10-17-2011, 03:14 AM
believe me or not??????

I called it last year on DJOKER

I called it again on Murray today

Let's see what happen next

Topspindoctor
10-17-2011, 03:15 AM
:superlol::superlol::superlol::superlol:

Mugray ends 2012 with another few MM titles, zero slams and no Olympic Medal :haha:

book it :cool:

jcempire
10-17-2011, 03:23 AM
don't forget 98% people said Djoker was one slam holder as roddick....
same as today you guys joking on Murray

Say Hey Kid
10-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Calling Murray to win a GS or even two is one thing and possible. To say he will match the success Djokovic had this year is asinine.

heya
10-17-2011, 03:51 AM
murray cannot dominate on all surfaces - similar to federer

they can eat GOAT cheese, though.

kyleskywalker007
10-17-2011, 03:53 AM
If this were to happen then we would know the end of times is actually nigh.

MIMIC
10-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic being able to stop Murray from collecting 3 slams?

There's absolutely no way that's gonna happen.

yesh222
10-17-2011, 04:21 AM
2011 Djokovic was an amazing year that happens once a decade if we are lucky. Murray might be very successful next year though. He is certainly building confidence well.

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 04:24 AM
God I hope so. But Djokovic's season was remarkable because it was so unlikely. If Murray has a 3rd the success, I'll be over the moon.

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 04:29 AM

I'm going to wander out on a limb and say Muzzah will win his first clay masters next year, probably in Madrid. I think/hope he'll also win a slam, but Murray's been rapidly improving his clay game and if Djokovic/Nadal by some twist of rankings fate end up on the same side of the draw, I think he has a good chance. Muzzah has never felt the pressure to perform in Masters that he has in slams so I feel that makes it more likely.

Gabe32
10-17-2011, 04:35 AM
I like Andy Murray, and would love nothing more than for him to destroy Djokovic in 2012. Unfortunately common sense suggests otherwise. Every year somebody proclaims that it is Andy Murray's year, but it never is!

He has a 4-6 record again Djokovic and a 5-13 record against Nadal. His best chances were likely a few years ago when Federer was still formidable. Even then though, he just collapses during slam finals/semi's.

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 04:38 AM
Calling Murray to win a GS or even two is one thing and possible. To say he will match the success Djokovic had this year is asinine.

this pretty much is all that needs to be said

shiaben
10-17-2011, 05:30 AM
I find it insulting to compare Murray to Djokovic.

Djokovic's game in 2007>>>>>>>>> than Murray's current efforts.

Pirata.
10-17-2011, 06:00 AM
murray cannot dominate on all surfaces - similar to federer.

:stupid:

Topspindoctor
10-17-2011, 06:02 AM
:stupid:

Federer never dominated clay :shrug:

Ibracadabra
10-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Wont happen, winning a slam will be a miracle alone

DrJules
10-17-2011, 06:48 AM
I find it insulting to compare Murray to Djokovic.

Djokovic's game in 2007>>>>>>>>> than Murray's current efforts.

So far more difficult to be number 3 in 2007 than in 2011.

Rodre Fegassi
10-17-2011, 07:56 AM
No-one will beat Nadal or Djokovic at a slam for the next 3 years at the very least.

Those 2 are an absolute lock for every slam final until then.

Chase Visa
10-17-2011, 08:24 AM
I think Murray will win a Slam in 2012. No way will his season be like Djokovic's 2011, though.

Farenhajt
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM
The only thing that's building up is Murraytards' desperation, more so since he teases them ruthlessly by winning MM's and 1000's. Exemplified by the OP.

tnosugar
10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
No-one will beat Nadal or Djokovic at a slam for the next 3 years at the very least.

I'm not sure about Nadal, next year should show us if he's passed his physical peak. He might be wise to take it easy one year, even suffer a temporary decline to number 3 and preserve his body a bit. E.g. skip one clay masters as Djokovic did and not play every tournament at the end of the season.

