Fab Four Future? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fab Four Future?

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Can the Fab Four weather 2012?

In 2011, Djokovic and Murray have moved up, Federer and Nadal have moved down, but in a many ways, the fab 4 have looked as unassailable as ever. Two grand slams have finished with the final 4 intact, the other two having 3/4. 3 players have shared all the masters tournaments and gobbled up a number of smaller titles as well. Fed has reached a new low this year, but still seems miles above Ferrer, his next closest competitor.

What is in store for them in 2012?

leng jai
10-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Fab Four? More like Fab THREE!

Amirite?

abraxas21
10-17-2011, 06:13 AM
fab 4 = gooch, boggo, king óscar (RIP), crazy dani (RIP)

Topspindoctor
10-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Mugray will be out of top 4 next year; the huge mouth luck will finally run out and he'll finally begin the downward spiral which will take him out of top 10 by the end of 2012 :drool:

n8
10-17-2011, 06:35 AM
I believe the top 4 ranked players of the year-end 2012 rankings will be the same four as in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Asadinator
10-17-2011, 06:47 AM
No such thing as fab 4.

2 legends, 1 guy whos dethroned 2 legends, 1 under achiever

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 06:59 AM
No such thing as fab 4.

2 legends, 1 guy whos dethroned 2 legends, 1 under achiever

You can squawk to your hearts content, it doesn't change the year end rankings :wavey:

Topspindoctor
10-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Mugray doesn't deserve his rank and his obnoxious and annoying fans like Sapeod and MuzzahLovah should be banned from general forums. I am looking forward to 2012 where Mugray will fail yet again in Melbourne, RG, Wimbledon, Olympics and USO :wavey:

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Mugray doesn't deserve his rank and his obnoxious and annoying fans like Sapeod and MuzzahLovah should be banned from general forums. I am looking forward to 2012 where Mugray will fail yet again in Melbourne, RG, Wimbledon, Olympics and USO :wavey:

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just going to bask in Murray's victories and bageling of Nadal a little longer.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llxv9gYAEs1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Mugray will be out of top 4 next year; the huge mouth luck will finally run out and he'll finally begin the downward spiral which will take him out of top 10 by the end of 2012 :drool:

:rolleyes: You are a sad act.

Chase Visa
10-17-2011, 09:25 AM

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/topics/Irony.png

Saberq
10-17-2011, 12:31 PM
:rolleyes: You are a sad act.

you can hate him all you like but he is telling truth .....Murray is like the 7th guy on the list that can win a Slam....

emotion
10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Ferrer is kinda by himself atm- way behind Federer, way ahead of Berdych. But he's actually closing in on Fed, within 1000

MaxPower
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I believe the top 4 ranked players of the year-end 2012 rankings will be the same four as in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Soderling was year-end nr4 in 2010. Seems like people totally forget he was nr4 from nov to april just because they are obsessed with a fab four. Which sounds a bit gay anyway. Gay as in happy. No prejudice here

But yes both Del Potro and Soderling has shown they can rack up enough points to break the top4. So one of them might do in 2012 or 2013

Ouragan
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I believe Nadal is done and will be #7 by the end of 2011. Dolgopolov will get into the top 4 instead.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Soderling was year-end nr4 in 2010. Seems like people totally forget he was nr4 from nov to april just because they are obsessed with a fab four. Which sounds a bit gay anyway. Gay as in happy. No prejudice here

But yes both Del Potro and Soderling has shown they can rack up enough points to break the top4. So one of them might do in 2012 or 2013

Soderling is like 26 I doubt he will be a factor in 2013

MaxPower
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Soderling is like 26 I doubt he will be a factor in 2013

Yeah forgot how much he needs his lightning quick movement and defensive game :P by 28-29 he will be Olderling. I mean look at Fed, Ferrer, Fish they can barely walk

No actually top50 has exactly how many players younger than 22? one? Tennis is turning into the sport for players aged 25+ these days :)

cfenton463
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM

He wasn't year end no.4.

He was no.4 going into WTF but Murray took no.4 back at the end of WTF only to lose it before the Australian Open.

