out of a tournament after playing one and a half weeks in a row.

You can't still bring up one excellent tournament, whereas Murray does make SF of majors one after another.

Look at Potro's and Murray's GS achievements after USO 2009:

AO 2010: Potro: R16 Murray:F
RG 2010: Potro: - Murray: R16
W 2010: Potro: - Murray SF
US 2010: Potro: - Murray R32
AO 2011: Potro: R64 Murray: F
RG 2011: Potro: R32 Murray: SF
W 2011: Potro: R16 Murray: SF
US 2011: Potro: R32 Murray: SF

henke007
10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Unfair comparison since Delpo was pre injured, injured and post injured for 1 1/2 years..

Muzzzas semifinals are just a reminder of FAIL..

EddieNero
10-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Unfair comparison since Delpo was pre injured, injured and post injured for 1 1/2 years..

Being injury prone is a part of your image, so in your opinion we should wait with judging Pony's GS results until Del Potro stops to hurt himself in every tournament, graciously gets his ass together, or just erase the fact he needed ONE YEAR to recover from an injury, which appers to be an anomaly for a top player and slam winner at such a young age.

zcess81
10-20-2011, 09:41 AM
If tennis is all about slams, why are you even commenting now, the next slam isn't for months? Shouldn't you go back to your cave until the next slam?

Also, that explains why no one remembers Rios and everyone remembers Thomas Johansson. :rolleyes:

Learn how to read. I said tennis legacy...player's career, not tennis in general. I watch all masters and gs events, even some MM tournaments, but tennis player's career (very top player's career to be more specific i.e. anyone in top 4-5, more or less) is judged by how many slams he has won. And yes people still remember Johansson. He was never top 5 material and people remember him BECAUSE he won a slam. Rios, only reason why people outside South America remember him is to point out that he was no.1 and never won a slam.

Hian-GOAT
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
:o DelPo so far from his best :o He would have bagelled him otherwise.

Fumus
10-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Blake thrives in low pressure situations. This is why he sucks at the grand slams. Seriously, if the US Open was played in the park near my house and only the 10 people nearby watched Blake would have won that tournament 10 times already. I kid but really, James doesn't rise to the occasion in the big moments that's why he's a Mickey Mouse king.

reported

So why don't you crawl back into that gutter then?

:o DelPo so far from his best :o He would have bagelled him otherwise.

DelPo at his best never bageled Blake...infact they went 5 sets. Blake = bad matchup for DelPo. Delpo has a huge swing on the forehand and a weak second serve and Blake takes the ball super early robs JDMP of time and munches on second serves. On a fast hard court DelPo will always be having a tough time with James.

rubbERR
10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Blake thrives in low pressure situations. This is why he sucks at the grand slams. Seriously, if the US Open was played in the park near my house and only the 10 people nearby watched Blake would have won that tournament 10 times already. I kid but really, James doesn't rise to the occasion in the big moments that's why he's a Mickey Mouse king.

So why don't you crawl back into that gutter then?

DelPo at his best never bageled Blake...infact they went 5 sets. Blake = bad matchup for DelPo. Delpo has a huge swing on the forehand and a weak second serve and Blake takes the ball super early robs JDMP of time and munches on second serves. On a fast hard court DelPo will always be having a tough time with James.

Everything is bad matchup for him now, he cant beat anyone inside top 30 and not even Blake who is pretty much done in highest level.

AO 10 Delpo played with wrist injury, even Michael Russell took set off him, he wasnt good that tournament.

Use your brain before writing, again. Its getting really really annoying to read crap like that. :lol:

rocketassist
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Everything is bad matchup for him now, he cant beat anyone inside top 30 and not even Blake who is pretty much done in highest level.

AO 10 Delpo played with wrist injury, even Michael Russell took set off him, he wasnt good that tournament.

Use your brain before writing, again. Its getting really really annoying to read crap like that. :lol:

He hurt his wrist in the Cilic match I think.

You don't beat anyone with an injured wrist. Look how Murray was getting breadsticked everywhere by Baghdatis, Fognini etc when he came back from his 2007 wrist problem too soon.

abraxas21
10-20-2011, 01:15 PM
ruberr being a pony fanboy as usual

things havent changed

nalbyfan
10-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Delpo played a poor match and James played great. I'm not especially surprised by this result

cristalmeister
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Sooo great by mr blake :D

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Learn how to read. I said tennis legacy...player's career, not tennis in general. I watch all masters and gs events, even some MM tournaments, but tennis player's career (very top player's career to be more specific i.e. anyone in top 4-5, more or less) is judged by how many slams he has won. And yes people still remember Johansson. He was never top 5 material and people remember him BECAUSE he won a slam. Rios, only reason why people outside South America remember him is to point out that he was no.1 and never won a slam.

What a joke. Listen to your self. If Murray and Del Pot both retired tomorrow, Del Po would be forgotten as another one slam wonder. Murray would automatically be the most successful player to have never won a slam in the Open era, and would be remembered for a good long, out of curiosity if nothing else. Same thing about Rios having all that success but no slam. Why you are even talking about legacy with players 24 and 23 is baffling. Just go back to your cave you glory hunting clown.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 03:27 PM

I LOVE YOUR SIGY

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Fumus
10-20-2011, 05:39 PM

??

He hurt his wrist in the Cilic match I think.

You don't beat anyone with an injured wrist. Look how Murray was getting breadsticked everywhere by Baghdatis, Fognini etc when he came back from his 2007 wrist problem too soon.

:wavey:

Ibracadabra
10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
if murray retired tomorrow he would be remembered as a scotish no balls loser. he needs a slam

martinatreue
10-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Murray is a way better play in my OPINION. Del Potro got his slam though so Murray can easily be seen by many posters as a lesser player. That's a certainly legitimate viewpoint too, but I just feel from everything I have seen that Murray is the better player at his peak level. Just my two cents.

Roadmap
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
So if slams are all important does that mean that if Murray wins the Aussie open Del Potro would still be considered Murrays equal as they would have one each? I have no problem with Del Potro by the way. Surely Murray having significantly more titles and 11 million dollars more prize money counts for something.

Topspindoctor
10-21-2011, 12:09 AM

Nobody cares.

Injuries are part of the sport, if he can't keep healthy and his results suffer because of that, then it's his own problem.

jcempire
10-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Wow.
32 years old Blake still can play good match

Sapeod
10-21-2011, 12:43 AM
if murray retired tomorrow he would be remembered as a scotish no balls loser. he needs a slam
He has a far superior career to Del Potro, though.

rubbERR
10-21-2011, 01:32 AM
He has a far superior career to Del Potro, though.

Murray is far more superior player than Delpo is, its not too hard to see if you look their results. Ignore the trolls man. :lol:

One slam aint making Delpo better, he has to show more... but He cant even beat his coach probably atm so i doubt he will improve his achivements anytime soon.