Murray looks very sharp btw, he looks fitter and his torso seems to be able to generate more power. I think next year could be good for him, not like Djokovic 2011 as the others have commented, but perhaps a Slam might be in the making (Aussie or USO I'd guess).

ossie
10-17-2011, 09:47 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZxXGaEYJ10u53Fqs5pgY6zUvEMcDAK JT2EsYi-qiSi_LHC3YKCA

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
We could have done without you showing us a picture of your father Ossie.

coonster14
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
I doubt he will have Nole's 2011 success, but I think he can win a grand slam in 2012 (if he gets his mentality and forehand DTL clicking into gear over the off-season).

Shinoj
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
2012 Andy Murray can be 2011 Djoker. To see them in all the GS Finals will be great

Afterall who could have predicted Djoker would have a year like that in 2011. Anythings possible if Murray
puts his heart into it.

For Djokovic yes. But Nadal is getting hammered this season. So beating Nadal is not that hard anymore.

acionescu
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
If only :sobbing:

With 2012 Djoker = 2011 Volandri, I'd be content, though :o

Saberq
10-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Djokovic was always born for something like this ...Murray is a top 5 player with hype ...that's all

Nole fan
10-17-2011, 11:42 AM
believe me or not??????

No chance in hell. :)

zlaja777
10-17-2011, 11:52 AM
No-one, never.

StoGas
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Australian Open and bronze medal at olympics :)

Sham Kay
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Australian Open and bronze medal at olympics :)
That's alot more realistic. I'm expecting one slam, but nothing much more special than that next year.. possibly world number 2 depending on how he competes with Nadal. Of course, every fan would love their player to win the CYGS etc, but better to stick to reality.

Djokers achievements this year probably won't be replicated for another decade.. basically till the next prodigy after Federer arrives.

Dejan16
10-17-2011, 12:25 PM
no way, but maybe one slam, idk which one tho. Since nole is a lock for AO imo.

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Djokovic should be the favourite for Australia but that does not make him a certainty to win the event :rolleyes: I would say Nadal is more of a certainty for the french Open but he can lose there as personified by 2009 against Soderling. I personally believe Federer will win the WTF and Murray will win the Australian open. Nadal will most likely win Roland Garros. It will be an almighty difficulty for djokovic to retain his Wimbledon title which means the US Open may be his only chance for a big title next year. Things can change so quickly :D

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
No one could have predicted this year for Djokovic. Bear that in mind when you laugh at my predictions.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM

100% agreed with your unbiased view point

federer never dominated hamburg right?
:wavey:

EddceLLent
10-17-2011, 12:44 PM
I kind of hope Murray doesn't have an uber successful year just so that MTF doesn't have a sudden influx of British so-called fans who've come here only to denigrate any player that isn't Andy Murray in the same way there seems to be a rather disproportionate number of outspoken posters with Serbian flags by their name :) (No, I didn't say ALL of them...)

One slam will be fine for me. AO would be just perfect.

Also - I really don't think Murray is weak on clay... In 2011 he took a set off Nadal (while he (Murray) was injured, I hasten to add) and served to win against super-hot (form) Djokovic. His game is quite well suited to clay I think, his results just haven't always backed it up.

Vida
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
it has been noticeable for quite some time that murray is trying to emulate djokovic in many things....

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
EddceLLent you are right about Murray on clay. Vladimir Lenin once said 'A lie told often enough becomes the truth'. People (haters) can keep telling themselves (and anyone prepared to listen) that Murray is crap on clay. It does not change the fact that he is one of the few players who can contemplate even competing in a clay match against the likes of Nadal and Djokovic. Look at Monte Carlo and Rome 2011. Taking over the match in Monte carlo against Nadal until the elbow pain struck and serving for the match in Rome against Djokovic. Murray also achieved a stunning amount of break points in the French Open semi against Nadal.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Djokovic should be the favourite for Australia but that does not make him a certainty to win the event :rolleyes: I would say Nadal is more of a certainty for the french Open but he can lose there as personified by 2009 against Soderling. I personally believe Federer will win the WTF and Murray will win the Australian open. Nadal will most likely win Roland Garros. It will be an almighty difficulty for djokovic to retain his Wimbledon title which means the US Open may be his only chance for a big title next year. Things can change so quickly :D

Djokovic wont win Wimbledon next year I dont see it but if fit he will win AO....on that surface he is unbeatable when healthy....Murray cant win Wimbledon even though he has game for it more than Novak but he has no belief......