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm afraid that Federer will probably fall out and be replaced by Ferrer or perhaps Tsonga. He'll stay. Other than that, the top 4 will stay the same, with Andy ending the year ranked #2 or #1.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm afraid that Federer will probably fall out and be replaced by Ferrer or perhaps Tsonga. He'll stay. Other than that, the top 4 will stay the same, with Andy ending the year ranked #2 or #1.

number 1 for sure ...he will win CYGS and a Gold Medal....

The Magician
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
The players will strike all season and bring out the guillotine for Fakervic and the "royal" family :wavey:

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
number 1 for sure ...he will win CYGS and a Gold Medal....
Who, Murray?? CYGS?? Are you kidding?? CYGS is laughable in 2012. If he's going to wi CYGS, it's in 2013 when his peak is stable and the other players are well below him.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Who, Murray?? CYGS?? Are you kidding?? CYGS is laughable in 2012. If he's going to wi CYGS, it's in 2013 when his peak is stable and the other players are well below him.

If he is EVER going to win it will be next year ......2013 he will be 26 and start to slip past his prime

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
If he is EVER going to win it will be next year ......2013 he will be 26 and start to slip past his prime
Prime?? Murray hasn't even reached his prime yet. He'll only be 26. Look at Federer and where he was at at 26, winning 3 slams in that year. Murray will be a long lasting player and win many slams. 2013 will be his very peak yet, I can feel it. 2012 will be the stepping stone to that domination.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Prime?? Murray hasn't even reached his prime yet. He'll only be 26. Look at Federer and where he was at at 26, winning 3 slams in that year. Murray will be a long lasting player and win many slams. 2013 will be his very peak yet, I can feel it. 2012 will be the stepping stone to that domination.

you can feel it?OK ....26 is middle age in tennis years and Murray's game is not the same as of Federer when he was 25,26....Murray is not an attacking player like Fed so he will never dominate...can he win Slams?Sure but not at the rate you expect him too...

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM

I said by year's end. Neither Del Po nor Soderling have finished the season in the top 4.

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I believe Nadal is done and will be #7 by the end of 2011. Dolgopolov will get into the top 4 instead.

hahahhahha i guess now-a-days a player is "done" after a season in which they win a Grand Slam... hmmm, I wonder what that says about Murray who apparently has had good form lately? what a shame :o

Dolgopolov ranking higher than Nadal when Dolgopolov has won one tournament in his life and who when he last played Nadal, won like two games......

embarassing post, I hope it was meant to be ironic or sarcastic. actually now that i look back, the post does say '2011' so you must be joking. my bad. :)

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 06:32 PM

haha you do have to love the neverending support and faith this guy has in Murray ;)

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 06:33 PM
hahahhahha i guess now-a-days a player is "done" after a season in which they win a Grand Slam... hmmm, I wonder what that says about Murray who apparently has had good form lately? what a shame :o

Dolgopolov ranking higher than Nadal when Dolgopolov has won one tournament in his life and who when he last played Nadal, won like two games......

embarassing post, I hope it was meant to be ironic or sarcastic. actually now that i look back, the post does say '2011' so you must be joking. my bad. :)

It's ok, detecting sarcasm is a rare gift...

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
you can feel it?OK ....26 is middle age in tennis years and Murray's game is not the same as of Federer when he was 25,26....Murray is not an attacking player like Fed so he will never dominate...can he win Slams?Sure but not at the rate you expect him too...
Yes, I believe Murray's peak will be in 2013. I believe that his game will be almost unstoppable then. Don't like it? Too bad.

Vida
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
fed will drop out first in two years time, than nadal and murray.

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 06:46 PM
fed will drop out first in two years time, than nadal and murray.
Djokovic will drop out before Murray does...

Saberq
10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Djokovic will drop out before Murray does...

Murray still needs to reach the top :cool:

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 07:11 PM
It's ok, detecting sarcasm is a rare gift...

yeah it took me a moment to register that he was being sarcastic but then I had already written a bunch and did not want to bother erasing it !!! :D

Sham Kay
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
It'll turn into a fab 5 soon enough, with some youngster challenging these 4. Then they'll all begin beating one another and swapping ranks for a while without anyone really dominating. Mah crystal bawls are neva rong.

Johnny Groove
10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Federer is the most likely to fall from the top 4, rankings wise. But he'll still be a threat to win any slam until the day he retires.

