Stockholm R2: Haas chokes to Anderson 7-6 4-6 4-6 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stockholm R2: Haas chokes to Anderson 7-6 4-6 4-6

henke007
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Choked identical love servicegames at 4-4 in 2nd and 3rd set :o

Anderson served very good and accepted the gifts from Haas.

Agrajag
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM
As usual the less talented and less entertaining player wins.

What else is new?

STUHL
10-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes the service game in the 2nd Set was really bad by Tommy, but in the decider Anderson played a great Return Game to get the Break. And the South African served with 81% first Serves. Incredible!

leng jai
10-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Haas looked pretty good for most of the much but pretty much tanked the last few games. Gramps was getting tired.

Anderson's serving was pretty insane.

Li Ching Yuen
10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Good match. Anderson's impeccable serving was too strong in the end.

Ad Wim
10-19-2011, 02:33 PM
As usual the less talented and less entertaining player wins.

What else is new?

You mean the player with more rhytm and form? Clearly that was the difference today.

madmax
10-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Choked? Anderson broke to love in the 3rd set...this match was NID

Sunset of Age
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Didn't watch all of it, but from what I saw I conclude that 1) Anderson served great, and 2) Haas didn't choke, but merely ran out of gaz towards the end of the match.

leng jai
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
You mean the player with more rhytm and form? Clearly that was the difference today.

Errrr better serving form maybe. Haas was winning the majority of the rallies especially in the second set.

Ad Wim
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Good and entertaining match. Incredible serving, but also lots of long and good rallies. Both played really well, but Haas had 2 bad service games that cost him the match.

Anderson was very consistent and played very well from the baseline imo. Best I've seen him play in a while.
Lots of winners, also with his backhand. Can do some damage here, playing like this.

His knee was taped severely, is that serious?

Good to see Haas play well like this, BTW. With a little more match practice, he can really compete on this service.

Ad Wim
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Choked identical love servicegames at 4-4 in 2nd and 3rd set :o

Anderson served very good and accepted the gifts from Haas.

Lol @ choked. Please learn the definition of choking.

Ad Wim
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Errrr better serving form maybe. Haas was winning the majority of the rallies especially in the second set.

Only watched patches of the 2nd set, but saw Anderson winning quite some rallies there. Of course Haas is the better baseliner normally, but didn't really see any difference today. Anderson made very few wild errors that he usually makes.

henke007
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Lol @ choked. Please learn the definition of choking.

lol he dropped serve btb sets to love at 4-4 offcourse it was a choke, maybe not a choke like verdasco with 40-0 and 3 mp.s vs Soda but still he choked . He played well and served great except when it really mattered. :wavey:

Ad Wim
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Choking at least indicates that you're the much better player. He wasn't.
And choking normally involves blowing a big lead or mps, like you said about Verdasco. That wasn't the case either.

So this wasn't a choke at all. Just a good match with two pretty equal players, where one player just lacked the rhytm to deliver in each and every service game.

hotdog
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
His knee has been taped for a lot of his recent matches. Anderson characterised his knee injury as "cartilage wear and tear" and said that he needs to keep a careful eye on the problem as he plays on. "There's a lot of treatment involved, but I'm happy with the progress."

Sham Kay
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Haas obviously still has it, just needs more match practice to get his competitive juices flowing properly. He'd be beating guys like Anderson handily without these slip-ups with a bunch of tournaments in a row behind him, that's the unfortunate thing.

philosophicalarf
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Anderson served incredibly. Just as well really, considering his ground game was really wobbly (was the same last round). Not striking it cleanly at all, presumably movement-related.

Haas looked pretty good ........ but as usual this year since the comeback he can't return for crap. Against anybody with a decent serve he's tiebreaks or bust.

Mongoose
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
disappointing yet somehow encouraging at the same time

:bowdown:Haasi

LawrenceOfTennis
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Two clowns taking each others time.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-19-2011, 04:03 PM
:bigcry:

kingroger
10-19-2011, 05:25 PM
If Haas continues playing like that he will be rewarded...... THe form is getting better and better and if he continues next year he'll be dangerous for everyone

Mountaindewslave
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
sad about this result, Tommy come on time is running out

Sunset of Age
10-19-2011, 07:40 PM
sad about this result, Tommy come on time is running out

The result is obviously not what Haas' fans wanted to see, but I think there surely are some positive signs to take from this match. He managed to keep it close for most of the match, just to name one thing, was playing well, just ran out of gaz when it mattered most. Somehow I feel it's yet too early to ditch him into the retirement booth. ;)

Dougie
10-19-2011, 07:44 PM
The result is obviously not what Haas' fans wanted to see, but I think there surely are some positive signs to take from this match. He managed to keep it close for most of the match, just to name one thing, was playing well, just ran out of gaz when it mattered most. Somehow I feel it's yet too early to ditch him into the retirement booth. ;)

True, his first few comeback-matches were pretty horrible, now he´s at least playing at a decent level, even if there´s still some way to go.

rubbERR
10-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Haas did make Anderson serve look better than it is, still rusty. Players returning on tour has always most trouble seeing serves well first few months.

Certinfy
10-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Kevin :D