Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

nadalwon2012
10-18-2011, 01:50 PM
When Nadal and Federer met at the 2009 AO it was as thriller, Federer won more points than Nadal but lost the match.

http://www.leaktainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Rafael-Nadal-v-Roger-Federer.jpg
http://showstalker.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/rafael-nadal-roger-federer-aus-open-1.jpg

When Djokovic and Federer have met at the AO, Djokovic has won the last 6 sets.

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/djokovic-family-aus08.jpg?w=450

So who would Federer rather play at the 2012 AO? Based on those results, Nadal? Yet based on the other slams (Federer owning Djokovic at 2011 RG and Federer all but beating Djokovic at 2011 USO), Federer would rather play Djokovic.

Saberq
10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah Federer owned Djokovic at RG almost went to 5 sets stupid Rafatard....Fed can beat Rafa on AO surface he cant beat Novak .......

nadalwon2012
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And just as you claim the 2011 RG meeting was a close 4 setter....the 2011 AO meeting was equally close in terms of each set. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.

Saberq
10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.

I would agree on some points but Novak is just better than fed at that surface ...

nadalwon2012
10-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I would agree on some points but Novak is just better than fed at that surface ...

Yeah but we aren't asking who Federer will beat. The odds are not in Federer's favor in either matchup (Djokovic the favorite because of surface, Nadal the favorite because of h2h history), but who would Federer like his chances against most?

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Juan Monaco

nadalwon2012
10-18-2011, 02:13 PM
As in, if you are a Federer fan, who would you fear most at the 2012 AO, Nadal or Djokovic?

Saberq
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah but we aren't asking who Federer will beat. The odds are not in Federer's favor in either matchup (Djokovic the favorite because of surface, Nadal the favorite because of h2h history), but who would Federer like his chances against most?

Djokovic

nalbyfan
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
He has no chance vs Nole or Nadal, or Murray in 2012, let's be realist

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
As in, if you are a Federer fan, who would you fear most at the 2012 AO, Nadal or Djokovic?

he cant win against Nadal to save his life. Obviously for his fan it must be Djokovic.

But if Djokovic continues this form no way federer can match him either.

nadalwon2012
10-18-2011, 02:25 PM
he cant win against Nadal to save his life. Obviously for his fan it must be Djokovic.

It's almost as if Nadal vs Federer is almost certain to go 5 sets, while Djokovic vs Federer is not. But yeah maybe Fedal is foregone conclusion because of a mental block.

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 02:35 PM
It's almost as if Nadal vs Federer is almost certain to go 5 sets, while Djokovic vs Federer is not. But yeah maybe Fedal is foregone conclusion because of a mental block.

que el falso ?

dodo
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Who knows, at this point.
If Djokovic is anywhere near his 2011 form, he will be by far the better player of the two, but Fed's game matches up quite well against him. Whereas half the time Nadal pretty much just has to show up to collect the win.

green25814
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Its obviously Djokovic.

Personally I think Fed can beat Nadal in HC slams, I think the problem is entirely in his head. But regardless, he seems to find playing Djokovic much easier so Whatever.

Imperfect Angel
10-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Djoker definitely. Fed always had mental blockage when he meets Nadal, no matter how great he plays. Unless Nadal performs poorly, I'd still think Fed will feel more comfortable against Djoker.

nadalwon2012
10-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Who knows, at this point.
If Djokovic is anywhere near his 2011 form, he will be by far the better player of the two, but Fed's game matches up quite well against him. Whereas half the time Nadal pretty much just has to show up to collect the win.

Would you say Djokovic's US Open 2011 and RG 2011 form would be enough to beat Federer convincingly at the 2012 AO? Or would Djokovic need his AO 2011 form?
http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/australian-open-tennis-2011-1-26-3-50-16.jpg
Or is it simply a matter of the AO surface suiting Djokovic a lot more than Federer? Federer never seemed to have a problem with the AO surface in the past. Federer and Agassi have won the most AOs in history (and Federer won on both AO surfaces).

Saberq
10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Djokovic beat Fed at US Open 2011 with his US Open 2011 form so yes he can beat him at AO 2012 with the same form

juan27
10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
australia open is for me , djokovic`s best surface( talking about plexicushion not rebound ace).

I think that if federer faces nadal is semis of AO 2012, he has chances to defeat nadull, when nadal defeated federer in 2009 was peak nadal and anyway needed 5 sets to defeat past peak federer, but this nadal is not the same nadal of first part of 2009(for me) and roger playing good and with nadal in this performance, i think that he can win.

for the guy that say federer not chance of defeat nole, rafa and murray(:rolleyes:).

this year the only who defeat nole and had matchpoints against him was federer:)

freeandlonely
10-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I think it pretty close.
Both are definitely not a sure thing but both are still possible.

