Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

EddceLLent
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

It just tells me everyone "has a reputation beyond repute", so I don't really get the significance of it?

...and 'credits'...no idea?

:confused:

Orka_n
10-16-2011, 04:44 PM
You gain credits when you post. You can use your credits in the gambling section as play money and gain more of them. You can also give them away as a gift.

You can give good or bad reputation to a certain post by clicking the v/x button next to the exclamation mark below the user information to the left of the post in question. If you think someone has said something good, you click on that button and give them a goodrep. You can also add a comment. The goodrep will show as a green dot on the other guy's User CP. You can also give someone a badrep if you dislike the post. But of course no one likes receiving badreps so dishing them out really only results in a circle of animosity and hostility. If someone has more badreps than goodreps on their user CP, their reputation bar turns red. In most cases it's green though, which is called a "reputation beyond repute".

EddceLLent
10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
You gain credits when you post. You can use your credits in the gambling section as play money and gain more of them. You can also give them away as a gift.

You can give good or bad reputation to a certain post by clicking the v/x button next to the exclamation mark below the user information to the left of the post in question. If you think someone has said something good, you click on that button and give them a goodrep. You can also add a comment. The goodrep will show as a green dot on the other guy's User CP. You can also give someone a badrep if you dislike the post. But of course no one likes receiving badreps so dishing them out really only results in a circle of animosity and hostility. If someone has more badreps than goodreps on their user CP, their reputation bar turns red. In most cases it's green though, which is called a "reputation beyond repute".

Thanks for explaining. Don't think i've seen anyone with a red reputation bar! On forums like these that surprises me greatly haha.

Orka_n
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for explaining. Don't think i've seen anyone with a red reputation bar! On forums like these that surprises me greatly haha.Well, even the most moronic poster has people who think he is funny. Either that or they just enjoy watching that poster hate on certain players/fangroups. So they keep his reputation bar green.

Sunset of Age
10-16-2011, 04:58 PM
... as for the 'credits':
Every time you post, you get 5 credits. When you start a thread and people reply to your thread you get them as well (don't know how much though, never payed attention).

You might think, well, what's the fun in that?
With those credits, you can start virtual betting (i.e., with virtual cash, = credits) over here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php?, betting on which player will win a match, set scores, or whatever - and make even more credits, or lose 'em all, if you suck at the bets, :lol:.
Might not mean anything, just for fun, but I've personally experienced that at times, a completely meaningless match between two players which you don't care about at all, but on which match you've put on a lot of vCash (= credits) suddenly becomes very interesting... ;)

It's fun. :)

EddceLLent
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
... as for the 'credits':
Every time you post, you get 5 credits. When you start a thread and people reply to your thread you get them as well (don't know how much though, never payed attention).

You might think, well, what's the fun in that?
With those credits, you can start virtual betting (i.e., with virtual cash, = credits) over here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php?, betting on which player will win a match, set scores, or whatever - and make even more credits, or lose 'em all, if you suck at the bets, :lol:.
Might not mean anything, just for fun, but I've personally experienced that at times, a completely meaningless match between two players which you don't care about at all, but on which match you've put on a lot of vCash (= credits) suddenly becomes very interesting... ;)

It's fun. :)

I'm sure that before long i'll be a gambling addict haha :). Thanks for the explanation though.

Sunset of Age
10-16-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm sure that before long i'll be a gambling addict haha :). Thanks for the explanation though.

The good thing about vBetting is that it's just for fun. So no bankruptancy, heart attacks, homelessness or anything else *bad* at stake, just the mockery of your fellow vBetters. :D

Oh and as you're new here... have fun, just enjoy the silliness that goes on over here.

finishingmove
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I call them 'links', after LinkMage.

JolánGagó
10-16-2011, 08:02 PM
No one has told you about the only real use of credits?

You can use them to buy votes for you or your fave posters in all forum contests (ACC, Popcon, Mr and Ms MTF, etc) the season for which is about to start.

Getta
10-16-2011, 08:13 PM
you better know the right MTFers, who know the right MTFers so you can find the right MTFers to bribe cause not all MTFers are susceptible to nepotism and other quasi-corrupt practices.

tennizen
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
credits can also be used to cast spells on hated players before important GS matches.

EddceLLent
10-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Revelatory stuff :p