EddceLLent
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Djokovic wont win Wimbledon next year I dont see it but if fit he will win AO....on that surface he is unbeatable when healthy....Murray cant win Wimbledon even though he has game for it more than Novak but he has no belief......

Who do you think will win Wimbledon then?

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I am not predicting that Murray will win Wimbledon. I do not believe he enjoys playing there. If the grass was as quick as the grass of Queens then he would have an exceptional chance but alas. On the subject of Australia well we will just have to wait and see.

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Maybe Liam Broady will win Wimbledon.

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
It will be interesting to see how Tomic does at wimbledon next year.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Who do you think will win Wimbledon then?

Nadal I dont know

Chirag
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
no way, but maybe one slam, idk which one tho. Since nole is a lock for AO imo.

sorry this AO is wide open .Its anyones for the taking

BroTree123
10-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Mugray ends 2012 with another few MM titles, zero slams and no Olympic Medal :haha:

That better not be another jinx man :o

BroTree123
10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
We could have done without you showing us a picture of your father Ossie.

Fuckin' gold :haha:

BroTree123
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Imagine someone like Jan Hajek doing a Nole, next year :o

ossie
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
We could have done without you showing us a picture of your father Ossie.just wanted to show his ideas on the matter

Start da Game
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
definitely......5 masters titles is no big deal for murray......

The Magician
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Federer never dominated clay :shrug:

Federer dominated Nadull on the slow clay of hamburg, surely it was a coincidence the ATP got rid of that tournament and that surface :rolleyes: In the mean time the bounce at RG is so high that John Isner almost beat Nadull since you have to be a giant to get Nadull's moonballs on that surface (guess that plan almost backfired on Tony :o) So yeah Nadull is the king of clay as long as you take for granted the ATP changes the surfaces for him and makes sure he beats at least 3 spaniards to every clay title :wavey:

The Magician
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
believe me or not??????

Sure why not undefeated streaks and 3/4 slam seasons are like candy nowadays. If Nadull and Fed remain at their levels and Fakervic fades like everyone knows he will, I guess Murray's the only one left. Real question is who wins all the slams in 2014, a new player completing some historical record and winning all the slams is the minimum level of excitement the ATP requires every year so I wonder who the lucky person will be :confused:

GOAT = Fed
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Murray won't dominate clay like Djokovic did. Neither will Murray dominate the hardcourt season like Djokovic did.

Murray will never win a slam imo. Too mentally fragile. He could be playing the tennis of his life for the whole of a slam yet in the final will end up blowing it, unless he comes across an equally mentally weak opponents.

In fact thinking about it, Murray had such easy draws this year in the slams yet still could not take advantage.

syc23
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Murray for AO, 1 clay Masters, Wimbledon final, olympic Gold, while USO will continue to elude him for another year - the organisers will rig the draw in the hope for that Fedal USO final.

If Murray can even achieve the above, 2012 would exceed all expectations.

So no, I very much doubt Murray is likely to replicate what Nole has achieved this year in 2012. Even though I'm a Murray fan.

paseo
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM
More like, 2012 Andy Murray > 2011 Djoker.

Johnny Groove
10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
jcempire :lol:

This thread :spit:

juan27
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
So far more difficult to be number 3 in 2007 than in 2011.

murray is top-3 because in asia , nole and federer didn`t played and nadal was in a petetic level.

more difficult that in 2007????

federer has 30 years old, it`s logical that a player with 24 years old start to surprass federer`s ranking.

but the top-10 in 2007 was better than in this years with clowns like monfils or almagro in top-10

EddieNero
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Like Nadal dominated anywhere outside clay.