Egreen
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Djok, of course.

When was the last time Federer beat Nadal at a slam? Next year it will be 5 years.

Haelfix
10-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I think Federer can definitely beat Rafa at the USO and Wimbledon (I would give him 50-50), but I am not sure if he can on a medium hard like the AO anymore.. Obviously I would have given him the favorite status in his prime (in 09, he was well past his prime and still took Rafa to 5 sets and probably should have won). Still, Rafa annihilated him the last time they played on a slow hard, and he's past the point in his career where I think he can really compete with him physically without having a surface advantage (like grass or fast hards).

Novak is even worse for him at the AO. Federer played about as well as he can play this year against him, and he still lost in 3 sets. I'm not sure if even prime TMF could beat this Novak on this surface. Novak has really revolutionized slow hardcourt play, and looked quasi unbeatable.

So I don't think he has much chance against either, but probably if you had a gun to my head, i'd pick Rafa simply b/c its not a given that Rafa has enough wheels left come that point in the tourney.

DrJules
10-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Match up issue.

Federer will always find Djokovic easier than Nadal.

Sunset of Age
10-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Match up issue.

Federer will always find Djokovic easier than Nadal.

Match-up issue for the most part, yeah, but I'm pretty sure Fed would have really wanted to reach this year's USO final and play Nadal there - and I would have liked his chances this time. Feel free to call me silly. ;)

mooncreek
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Consider that Federer was one point away from beating Djokovic at two different Slams - and did beat him in another one - in the last year and a half. Federer clearly does like the way his game matches up against Djokovic.

Whereas Federer should match up better against Nadal on a hard court but there's a mental block due to the opponent. He should have beaten Nadal in that AO final.

That in mind, better against Djokovic.

heya
10-18-2011, 11:39 PM
carpet and grass were djoker's least fave surfaces.

french open clay and grass are djoker's most choke-prone surfaces (especially after the media/john mcenroe begged repeatedly for his
interviews about breaking records and winning against federer and nadal). you can't blame the bandwagon jumpers who convinced themselves that it took genius tennis from federer to beat roddick 16 times.

djoker said he hurt his rib muscle in cincinnati; that's why he double faulted and moved poorly in the federer us open match.
grasp for more straws. poor fedfanboys.

Time Violation
10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Let's see any of them reach the semis first, it's far from granted :tennis:

Pirata.
10-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Yep, no way Federer can challenge Djokovic, it's not like he beat Djokovic at RG and would've beaten him in USO had he not choked.

Oh wait.

heya
10-19-2011, 12:53 AM
federer would be jerking off and touting himself as the hero worshipped by old champs if djoker had given up after hurting his back, and just moved like an elephant and missed every return as roddick did.

moon language
10-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Djokovic is a more comfortable matchup for Federer on every surface except for a very low bouncing one (ie WTF) where it's more even.

Say Hey Kid
10-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Djokovic would be a bigger favorite against Federer on plexicussion, but i'd give them both the advantage over Fed.

stewietennis
10-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Let's see any of them reach the semis first, it's far from granted :tennis:

I wouldn't say "far", just look at their results in this year's majors.

I believe Fed would have greater trouble with Rafa. That being said, Rafa has a greater chance of being beaten before the semis than Novak so Federer might not have to deal with that problem.

Yolita
10-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And just as you claim the 2011 RG meeting was a close 4 setter....the 2011 AO meeting was equally close in terms of each set. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.

A lot of confidence? After being unable to convert MPs? Every time it wll get harder, he'll remember al those missed chances. He will never have the Roland Garros situation again: Novak carrying the weight of a streak, fighting to become the #1 player for the first time in his life, not having played any competitive matches for almost a week, getting dark, with the entire stadium cheering for Roger and abusing Novak. With all those factors, and producing the best tennis Roger is capable of playing, Roger barely managed to win. What chance does he have under normal condirtions? Zero.

The H2H this year is 4-1. (I never understood why people behave as if it's 1-1, why do they ignore the 3 straight-sets victories for Nole? :rolleyes: ) I hope it gets to 6-1 or 7-1 before the year is over. :devil:

Maybe then the real situation will sink in.

MuzzahLovah
10-19-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm hoping he faces Murray, so Murray can finally get over Fed in slams. If Murray wins, all the tards here will go crazy about him mugging the elderly, but Murray will still be able to take a lot of confidence moving forward.

dabeast
10-19-2011, 04:48 AM
didn't you make this thread in TW already??

juan27
10-19-2011, 05:20 AM
A lot of confidence? After being unable to convert MPs? Every time it wll get harder, he'll remember al those missed chances. He will never have the Roland Garros situation again: Novak carrying the weight of a streak, fighting to become the #1 player for the first time in his life, not having played any competitive matches for almost a week, getting dark, with the entire stadium cheering for Roger and abusing Novak. With all those factors, and producing the best tennis Roger is capable of playing, Roger barely managed to win. What chance does he have under normal condirtions? Zero.

