Best Quotes from Movies [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Best Quotes from Movies

Hian-GOAT
10-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I'll start with a true diamond of our world :bowdown:
From "The Mist", Mrs Carmody:

The day I need a friend like you, I'll just have myself a little squat and shit one out.

:worship:

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
'I am your father'. Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire strikes back.

Black Adam
10-20-2011, 08:24 PM
A classic:
for a moment there i thought we were in trouble.

Lopez
10-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Marlon Brando from on the Waterfront:

"I coulda been a contender... I coulda been something, instead of a bum, which is what I am"

:worship:

BodyServe
10-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Full Metal Jacket:

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How tall are you, private?
Private Cowboy: Sir, five-foot-nine, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high!

MTwEeZi
10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
"Motherf***ing snakes" - Samuel L. Jackson

Pirata.
10-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Any quote from the The Godfather

Shirogane
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
"Consider that a divorce." —Total Recall :cool:

Orka_n
10-21-2011, 12:57 AM
"He is the one." - The Matrix
"Why. So. Serious?" - The Dark Knight
"Hasta la vista, baby." - Terminator 2

Topspindoctor
10-21-2011, 01:55 AM
"Stepping on an insect and not crushing it takes a great deal of restraint" - Captain Aizen to Renji, Bleach.

Ivanatis
10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
http://static.tumblr.com/wwmrqce/CR2lpudhy/teeth_isitsafe_marathonman.jpg

http://fridgemagnetmadness.com/images/categories/fm_casablanca-kid-quote.jpg

and an underrated classic from NCFOM:

Llewelyn Moss: If I don't come back, tell mother I love her.
Carla Jean Moss: Your mother's dead, Llewelyn.
Llewelyn Moss: Well then I'll tell her myself.

Kolya
10-21-2011, 03:07 AM
At my signal, unleash hell.Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator)

Orka_n
10-21-2011, 03:37 AM
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing." - Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Shirogane
10-21-2011, 12:21 PM
http://fridgemagnetmadness.com/images/categories/fm_casablanca-kid-quote.jpg

Hugh Laurie and Leighton Meester were funny and cute together, but you can't beat the original. :worship:

Kat_YYZ
10-21-2011, 12:28 PM
lots of good stuff in Pulp Fiction. "English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?" :lol:

fast_clay
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
The Big Lebowski (1998)
What's this day of rest shit? What's this bullshit? I don't fuckin' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the fucks in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have fucked you in the ass Saturday. I fuck you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

idBhoV01ryo

Hian-GOAT
10-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Any quote from the The Godfather

Yess amazing :cool:
Clementia :worship:

Shirogane
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
I will have to check that out.Check your pm. ;)

tennizen
10-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Shawshank Redemption- Morgan Freeman narration.

Oh, Andy loved geology. I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn poster. Like I said, in prison a man will do most anything to keep his mind occupied. Turns out Andy's favorite hobby was totin' his wall out into the exercise yard, a handful at a time.

Everko
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
It's a robot. A god damn Robot. - Alien

Like finds a way - Jurassic Park

Don't go into the long grass! - Jurassic Park 2

May the Force be with you - every star wars movie

Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that - Star wars 3

Lopez
10-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Some of the quotes listed here don't really qualify :rolleyes:

acionescu
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Some like it Hot

Jerry(pulling his wig): I'm a man! I'm a maaaaaan!!!!
Osgood Fielding the IIIrd: Nobody's perfect :D

Har-Tru
10-22-2011, 12:04 AM
The Big Lebowski (1998)

idBhoV01ryo

I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk-off behaviour. And I don't like you, jerk-off.

Har-Tru
10-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Some like it Hot

One of the true classic movie lines. Wilder :worship:

Echoes
10-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Tuco: when you shoot shoot don't talk
Angel Eyes/Sentenza: Like a little music with your meal, Tuco?
Blondie: The way back to town is only 70 miles. If you save your breath, I feel a man like you could manage it. Adiós.
(Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo)

Harmonica: I saw three of these dusters a short time ago, they were waiting for a train. Inside the dusters, there were three men. […] Inside the men, there were three bullets.

Harmonica: The reward for this man is 5000 dollars, is that right?
Cheyenne: Judas was content for 4970 dollars less.
Harmonica: There were no dollars in them days.
Cheyenne: But sons of bitches... yeah.
(C’era una volta il West)

Rob Diehl: Hey Gene, is he dead?
Gene Ryack: Well Rob, if he’s not dead, he’s very very calm
Rob Diehl: oh shit, hey Gene, we are not here at this moment …
Gene Ryack: Yeah, I saw Nixon on TV
Rob Diehl: … so of course, this didn’t happen
Gene Ryack: well maybe it did not happen for you or for Nixon but I think it did happen for Doug
Rob Diehl: Hey Gene, You will remember what I said?... Shhhh!
Gene Ryack: Well the problem is Rob,since you and I aren't here, this conversation never happened, so I can’t remember what the fuck you didn't tell me!