O non-clay titles defended in 6 years.

MaxPower
10-17-2011, 05:04 PM
believe me or not??????

You know you make so many of these prediction threads that probability alone works in your favor

As for 2012 Murray being the 2011 Djoker? I think he will be 2011 Murray but one year older. Pretty sure that one will come true.

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Federer has a long history of being underrated on clay, and Murray looks set to join him. Murray only played 4 clay tourneys this year, and reached the semis in 3 of them. And lost against Nadal and Djoko 2.0. Which is pretty much, barring the last few weeks, as good as he did on the other surfaces.

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't expect Murray to have a massive fluke streak like Djokovic did this year, but I do think he'll win both of the hardcourt slams and most of the hardcourt masters tournaments, giving him the #1 spot at the end of the year. And then 2013 is when his form will peak.

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Murray won't dominate clay like Djokovic did. Neither will Murray dominate the hardcourt season like Djokovic did.

Murray will never win a slam imo. Too mentally fragile. He could be playing the tennis of his life for the whole of a slam yet in the final will end up blowing it, unless he comes across an equally mentally weak opponents.

In fact thinking about it, Murray had such easy draws this year in the slams yet still could not take advantage.
You're wrong. You think he won't win a slam. How silly :lol: Look at him, he's a slam winner waiting to happen. He won't have to wait for long either :)

The Magician
10-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't expect Murray to have a massive fluke streak like Djokovic did this year, but I do think he'll win both of the hardcourt slams and most of the hardcourt masters tournaments, giving him the #1 spot at the end of the year. And then 2013 is when his form will peak.

Murray's problem is when he is playing well, he's better than the field and wins easily, but when he's playing poorly he doesn't have injury timeouts and other shenanigans to fall back on which has been the key to the consistency of Nadull and then Fakervic. He runs into an opponent on a hot streak and loses rather than bringing down their level and doing anything to prevent a high quality encounter. So I doubt he will have a streak like Fakervic, and further I don't want him to. If he won a slam fair and square I would be satisfied :)

Vida
10-17-2011, 05:42 PM
very much doubt murray is good enough level to repeat novak's 2011 year. forget about it.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM

this is 3rd year in a row with the same prediction

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Murray's problem is when he is playing well, he's better than the field and wins easily, but when he's playing poorly he doesn't have injury timeouts and other shenanigans to fall back on which has been the key to the consistency of Nadull and then Fakervic. He runs into an opponent on a hot streak and loses rather than bringing down their level and doing anything to prevent a high quality encounter. So I doubt he will have a streak like Fakervic, and further I don't want him to. If he won a slam fair and square I would be satisfied :)
Ah, yes, you're correct. Andy isn't a cheater like the top 2 are, so if he plays badly, that's him with a loss, unless he grinds through to the win. That's probably one of the reasons why the top 2 win so much. They fall back on fake injuries and cheating to win. Very sad for tennis that such players are the top 2 :tape:
very much doubt murray is good enough level to repeat novak's 2011 year. forget about it.
Of course, he doesn't have fake timeouts and cheating to fall back on, as Magician said above.

Vida
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Of course, he doesn't have fake timeouts and cheating to fall back on, as Magician said above.

fake timeouts and cheating? whaa....?

keep dreaming. senile fed lost his marbles, he will tail-away. and murray must watch not to keep losing to djodal at slams. nadal already owns him thoroughly - three straight beatdowns @ slams, he isnt going away.

and novak will look to capitalize on destroying nadal this season, making his mental bones. he wont let sponge-brain murray mess with his plans.

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 07:13 PM
fake timeouts and cheating? whaa....?

keep dreaming. senile fed lost his marbles, he will tail-away. and murray must watch not to keep losing to djodal at slams. nadal already owns him thoroughly - three straight beatdowns @ slams, he isnt going away.

and novak will look to capitalize on destroying nadal this season, making his mental bones. he wont let sponge-brain murray mess with his plans.
Yes, fake timeouts and cheating. Both Nadal and Djokovic do that. Disgraceful from the top 2.

