How many more GS titles will Nadal win? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How many more GS titles will Nadal win?

Warrior
10-17-2011, 01:52 AM
He's a potential goat, but this year he ran into trouble.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 02:11 AM
I say he can win 4-7 more

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Fail poll. 0 is most likely.

BigJohn
10-17-2011, 02:56 AM
http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20090723/billion4_610x343.jpg

jcempire
10-17-2011, 03:26 AM
1 - 3
or maybe he's done

He's over spending

Say Hey Kid
10-17-2011, 03:40 AM

Please..:rolleyes:

I'll go with 4.

kyleskywalker007
10-17-2011, 03:55 AM
As little as i like him.....who is going to oppose him? Unless Djokovic can keep this level up, he will be favourite in 2 or 3 of next year´s slams. And he would be sitting on 12 slams right now if it weren´t for Djokovic´s rise.

Thank god somebody had the balls to do it!

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 04:35 AM
i also think 4-7 is realistic with 4/5 being more likely and 6/7 being best outcome

abraxas21
10-17-2011, 05:02 AM
a lot of hope in this thread

KingCrimson
10-17-2011, 05:11 AM
0-1

shiaben
10-17-2011, 05:32 AM
More. Come on guys calm down. Last year he had a QF, W, F, F. How is this an ugly result?

The funny thing was if he hadn't had that QF injury it would have probably been another final.

I can see him win two slams this year, if he can figure out Djokovic and maintain his serve.

Pirata.
10-17-2011, 06:00 AM
More. Come on guys calm down. Last year he had a QF, W, F, F. How is this an ugly result?

In 2007 Fed at W, W, F, W & Masters Cup win. In 2008 he was beat down by Novak and Rafa in three of the slams and pushed to three tight sets by Novak in the USO final. It's not an ugly result, but results from the previous year are in no way an indication of future results.

That said, I think he will probably win a few more RGs and maybe Wimbledon another time, but I don't think he will win another AO or USO.

MuzzahLovah
10-17-2011, 06:01 AM

The funny thing was if he hadn't had that QF injury it would have probably been another final.

I can see him win two slams this year, if he can figure out Djokovic and maintain his serve.

http://gourmetmeatman.com/images/sesame%20bagel.jpg

Topspindoctor
10-17-2011, 06:06 AM
In 2007 Fed at W, W, F, W & Masters Cup win. In 2008 he was beat down by Novak and Rafa in three of the slams and pushed to three tight sets by Novak in the USO final. It's not an ugly result, but results from the previous year are in no way an indication of future results.

That said, I think he will probably win a few more RGs and maybe Wimbledon another time, but I don't think he will win another AO or USO.

Federer beat Mugray relatively comfortably in USO 2008, not Novak - are you talking about 2007, perhaps? He also went on to win 2 slams next year and lost 2 very tight 5 set slam finals as well. Olderer's 2009 after his supposed "slump" trumps his 2005 season IMO.

http://gourmetmeatman.com/images/sesame%20bagel.jpg

Stop posting this shit already. Nobody gives a shit about Mugray and his MM tournaments. Come back when he wins a slam - although I feel sorry for the loser as he'll be crowned a mug for life for losing a slam final to Clownray :sad:

Ben.
10-17-2011, 08:53 AM
0-1 I'd guess. Next year could be his last year challenging for slams and if Djokovic remains as dominant it is going to be hard for Rafa. I'd love to be wrong though.

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 09:01 AM
2012 French Open.

Shinoj
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Are you sure the question is how many more GS titles can Nadal win or

How many Pig roasting dishes can you guys invent ?

I think it is the latter.

Rodre Fegassi
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Nadal and Djokovic are a already lock for every GS final for a hell of a long time. This is inarguable. Probably till 2016.