Rob Diehl: You know more about it than American intelligence!
Gene Ryack: Rob, I wish you wouldn't use the words American Intelligence to describe what it is you do!
(Air America)

Annabelle: What is it with you and Indians anyway?
Maverick: Oh, nothing. I try and shoot one a day, if possible, before noon. […] I figure it's their fault for being on our land before we got here.

(Maverick)

Quand on aura mis les cons sur orbite, t’as pas fini de tourney (When bastards are sent to orbit, you won’t stop turning)

[Le Pacha]

Where life had no value Death sometimes had its price, that’s why the bounty killers appeared.
[Intro of Per qualche dollario in piu]

Man with no Name: The dead can be very useful sometimes. They’ve helped me out of tough spots more than once. First, they don’t talk. Second, they can be made to look alive if I manage it right. And third-well, third, if you shoot them, there’s no worry, ‘cause they’re dead already. Understand?

(Per un pugno di dollari)

Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill smelled like … victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

(Apocalypse Now)

ALi78xSaP0Y
Philip Marlowe (voiceover): Moose wouldn’t do any harm. It didn't matter to him that she hadn't written to him in six years or even gone to see him while he was in jail. It didn't matter to him that she had turned him in for a reward. The big lug loved her. And if he was still alive,it wouldn't matter that she'd pumped three bullets into him. What a world.

(Farewell My Lovely)

Le Ministre : Vous l'avez vendu. (You sold him)
Colonel Martin : Non... pas vendu, monsieur le Ministre. Donné. Par raison d'état, c'est gratuit la raison d'état enfin souvent...(No… not sold, Mister the Minister. Given. For reasons of state. Reasons of state are for free.
Farges : Il viendra pas Beaumont, on va poireauter toute la nuit pour rien. Si t'étais en cavale t'irais chez ta femme ? (Beaumont won’t come. We’re gonna wait all night. If you were on the run, would you go and see your wife ?)
Policier (cop) : Moi ? Non, j'irais chez la tienne... (Me ? No, I’d go and see yours)
[Le professionnel]

Hanay : How far is Winnipeg from Montreal ?
Mr Memory: Ah a gentleman from Canada. You’re welcome, sir. Winnipeg, the third city of Canada and the capital of the province of Manitoba. Its distance from Montreal is 1424 miles. Am I right, sir?

(The 39 Steps - Hitchcock version)

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-23-2011, 05:31 PM

I would say the best is

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire strikes back

The_Nadal_effect
10-23-2011, 07:46 PM
From John Carpenter's THEY LIVE:

Wp_K8prLfso

abraxas21
10-23-2011, 07:59 PM
it's the whole scene

muBJimrD7_M

abraxas21
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
Time to die.

blade runner

buddyholly
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
"I don't think that's strange.''

"But you're DADA!"

Kolya
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
3LAnmnS0-9g

Shooter McGavin: You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!
Happy Gilmore: [laughing] You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
Shooter McGavin: [long pause] No!

The_Nadal_effect
10-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Show me the money! Actually this movie had some other memorable one liners as well.

ZTFJocQBLyE

tennizen
10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Igor: Dr. Frankenstein...
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Fronkensteen."
Igor: You're putting me on.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No... "Frederick."
Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen."
Igor: I see.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor.
[He pronounces it ee-gor]
Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor."
Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?

XaPZZJVDx6Y

tennizen
10-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Dr.Strangelove

President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

EddieNero
10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
"Fuck you". Most of movies.

Start da Game
10-24-2011, 07:48 PM
TGTB&TU

"who the hell is that? one bastard goes in, another comes out"

"you are the son of a thousand fathers, all bastards like you, and your mother, your motherrrrrrrr you bastard"

"i want that blond alive"

OUATITW

"now that you have called me by name..."

"cheyenne's men don't get killed"

rocky - 1

"go for the ribs, don't let that bastard breathe"

the dark knight

"you know how i got these scars?"

"how about alive?"

"this is sparta!"

gladiator

"at my signal, unleash hell"

abraxas21
10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
:lol:

when i saw that start_da_game was the last poster in this thread, i knew he'd mention lines from the movies 300 and rocky

Start da Game
10-24-2011, 08:09 PM
:lol:

when i saw that start_da_game was the last poster in this thread, i knew he'd mention lines from the movies 300 and rocky

300 is the best battle movie ever and rocky is the best sports movie ever......no surprise that start da game likes those two movies......tgtb&tu is probably the greatest western ever......so no problem with that either i guess......

Roadmap
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly :bowdown: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=the%20good%20the%20bad%20and%20the%20ugly%20'its %20for%20you'&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.liveleak.com%2Fview%3Fi%3D43f _1316118639&ei=ibqlTorXNtGHhQfEl6DQBA&usg=AFQjCNFaE_tV18oDSR8UchnTdXVsJJktcQ :haha:

Seingeist
10-24-2011, 08:36 PM
and an underrated classic from NCFOM:

Nearly every line from NCFOM is a classic, as are most of the lines in every Coen movie (Lebowski already quoted here as well).

NCFOM:
Ed Tom Bell: "Point bein,' even in the contest between man and steer, the issue is not certain."

Miller's Crossing:
"Verna: That's not why you came, either.
Tom Reagan: Tell me why I came.
Verna: [seductively] The oldest reason there is.
Tom Reagan: There are friendlier places to drink."

Start da Game
10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly :bowdown: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=the%20good%20the%20bad%20and%20the%20ugly%20'its %20for%20you'&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.liveleak.com%2Fview%3Fi%3D43f _1316118639&ei=ibqlTorXNtGHhQfEl6DQBA&usg=AFQjCNFaE_tV18oDSR8UchnTdXVsJJktcQ :haha:

wallach clearly stole the show in that movie even though eastwood and van cleef were nothing short of brilliant.....

tennizen
10-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Butch Cassidy..

Butch Cassidy: [singing] Don't ever hit your mother with a shovel. It will leave a dull impression on her mind.

Roadmap
10-24-2011, 08:58 PM
wallach clearly stole the show in that movie even though eastwood and van cleef were nothing short of brilliant.....

Van Cleef was an exceptional bad guy in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly :cool: Calculating and vicious.

Deathless Mortal
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Scarface
Tony Montana: Say hello to my little friend!

Scent of a woman
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Clear them little bottles off. And when I get off the phone here, call up Hyman and tell him I want it wall to wall with John Daniels.
Charlie Simms: Don't you mean Jack Daniels?
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: He may be Jack to you son, but when you've known him as long as I have... that's a joke.

Har-Tru
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Anatomy of a Murder (1959)

Judge: Will the attorneys for both sides approach the bench, please? .... Mr. Biegler, you finally got your **** into the case. And I think all of the details should now be made clear to the jury. Do you agree, Mr. Lodwick?

Prosecutor: Absolutely.

Judge: What exactly was the undergarment just referred to?

Defense: Panties, your honor.

J: Do you expect this subject to come up again?

D: Yes sir.

J: There's a certain light connotation attached to the word panties. Can we find another name for them?

Prosecution: I never heard my wife call them anything else.

J: Mr. Biegler?

D: I'm a bachelor, your Honor.

J: That's a great help. Mr. Dancer?

Dancer: I was overseas during the war, your Honor. I learned a French word. I'm afraid it might be slightly suggestive.

J: Most French words are. All right gentlemen, back to your places. (to the rest of the court) For the benefit of the jury, but more especially for the spectators, the undergarment referred to in the testimony was, to be exact, Mrs. Manion's panties. (laughter in the court) I wanted you to get your snickering over and done with. This pair of panties will be mentioned again in the course of this trial, and when it happens, there will not be one laugh, one snicker, one giggle, or even one smirk in my courtroom. There isn't anything comic about a pair of panties which figure in the violent death of one man and the possible incarceration of another. Proceed, Mr. Biegler.

selyoink
10-25-2011, 01:16 AM
300 is the best battle movie ever and rocky is the best sports movie ever......no surprise that start da game likes those two movies......tgtb&tu is probably the greatest western ever......so no problem with that either i guess......

You deserved to be banned for thinking 300 is the best battle movie ever. That movie is utter garbage.

Topspindoctor
10-25-2011, 01:21 AM

Are you kidding me? 300 was utter garbage made for teenagers obsessed with special effects.

Time Violation
10-25-2011, 10:51 AM
The Long Kiss Goodnight:

Charlie: Chefs do that.

Gran Torino:

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.

80 or not, Clint still rocks :D

Chirag
10-25-2011, 11:09 AM
The line from the godfather

"I gave him an offer he couldn't refuse "

From the Good ,Bad and the Ugly

"When you gotta shoot shoot dont talk "

That line in Die Hard

"Supervisor :Attention, whoever you are, this channel is reserved for emergency calls only.
John :No f*cking shit, lady. Does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza? "

Kolya
10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
QcvjoWOwnn4

More of a speech than quote.