Nole fan
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Sapeod and The Magician make a nice tandem. :)

Matt01
10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
OP: Yeah, that sounds like a very reasonable prediction to me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rodre Fegassi
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Murray can't make further than SF in a slam in his career because Nadal and Djokovic are a lock for every single GS final until 2016. That is the END of 2016.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
WAIT! Murray 2012! Lemme me jus.........
:rolls: :rolls: :haha: :haha: :superlol: :superlol:

ARE WE PREDICTING NOW THAT HE WILL HAVE A SUPERB SEASON NEX YEAR JUS BECAUSE OF HIS THREE ASIAN TOURNEYS WINS?????? :spit:

Ibracadabra
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't make me die with laughter, we wont see a streak like noles again for a long long time

Naudio Spanlatine
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
^Exactly

Sham Kay
10-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Am I going nuts or did a chunk of this thread just disappear? Something about messages being blocked, someone being proud of getting blocked for being an annoyance etc. Fahaha..

Edit: On-topic stuff.. ehm. Yes, this is far-fetched indeed. Djokovic's epic year difficult to achieve yada yada.

Sham Kay
10-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Ah. Thought I was dreaming about MTF again.. I mean thought I was dreaming about MTF [end sentence]

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 12:00 AM
:haha:

Topspindoctor
10-18-2011, 12:46 AM

Mugray loses because he is not good enough, not because he's somehow more "fair" than Nadal and Djokovic.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 12:49 AM
^Hes obviously another hater of Nole and Rafa i mean look at his sigy:rolleyes:

Roadmap
10-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Yes SpinDoctor. Nadull is not a cheat. Yes we believe you :superlol: The Spaniard has deserved all his success :rolleyes:

Topspindoctor
10-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Yes SpinDoctor. Nadull is not a cheat. Yes we believe you :superlol: The Spaniard has deserved all his success :rolleyes:

:baby:

10>0

Come back when Mugray wins at least a set in a slam final. Until then nobody will give a shit about this British mug 3 days after he retires :wavey:

Super Djoker
10-18-2011, 01:01 AM
It won,t happen! Djokovic had already won a slam and a Year end masters and a Davis cup winners medal! Murray has none of these! He also reached the US Open Final ! To suggest Slamless Murray is goin to dominate next year is obscene considering he is doing his run after the last major has already gone!

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
It won,t happen! Djokovic had already won a slam and a Year end masters and a Davis cup title! Murray has none of these! He also reached the US Open Final ! To suggest Slamless Murray is goin to dominate next year is obscene considering he is doing his run after the last major has already gone!

FIXED;)

Topspindoctor
10-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Love the all nationalistic Britards hyping Mugray and insulting Nadal :rolls:

Too bad the former is a clown, disgrace to the game and a ridicule of tennis community and the latter is a legend who will be remembered decades after retirement and none of the "moonballer" insults are gonna change it. :awww:

MuzzahLovah
10-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Oh no, my comment was deleted! I'm going to assume it was met with resounding agreement.

FlameOn
10-18-2011, 01:50 AM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/rafalafavi0000.gif

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 02:01 AM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/rafalafavi0000.gif

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Flame On Flame ON :hearts::hearts::hearts:

rutinos harcos
10-18-2011, 02:19 AM

Good thing is that Fedclown will
now be No 4.

rutinos harcos
10-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Sapeod and The Magician make a nice tandem. :)

Yes,they do.They should hold hands.And The Magician will be the sensitive and the emotional one,crying all the time.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 02:53 AM
^IKR :superlol:

Argenbrit
10-18-2011, 03:23 AM
If that happens, the world WILL be ending in 2012.