The other 3 will be there, at least for the 2012. My crystal ball doesn't go further than 1 year.

fab 4 = gooch, boggo, king óscar (RIP), crazy dani (RIP)

Throw Fognini and Di Mauro in there with Gooch and Boggo and the current top 4 mugs would be lucky to manage a single slam SF between them.

hiperborejac
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Federer lost twice in more than competitive matches in slams and people count him out so easily...

Swiss_Bagels17
10-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Out of all the champions that have won a Grand Slam after 24 only a few have turned out to be greats.. (The next few years)

24 years old first time winners(Murray's age now) Include Lendl and Guillermo Vilas

Arthur Ashe is the only player in Men's History to win his first slam at 25.

jonas
10-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Out of all the champions that have won a Grand Slam after 24 only a few have turned out to be greats near Murray's age now...

24 years old first time winners(Murray's age now) Include Lendl and Guillermo Vilas

I'm not sure I follow here.
Tojo?
Goran?
Korda?
Gomez?
Muster?

Also, Gaudio was 25 when he won FO. Krajicek also around that age, IIRC.

Swiss_Bagels17
10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure I follow here.
Tojo?
Goran?
Korda?

Also, Gaudio was 25 when he won AO. Krajicek also around that age, IIRC.

Just talking greats around the 24-25 era if Murray doesn't get won in next few years he won't be getting one at 29 like Goran did.

As for Ashe he was the only player in history to win his first slam at 25 years old. No other player has done that.

jonas
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
^^
Well, I get your point. I agree, that it's uncommon that a player wins his first GS at 25 and then turn out to be a multiple GS-winner.
But, to be fair, Murray can still snatch next AO at 24, and go on to have a Lendl-like career. Not saying that he will.
I'm sure Andy will win a couple of GS at least, though.

The other three? A nice scenario would be Murray wins AO, Djokovic FO, Fed Wimby and a youngster/new winner takes US.

However, I see the top four dominate the GS in the following years.

Murray still has to prove he can produce when it really matters.
Djokovic has to prove he can produce another year of insane quality.
Rafa has to prove he can bounce back and find that leathal form from 2008.
Fed has nothing to prove really. Maybe to close out matches better.

The dream is that all of them proves just that, and we get a quality year.

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Out of all the champions that have won a Grand Slam after 24 only a few have turned out to be greats.. (The next few years)

What does this have to do with Murray/the others staying in the top 4 or not?

Naudio Spanlatine
10-17-2011, 11:28 PM
i cant vote because i dont know and we dont know what the case really is gonna be for next year......why are we so quick to judge whats gonna happened at the end of the 2012 year....its jus childish and RIDICULOUS :help: , maybe we should first see what happens the NEXT year instead of predicting the future like a fortune teller cookie:rolleyes:

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 11:30 PM
i cant vote because i dont know and we dont know what the case really is gonna be for next year......why are we so quick to judge whats gonna happened at the end of the 2012 year....its jus childish and RIDICULOUS :help: , maybe we should first see what happens the NEXT year instead of predicting the future like a fortune teller cookie:rolleyes:

Haven't you just made like a thousand predictions in 2 days? :o

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 11:48 PM

:haha:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-17-2011, 11:53 PM

UH NO! the fact that i dont BELIEVE that mugray wont have a superb year like Fed and Nole and Rafa yes, i would be surprised if he did achieve what those three did in a year.......the mental part is the issue for mugray if he can do it then congrats on his success, but i didnt make a FULL predictions on how anyone is gonna be or what they will do

Topspindoctor
10-18-2011, 02:20 AM
:haha:

Enjoy your ban :bigwave:

rocketassist
10-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Enjoy your ban :bigwave:

You should already be eating a ban for the post in Corey's birthday thread, so don't you start.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 02:45 AM
^ who's corey? :unsure:

Egreen
10-18-2011, 06:08 PM

Ditto.

