What to do when feeling stressed and overwhelmed. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What to do when feeling stressed and overwhelmed.

Filo V.
10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey everyone, I'm still around. I know I haven't posted much the past several days, but that's because I've been with someone special (and if you want further info on that, you can go to my thread in the chat threads).

Anyway, even though I've been having a great time with this friend who is on vacation down here in Richmond for a week, I'm still very, very not happy overall, and I feel like I'm on the verge of a complete emotional and psychological breakdown. My stomach feels tight and I'm even shaking a little bit. I can elaborate on the reasons why but first of all, I want to know, what should I do to get myself in a better frame of mind? I don't usually go through spells like this, but everything has sort of caught up to me, and I don't really know how to handle it. Mostly, I just want someone to talk to, I don't want to throw my shit on my friends. I need help, though. I know that I'm not the type to take feeling like this for long.

So, yes, any suggestions or advice is very welcome, thank you :wavey: And not just for me, but overall, what works best for you when you're feeling down? What cheers you up? Or do you simply not allow yourself to feel so low?

Johnny Groove
10-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Do something you enjoy.

For me, I play tennis or smoke cannabis.

jmjhb
10-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I hit the gym.

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Get drunk.

merryploughbhoy
10-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Smoke weed or have a drink, get out the house and keep busy,go to the gym. Ring a friend or family member you've not spoke to for ages and have a chat(not about the problem). Keep you're mind off whatever it is as much as you can. Try some of they things and the problem will go in time...

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Eat chocolate cake w/ strawberries on top, on the side have a nice glass of wine:angel:

star
10-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Marijuana just doesn’t seem like an antidote for feeling depressed. :confused:

Also seeking help from MTF posters seems like a total shot in the dark.

Go see a professional who gives therapy.

BodyServe
10-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Dark chocolate worked quite well for me.

Sadly, you can't do much, just hope for better times.

BodyServe
10-19-2011, 11:16 PM
troll Fedtards

Works everytime hahaha.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 11:38 PM
troll Fedtards.

Works everytime hahaha.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Roadmap
10-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Go on lots of long walks. That should help you clear your head but I am not an expert.

Roadmap
10-20-2011, 12:12 AM
6 Kilometers a day for four or five days/nights a week. I actually walked 6 miles three weeks back and still feel the pain in my right foot. Six Kilometers is a better balance.

alter ego
10-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Join the Rafa tard brigade?

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Join the Rafa tard brigade?

oh you are a bad little boy:devil:

Ilovetheblues_86
10-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Maybe you are having repetitive thoughts in your mind. An obsessive mind is an ask for a catastrophe.

I remember once I was visiting my friend after a long time living in his town, and I was biored as hell, and I could feel at the same time my friend was suffering from slightly depression, it made me want to kill him and myself together.

Things will get better for you, but sometimes you need some time to relax. Dont try to fight it. Get away from people sometime, stay on your house, taklk with your parents, etc. Te best way to deal with stress is to empty your mind from problems or questions.

Dont try to be so serious too

for example, if you want you can say

nadal

you are

ridiculous my friend mwahaha

have fun :dance:

rocketassist
10-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Fuck groupies?

Johnny Groove
10-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Marijuana just doesn’t seem like an antidote for feeling depressed. :confused:

Also seeking help from MTF posters seems like a total shot in the dark.

Go see a professional who gives therapy.

I dunno, star.

Whenever I smoke cannabis, a smile just can't help but creep over my face.

fast_clay
10-20-2011, 03:32 AM
go buy a ticket to munich or stuttgart and trawl the streets for some fat old bratwurst bro... should be someone vending there for sure...

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 06:52 AM
I read Sapeod's posts :rocker2:

JolánGagó
10-20-2011, 09:26 AM
wank hourly.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I read Sapeod's posts :rocker2:

:worship: :worship: :worship: you should add "The Magician" and "MuzzahLovah" in the mix cuz their crazy:o:devil:

Topspindoctor what will i do w/o you:angel:

Filo V.
10-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Maybe you are having repetitive thoughts in your mind. An obsessive mind is an ask for a catastrophe.

I remember once I was visiting my friend after a long time living in his town, and I was biored as hell, and I could feel at the same time my friend was suffering from slightly depression, it made me want to kill him and myself together.

Things will get better for you, but sometimes you need some time to relax. Dont try to fight it. Get away from people sometime, stay on your house, taklk with your parents, etc. Te best way to deal with stress is to empty your mind from problems or questions.

Dont try to be so serious too

for example, if you want you can say

nadal

you are

ridiculous my friend mwahaha

have fun :dance:
Thank you, your advice is very helpful, you always seem to say the right things :)

Filo V.
10-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks for all serious responses. The gym is definitely a perfect way to get stress off, but it doesn't really do a lot if you feel sad. I feel pretty decent now, but I'm definitely going to use the gym advice if I feel really tense.

Filo V.
10-21-2011, 03:48 AM
Fuck groupies?

That usually works, but I'm a kept man this week :angel: