CH Tiburon F: Karlovic def. Querrey 6-7(2) 6-1 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CH Tiburon F: Karlovic def. Querrey 6-7(2) 6-1 6-4

Deathless Mortal
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
2nd challenger title in 2 weeks for Ivo! :hatoff:
Judging by the scoreboard, Querrey was a much better player in the 1st set, winning 10 points more than Ivo (Ivo won only 4 points on return in the whole set). Ivo then started the 2nd set with two breaks, getting to a 5-0 lead, and taking the set 6-1. Querrey had 3 break points to go 2-0 up in the third, but couldn't break and in the next game Ivo broke Sam's serve which was enough to win the match.
14-12 in aces for Ivo and he saved all 7 break points he faced. :worship:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Sam :o :facepalm: :rolleyes:

TWICE IN A ROW you lost to DR.IVO in the finals of a CHALLENGER TOURNEY:haha:

Deathless Mortal
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Sam :o :facepalm: :rolleyes:

TWICE IN A ROW you lost to DR.IVO in the finals of a CHALLENGER TOURNEY:haha:

Last week they didn't play in the final.

Sonja1989
10-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Last week they didn't play in the final.

It was a semifinal, no matter. :p

Anyway, sorry Querrey! :hug: Next time you should win..

Still, I'm glad for Ivo, great guy. :hatoff:

Mountaindewslave
10-16-2011, 10:11 PM
ouch definitely does not boad well for Querry losing to Karlovic in 2 challenger events in a row..... not say the big man doesn't have game, but Querry also has a big serve and should be able to beat Karlovic off the ground.... SHOULD....

Orka_n
10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
The Surgeon doing his thing. :yeah:

LawrenceOfTennis
10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Querrey in clown mode.
It's always bad for tennis when Karlovic wins a match.

ossie
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM
tennis patiently awaits the day these mugs are going to retire

Snowwy
10-16-2011, 10:57 PM
ouch definitely does not boad well for Querry losing to Karlovic in 2 challenger events in a row..... not say the big man doesn't have game, but Querry also has a big serve and should be able to beat Karlovic off the ground.... SHOULD....

Karlovic has a higher career high, I don't think its fair to say that Querrey should be better than this. Karlovic at his peak is better.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-16-2011, 11:00 PM
karlovic is the shame of this sport

Roddickominator
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Always good when Querrey loses. Even if you don't like Karlovic, at least he actually likes to play the game and isn't a skidmark on the underpants of tennis like Querrey is.

Sapeod
10-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Karlovic has a higher career high, I don't think its fair to say that Querrey should be better than this. Karlovic at his peak is better.
Karlovic at his peak is almost unstoppable. Unbreakable serve coupled with some nice net play and occasional brilliant groundstrokes >>>>>>>>> Querrey by miles.

Filo V.
10-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Disgusting result. Ivo was solidly top 100 and ranked around 60 heading into this event, he's just another points stealer. He beat three guys in a row who desperately need the points to finish top 100. I don't know how anyone can support that. So sad, the challenger tour is cheapened weekly these days.

Snowwy
10-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Disgusting result. Ivo was solidly top 100 and ranked around 60 heading into this event, he's just another points stealer. He beat three guys in a row who desperately need the points to finish top 100. I don't know how anyone can support that. So sad, the challenger tour is cheapened weekly these days.

Check his ranking 6 weeks ago, that's when he entered these events. ;)

misty1
10-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Always good when Querrey loses. Even if you don't like Karlovic, at least he actually likes to play the game and isn't a skidmark on the underpants of tennis like Querrey is.

:haha:

Filo V.
10-17-2011, 01:05 AM
He was top 100 when he entered them. Ranked in the 70s. Now he's around 50. He didn't need the points.

Say Hey Kid
10-17-2011, 01:06 AM

Well said. Not many people hate to play the game more than Querrey.

Snowwy
10-17-2011, 01:08 AM
He was top 100 when he entered them. Ranked in the 70s. Now he's around 50. He didn't need the points.