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Love the all nationalistic Britards hyping Mugray and insulting Nadal :rolls:

Too bad the former is a clown, disgrace to the game and a ridicule of tennis community and the latter is a legend who will be remembered decades after retirement and none of the "moonballer" insults are gonna change it. :awww:

Lol at Murray being a clown

He is world no 3. Has had so many wins over Federer,Nadal and Djokovic. He has won 8 Master series titles. If he is clown who the fuck are you, passing judgements sitting on the internet. I bet you cant even hold a tennis racket in front of Murray, if ever that happens. The only clowns are the people who are calling Murray a clown.

Topspindoctor
10-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Lol at Murray being a clown

He is world no 3. Has had so many wins over Federer,Nadal and Djokovic. He has won 8 Master series titles. If he is clown who the fuck are you, passing judgements sitting on the internet. I bet you cant even hold a tennis racket in front of Murray, if ever that happens. The only clowns are the people who are calling Murray a clown.

I am not a pro-tennis player, mate. It's not my job. Obviously Mugray could easily double bagel me in his sleep. That doesn't matter, however, because he's not being judged against someone who casually plays tennis twice a week, but against other very good tennis players, which is bad news for Mugray's slam campaign. It's hilarious to be accused of being a forum warrior when I question Mugray's skill on the big stage. Keep trying, though maybe he'll capture that elusive slam one day :awww:

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 08:06 AM
I am not a pro-tennis player, mate. It's not my job. Obviously Mugray could easily double bagel me in his sleep. That doesn't matter, however, because he's not being judged against someone who casually plays tennis twice a week, but against other very good tennis players, which is bad news for Mugray's slam campaign. It's hilarious to be accused of being a forum warrior when I question Mugray's skill on the big stage. Keep trying, though maybe he'll capture that elusive slam one day :awww:

Even if it was your job and you would be slogging for the rest of your life playing tennis and Murray would still double baggel you.

And Murray does compare fairly well amongst his peers. He is number 3 in the world. youngest amongst the Top 4. And easily one of the best players ever not to have won a Grand Slam.

He still has a lot of his peak years in front of him. Of course proud of the Lad, he relies on his pure talent unlike a Gym manufactured freak called Nadal. Pull out Uncle Toni out of Nadals life all you have is a Verdasco.

Alex999
10-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Even if it was your job and you would be slogging for the rest of your life playing tennis and Murray would still double baggel you.

And Murray does compare fairly well amongst his peers. He is number 3 in the world. youngest amongst the Top 4. And easily one of the best players ever not to have won a Grand Slam.

He still has a lot of his peak years in front of him. Of course proud of the Lad, he relies on his pure talent unlike a Gym manufactured freak called Nadal. Pull out Uncle Toni out of Nadals life all you have is a Verdasco.
Djokovic is the youngest one. He is 7 days younger than Murray I think, or is it the other way around. I'm pretty sure it's Novak, but it doesn't really mater :).

Nole fan
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Djokovic is the youngest one. He is 7 days younger than Murray I think, or is it the other way around. I'm pretty sure it's Novak, but it doesn't really mater :).

To be exact, yes, Nole is the youngest one. :)

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Always found the 7 day age gap funny. Pretty interesting coincidence that two guys seperated by just a week would be two of the four best players in the world. Born rivals, just wish they'd play each other more often. 3 times this year just isn't enough.. heh.

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Their next match with Murray in this form should be very interesting.

Rodre Fegassi
10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Always found the 7 day age gap funny. Pretty interesting coincidence that two guys seperated by just a week would be two of the four best players in the world. Born rivals, just wish they'd play each other more often. 3 times this year just isn't enough.. heh.

Blame it on the tournie organizers who think we (tennis fans) want the same Djokovic/Federer and Nadal/Murray semis at every damn major ever.

Saberq
10-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Their next match with Murray in this form should be very interesting.

Dude Djokovic is done peaking for Masters only Slams now and Novak at his peak would will always beat Murray at his

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Dude Djokovic is done peaking for Masters only Slams now and Novak at his peak would will always beat Murray at his

No comments about who will win. Djokovic might edge it. But anyways it should be interesting.

Back to the thread again. A simple question

If a thread like this was opened after Davis Cup Last year.

Can Djokovic have the greatest season ever in 2011?