Djokovic may win the majority of them, but if Nadal manages to reverse the head to head which I suspect he will (by getting his serve back which should be easy) - he may win as many as 25 slams in his career.

rickcastle
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Nadal and Djokovic are a already lock for every GS final for a hell of a long time. This is inarguable. Probably till 2016.

Djokovic may win the majority of them, but if Nadal manages to reverse the head to head which I suspect he will (by getting his serve back which should be easy) - he may win as many as 25 slams in his career.

:facepalm:

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
The more pertinent question should be- will Rodre Fegassi ever again show his face on this forum should a player not named Nadal or Djokovic win a slam before 2016?

Rodre Fegassi
10-17-2011, 09:36 AM
The more pertinent question should be- will Rodre Fegassi ever again show his face on this forum should a player not named Nadal or Djokovic win a slam before 2016?

Ain't gonna happen. Besides, it's not as if I feel shame on the internet. I will be back even if that happens. Which it won't.

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 09:42 AM
It was kind of a rhetorical question. I know full well you will come crawling back with some new bullshit to spew.

madmax
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM
He's finished, done, finito...Nadull tards are still living in denial I see

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Facial Orifice? :facepalm: This is an internet forum. I let myself down there. I think I will go and delete it.

Sophocles
10-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Why isn't 0 an option?

Saberq
10-17-2011, 11:26 AM
This shit happens every year ....Nadal plays like shit in indoors Murray plays well pundits start saying NEXT YEAR MURRAY WILL WIN A SLAM..he doesnt of course Nadal resets and starts winning ......

Start da Game
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
excellent thread idea......well done, warrior......

he is just about good enough for 6 to 8 more slams......he will not lose his footspeed until 2014......he just will not lose it because he's determined as hell plus he's got that physical gift as well......so until he turns 28 there's no easy killing for anybody out there and that includes novak djokovic......

2 more french opens, 2 more wimbledons and 2 more hardcourt slams are his and his alone......he enters the next 10 slams as the favourite or one of the favourites, so you can guess from that......he enters the french open as a favorite until 2016......

Shinoj
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
excellent thread idea......well done, warrior......

he is just about good enough for 6 to 8 more slams......he will not lose his footspeed until 2014......he just will not lose it because he's determined as hell plus he's got that physical gift as well......so until he turns 28 there's no easy killing for anybody out there and that includes novak djokovic......

2 more french opens, 2 more wimbledons and 2 more hardcourt slams are his and his alone......he enters the next 10 slams as the favourite or one of the favourites, so you can guess from that......he enters the french open as a favorite until 2016......

Just two simple words for you

Mayer and Davydenko :wavey:

The Magician
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM

+1

Dejan16
10-17-2011, 12:24 PM
3-4 slams for rafito

DrJules
10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Picking 4 more to win leaving Nadal on a very impressive 14, but 2 short of Federer.

Sunset of Age
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
One or two more seems very likely, maybe even more, but predictions like these are of course just a shot in the dark. As long as a player is still doing well (and Rafa is, let that be clear), people tend to overestimate the future success, but chances are just as much there that the flow of big titles runs dry immediately, as it did for many greats in the past - especially when said player gets beyond the age of 25. We'll see. :)

:cuckoo:

emotion
10-17-2011, 01:46 PM
0-3

tennizen
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Where's AJ to merge this thread?

abraxas21
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
between 1 and 3

but i personally hope 0

Swiss_Bagels17
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM

2 French Opens
1 Wimbledon

Don't want him to surpass Sampras. :(

So ends with 13 Grand Slams.