So he is suppose to go to Asia to play qualies instead of staying in the US, a place he seems to love to play to play main draw of 100k and 125k challengers?

jmjhb
10-17-2011, 01:10 AM
His wife gave birth last month too, I'm not sure he would have wanted to go to the other side of the world.

Having said that, anything that stops Bjorn Phau getting back in the top 100 is good for tennis, frankly.

Smoke944
10-17-2011, 01:14 AM

I can agree about Lopez playing Orleans, but this, no way. He was ranked 76 and 78 when he entered these 100k challengers. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Mountaindewslave
10-17-2011, 01:44 AM

I would completely disagree, Karlovic at his best has an amazing serve and relatively limited groundstrokes. his movement, no matter of how well he is hitting the ball, will and has always been his kryptonite.

Querry on the other hand can get around the court well when he is at his best and definitely can do anything as well as Karlovic minus the serve

think it is unfair to Querry to generalize him by his recent slump, a year ago he was quite good

jcempire
10-17-2011, 03:58 AM
His wife gave birth last month too, I'm not sure he would have wanted to go to the other side of the world.

Having said that, anything that stops Bjorn Phau getting back in the top 100 is good for tennis, frankly.

you maybe right

anyway guys in today..... not good as ten years ago

petar_pan
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
2 in a row, nice. He is 55th now. He got 290 form last 3 tournaments, with 150 more he will be almost on same place before injury.

fast_clay
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
the doctor prescribing the correct medication here...

henke007
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
:)Ivo:bounce:

Snowwy
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I would completely disagree, Karlovic at his best has an amazing serve and relatively limited groundstrokes. his movement, no matter of how well he is hitting the ball, will and has always been his kryptonite.

Querry on the other hand can get around the court well when he is at his best and definitely can do anything as well as Karlovic minus the serve

think it is unfair to Querry to generalize him by his recent slump, a year ago he was quite good

You make an interesting point, I would say Karlovic was quite good a couple years ago when he was ranked 14th in the world. ;)

Sunset of Age
10-17-2011, 01:59 PM

Huh? So basically you're saying that a former subtop player who's well in his thirties but still enjoys playing on the tour shouldn't be allowed to play on a 'lesser' tour level because of 'stealing points' from youngsters? I don't know what that's called in your book, but in mine, it's ageism - pure discrimination. :(

Well done, Doc Ivo. Please stay on the tour as long as possible and make life miserable for all those who call you 'limited', just a server, etc. :yeah:

Agrajag
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM

His job is to gain points and money for himself. Who the fuck are you to decide which events he should play?

Point stealer is the probably the craziest thing I have ever read here. Djokovic is already number one, he shouldn't play any matches until next season.

Action Jackson
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM

Stop with it. His wife just gave birth to a daughter, they live in the US, naturally he wants to stay as close to his child initially for a few weeks before he goes back to Europe.

You're whining again.

BroTree123
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Happy for Ivo and his wife. What a great gift for her and the rest of the family...a nice addition with the newly born daughter :hug:. Best wishes to them, and keep up the good work!

Filo V continuing his fine run of form :rolleyes:

Caesar1844
10-18-2011, 02:50 AM
What's the deal with all the Querrey hate? I don't know much about him but yanks tend to be fairly popular around here.

Topspindoctor
10-18-2011, 02:53 AM
What's the deal with all the Querrey hate? I don't know much about him but yanks tend to be fairly popular around here.

:spit:

You obviously haven't been around to see all the hate Duck gets even from other Americans.

Caesar1844
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
Roddick's a bit different. Most yank up and comers are pretty popular unless they've done something serious to piss people off (e.g. Donald). What'd Querrey do?

And don't say 'be a spud'. I know you hate everybody who wasn't born on Mallorca. I'm asking about normal people.

Snowwy
10-18-2011, 02:59 AM
Roddick's a bit different. Most yank up and comers are pretty popular unless they've done something serious to piss people off (e.g. Donald). What'd Querrey do?

And don't say 'be a spud'. I know you hate everybody who wasn't born on Mallorca. I'm asking about normal people.

My observations have been that most non-American posters dislike most American players. I think the general complaint about Querrey is that he doesn't actually like playing tennis so 'we' should bash him for that.