The H2H this year is 4-1. (I never understood why people behave as if it's 1-1, why do they ignore the 3 straight-sets victories for Nole? :rolleyes: ) I hope it gets to 6-1 or 7-1 before the year is over. :devil:

Maybe then the real situation will sink in.

in grand slams (the onlys tournaments that federer`cares with the masters cup) was 2-1 , nothing bad.

with the exeption of australia, nole needed all of him that defeat a 30 years old and past peak federer , with 2 matchpoints against him saved by a miracle shot in us open.

now , we will see in the masters cup too, in that surface and in grass , federer has many chacnes to defeat nole

Saberq
10-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Federer made the biggest mistake letting Novak off the hook this US Open...Now Novak will never doubt himself against him....Fed will never beat him again in a Slam

GSMnadal
10-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Federer has 0,0001% chance against a fit Nadal on a slow hardcourt, best of 5
Federer has 1% chance against a fit Djokovic on a slow hardcourt, best of 5

I think his chances against Murray are pretty slim as well next year at the AO

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
The answer has to be Djokovic. On the other side of the coin Nadal would rather play Federer than play Djokovic. Matchups.

Roadmap
10-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Federer should feel no pressure this year. Let the young fellas share the pressure.

Saberq
10-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Federer has 0,0001% chance against a fit Nadal on a slow hardcourt, best of 5
Federer has 1% chance against a fit Djokovic on a slow hardcourt, best of 5

I think his chances against Murray are pretty slim as well next year at the AO

that's stupid........plus Fed would beat Murray in any Slam with ease...........also you do know that Djokovic is a better hardcourt player than Nadal right?

Time Violation
10-19-2011, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't say "far", just look at their results in this year's majors.

This year is this year... there are still 3 months until AO :)

stewietennis
10-20-2011, 12:30 AM
...........also you do know that Djokovic is a better hardcourt player than Nadal right?

It has little to do with the surface, more like, Fed sees Nadal on the other side and thinks "Here we go again", Fed sees Novak on the other side and thinks "Meh, it's 50/50"

Fujee
10-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Djoker, but if he played well he could beat Rafa - he did play well in 09 but I think Nadal was at an absolute peak and had optimum mental control in that period, Rafa is less of a mental giant these days so Fed could use that to an advantage. It really all depends now, if Jesus turns up he can still win against anyone. But Jesus only makes a cameo every so often these days. Regardless Djoker is a far easier match up for Roger (but it certainly wouldn't be an easy match).

The Magician
10-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Australian tennis federation stood up for themselves in 2007 and sped up the court at Hewitt's request. Federer ended up winning the tournament. They've been paying for that ever since, and the Don Tony mafia has made sure the conditions are perfect for him. The AO is now possibly the worst surface for the Australian players (FO and USO are better for Stosur, Wimby and USO are better for Tomic, Hewitt, and the Gooch) which makes no sense unless Tennis Australia is also subservient to the tennis elites who want Nadull and by extension Fakervic to be champion on all surfaces. Now that Nadull has the CGS, I'm not sure how much power Fakervic has and what will happen to the slam, but at the moment anyway I would rather Fed play Fakervic since at least that match will not be determined ahead of time :o

moon language
10-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Australian tennis federation stood up for themselves in 2007 and sped up the court at Hewitt's request. Federer ended up winning the tournament. They've been paying for that ever since, and the Don Tony mafia has made sure the conditions are perfect for him. The AO is now possibly the worst surface for the Australian players (FO and USO are better for Stosur, Wimby and USO are better for Tomic, Hewitt, and the Gooch) which makes no sense unless Tennis Australia is also subservient to the tennis elites who want Nadull and by extension Fakervic to be champion on all surfaces. Now that Nadull has the CGS, I'm not sure how much power Fakervic has and what will happen to the slam, but at the moment anyway I would rather Fed play Fakervic since at least that match will not be determined ahead of time :o

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/11/27/97c27388-8e9f-4867-8200-89e20c8e61f2.jpg

shiaben
10-20-2011, 04:00 AM
I'll take either or, but Djokovic preferably.

Topspindoctor
10-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Djokovic's flat hitting bothers Olderer a lot less than Nadal's vicious spin. He'd prefer to play Djokovic any day and take chance in final against Nadal, hoping Mugray might wear him down :shrug:

rutinos harcos
10-20-2011, 05:07 AM

federina/balerina chokerer/loserer has zero chances against Rafa I-Beat-olderer/declinerer-With-My-Eyes Closed Nadal and Nole The-King Djokovic.