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Nadal?? :lol: Nadal is done. His level is going down and everybody knows how to deal with him easier now. He will never win another slam :shrug: 0 slams for Nadal :wavey: And hopefully when he falls out of the top 10 in a few years, his tards will follow :wavey:

Hilarious that only 2 people have voted for 0 :lol:

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 04:46 PM
as much as it is somewhat hopeful guessing more than 5 more slams, it is purely delusional guessing 0-2. even in a relatively bad year (2011) Nadal won a slam. he is far too good and is dealing with his injury prone body far too well for such a low guess. as Topspin said already, he will be a huge favorite at RG virtually every year he plays at the tournament and his healthy

he will remain a huge threat at Wimbledon and even the HC slams for a few more years and his form has been pretty good of late. if he can just find his serve, the only person out there who can truly beat him is Novak Djokovic, and that's assuming Djokovic is playing well himself

Sapeod
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
as much as it is somewhat hopeful guessing more than 5 more slams, it is purely delusional guessing 0-2. even in a relatively bad year (2011) Nadal won a slam. he is far too good and is dealing with his injury prone body far too well for such a low guess. as Topspin said already, he will be a huge favorite at RG virtually every year he plays at the tournament and his healthy

he will remain a huge threat at Wimbledon and even the HC slams for a few more years and his form has been pretty good of late. if he can just find his serve, the only person out there who can truly beat him is Novak Djokovic, and that's assuming Djokovic is playing well himself
What???

Nadal is falling, are you not seeing that?? Nadal's game is being exposed on hardcourt more often now and more players will start to know how to play him. Nadal's days are running out. If he's wanting to win another slam, it better be RG next because he's not getting anymore if he doesn't win that one. NADAL IS DONE.

Saberq
10-17-2011, 05:16 PM

I think he will win Wimbledon next year ......he is not falling only playing like shit like he always does at the end of the year.....

Saberq
10-17-2011, 05:17 PM
What???

Nadal is falling, are you not seeing that?? Nadal's game is being exposed on hardcourt more often now and more players will start to know how to play him. Nadal's days are running out. If he's wanting to win another slam, it better be RG next because he's not getting anymore if he doesn't win that one. NADAL IS DONE.

dear god Dani he reached the final of 3 Slams this year beating your boy along the way so how is he falling?

Rodre Fegassi
10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Nadal and Djokovic final at end of every GS until 2016. That is a lock, there is not much you can argue against that - cuz who the hell could possibly stop them before the final of any slam? Maybe Federer, but his time is SERIOUSLY running out.

Nadal will get as many as 50% of those Nadal/Djokovic finals so if you work it out that's 10 more slams out of 20 more slam finals taking his total to 20 slams.

Roadmap
10-17-2011, 05:27 PM
You change your opinions quickly Mugassi. Were you not recently suggesting that Nadull would finish with 25 slams? Now only 20? Losing faith all of a sudden? :D

The Magician
10-17-2011, 05:35 PM

And when he loses it means he wasn't healthy so this doesn't actually say anything about his chances :o Nadull is done, if you need to say he had an "injury" year and was forced to retire like 2009 to cope with it you're allowed (I'm sure he will :rolleyes:)

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
And when he loses it means he wasn't healthy so this doesn't actually say anything about his chances :o Nadull is done, if you need to say he had an "injury" year and was forced to retire like 2009 to cope with it you're allowed (I'm sure he will :rolleyes:)

no the injury excuses in general are very lame, but Nadal is doing fine. it was an ok year, and maybe he didn't train quite as hard as in the past, and it was quite obvious that Nadal was not physically as well off as in the past. let us not forget, in 2011 the serve definitely was missing something also

players adjust and train appropriately given their goals and previous success, it is a shame that you are so desperate to expect or HOPE that Nadal does not care about going for records. he will regroup, get on the right diet, and come back better to win slams

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 05:47 PM
What???

you are so quick to explain it as 'other players discovering something' but in reality the players that have beat him on hard court are not doing anything PARTICULARLY special or different than in the past. they are taking advantage of his backhand (everyone has known the backhand was his weaker side for a long time) and they have had a great days, going for their shots, really feeling the ball

but the truth is, Nadal's losses in 2011 are not so much based off of the competition improving as much as his own game declining temporarily both mentally and physically. his head has not been on quite as tight as in the past, and his diet appears worse than in the past given he is not moving as well. add the fact that his serve was missing something this year and you have your answers as to why 2011 was a bit dissapointing for him

Start da Game
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
when nadal wins slams, they usually come in bunches......one 2-bunch and one 3-bunch in the next 3 seasons will put him at 15......

