Who puts more topspin or their backhand: Nadal or Djokovic? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who puts more topspin or their backhand: Nadal or Djokovic?

Rodre Fegassi
10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I've heard everything on Nadals backhand from "he hits it quite flat" to "he has the most topspin on it out of any backhand in the history of the game."

Well, which is it, and how does it compare to Djokovic's?

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
nole's BH reminds me alot like vika's BH but with more power, Rafa actually his BH is flat and more pace than his FH for some reason, i thought that it was the other way around but maybe its the same

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Nadull has a backhand? :haha:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
yes he does, he BH was deadly and it was his strongest when he first came on tour:rolleyes:

ROADMAP WELCOME BACK :facepalm:

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
It was deadly at times but it has never been consistently deadly outside of passing shots. It was never better than his forehand.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Djokovic.

Johnny Groove
10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
It is all situational, chaps.

Of course from the baseline with the intent of a rally shot, both guys will hit heavy topspin.

When going for a winner and moving up the court, they will flatten it out.

abraxas21
10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
nadull either moonballs (i mean that literally because he uses little or no topspin whatsoever there) with the backhand or flattens it out

nadal can only add heavy topspin with his forehand

Hian-GOAT
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Nadal is such a Moonballing-GOAT :bowdown: Even Dominguez-Lino is jealous of him :rocker:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 07:41 PM
rafa has great technique is moonballing :angel:

stewietennis
10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Nadal hits a normal 2H backhand with as much topspin as everyone else on tour. His FH has the most topspin because he hits it an odd way.

MuzzahLovah
10-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Djokovic uses more topspin, that's why he able to go down the line so often without over hitting.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Nadal hits a normal 2H backhand with as much topspin as everyone else on tour. His FH has the most topspin because he hits it an odd way.
its called "The BOOGEY woop" forehand:devil:

DELIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOUUUUUUU UUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSS:drool:

MatchFederer
10-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Looks like El Nolio to me.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 10:33 PM
ok so......
Nadal has the best passing shots = BH
Murray is the best crosscourt shot = BH
Djokovic is the best DTL shot = BH

:D

The Magician
10-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Nadull hits the ball completely flat off the backhand, he just hits it at a 70 degree angle at the sky. Fakervic is usually doing a gymnastic split on the floor to be dramatic when he hits the backhand so there's no way to get any topspin on it. So neither of them, one moonballs and the other pushes :wavey:

MatchFederer
10-20-2011, 12:43 AM
ok so......
Nadal has the best passing shots = BH
Murray is the best crosscourt shot = BH
Djokovic is the best DTL shot = BH

:D

hmm Nadal with the best BH passing shots, I don't think so. Even if he does, his BH is clearly inferior to Murray's or Djo's anyway.

moon language
10-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Most of the time Nadal puts more topspin on his.

MuzzahLovah
10-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Nadull hits the ball completely flat off the backhand, he just hits it at a 70 degree angle at the sky. Fakervic is usually doing a gymnastic split on the floor to be dramatic when he hits the backhand so there's no way to get any topspin on it. So neither of them, one moonballs and the other pushes :wavey:

You say that like it's not impressive! It's Clisters-like, but Djokovic has his balls to worry about. Can't hate Djokovic merging gymnastics with tennis.

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Nadal. He puts too much spin on it, making it a liability in rallies. His BH passes are sublime, but as a rally shot it's nothing special and he can't hit DTL flat BH's to save his life :sad:

out_grinder
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM
But check this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJpmtCm70Vc

When shown in slow-motion, Djokovic looks like he's almost scooping most of his rally backhands with an open racket face.

Surely that isn't the way to generate a lot of topspin?

Who creates a lot more topspin than Djokovic on their (two-handed) backhand? And, in the world of 2hbh's, is Djokovic's even considered especially spinny? Or just average?