Sapeod
10-18-2011, 06:10 PM
^ who's corey? :unsure:
Forum veteran.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
^o :)

romismak
10-18-2011, 06:28 PM
There are only 2 options - either Federer will decline little bit more- that means he will be very good player probably comfortably top 10, but may end as No. 5 or No. 6, or i think someone- don´t know who from top 4 will be replaced by Delpo, Tsonga or Soderling. Can´t imagine anyone else to have the game to earn enough points for whole season to challenge top 4. I actually think that DJokovic and Murray are those 2 from top 4 to be the safest bet to end in top 4, because both should be next year in their prime-peak- and can play on all surfaces, especially HC - what is the main surface with most tournaments and points. Nadal could injured - or physically declined little bit what can cost him to dropp to 5-6th behind Delpo, Soderling, Tsonga- but they must have great season.

MuzzahLovah
11-25-2011, 07:08 AM
With 2011 mostly over, where are we now?
2011 the top 4 have dominated again, splitting not only all the slams and masters, but also reaching every slam semi except for two (Nadal at AO and Fed at Wimbledon).
Some alarming things have emerged approaching the end of the year. After the USOpen, Djokovic and Nadal have been injured/out of form. Murray's fantastic Asian Swing has been punctuated injury and has a disaster indoor season(where he is second only to Federer in winning percentage normally). With the 3/4 injured or in poor form, Federer has dominated the indoor season, as he did last year.

Will the four recover and find their form for Australia?

FedvsNole
11-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Djokovic: his style of play which everyone has predicted injuries forthcoming has unfortunately become reality. Truth is his serve is giving him issues in that his technique or overuse has caused a chronic shoulder condition starting during cinci masters and being persistent ever since. Dont expect it to go away by AO 2012 only 5-6 weeks away.

Nadal: mentally hit hard by being owned by djokovic. also in phsyical decline and also suffering shoulder problems hence he no longer cracking his serve anymore. Lacks motivation and kinda bad way to end year.

Murray: strained muscle. Also had some gluteal issues a few weeks ago.

Federer: Ending season on a high like last year. I feel he is in a similar situation as to starting this year except without a red hot djokovic coming off a davis cup win and instead djokovic is kinda injured and not really playign well. Same as nadal who is injured and not coming off a 3 slam season so should be interesting how AO 2012 goes.

helvet empire
11-25-2011, 09:56 AM
LOL at all the trolls voting for fed to exit from top 4. and who's going to replace him, ferrer?:confused:
as a matter of fact, roger is about to conquer number 3 again, and I'm betting he'll end up 2012 in the top 2:wavey::wavey:

Saberq
11-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Djokovic: his style of play which everyone has predicted injuries forthcoming has unfortunately become reality. Truth is his serve is giving him issues in that his technique or overuse has caused a chronic shoulder condition starting during cinci masters and being persistent ever since. Dont expect it to go away by AO 2012 only 5-6 weeks away.

Nadal: mentally hit hard by being owned by djokovic. also in phsyical decline and also suffering shoulder problems hence he no longer cracking his serve anymore. Lacks motivation and kinda bad way to end year.

Murray: strained muscle. Also had some gluteal issues a few weeks ago.

Federer: Ending season on a high like last year. I feel he is in a similar situation as to starting this year except without a red hot djokovic coming off a davis cup win and instead djokovic is kinda injured and not really playign well. Same as nadal who is injured and not coming off a 3 slam season so should be interesting how AO 2012 goes.

just hope Fedtard just hope....Novak will still win AO and kick Fed's ass along the way

MuzzahLovah
11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
LOL at all the trolls voting for fed to exit from top 4. and who's going to replace him, ferrer?:confused:
as a matter of fact, roger is about to conquer number 3 again, and I'm betting he'll end up 2012 in the top 2:wavey::wavey:

I think it's just that a lot of them expect him to retire next year, especially after the Olympics.

TheRafaelNadal
11-25-2011, 03:30 PM

This

BigJohn
11-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I find the thread title misleading...

http://static.boomkat.com/images/169710/333.jpg

rocketassist
11-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Paul's playing a few pre-Xmas gigs and Ringo's probably back in the States.

/thread

Ibracadabra
11-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Del potro returns to the top 4 guys, book it.

incognito
11-26-2011, 04:13 PM
This is not only the 4th consecutive year for the current top 4, but it's also the 5th consecutive year for the current top 3...
Which streak will go first? Murray was very close to cracking the top 3 this year, but Federer's WTF SF win got him back to #3 at the last moment.