Start da Game
10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
You deserved to be banned for thinking 300 is the best battle movie ever. That movie is utter garbage.

300's theme was very captivating......i don't give a damn about whether its special effects or not.....the story telling and the feel of the movie is incredible......

Hian-GOAT
10-25-2011, 05:50 PM
3LAnmnS0-9g

OMG --> Oh my GOAT :hysteric:

abraxas21
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.
from dazed and confused

actually, the whole movie is quite memorable

Seingeist
10-25-2011, 07:43 PM
80 or not, Clint still rocks :D

Are you kidding? He does not simply "still rock," Clint rocks EVEN MORE in his old age. He is at the peak of his bad-assery in Gran Torino. :)

Time Violation
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Are you kidding? He does not simply "still rock," Clint rocks EVEN MORE in his old age. He is at the peak of his bad-assery in Gran Torino. :)

Lol, yea, as one review said, he looks chiseled in granite there :D Though man with no name was also top notch :)

Kolya
10-26-2011, 11:05 AM
qwicLgOGJOI

Patrick Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

Roadmap
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
The Terminator http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eleoJabi2os ''Come with me if you want to live'' :smoke:

Chirag
10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Though man with no name was also top notch :)

great movies .Really loved those 3 .All time movies

Roadmap
10-26-2011, 10:28 PM
''Do you expect me to talk?'' ''No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die''

Roadmap
10-27-2011, 12:18 AM
''Dead or alive, you are coming with me'' Robocop.

Shirogane
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
"Mr. Kane was a man who got everything he wanted and then lost it. Maybe Rosebud was something he couldn't get, or something he lost. Anyway, it wouldn't have explained anything... I don't think any word can explain a man's life. No, I guess Rosebud is just a... piece in a jigsaw puzzle... a missing piece."
—Citizen Kane (1941)

Harmless
10-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

GBsSttJsZOc

Edda
11-02-2011, 02:10 AM
"You don't own someone like D.C. He's family." That Darn Cat

"You're an odd mix, Roger. Terribly, absolutely English, with that maddening quality of American independence. What in the world are we to do with you?" Four Minutes, about British runner Roger Bannister

Mjau!
11-02-2011, 04:09 AM
nT0OqHr3wHQ

Ivanatis
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Xa_db5l0q4Q

(In Bruges)

Har-Tru
11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Xa_db5l0q4Q

(In Bruges)

That one's great.

electronicmusic
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM
lots of good stuff in Pulp Fiction. "English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?" :lol:

Good taste!

Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

Jules: Look, do you wanna play blindman? Go walk with the shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide fucking open.
Vincent: What the fuck does that mean?
Jules: It means, that's it for me. From here on in you can consider my ass retired.
Vincent: Jesus Christ.
Jules: Don't blaspheme.
Vincent: Goddamn.
Jules: I said don't do that!

RIboy
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
UPHuE5pDlEs&feature=related
lQkpes3dgzg&feature=related

Seingeist
11-30-2011, 10:18 PM
(In Bruges)

Brilliant movie.

buddyholly
12-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Brilliant movie.

Of course it was.

Who knows this one?

''You're chewing gum, aren't you''?

Midnight Ninja
12-01-2011, 05:12 AM
http://youtu.be/rNdKBPcVGJI

rNdKBPcVGJI

dabeast
12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
^^ love that one.

Leonard Shelby: You know, I think I'd rather be mistaken for a dead guy than a killer.

Leonard: I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there? Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different. Now, where was I?

Somerset:Gentleman, gentleman... I never understand. All these books... a world of knowledge at your fingertips, and what do you do? You play poker all night.

Somerset: Ernest Hemingway once wrote "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for". I agree with the second part.

Mills: You're no messiah. You're a movie of the week. You're a fucking t-shirt, at best.

Alfred Pennyworth: Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

buddyholly
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
http://youtu.be/rNdKBPcVGJI

rNdKBPcVGJI

So somebody saying his name qualifies as a ''best quote'' now.

Har-Tru
12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Of course it was.

Who knows this one?

''You're chewing gum, aren't you''?

Is that from The Birdcage?

Midnight Ninja
12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
So somebody saying his name qualifies as a ''best quote'' now.

Yes, the only thing that he did in the entire scene I posted was say his name.

Mister Plum
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
TmoRVhG1VEE

KuStsFW4EmQ

more later :spit:

asmazif
12-12-2011, 05:20 PM
9C4vKlx2kfY

obvs