How many would have scoffed and laughed and said all sorts of opinion about it. but what has happened one year down the line.

To me Murray 2012 might emulate or might not. but i wont be judgemental that he cant.

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
You'd better hope you're correct. If Murray isn't a threat, there aren't really anyone else to pose the threat anymore. Hard to see Nadal finding a way to alter his game enough to adapt to playing Djoker anytime soon and Federer who has had the most success this year will only have less and less success as time goes on for obvious reasons.

If as you think Murray isn't a threat to your man, unless a youngster springs out of the proverbial Tennis womb to challenge him, there is nobody. Novak can only fully dominate 2012 in that case.

.. Well I suppose it would be better than Nadal dominating again.

Saberq
10-18-2011, 01:17 PM
No comments about who will win. Djokovic might edge it. But anyways it should be interesting.

Back to the thread again. A simple question

If a thread like this was opened after Davis Cup Last year.

Can Djokovic have the greatest season ever in 2011?

How many would have scoffed and laughed and said all sorts of opinion about it. but what has happened one year down the line.

To me Murray 2012 might emulate or might not. but i wont be judgemental that he cant.

Dude I was shocked more than anyone ...I watched Novak since he was a teen prodigy and for him to have this season I mean WOW....but Novak always had potential for something like this Murray on the other hand is not built to dominate with his game

Saberq
10-18-2011, 01:18 PM
You'd better hope you're correct. If Murray isn't a threat, there aren't really anyone else to pose the threat anymore. Hard to see Nadal finding a way to alter his game enough to adapt to playing Djoker anytime soon and Federer who has had the most success this year will only have less and less success as time goes on for obvious reasons.

If as you think Murray isn't a threat to your man, unless a youngster springs out of the proverbial Tennis womb to challenge him, there is nobody. Novak can only fully dominate 2012 in that case.

.. Well I suppose it would be better than Nadal dominating again.

I dont expect Novak to dominate like this season and Murray might beat him in a Masters or two but in a Slam....I doubt it ...

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
I dont expect Novak to dominate like this season and Murray might beat him in a Masters or two but in a Slam....I doubt it ...
Who do you think will halt his dominance in slams? Nadal? Maybe I'm just reacting as a tennis fan normally would, but expecting Nadal to have difficulties after 6 losses in a row isn't a kneejerk reaction. Especially true when he's arguably the least versatile of the top 4, and versatility seems vital to beating Djokovic. The guy feeds off mechanically consistent play.

Might laugh at this, but Tomic could be a potential bad match up for Djoker. Now this one IS a kneejerk reaction.

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Dude I was shocked more than anyone ...I watched Novak since he was a teen prodigy and for him to have this season I mean WOW....but Novak always had potential for something like this Murray on the other hand is not built to dominate with his game

Novak was a teen prodigy.

But consider this

Murray from what i have seen is a rhythmic player. Has a good tactical game. He moves around the ball nicely. moving the opp from here to there and then goes for the forehand or backhand killer shot, unlike others i do believe he has a good enough forehand. I mean this is the prototype of his game, how he goes about constructing his game in reality is different but this is how his game should be, according to his strengths. But in reality he is a little bit inconsistent and his rhythm gets disturbed easily, especially against the Top players. But my point is if he builds a ruthless style of implementing his game. Someone like McEnroe who was a touch player but had a champs mentality in implementing it also. if Murray can develop that mentality then he can.

Pete Sampras was also considered a great talent during the late 80s but nobody believed that he is GOAT material. Everybody was expecting Agassi to be the one. But things can change at some point in your career. And he is still not old to get a few GS.

Saberq
10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Novak was a teen prodigy.

But consider this

Murray from what i have seen is a rhythmic player. Has a good tactical game. He moves around the ball nicely. moving the opp from here to there and then goes for the forehand or backhand killer shot, unlike others i do believe he has a good enough forehand. I mean this is the prototype of his game, how he goes about constructing his game in reality is different but this is how his game should be, according to his strengths. But in reality he is a little bit inconsistent and his rhythm gets disturbed easily, especially against the Top players. But my point is if he builds a ruthless style of implementing his game. Someone like McEnroe who was a touch player but had a champs mentality in implementing it also. if Murray can develop that mentality then he can.