Saberq
10-17-2011, 06:16 PM
when nadal wins slams, they usually come in bunches......one 2-bunch and one 3-bunch in the next 3 seasons will put him at 15......

I dont think he will ever again win 3 in a season

Start da Game
10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I dont think he will ever again win 3 in a season

french open and wimbledon are a lock for next year.....he is clearly angered after what happened this season.....and in january if he has no injuries and no sickness like flu and decides to fight for 5 hours in semifinal and 6 hours in final, it's going to be hangover for djokovic and disaster for murray......they both should hope somebody takes care of nadal before the semifinal......

Saberq
10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
french open and wimbledon are a lock for next year.....he is clearly angered after what happened this season.....and in january if he has no injuries and no sickness like flu and decides to fight for 5 hours in semifinal and 6 hours in final, it's going to be hangover for djokovic and disaster for murray......they both should hope somebody takes care of nadal before the semifinal......

dude for someone has knows so much about tennis you talk a lot of stupid stuff........and nothing is a lock for him next year.....

Johnny Groove
10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
At least 1 more. Most likely RG.

2 more is surely possible.

3 more is a bit unlikely.

4 more to get 14 and tie Sampras would be quite an achievement.

Any more than that is pushing it. If this were a bookie event, I imagine 2 more would be the betting favorite.

Johnny Groove
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Nadal really blew it this year. Could have had 11 if not 12 if not for Djokovic.

But then again, Fed had chances to win the USO and RG and even the AO.

Yeah, you've been saying this for years and years.

Matt01
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Why isn't 0 an option?

Too unrealistic I guess.

I hope 7.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I think a couple of Roland Garros, like 2-3 and maybe an AO.

Allez
10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
probably 6 or 7.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
probably 6 or 7.

:haha: Too optimistic a bit,no?

Naudio Spanlatine
10-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Quit hating on my :angel: success i mean i even gave Fed a chance and hes not my fave player:rolleyes:

I say maybe ur Mugray might win a slam but its gonna take him a long while to get use to the idea of winning a slam:devil:

Back to Rafa i would say about 3-4 or possibly more if hes healthy and more hungrier than EVER before:)

Warrior
10-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Nadal was dominated by Djokovic this year. But can Nole keep this up? What if he gets seriously injured? Who else can challenge Nadal? Federer is getting old. Murray can't do it on clay and grass. Tomic, Harrison, Raonic are still too young and inexperienced. If DelPo can get back to his top form, then he's the likely candidate.

MatchFederer
10-18-2011, 02:42 AM
I chose 5, and I think around about 4-5 more.

156mphserve
10-18-2011, 03:16 AM
what happened to the how many more slams will Verdasco win thread? I saw it this morning and was gonna read it now:sad:

Ibracadabra
10-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Two more french or one french a fluke somewhere else

Fedex
10-18-2011, 05:18 AM
I think Djokovic would be disappointed at this point if he didn't see Nadal across the net in a major final. It's a win for him before the match even starts.

Fedex
10-18-2011, 05:20 AM

Nadal is actually the opposite. He's won 1 slam in a season 5 times, and has only won multiple slams in a single season twice.

Fed wins his in bunches. 5 years he's won multiple majors, 3 times one major.

Start da Game
10-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Nadal is actually the opposite. He's won 1 slam in a season 5 times, and has only won multiple slams in a single season twice.

you are so wrong.....he peaked in 2008 and started plucking slams like plucking fruits from tree.....if not for injuries, he would have a 4 or 5 bunch spread over two seasons......

Pirata.
10-18-2011, 06:26 AM
you are so wrong.....he peaked in 2008 and started plucking slams like plucking fruits from tree.....if not for injuries, he would have a 4 or 5 bunch spread over two seasons......

