WWW Stockholm FinalQR: Copil v.s Stebe [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Stockholm FinalQR: Copil v.s Stebe

misty1
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
This is an interesting match up between 2 of the young up and comers on tour. Cedrik is very close to the top 100 and qualifying would get him in. Marius is ranked much lower at 217 but might have the edge on this surface

I always like to see these kinds of matches, the players of tommorrow facing off.

what do you think?

LawrenceOfTennis
10-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Stebe fucked up Harrison's Wimbledon, so hopefully this copius.

Li Ching Yuen
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
If you beat Bachinger who's perhaps the steadiest challenger player out there then it's pretty clear that you're playing well. I'm surprised that he got through the German, he must be serving really well.

I think Stebe is the favorite here but it's a nice match-up nonetheless, two like-able young players fighting for a spot in the MD.

The Magician
10-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Stebe is on a different level. He's collected quite a few high profile wins, and is definitely one of the best prospects for the future (even though he's under the radar for some reason). I would be very surprised if he lost this.

_Chaz
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Hopefully Stebe! And if he wins hopefully he'll get Robredo or Ryderstedt, where a QF would be very possible. Tomic wouldn't be that bad either as he probably won't be motivated.

nole_no1
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I was very surprised to see Marius beating Bachinger so if he beat Matthias than he can take out Stebe that's for sure

Marius in 3 hopefully :yeah:

Sonja1989
10-16-2011, 10:06 PM
I think Stebe.

Stebe fucked up Harrison's Wimbledon, so hopefully this copius.

Oh please forget that match!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

jmjhb
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Copil hopefully. Stebe has to resort to gamesmanship to win matches and I don't like that.

Robhes
10-17-2011, 08:32 AM
this match look like coin toss ... Stebe have great results this year, but nothing on indoors. Last week he lost 2-6 3-6 to Daniel Evans for God sake !!!

Copil is 7-0 on indoors this year (I didn't count his retirement as a defeat) and 6 of this 7 wins he took when he was outsider against solid challenger indoors players. He beat Bachinger and Yani here in two easy sets, and IMO player who can beat Bachinger that easily for sure can do some damage to Stebe too. Unfortunately, Copil still didn't find the way to pass through qualifications of any single tournament above challenger level and that fact can cause serious "brain barriere" in this match.

Personally I will bet on Copil here because odds of 2,78 on him is too big here, but still I'm not sure if he is strong enough mentally to show Stebe road to home.

n8
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Happy either way but it would be nice for the birthday boy to win (Copil's 21st birthday 17th of October).