Pete Sampras was also considered a great talent during the late 80s but nobody believed that he is GOAT material. Everybody was expecting Agassi to be the one. But things can change at some point in your career. And he is still not old to get a few GS.

mentality is Murray's problem sure but his game also is not complete....FH is mediocre...Look at Novak ever part of his game except net play is great....when he attacks is great,defense the best I have seen since Nadal 5 years ago...Movement out of this world..BH best in the world,greatest return of all time ....Murray still needs to fix 4 parts of his game and I am afraid he is running out of time...

Getta
10-18-2011, 02:00 PM
mentality is Murray's problem sure but his game also is not complete....FH is mediocre...Look at Novak ever part of his game except net play is great....when he attacks is great,defense the best I have seen since Nadal 5 years ago...Movement out of this world..BH best in the world,greatest return of all time ....Murray still needs to fix 4 parts of his game and I am afraid he is running out of time...

then do not be afraid of him. by this time next year he will announce his unconditional surrender to nole. :D

Shinoj
10-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Saberg with all due respect, that will be considered Yak Yak Yak once if he starts winning.:rocker2:

martyn
10-18-2011, 03:50 PM

I guarantee that you are not, nor will ever be the 3rd best in the world in whatever your chosen profession is (failed professional troll most likely). As such, using your logic and favoured terminology, you are a mug in your field.

Bore off.

Saberq
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Saberg with all due respect, that will be considered Yak Yak Yak once if he starts winning.:rocker2:

sure I will be the first to say congrats to him if he wins it

janko05
10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
sure I will be the first to say congrats to him if he wins it

me too :yeah:

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I guarantee that you are not, nor will ever be the 3rd best in the world in whatever your chosen profession is (failed professional troll most likely). As such, using your logic and favoured terminology, you are a mug in your field.

Bore off.
The way the word mug is used on this forum, mugs are apparently pretty good in their chosen field.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 04:29 PM
The way the word mug is used on this forum, mugs are apparently pretty good in their chosen field.
Boy you sure do come out in this MTF telling people what words are "annoying" and what is the most "overrated" word in MTF history.......remind me not to ever use the "Mug" word ever again :worship:

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Boy you sure do come out in this MTF telling people what words are "annoying" and what is the most "overrated" word in MTF history.......remind me not to ever use the "Mug" word ever again :worship:
Hey. I never said it was a bad thing. We're all mugs in our own way, depending on your perspective. Be pretty boring being perfect.

Never seen you use that word, but I'll give you a shout if I notice.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
i didnt say it was a bad thing i was jus saying what you do:)

Egreen
10-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Imagine if Murray wins 2 slams next year and becomes #1? Refreshing.

freeandlonely
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
And Djokovic will be what?
It's not like Murray the only one improving. And he hasn't prove it at slams.
We should just wait and see.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Imagine if Murray wins 2 slams next year and becomes #1? Refreshing.

That would be pure *DEATH* and in INSULT to the ATP TOUR:o :timebomb: :angel:

Egreen
10-18-2011, 05:22 PM

:rolls:

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Aha, just like MTF to overreac- woops I'm doing it again.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 05:29 PM
of course i expect you to do this :devil: :p

Sham Kay
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I can improve my forum personality, honest. Murray will improve and surpass Nole, honest.

(I really doubt one of those.. guess which one.)

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 05:47 PM
:devil:

mooncreek
10-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't think he'll have a year like Djokovic had but I do think he's going to win a GS next year. Interestingly, things really started to get going for Murray because of Davis Cup. It was a smaller context (Tier II against easy opponents Luxembourg and Hungary) but he did play in front of the Scottish fans both right after Wimbledon and right after the US Open, times when he could have been wallowing over those losses.

Then again, I've been thinking he would win a GS the last three years.