2009 must've been a bad harvest :sad:

Start da Game
10-18-2011, 06:29 AM
2009 must've been a bad harvest :sad:

2009 was nothing but self destruction.....2009 french open, wimbledon, 2010 australian open were all his and his alone.....he lost 4 to 5 slams because of injuries and stupid scheduling.....

BigJohn
10-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Actually, this could not be more right. SdG, you seem to live in another dimension...

Time Violation
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM

I guess it's time you take that blind breed comment and apply to yourself :p

JanKowalski
10-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Over 9000 !!!!!

Seriously, 1-3 IMO.

ApproachShot
10-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Provided he stays healthy, another 5 slam victories may be possible.

Rodre Fegassi
10-18-2011, 03:18 PM
He may even re-reverse the Djokovic head-2-head or Djokovic may get permanently injured (you can never tell) in which case 15 more slams for Nadal is the bare minimum as people seem to forget that Djokovic is the only person in the universe who can stop him in a slam.

Egreen
10-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I think 1 or 2.

Sunset of Age
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
He may even re-reverse the Djokovic head-2-head or Djokovic may get permanently injured (you can never tell) in which case 15 more slams for Nadal is the bare minimum as people seem to forget that Djokovic is the only person in the universe who can stop him in a slam.

You act like the current stock market exchange. Two days ago you predicted 25 GS titles for Rafa, yesterday 20, and now 15? :spit: :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee im not Rodre Fegassi, im more beautiful and sweet and SEXIER:devil: :angel:

Mountaindewslave
10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
it's actually quite astounding that although he has missed a few opportunities in 2011, Nadal is still a possible candidate for breaking the GS record. I mean if he had a good 2012 and won 2 or more slams is certainly would stir up talk

Egreen
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
it's actually quite astounding that although he has missed a few opportunities in 2011, Nadal is still a possible candidate for breaking the GS record. I mean if he had a good 2012 and won 2 or more slams is certainly would stir up talk

I believe that ship sailed in 2009. What happened that year changed history.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-18-2011, 05:14 PM
^ :facepalm: PLEASE dont remind me of Nadal's 2009 episode, the only thing i like that year was 2009 austrailan open

Allez
10-19-2011, 07:01 AM
:haha: Too optimistic a bit,no?

He has 5 years of playing great tennis. 5 X 4 = 20 slams he'll be competing in. Even if Djok wins 10 of those and Murray say he wins 2....that is still 8 slams up for grabs and there is no one showing any potential of being the next big thing out there...So Fed will could win one more but Nadal will almost certainly win the remaining 7 ;)

rickcastle
10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
^I don't think Nadal still has 5 good years left in his tank. I'd say 3 tops.

And in those 5 years, do we really not see new great players emerging? Right now it looks like it, but it's not always going to be just Federer, Djokovic, Murray and Nadal competing for slams. Nadal himself seemed to come out of nowhere and just won the first Roland Garros he joined. Maybe the next big thing will surprise us in that way too.

If Nadal was only able to rack up 10 slams in his 10 years of playing pro tennis, how can you say he will rack up 7 more in 5 years playing in his twilight years?

Nekromanta
10-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Rafa is the real deal and the most professional player imo. Will not be surprised if he comes out with much sharper game next year, especially the BH. Do I care? Not really, not even if he cannot win even 1 more GS but I think he will, he's just too stable mentally and physically... and with his hunger to constantly improve his game he will be very dangerous for many more years...

nalbyfan
10-19-2011, 11:40 AM
None hopefully. this poor guy has no serve, a poor volley, his backhand is awful and moreover, he's always injured which is weird for the so called best athlete !!! He's overrated probably because some girls find him attractive, don't know why

rocketassist
10-19-2011, 03:09 PM
He doesn't have five more years, people. Two at tops.